Questions about Plant/Earth

Olthoi986

So I've been enjoying my first Dom: Plant/Earth, but I'm not familiar with either set and was wondering if there's certain powers I can safely skip or that I'm just not understanding the value of. I've got a Grav/Time Controller at 50 so some of my experiences with that have been guiding me.

With the secondary: Power boost in Earth Assault seems redundant with Domination. Also, do I really need 3 ST melee powers and 2 ST ranged powers? It seems like once I've got enough recharge for perma-Haste, I can drop a few attacks and keep a full rotation.

With the primary: I've currently skipped Entangle, Spore Burst, and Spirit Tree. No qualms about Entangle. I wouldn't usually bother with an AoE sleep but maybe it's valuable to help offset the squishiness of a Dom? I feel like things can go south really quick and I end up in the hospital often. And Spirit Tree looks fairly underpowered considering the 3m20s recharge. Am I correct? Also, I just hit 26 and was excited to train Carrion Creepers but it's got a 6m recharge!! I thought this was a staple power for Plant...

Any feedback is appreciated!

I skip the same powers in plant. I had the sleep power leveling but it was pretty well useless as things would immediately be awoken by creepers, fly trap, confused enemies or fiery orb (orb was probably what aggroed the second mob anyway). I find vines is plenty for an emergency power.

Creepers is the best power in the set, which in a set that has seeds of confusion is really saying something. With a crazy recharge build mine's at 136 second recharge with no recharge in the power itself for proccing purposes. It's close enough to perma since seeds is such fast recharge and you have other tools for the time it's down. I can't emphasize enough how amazing creepers is with procs.

As to earth, someone else will have to take that one.

it's both. it's a patch that follows you (kinda slowly) that slows, knocks down and springs immobilize patches from corpses. Oh and damages. And as a ground targeted patch it can be used out of line of sight. It's just generally awesome normally. Procced it's insane.

Mine has a nucleolus hami O, annihilation -res, positron's, javelin volley, impeded swiftness, explosive strike. left out trap of the hunter just for damage variety since creepers natively does lethal and i had the javelin in my base already.

• 2 months later

Got my plant/stone Dom to 50 last week and I absolutely loved it (was my first Dom as well). After playing with the the powers in both sets I think Boogaloo is spot on with Plant and for stone I think must have powers no matter what you are focusing on stone are: stone spears (mandatory), Heavy mallet, and Seismic. Getting a mix and match of the other powers depending if you are team/solo and aoe/single target is your next play. None of the aoes are amazing but if you are just farming big groups solo then I would absolutely take Fissure/mud pots/Tremor.

I took power boost because I love being able to chain that with the hold synergy between Seismic smash and the plant ST hold for AV fights. Regarding your direct questions about needing X amount of attacks, you can absolutely have A rotation without all the attacks but you might want to focus on having THEE rotation (optimal). Without number crunching I think having seismic, heavy mallet, stone mallet and stone spears is all you need. I'm not a fan of hurl boulder because the animation time and unless im solo farming tremor animation is rough too. General all purpose build I think you could skip Tremor/hurl and if you want powerboost.

Having said all that, try out all the powers and then use some of those /respecs! Combo is super freaking fun and I can see it being able to team and solo farm effectively once fully built!