Time is on my side! A MM /Time guide for all primaries. Now with updates!

Warlawk

While I don't understand the math I sorta knew the other non-procs were tuned for the right recharge 

Is all the proc math based on base rechg, regardless of how much recharge bonus, etc... you have, or does it also need to be adjusted for that?

Overall I don't "have to" use attuned enhancements but I take my time levelling and it helps to build set bonuses as I go. This would be a good example not to. 

5 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Is all the proc math based on base rechg, regardless of how much recharge bonus, etc... you have, or does it also need to be adjusted for that?

Slowed Response: Shield Breaker (3.5 PPM), Achilles' Heel (3.5 PPM), Touch of Lady Grey (3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 59.11 / 100 )) + 2.27) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 90.02%)

In order from left to right:

• 3.5 = Procs Per Minute (PPM)
  • 90 = Base Recharge of the power
  • 59.11 = Slotted Recharge enhancement (including Alpha slotting) but NOT including global recharge bonus factor(s)
  • 2.27 = Animation time of power (NOT the Arcanatime animation time!)
  • 25 = AoE Radius (in feet)
  • 360 = Arc degrees (360 is circular/spherical)

Plug into calculator method of choice, obeying the () parenthesis so as to get the order of operations right (and therefore get the right answer) and compute the answer provided (your calculator will show 0.9002021545 ... which is 90.02%).  Since no proc can achieve more than a 90% chance to proc per attempt to proc, the proc chance is "clamped" at 90% maximum.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 4 weeks later
On 5/2/2020 at 12:23 PM, Redlynne said:

Slowed Response: Shield Breaker (3.5 PPM), Achilles' Heel (3.5 PPM), Touch of Lady Grey (3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 59.11 / 100 )) + 2.27) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 90.02%)

In order from left to right:

• 3.5 = Procs Per Minute (PPM)
  • 90 = Base Recharge of the power
  • 59.11 = Slotted Recharge enhancement (including Alpha slotting) but NOT including global recharge bonus factor(s)
  • 2.27 = Animation time of power (NOT the Arcanatime animation time!)
  • 25 = AoE Radius (in feet)
  • 360 = Arc degrees (360 is circular/spherical)

Plug into calculator method of choice, obeying the () parenthesis so as to get the order of operations right (and therefore get the right answer) and compute the answer provided (your calculator will show 0.9002021545 ... which is 90.02%).  Since no proc can achieve more than a 90% chance to proc per attempt to proc, the proc chance is "clamped" at 90% maximum.

Redlynne's title is well earned, wish i had a head for maths but I just use Redlynne's instead 🙂

Grav/time 3.0 build is fricking awesome and completely changed the set for me, loving grav/time so much now.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, drew1000 said:

Redlynne's title is well earned, wish i had a head for maths but I just use Redlynne's instead 🙂

Grav/time 3.0 build is fricking awesome and completely changed the set for me, loving grav/time so much now.

We make every pretense of competency around here ...  😎

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 4 weeks later
On 5/1/2020 at 10:41 PM, Redlynne said:

The level of the proc(s themselves) don't matter ... but the total recharge from the not proc slots is extremely important, since that will influence what the chance of those procs to happen will be. 

Time to go over every single build I have.

• Like 1

• 10 months later

I know that this is borderline thread necromancy but hey:

-It's a sticky

-MMs have necromancy as a powerset

So there.

I always wanted to try a bots MM and this topic made me choose Time as my secondary.  Great stuff so far but the build (builds) there all date from before the latest changes, namely to travel powers.  Do we have an updated version of this somewhere?  I started dabbling with the build originally posted there but I still don't really master the science involved. 

Also: wouldn't it be smart to have one of the MM's rifle attacks in there to help the bots?  Like the AOE grenade?  (Honest but clueless question here).

Anwyays,  Fun combo to play so far!

Edit: sentences need verbs to make sense.

Edited by Aeroprism

3 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Also: wouldn't it be smart to have one of the MM's rifle attacks in there to help the bots?  Like the AOE grenade?  (Honest but clueless question here).

Most (if not all) of the mastermind primary attacks are basically wasted powers. The damage scale, the additional endurance cost, and the higher than normal recharge for them just make them mostly junk in the overall scale of what you could be doing otherwise. I'd say that a Power Pool attack is better than getting a Mastermind Primary power, as you shouldn't be inflicted with the Mastermind Endurance Tax.

Having said that, if there is a concept, or set bonus you really really want, the Primary powers are good for set mules, as they are available early. They can also help out in the lower levels (say, sub 20) but after that, mobs hit points scale up so much that you're better off picking literally anything else to use.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 6:33 AM, Aeroprism said:

I know that this is borderline thread necromancy but hey:

-It's a sticky

-MMs have necromancy as a powerset

So there.

I always wanted to try a bots MM and this topic made me choose Time as my secondary.  Great stuff so far but the build (builds) there all date from before the latest changes, namely to travel powers.  Do we have an updated version of this somewhere?  I started dabbling with the build originally posted there but I still don't really master the science involved. 

Anwyays,  Fun combo to play so far!

Edit: sentences need verbs to make sense.

Yes, I'd say take the AOE grenade and stick a couple damage procs in it.  Here's the quick math:

At Level 50, Photon Grenade has base damage of 27.5.  With 3 Damage SOs, it rises to about 57.3.

A typical 3.5 PPM proc will have a 44% chance of triggering.  Putting two damage procs gives an average damage of 91.2. 

Is 91.2 amazing damage?  No, but it ain't bad and it adds a decent tool to your toolbox.  I've got it slotted with 1 Acc and two procs (Posi's Blast & Bombardment).  You can also go with a few of the utility procs (chance for knockdown, -res, etc...)

• Like 1

• Warlawk changed the title to Time is on my side! A MM /Time guide for all primaries. Now with updates!
  • 4 months later
9 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

These builds are apparently not for leveling.  Honestly the lack of a travel power for so many levels is painful and they take absolutely no consideration to downleveling for lower tier content for farming gold star ratings on TF's/SF's

They're also four years old and don't take any of the game's changes since then into consideration.  If you're looking for a Mastermind build, I'd suggest limiting your search to 2022 and later.