Official 'enterbasefrompasscode' Resolution thread

5 minutes ago, Epsilon Assassin said:

That's fine, I simply felt the duty to point out that you weren't really fooling anyone by making objectively false statements, then when called on them later, playing the sarcasm card. As long as that got across (Which it apparently did), then the statement achieved its intended goal. 

I have though. You base your opinions on an objectively false premise. No one is insulting you, but at the same time, you're making assertions contradicted by reality and then saying "I don't think they're wrong, so they're not wrong". 

And the only reason you see that, or think that, is because I disagreed with you. Which is fine, you're entitled to your opinion. 

And we can agree with that, and state it all, without randomly tossing mud on a community you aren't a part of, know next to nothing about and has nothing to do with this issue. I never took issue with this, just your objectively inaccurate portrayal of the PvP community as the cause of all your ills. It's objectively and demonstrably wrong, even if you don't agree with that statement. 

Now, as this discourse has run it's course with you specifically saying you don't agree with the common reality that we all share, I'll bow out. We can't have meaningful and constructive conversation if you consider reality to be an opinion. Have a nice night.

*sigh*

What sarcasm? What false statements?

You felt the need to blow what was either (based on my specific text) a joke (as I intended it) or something that wasn't going to happen completely out of proportion. A simple "They aren't going to remove PvP" would have been a logical or sensible response. @macskulls response was on the nail, in fact. Yeah it led to my rant and eventually here, but I never felt he was being unpleasant for the sake of it.

My opinion is that I hate PvP in this game. Whether or not you agree with that is immaterial. But saying that my opinion is false? What gives you the right to say that?

There were changes made to the game that were intended to address issues in PvP that then effected PvE, I notice you aren't calling out anyone else that remembers this, only me so clearly you have an issue with me and not the facts.

I object to people telling lies about me. Disagree with me, agree with me, doesn't matter. But if you make assertions about me and my behaviours that aren't actually reflected in reality I will have an issue with it. Oddly that sounds pretty much like the very same thing you accuse me of... strange that it's okay to accuse me of something but I'm not allowed to accuse others. Even if I had, which I didn't.

And once again: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE PVP COMMUNITY!!! That is in your imagination, and I don't know why you will neither provide proof of it (a quote), let it drop or explain how you think the devs making changes to the game is "The PvP Community". And even if you do think that changes to the game for pvp == the pvp community, how is me saying I don't like pvp and I didn't like changes to the game for that purpose slinging mud. You in fact are the only one slinging mud. And you've done it since your first reply to me.

If I am wrong in something and you (or anyone) can show me that I am wrong by arguing for their standpoint or showing me the correct facts I am happy to acknowledge that I was wrong. Nobody has done that (in this thread). People remember changes to the game differently to me, but that is really (unless you can provide direct developer quotes) akin to hearsay now. Nor can I prove that what I say is true either, again hearsay. My opinion isn't hearsay or based on facts it's based on how I feel about something. It can be changed but it isn't going to change from your arguments because your arguments are based on an entirely false view of reality.

As you clearly aren't actually interested in anything but lies and false accusations it's not really worth responding further. OTOH find some actual proof of what you're saying and I will.

• City Council

For future reference, there's a report button on the right-hand side of the top bar of your post that is usually more effective than tagging a couple random GMs and praying it works.

In any case, this thread has indeed joined the choir invisible, so I will close it.

• Thanks 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!