Battlewraith Art

battlewraith

• 7 months later
  • 1 month later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Hey peeps, 

I'm organizing a casual pvp event on Excelsior server. The idea is to get a group of farmers, each of which will have a team of door sitters who start as brand new level one characters. As the teams level, they will face of against the other teams at specific intervals (eg. 1, 20, 38, 50). The only enhancements participants will be allowed to use are SOs. No incarnates, no IOs.

So you can hang out, have crazy lowbie pvp brawls, and get an alt farmed to 50. It's also a great opportunity to play characters that aren't good for the current high end pvp meta: warshades, controllers, scrappers, etc.

I'm also offering custom 3d printed character busts for the farmers/team captains. There are more details, as well as a sample of what a bust might be like,  in the "Hitters and Sitters" thread in the Excelsior section of the forums.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EnnVee said:

Here is my twisted little farmer girl - Sanitarium !
image.png.935ab9691d024200ce0702cd98578ae5.png

Is she on Excelsior? If not can she or another farmer move there? EVERY captain that participates will get a 3d printed bust of their character. You don't have to win the event or anything to get that prize.

• 9 months later

Hey guys, 

I'm getting ready to launch my webcomic, which includes some of my coh characters. Kind of brainstorming elements for banners and whatnot. Here's an icon of my first OC battlewraith who eventually makes an appearance, so I thought I'd post it here:

df8f9k6-e09dad59-a38c-4e24-9c2f-749cf58a

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trike said:

Intriguing combination of elements: Devil horns, angel halo, and a miner’s hat. Sounds like a fascinating backstory in the works.

Thanks for looking! She's actually inspired by a Tom Waits song called Such a Scream.

• 5 weeks later

I've got an invite to the Midjourney beta a while back. It's one of the AI art programs that creates imagery based on a prompt you give it. I thought I'd see if it could do something inline with my OC. I gave it the prompt "beautiful blond devil girl holding a flaming skull." I shouldn't have said "girl" because it actually took that literally. Also for some reason instead of "holding a flaming skull" it added skull features to her face. Despite the distortions, it kicked out some interesting imagery:

battlewraith_version_1a_by_battlewraith_

battlewraith_version_2_by_battlewraith_d

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
  • 1 year later
  • 3 weeks later
2 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Here's another experiment with mixed media. Again with water soluble graphite, white charcoal, and ink. I'm wondering if rapid rise in AI will make people more or less interested in hand-crafted art. 

CW progress4b_small2.jpg

I will take your Hand-Crafted art over AI stuff ANY DAY OF THE WEEK !!!

❤️

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

I look at it similar to the shift when photography became a thing and artists revolted against it.  Artists shifted and new styles became prominent, and then the landscape settled again with photography being another tool in the artists' kit.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

23 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

I look at it similar to the shift when photography became a thing and artists revolted against it.  Artists shifted and new styles became prominent, and then the landscape settled again with photography being another tool in the artists' kit.

I've been playing with Midjourney for about a year. It's ridiculous how much more advanced it's gotten in a year. They now have a function for consistent characters that works pretty well. I don't know where things will lead with the technology, but it would not be implausible to think that within 5 years ALL digital art production involves AI and that some things like traditional polygonal modeling and rendering become niche if not outright obsolete.

I think what's difficult for people to get at this stage is that this technology produces great results very quickly and very cheaply (in terms of skill required). We're still in a stage were it makes noticeable mistakes, but that should go away relatively soon. So you will have a technology that can produce professional quality results at lightning speed. Any user will be able to produce more content in a month than a conventional artist would be able to in a year. There's speculation in AI circles that when things reach this state there will be a general shift away from digital work being perceived as art. "Artists" will be people making things by hand.