Patch Notes for August 27th, 2019

Leandro

Not particularly happy that Stone Spears from the Earth set cast time is reduced so drastically. I just feel it is too fast. When i imagine using that power I feel there is a weight to it. It is a earth shaking move so it makes sense the user charges up a little before impacting the earth. That's just me though.

50 minutes ago, Ignicity said:

The old, if you don't like it; GTFO rebuttal.

Nobody said anything approaching that sentiment.  However, there are servers out there that boast exactly the features the OP lamented were not a part of this implementation, and it seems more logical to utilize that option, rather than expecting the Homecoming version to match your memories, or expectations of what the game used to be. 

In truth, if it had never closed down, it's likely the experience would be far different even than the one we are currently experiencing, and the changes more far ranging.  I'm not going to attempt to persuade anyone to stay, who is clearly unhappy with things as they are, so I simply pointed out that there were alternatives that catered to his exact specifications.  No hard feelings intended.  Just an earnest desire for as many people as possible to keep playing this game, even if they just aren't happy doing it here.  I rather see someone play on another server, than stop playing altogether.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 5

What was no more, is REBORN!

I don't see it in the patch notes, but  some my enhancement icons are much brighter and defined?  Adjusted targeting is gorgeous now and I can actually see that there's a target.

About to be away from the computer for a week (Yay DragonCon) but I can't wait to try out all the dom changes.

Edited by tatmia

Just now, Djinn_Tonic said:

Looks good! Thank you for all the time you wonderful devs put into this wonderful game!

So uh, those changes to Dominator Energy Assault... Is Energy Melee going to be seeing some cast time/other inprovements in the future? >.>

I'm curious about that myself.  Also, I was expecting Dominator as a whole being looked and...now I'm curious what is next to target.  Didn't they say they were going to do something with Sentinel's inherent at some point?

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Arkterusss said:

Interesting, although I wonder what the reasoning was behind nerfing some of Ice Assault's damage.

The game operates under some strict damage formulas. The only way to increase DPS of a power, without ignoring these design formulas (that are a huge part of what defines the game) is by increasing the recharge of a power, reducing cast time or introducing complex special mechanics.

Reducing cast time is not a trivial matter, and very often not an option at all.

Special mechanics can drastically feel the way sets feel, and may force a new identity to sets. Although some people love special mechanics, others detest them, so I avoid it unless there is no other way to make a set work (there was no other way to get Energy Assault to be competitive without breaking the cottage rule.)

Overall, the changes Icy Assault received were buffs.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

I love those DOm changes. ALso, totally claiming (even if it aint true) to have coined that Energy Focus buff in Energy Assault!

Total Focus going from 3.6 to 2.5 secs is totally amazing..any chance on doing the same for Energy Melee/EnMap for melee and blasters? ESPECIALLY energy melee.

With Devices losing teh Int from trip mine, any change Traps can get the same? And that Interupts as a whole can just..vanish?

Also..Tremor, on Brutes/tanks. As well as Hurl. Tremor is just an AWFUL aoe. So slow, stupidly tiny damage, LESS than FootStomp (also a tier9 atatck, and FS gets Rage).

Edited by Razor Cure

7 hours ago, Cix said:

Not on Torchbearer.  No worries though, I'm just being cheap.

My bad: I meant to say "couple hundred thousand Inf".

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I can't tell if Invisibility or Stealth is better for my Ninja/Fire MM with these changes.

First, I can't actually tell even with testing how much def sticks around after attacking from stealth. I assume 1/2 because there are 2 different def bonuses shown in attributes from stealth, but I can't confirm because they both stick around even while attacking.

Edit: I'm blind and figured it out. You retain 1/2 of the def bonus (after enhancements) from stealth while in combat. Heals, buffs and pet commands do not count as "in combat". Debuffs do count as attacks.

Second, I don't know if giving pet commands drops the def from invis or heals for that matter. I couldn't test previously because "Only affecting self" didn't allow commands, and I'm too lazy right this second to respec (possibly twice) just to test it out.

Edit: See above, Heals, buffs and pet commands do not count as in combat and you keep all def bonuses from Invisibility using those types of abilities. Debuffs do count as in combat.

Does anyone know how these work, exactly?

Edited by CaoinShidh

2 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

One thing at a time. Not promising the same changes, but the total focus animation cut was taken from a WIP energy melee revision.

Wait WIP as in something the devs had tucked away? If so that would explain why the changes looked so familiar. It's been bugging me all day.

• Developer
5 hours ago, J-Naught said:

Is there any reason to explain the high endurance cost of Stealth now that Invisibility's cost is reduced? The stealthiness seems on par with say, the immobilization protect of Combat Jumping.

Combat Jump is an unaturally low end cost power that likely was never meant to cost that little. 

Stealth end cost should be lower now than before, and be in line with Hover’s end cost.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Not a big fan of the icon change to Scorpion Shield. It now looks like a resistance based shield. The clear minding of Increase Density is ok, I guess, but it does more than remove mez effects...

Why were these changed again? Don't remember the patch notes saying anything about icon changes.

new scorpion shield.PNG

new increase density.PNG

Has anyone else noticed that Team Teleport is borked?  I am only teleporting team members that are on my level, and even then only if they were already close by.  Have tested this on several teams and unless everyone is lying, none of them have team teleport blocked.  Have not tested it enough to determine what is going on.  Just that it is not 100% of the time teleporting everyone.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

4 minutes ago, Roughtrade said:

Has anyone else noticed that Team Teleport is borked?  I am only teleporting team members that are on my level, and even then only if they were already close by.  Have tested this on several teams and unless everyone is lying, none of them have team teleport blocked.  Have not tested it enough to determine what is going on.  Just that it is not 100% of the time teleporting everyone.

Any Masterminds on team?  Team Teleport will go through every single pet and try to teleport them as well.  So it can take forever for it to get around to actual players, if it gets around to them at all.

12 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

One thing at a time. Not promising the same changes, but the total focus animation cut was taken from a WIP energy melee revision.

Energy melee revision?  As in perhaps Its final attack being reverted to pre-13 version?

3 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Team teleport or assemble the team? The powers work very differently. 

• Like 1