War Witch Change

2 minutes ago, reconfigureyourface said:

Can we PLEASE either make the interval between her drinks further apart or just change her animation and sound from drinking completely? JESUS.... 😛 

It's ok... it's ethereal...

8 minutes ago, reconfigureyourface said:

Uhhh if I am using her to train, kinda can't

She's not the only Trainer on the server ...?

There are like ... others ... who don't slurp their drinks ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Just now, Redlynne said:

She's not the only Trainer on the server ...?

There are like ... others ... who don't slurp their drinks ...

Or maybe I spend a lot of time in Pocket D so it is convenient? Maybe I don't give a damn what you have to say at this point? If you don't like it, piss off man. There are options on forums other than coming in and starting arguments.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, reconfigureyourface said:

[...]

... I was on your side, up until this post.  There was no need to get nasty; you could have stopped at saying, perhaps, "I spend a lot of time in Pocket D, and she's the trainer there.  I shouldn't have to go through two or mroe completely extra loading screens just to train up a level or two, in order to avoid that obnoxious sound effect."

• Like 3

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom & Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Just now, PaxArcana said:

... I was on your side, up until this post.  There was no need to get nasty; you could have stopped at saying, perhaps, "I spend a lot of time in Pocket D, and she's the trainer there.  I shouldn't have to go through two or mroe completely extra loading screens just to train up a level or two, in order to avoid that obnoxious sound effect."

See his 3rd reply? Get real man, He has come in to troll and I knew it. 

• Like 1

Yes, I see it.  And I've reported it as trolling.

Speaking from past experience, you're just giving them what they want: an angry reaction.  Don't feed the trolls, and they get bored.  (Report their posts, and they get to play with someone who can actually penalize them for their behavior, instead of with you.)

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom & Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

12 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Yes, I see it.  And I've reported it as trolling.

Speaking from past experience, you're just giving them what they want: an angry reaction.  Don't feed the trolls, and they get bored.  (Report their posts, and they get to play with someone who can actually penalize them for their behavior, instead of with you.)

You're right. I guess these few mixed drinks I had let me fall to the troll trap. My apologies.

BACK ON TOPIC: 

My personal super power IRL is drinking coffee and even I don't drink as often as her.

Edited by reconfigureyourface
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, reconfigureyourface said:

You're right. I guess these few mixed drinks I had let me fall to the troll trap. My apologies.

BACK ON TOPIC: 

My personal super power IRL is drinking coffee and even I don't drink as often as her.

Also my Super Power 😄 Personally I am with the person above. Give them a circuit to walk or at least an additional animation or two!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indystruck said:

As someone who's always with a cup in hand when I go to bars, I enjoy being appropriately represented by War Witch.

As someone who is always making drinking sounds while holding their cup in front of them unmoving I enjoy being appropriately represented by War Witch.

36 minutes ago, Indystruck said:

As someone who's always with a cup in hand when I go to bars, I enjoy being appropriately represented by War Witch.

Yes ... but do you constantly and loudly SLURP that drink, or consume it reasonably quietly?  🙂

• Like 2

Hmm, never noticed this before.  Next time I log in,   I'm going to have to check out exactly how slurpily loud this NPC is.  :)

Edit:  Yep, a slurp every 9 seconds.   She needs to be renamed to Super Bladder Woman - she can really chug it down.

To be honest, it's not that annoying to me, and if it's taking you that long to train .....

Edited by krj12
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, krj12 said:

and if it's taking you that long to train .....

... you have a mute button on your volume, don't you?

Or failing that, you can turn your volume down while training, right?

I mean, how hard is it to turn a knob on a dial?

This entire topic, courtesy of the OP, reeks of selfish entitlement.

It's the equivalent of the tech support complaint that goes like this ...

I fell in the river and got wet!  Fix it so I don't get wet whenever I fall in!

Multiple "solutions" to the problem have already been offered, and each was rejected in turn ... because ... "fix the world, not me" ...?

Um ...

IifneyR.gif

13 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

... you have a mute button on your volume, don't you?

Or failing that, you can turn your volume down while training, right?

I mean, how hard is it to turn a knob on a dial?

This entire topic, courtesy of the OP, reeks of selfish entitlement.

It's the equivalent of the tech support complaint that goes like this ...

Multiple "solutions" to the problem have already been offered, and each was rejected in turn ... because ... "fix the world, not me" ...?

Um ...

Yes, the nerve of people posting an idea for some kind of a change, what’s the word, oh yes, a suggestion.  There should people a special place for those kind of people...some kind of suggestions/feedback forum.  Then we could just ruthlessly mock anyone who had the temerity to suggest a change.

/sarcasm.  Seriously Redlynne, this isn’t really like you.  The suggestion made would have have no negative effect on anyone.  The poster certainly doesn’t seem very demanding about it (it’s not a Dev’s must do this NOW kinda of post).  Why throw shade?

• Like 4

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Who the hell listens to in game sound effects? Im listening to my own chill music and an audio book while playing. If you have issue with in game sound effects we do have the option to turn down sound effects in game. Its not like this is a modern game with audio instructions and the sound effects of powers will drive one mad if you listen to them for too long. I mean we all know that is what filled the rooms of Arkham Asylum.

While it would be nice to have NPCs be a bit more alive in their behavior, trainers and tf contacts especially need to stay static for ease of access. If anything we need more varied drink animations with different types of glasses, shot glasses, wine glasses, whisky bottles etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reconfigureyourface said:

Or maybe I spend a lot of time in Pocket D so it is convenient? Maybe I don't give a damn what you have to say at this point? If you don't like it, piss off man. There are options on forums other than coming in and starting arguments.

Thanks!

Sorry but a forum isnt an echo chamber, and while you might not like it their reply wasnt really trolling, just pointing out the obvious. Personally I wouldnt want a sec of dev time waste on this either. Its just such a non issue in my eyes. There are battles to be fought that matter far more then people drinking like toddlers just having moved  beyond the sippy cup stage.

1 hour ago, justicebeliever said:

Seriously Redlynne, this isn’t really like you.

Why throw shade?

Because War Witch ... spacer.png

... is War Witch ... spacer.png

... and the (nigh constant) slurping of her drink is something that the original dev team at Paragon Studios put in as an inside joke/dig at the developer due to her ... shall we say ... "drinking habits" ... in the office.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif