Patch Notes for August 27th, 2019

Leandro

• City Council
3 minutes ago, Fedifensor said:

What is the purpose of Interrupt IOs (including Interrupt in Snipe sets) now that we have fast snipe?

Bling?

Though more seriously it does provide some small benefit when using out of combat slow snipes, but was never that especially useful due to the weird way interrupt reduction works. It's something that might eventually go the way of Intangibility IOs.

So I just got to play with Perma snipe on my AR/Dev, so that's sad, but based on how this is described, it should be fine.  Big fan of the Targeting Drone changes, that should boost me really nicely

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

Can we get a fix to Archery Fast Snipe animation.  The current animation for Archery snipe is to pull out the arrow with a flourish, knock it, draw and hold, then fire.  Fast snipe involves the flourish, the arrow reaches the bow, doesn't have time to be knocked or drawn and just flies at the target.  It basically looks like I'm throwing the arrow up in air but it shoots forward at tremendous speed.

Nevermind, this is probably the fix

• Fixed a bug in the no-redraw version of fast-Archery's Snipe.
Edited by KalSpiro

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

Man, I am excited for these Devices changes. ❤️

I was hoping Dark Assault would also get some love, as my Dominator feels like they barely output any damage, but hey, maybe at some point. If the other sets did even less before this patch then well deserved.

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Is the Energy Assault mechanic of Energy Focus not supposed to trigger on grey mobs?

Asking because I took my 35 Mind/Energy Dom for a quick spin around Talos, killed a hundred mobs, and the only time I got Energy Focus was from using Total Focus.

That is likely correct.

The only way to gain it without using TF is to use a power on a DISORIENTED npc, you are likely killing greys, not disorienting them and having them last enough hits to trigger it?

From my testing on Justin, it does not come up very often in the random way - but when it does it's nice.  Plan around TF if you want to force it.

---

Jealous of all you guys that get to play today!   I've been tinkering with the dom stuff in beta and it was great (although I am actually a bit hesitant about many sets getting another big range damage attack via insta-snipe, but that's not a dom centric problem), can't wait to take my doms for a spin tonight!

Edits:

I was hoping Dark Assault would also get some love, as my Dominator feels like they barely output any damage, but hey, maybe at some point. If the other sets did even less before this patch then well deserved.

Dark has a snipe.  That's a huge buff on its own.  Each set with a snipe basically gets a free t9 blast.  Also,  I'm not sure how your dom is built...you can post it up in the dominator forums and myself and others can take a look :).

Edited by lobster

2 hours ago, Leandro said:

• Added 676 items to the base editor. You can find them by searching for "New" in the Place Item view.

Just wondering if any of those 676 items have any functions, or are all of them just cosmetic items... Great job guys! 🙂

From the RC1 Patch (Aug.23):

Icy Assault:

Chilling Embrace: now does a small amount of cold damage every 2 seconds.

Ice Slash recharge lowered from 20 to 17 seconds, damage scale lowered from 3.56 to 3.08

These aren't listed in the patch notes above.  Did they not make it into the live build, or were they left out/reverted?

• City Council
1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

This is a voice of one, but I am extremely unhappy with the changes in stealth. Not really the movement speed change, but the fact that the translucency is now the same across stealth powers. 

This sounds like a bug! Please ensure there's a report in the bug forum and we'll get to it soon 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council
9 minutes ago, RayZac said:

Wasn't sure if mentioned yet... Illusion/Superior Invis is showing at .36/sec. Was this supposed to be .182 or adjusted and notes just not yet updated? Thanks 🙂

The numbers in the patch notes are cost per tick. Toggles tick twice a second, so the cost per second is in fact double what's listed in the patch notes.

We may swap to showing per second costs in the future  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Bling?

Though more seriously it does provide some small benefit when using out of combat slow snipes, but was never that especially useful due to the weird way interrupt reduction works. It's something that might eventually go the way of Intangibility IOs.

If so, please take a look at Aid Self first...

• Like 1

Excelsior Global Channel - for your server wide chat and forming TFs, Trials, Radios, Farms, whatever you want to do - /chan_join Excelsior today!

2 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Interrupt itself won’t go away. Six was referring to the enhancements, potentially, going away.

Well, quite. Aid Self will need some love if you can't reduce the interrupt.

• Like 1

Excelsior Global Channel - for your server wide chat and forming TFs, Trials, Radios, Farms, whatever you want to do - /chan_join Excelsior today!

Device Changes.

- Targeting Drone gets the same useless mechanic that /ninja's buildup replacement has.  At least the always on 20% damage is nice.

- Time bomb changes are good, will still be useless on a team as it'll take 7.77 secs to go off and when teaming most things are already dead.  Will be an improvement for soloing but I'll probably still skip it.

- Taser change I'm neutral on, personally preferred the longer recharge and stun time but whatever.

- Web grenade change is good.

- Utterly loathe the trip mine change. The idea was to set up a few before a fight, which is now more of a pain with the 50% recharge increase.  What I dislike most about it is that they go off before the animation setting them up finishes, before there was a slight delay before they went off meaning you could get an attack off before they were blown up, was good for toe bombing.  The feel of the power overall has completely changed

- Regarding the snipe changes and /devices.  To get the slow version (to do more damage) you need to toggle off targeting drone but this means you lose the  targeting drone damage buff.  

Looks like it was a lot of work overall and I appreciate the effort.

Edited by Wompy