Proc Monsters - Tanker Edition

Sir Myshkin

No. Two Nucleous in Irradiated Ground made for much worse times. Apparently IG procs accounts for a pretty large chunk of damage. I'm going to even remove the Avalanche I had slotted for mitigation for an Obliteration.

With another damage proc in Irradiated Ground and some shuffling I got down to 3:30 minutes. Pretty decent, close to my Rad/Bio brute. Still not under two minutes as the TW monsters have achieved though.

What is still amazing to me is how the tank is softcapped at level 24. All the times people make a tank to tank and are weak and squishy until much much later on, and this build is barely into SO levels and boom, lets do dis. Coupled with decent AoE and decent ST, and very light on endurance (with the current slotting). I don't think my endurance ever went lower than 70%.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.4
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(9)
Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), TchofDth-Dam%(11), PrfZng-Dam%(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-Def(21)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 14: Dodge -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(25), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), TchofDth-Dam%(27), PrfZng-Dam%(27)
Level 18: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Lucky -- Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Aid Other -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), Obl-%Dam(39)
Level 30: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), IntRdx-I(36), IntRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Quickness -- Flight-I(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 44: Devastating Blow -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(46), PrfZng-Dam%(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(19)
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Caulderone said:

I noticed you had the Tier 2 power and not the Tier 1 Contaminated Strike.  Now that they have unswapped the T1 and T2, how much does that change things?

@Sir MyshkinDoes the -Res have any impact?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

What is still amazing to me is how the tank is softcapped at level 24. All the times people make a tank to tank and are weak and squishy until much much later on, and this build is barely into SO levels and boom, lets do dis.

SR is balls-out insane on tankers. It is the best goddamn thing.

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

Your 3 minute times with the PTS tanker energy melee are still better than my PTS rad tanker. I only got four minutes as I posted on the Pylon thread. It seems to me like Irradiated Ground would be better served with some accuracy slotted in instead of 6 procs

Well, honestly, Energy Melee (w/ Procs) isn't nearly as broken as everyone thinks it is, that aside you really want to compare Apples to Apples in this case (Rad to Rad). I only did two runs with SD/RM which isn't a fair enough value to give an average, especially when one of those was using Hybrid. The run that matters--in this case--was 3:40, which isn't far from what you experienced, and there can be some variance when part of the output is reliant on getting -Res procs consistent.

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

With another damage proc in Irradiated Ground and some shuffling I got down to 3:30 minutes. Pretty decent, close to my Rad/Bio brute. Still not under two minutes as the TW monsters have achieved though.

I couldn't tell you what is actually in the values for the pseudo-pet that Irradiated casts, but I've gone so far as to only slot 1 End Redux, both -Res procs, and three damage procs and never really seen a negative impact from misses. In many of the Tank tests I've put together, those builds have compensation for accuracy with either Tactics or Kismet on top of a couple of bonuses to get the builds to handle +3/4 anyway.

I wouldn't stress trying to compare to Titan Weapons though, that set is kind of a monstrous outlier that really can't be measured against.

16 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Sir MyshkinDoes the -Res have any impact?

If you're referring to Bruising, that's been removed from the test server and  replaced with a damage modification buff (among other things) for Tanks as a trial.

Tank Testing Update #3

What's on the docket tonight folks:

• Energy Melee
  • Super Strength
  • Rage,
    • Rage against the dying of the light.
    • Do not go gentle into that good night,
      • Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
  • Ice, Willpower, Bio Armor
  • Stone Melee
    • Leviathan and Soul Mastery Epics
  • Gloom

Had a bit of down time recently from illness that took a bit to really recover from, and still finding myself dealing with what's apparently going to be an ongoing issue for the foreseeable get-off-my-lawn future. Given that, I apologize for any unintended delay in really pushing these experiments forward. It's been nearly ten days since my last confessional er, real test update. So lets have a little break down on the things that have happened recently for those not paying full attention to the Test/Beta/Pineapple.

Tanks got an overhaul that's looking to be a pretty dramatic thing. Talking raised damage cap, increased modifiers for their Secondary (attack) sets, buffs to support abilities like Maneuvers, Tactics, Assault, and debuff triggers like Melt Armor getting increased collectively. Really taking that next step in bending the "support" side of being a Team Tank. There's also a big shift in Rage, how it functions, and what it means to "crash" with that power. The current attempt from the Dev involved is to create more balance and drive Tanks to be more variant opposition to Brutes as there's very-clearly a heavy divide between how many Brutes exist on Homecoming, versus Tanks (significantly fewer Tanks). Not that Tanks are bad, but there's a lot to be said about how Brutes can manage aggro, and dish out some serious hits while having the same survival range as a Tank, and Tanks can't really compete with that right now.

With that being said, all of the preliminary testing being done in this thread is subjective to the fact that (from a Damage perspective), any of it could change at a moments notice.

Energy Melee

Man this set has some bad blood in the canals of history, but I dropped a video over on the Feedback thread for this last night, and I'll link it here as well, showing some pretty obnoxious things that I was able to do with our current Energy Melee, and it has a lot to do with how vicious Procs are changing Tanks, on top of the damage increase they're receiving. From a survival standpoint, NrgM does pretty well from a damage aspect, but it really lacks significant soft-control options in its current state. Nearly every ability tosses around a low-mag Disorient that's, well, pretty darn useless. Even Whirling Hands doesn't get any real action, so the set is forced to consider alternative choices to get that soft-control ramp-up. Overwhelming Force KD proc is one option, for sure, and also looking into Epics for solutions, but regrettably there's not a lot we can safely rely on that's not going to face a gimp usage, or significant power and slot selection to get to.

Currently the only real "hole" I've run into, and not just with NrgM, but with Tankers in general are that, in this scenario where I'm bending procs and not sets/bonuses, getting chains down is difficult, and in some cases there really needs to be an extending tool, range attack, or just something beefier than what's available. Thankfully Gloom is a pretty nice filler, one-off pick from Soul Mastery that easily adds "Umphf" to a build, fills a gap, and adds value. I kind of caught myself wanting to add it repeatedly to a lot of builds because of how simple, proc-capable, and high-damage it was.

What it boiled down to is that Energy Melee is currently the strongest tested set on my ticket right now at 2:56 to bury a Pylon. I ran two additional tests for balance at 3:26 and 3:20, with one Hybrid-On test that came in at 2:25. For comparison, Titan Weapons tend to fluctuate in that sub 2:00 category, and Energy Melee just knocked on its door. The biggest component here is Energy Transfer. It has a relatively decent animation time (just under 3/s Arcana), and with Procs, does nearly 1,000 points of damage, potentially more for a Tank buffed further than I stood solo. Bone Smasher also hits pretty hard too (not quite 1,000 of course, but good). What some of these sets lack is a strong ability to pack in -Res effects to leverage Procs more effectively. When I tested NrgM, it was with Bio Armor and went in with 41% global +Dam, a damage aura in Genetic Contamination (also sporting Fury -Res), and whatever -Res I could get from Evolving Armor.

For perspective, when I ran SD/RM, Irradiated Ground carried both Heel and Fury -Res, plus a repeated Heel in Radioactive Smash to keep it up more consistently. That build carried 56% global +Dam, and despite all that still clocked in a 3:40 and 3:20 (Hybrid)

Bio Armor/Energy Melee/Soul Pylon Run:

Ice, Bio, Willpower

Shield Defense with Assault (and some meandering bonuses) got me to 56%, Bio Armor dragged in 41%, Willpower (tested tonight) scrapped by with 18.5%, there's a lot of potential variance, especially with the test changes that make having those inherent +Damage global bonuses much stronger right now. Tanks that can leverage the Primary that builds higher values are going to see a lot more force return in combat now, so sets that lack those features like WP or Ice, might seem sluggish by contrast. I only managed to build up 18.5% global on WP because of Hybrid's passive +10, and the modified 18.5% from Assault on Tankers on Pineapple. Tanks that can't get access to a stable form of -Res are also going to "struggle" (for lack of a better term, it's not like we're saying they're dramatically worse, but a realm of DPS potential varying from >250 versus <350). Right now Bio Armor is kind of the only "full package" solution, and as such I think there's going to be a relatively medium-ish window of variance on how any given combo performs based on what additional metrics its bringing to the table (like +Dam).

Stone Melee, Ice Armor, and Epics

So @Rylas offered, as mentioned previously, to head the legwork on a build or two, so I tossed Ice Armor options over, both testing Stone Melee in two slightly different configurations with two different epics attached: Leviathan and Soul Mastery. Looking over the logs, speeding through a video or two, and talking back and forth about experiences with the set come with some weight on value. Leviathan, with Arctic Breath offering up significant -Res potential (inherent and proc stacks), the investment to get into that ability is one of two attacks, and School of Sharks looked more promising. From a data standpoint, the power executes as it should, but its damage is DoT behind the burst of Proc damage which makes it a very slow-burn attack at that level. From a reasonable-use consideration, Rylas' viewpoint was less favorable towards the ability, which makes that power leap-frog to get Arctic Breath more questionable.

A big thing that drove me past a lot of the Epics/Patrons available to Tanks is that most of them sport a couple of mediocre control abilities either in soft sleep, maybe a one-off hold here or there, and an Immobilize for most cases. Many of them are serving a purpose of adding control-utility to Tanks to help with crowd control/management, which leaves most of them somewhat lacking for helping shore-up damage needs for sets that lack either a third or fourth decent ST attack, or some form of additional AoE in the form of a cone/pbaoe/taoe. When they lack in damage, we fix with procs, but the stumbling point is that we have a lot that don't proc-up well (or at all).

Right now Leviathan, Soul, Pyre, and Energy Mastery are the best go-to's, but Leviathan is contingent on the probability of sacrificing a power pick to get to Arctic Breath that may not be one you really want to go for. Soul has a great ST in Gloom, and Dark Obliteration is a 1/s, heavy hitting target based AoE that can serve as a pinch-add-in AoE to any build with the slots to support it, and its Proc load. Pyre has Char, and all of the holds in the Epics tend to be very high-burst, fast animating attacks, but the Tanker variants have considerable recharge lengths to keep them from being over-abused. Melt Armor is also in Pyre, and with the buffs to support aspects (Debuffs in this case) of -Res abilities, Melt just became probably the best direct choice over Arctic Breath because it has a higher value (on Test) with a duration considerably longer. My inclusion of Energy into the list is purely for Conserve being a solid all-around end fix for some builds, and Laser Beam Eyes can actually function as a decent ST attack that also grants access to Achilles -Res.

Rylas also took the effort to bash in a couple of Pylons and reported back the times they recorded. For Ice/Stone/Leviathan, 5:30-ish. Makes me feel like Arctic Breath isn't doing enough lifting. Survival wise, all thumbs up and really just face an Accuracy concern that I'll need to better address in a few builds, and a concern which the buffed version of Tanker Tactics on test is going to have much more value towards fixing accuracy offsets. I might consider visiting Stone Melee with a different Primary to see if it gives back better/different performance with a bit of +Dam. We know the set has a lot of good Proc consistency/probability because several of its key powers are featured in the Controller epics that were already tested.

Gloom

I want to say that, for three proc slots and three slots of power-improving enhancements, Gloom might be the 'Hero' of the epics in providing a power that both hits hard, hits fast, and recharges quickly. It fills a lot of attack chains up that are missing that "one last key ability" in their chains while avoiding pesky T1's again. I had to stop myself from wanting to blindly add this ability to everything because of how well it "fixed" builds needing a touch more.

SS and Rage

Rage got its crash altered so that it's not quite as severe, only applies when double-stacked, and has a relatively significant damage boost under just one application with a bonus of +ToHit blended in. I will say that Super Strength definitely didn't quite feel "Super" by comparison with just one stack involved, and when I tossed the second one on (in a build that had the recharge to actually support a double-stacked Rage) to see what'd happen, I found an interesting surprise.

Procs currently don't care about Rage's -99999^ damage reductions that lasts for 10/s. So while Rage may crash, you can keep barreling through your target without a whole ton of concern. The procs themselves are static and separate from AT modifiers. I must admit, I wasn't expecting this case, but the fact that I can still bash KO Blow and get a few hundred in proc damage still with that kind of debuff, that works out really well.

If you watch the video for it, and really look at the status window I keep pulled up, there's a significant note in the recharge levels I ran at. I put FF+Rech in both Haymaker and KO Blow and stacked so many proc activations so quickly and often enough that I spent a lot of time at +100% (in this case 251% total) which let me keep KO Blow on a ~5/s cooldown versus 8/s.

In the end, even with double-stacked Rage, I walked away from a Pylon at 4:20 (I know, I know) which is kinda comparable to what Stone delivered so far (a little better, but still sitting in that 4:00-5:00 threshold that I expected most Tank builds to end up in). Something I find interesting here, one Rage put me at 98%, double stacked into the late 190's for +Damage, and even with that insane buff, and leveraging Laser Beam Eyes to get -Res stacks going, I still struggled to break the 4:00 barrier (even with Hybrid toggled on for a run). Rage aside, Super Strength is (IMO) definitely a bit under classed in its performance. Not by a lot, but just enough that it kind of lacks some of that punch it really needs to feel "Super" versus just being a boxing set.

Willpower/Super Strength Survival and Pylon Test:

Edit: Adding the WP/SS build for reference, I'd forgotten to include it as I usually do. As far as a chain for this build, I ran KO Blow > Hay > LBE > Punch > Hay. Once it started rolling the chain somehow starts stacking enough trigger of FF+Rech that it can sit for a ridiculously long time at 251% Rech so long as it keeps cycling the chain (or, at the minimum, just using Haymaker/KOB/Footstomp).

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Willpower
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 1: Jab -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(34), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 2: Mind Over Body -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), HO:Ribo(7)
Level 4: Fast Healing -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Prv-Absorb%(5)
Level 6: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Ksm-ToHit+(23)
Level 8: Rise to the Challenge -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal(31)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(15), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), HO:Ribo(21)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 18: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(23), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(29)
Level 20: Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), GldStr-%Dam(42)
Level 22: Haymaker -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42), Mk'Bit-Dam%(43), GldStr-%Dam(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 24: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(25), PrfZng-Taunt(36), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(36)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 28: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 30: Knockout Blow -- Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33), Hct-Dam%(33), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 32: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), Obl-%Dam(39), Arm-Dam%(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Laser Beam Eyes -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(5)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1444;692;1384;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B6F125114C7EFC0608542698B6D690B14680B2D500A6D973E16B61A6D4|
		|99A607449487B4B49914E00A38D2B177E01376E4C8C3B577E073F805BA371EB3BE9|
		|C3C7C685C1C3FCFF56939900BF9973CEFF3CEE9D4BE9DEAAFFC5D5079794E1BFDCA|
		|8B6DB951BD5E69E6E794AD55A7D4BF5AE3EF98661ADACEA1DDD6CEBFCAD7AA361ED|
		|DFD5AD493A4ABAA175BE7CC792FB72A7A59BB5CEAE0A6CEEEF37F257EAB5DD4EBD5|
		|9F3D94F654BEBEDA07DBBA1ABDBBAD5DEAD5BFEBFCF96C485D6ACFA567EADA95BB5|
		|834AA9DAEEE8D641587A48C9F7BD577E8C5E575DB71A939BA8A9CEFE742B5514FE0|
		|28B4B60CEA77849EC3BD8126FC9D7E0F41BF083E43598D748CA4DDA54AE18782641|
		|5E14B7E9561F25D68D58C37D1D3EF310793E89CF039FCB3362D836DF3A7CA3BF95D|
		|DEF6789E9B38B75CDBE087CBE28E88F8191293016070DD9042F6651DEAE5CEA8B3C|
		|F6B38BFE472EA81F836E890E709AC00ABA182890CBE0394E634A6C10B19E203B1E1|
		|C207DE0703F19A436007E951E86A81DA276949A30734C503B414D84391664774298|
		|C813DA1114BD6AA6461EC81C2153CD5494BDBAE93D656BE6E7B01A79D18EB0EEC83|
		|634F355929A0C35196A320FB1368BA21DE35B31D6862D6C81D34DB20526656DC6B9|
		|C6E359E48F914B9267D270D9BE49DA7264517C51CE16CDB8A04B83F1DB983FCE7EE|
		|25930718DB5A5E614777A2A81199ECA0849DA9259D856A4C62C6BCC9E47EED413D3|
		|F6A514664E5D40CEF47D68D2ACF94CDC73D4CE3D872657806FA148E69063E115D7E|
		|D25F66448FACB72EDB3473C69C7E0E209F98D27F13BF9031C166D1E5A954F60AD46|
		|C556A0ADC07728629E9E5CF9F4DEF679F3F4DC77330E6FC161293A2CCB0ECB8AC3B|
		|2E1B06C9A2C2B16C3B67807556F75ED4E0E7DA7FF1AF41EFFB318460253BB6E62AA|
		|2347F4C9FFD13CC326CFF0BA1C8E22EBFC013D49DF07|

And then Ice Armor/Stone Melee/Leviathan:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Ice Armor
Secondary Power Set: Stone Melee
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-EndRdx(5), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(7), PrfZng-Dam%(9), TchofDth-Dam%(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), GldStr-%Dam(11)
Level 2: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 12: Icicles -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), HO:Ribo(25)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 18: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 22: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 24: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 26: Energy Absorption -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(27), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(29)
Level 28: Hurl Boulder -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(50), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 30: Permafrost -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 32: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Tremor -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), Hct-Dam%(40), UnbCns-Dam%(40)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), JvlVll-Dam%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), TraoftheH-Dam%(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 44: Arctic Breath -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Summon Guardian -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(23)
------------

|MxDz;1462;716;1432;HEX;|
		|78DA65544B4C1351147DD379A5B4B4B4503E455AE8075AFAA1B66ADC295151426C1|
		|3128C316EEA049ED0002DE954A34B172E4D0C2E58685CEBC68D89B275E9073F1B13|
		|35AE5D2944562E0CDE9973459399B43D6FCEFD9D7BEF4CAB37A6FD4F666E4D09CD7|
		|F66D530CDDA05A3B1A25AEEAAB1545F10D6E5A16F046C6D5A5D550D5315671754ED|
		|546BADD9FA6BA8AA55A58AF3ED6643E12C0273CDE66AF15C7D69B95D6F2CF9ECBBF|
		|975A51683F6B1A28C45D53297EBEB7E766C37946946CFAED7178AA75BD7DAAA5651|
		|D7EB467BD968D4AA86D956AD9B115292A1EF4B2FFD6896B67DB7E8A743590A978FB|
		|11B28838C5DC08E0030E5137C51EC2241D92B3AAE003B4D97EDD359B30A49E15B11|
		|F6BD6F42B7F115D5D550576A5170DD71606814381603664680AF2946478CD013C8F|
		|7863837736EE6340F266D719E7DBAC43829F5B2522F2B8D6F48DB3BCE0A13AC30C1|
		|0A13B7D1C15B0AEC4205BDEB0B6CFECF8C1F59F927A04E6503F0750506E910A36E8|
		|EC0163949B4D485249F20771EE48947429AAD297A1EBE237B8CBF859DE31D69E8E1|
		|2DF5704C2F6FA797B7D5C7DBE9E36D0DF09692542F8C582D9C47EF238C199A4B3FE|
		|6A2F533177F8CBED3641BE4290EF236DF938E214DDAB318621D87428CF75CE8E10E|
		|304BF1C38897C325E61E61E6D932F2950BE8B3CCB3DEA6FC31DE66EC176C1F881B6|
		|51DA379EC2847B993BCCFE443E44C3D6014884B9D40CEB1297E9AB8469E62C73976|
		|3C075DE9BB884DAFA197343F03993C6232B3C04B444F70ECC473CC2B97846FEE1BE|
		|316344EDE47AEC9A7F0FBEA1722CFB1F967A857388EFA05CE51D8C2BE27B7793E2F|
		|08C3525C267311B17A710FB6C3BB8C3B8C3F8129DA7789E755E237222A0FDE54FA5|
		|86F44561EBCF7FB3987B5E460CA0EE6A88339E6602A0E664E725962349BF18684B5|
		|315BC977DFC1BF025B77FE319A96C094B21731D91F0EEFDDFFBD37308F814D60254|
		|CC01D6F5A67AEF9071BF5E68F|

And Ice Armor/Stone Melee/Soul:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Ice Armor
Secondary Power Set: Stone Melee
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-EndRdx(5), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Stone Fist -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(7), PrfZng-Dam%(9), TchofDth-Dam%(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), GldStr-%Dam(11)
Level 2: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(17), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Heavy Mallet -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dam%(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 12: Icicles -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), HO:Ribo(50)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-ResDam%(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 18: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 22: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 24: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 26: Energy Absorption -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(27), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(29)
Level 28: Fault -- Acc-I(A), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 30: Permafrost -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 32: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Tremor -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), Hct-Dam%(40), UnbCns-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(43), Acc-I(43), CldSns-%Dam(43), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), CldSns-%Dam(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), JvlVll-Dam%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Summon Widow -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(23)
------------

|MxDz;1461;707;1414;HEX;|
		|78DA65544B6F125114BE9719DA42A1D027F441CBA3BC1F821A77DAA855D30849931|
		|AB748E0B625A5D03034D165172E4D4C5D7463DCBB71AB7FC1B76E7CFE00DD681BBB|
		|7261F0CC7C476CC204F8EE7C73BE7BBE73CE5C4AB7975D4FAEED2D09E9BADCA8184|
		|6F946A5B9A5DAF65265A35E15E635485F3FD8F2B25A574D43E556AAAA7CB1BDDD6A|
		|FF7B50520DA5726B9D5653612DDCABAD562377B5BEB1D9A937379CD6DDDA8E52358|
		|FB52CAA4A4DB58DCDFA8E8B033B4D6518BE2B3BF56AEE527BB7A3CA6BADDD46B954|
		|313AAA7DC74F26E2F47DEEA01F69DAEADAC5242D0ABAB039194780BA87711838E00|
		|6469C822FD2D6080A0E31700B3864D8AC98A1B2994817CE2D61DD3B139A852F28AF|
		|445E5DCE811B0902BD0BC0C500303E0F7C491A0DF98416429E57C4D9B18FB087904|
		|30EA2C92637D8A54B44C9A9839D3AD869705FB7A283EC30C40E43EC30741715BC21|
		|E1306B87BFE299EB0BE30776FE19E8FF082C7C026A64C30D7736B78F1601AAEE34C|
		|75C205AD7844E311EEE848727E0F74ACBE3DC75C4CE1F33FE11D61E6FC9D3284F6D|
		|9435633CAD319EDE044F6B82A737C5530B53BE7168E5781ABD98678C539F2651AB9|
		|C642EF8187D88D1331F77D5C7D37D473EA6A56E72DA34FB98F1323EB0A1867BC004|
		|E967A1B7CDCE60EFE41EEA4C72AF5FD37E019E66E0376A7E4FDC02E75D48634629D|
		|A2BCC33093FC21C230F19057491F3D8737189DF26CE91266D94B5D114BCC5EE431B|
		|DB86F718BF03F13434F1156095E8046B137970A90C23D794FA6EB36694CD608F6C0|
		|1CF15DDA6599B3E87BC99A7D06458937986FAB2617E47BE01D70972D06AB963EC77|
		|EA90F117E3113042F3CD73BFF27C22E6F4DE49A58F7922927AEFDC77537D4FF37D4|
		|CA18F39D3C79CED638A7DCCAACE69899116E3F0F64E75F787B3F7AF206416DE0FFF|
		|735286D08FE44DCCE9E7C9F804E28F4EC6EFA3275307C0E23801577D60AE39EF5F5|
		|D67DC48|

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

In the end, even with double-stacked Rage, I walked away from a Pylon at 4:20 (I know, I know) which is kinda comparable to what Stone delivered so far (a little better, but still sitting in that 4:00-5:00 threshold that I expected most Tank builds to end up in).

I just did a couple pylon kills on my Bio/SS tanker that I was doing testing with before and wound up with times of 3:43 and 3:37 without hybrid and 2:58 with. I think the nature of SS being heavily invested in +dmg lessens the value of damage procs for it, even with procs ignoring the crash. Buff procs like FF +recharge are still amazing though. If I have time later I might make a WP/SS with a similar build to get an idea how much of that time is due to Bio.

This is great and the results are very encouraging.

Regarding melee attacks and long animation times. It can be frustrating wasting activations. When teaming, long activation times can often equal targets running out of HP before the attack hits. On single target focused sets like Energy Melee, the effect may be amplified.

IMO - Energy Transfer was an awesome heavy hitter pre-nerf because wasted activations were more rare (I think it was a ridiculous 0.9). Post-nerf, it still hits hard but it's actual effectiveness compared with other sets might be a bit mediocre.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, Cawshun said:

I just did a couple pylon kills on my Bio/SS tanker that I was doing testing with before and wound up with times of 3:43 and 3:37 without hybrid and 2:58 with. I think the nature of SS being heavily invested in +dmg lessens the value of damage procs for it, even with procs ignoring the crash. Buff procs like FF +recharge are still amazing though. If I have time later I might make a WP/SS with a similar build to get an idea how much of that time is due to Bio.

Honestly that sounds about right. When I toggled Hybrid on, that shift pushed me below 4:00, and by comparison of Bio Armor adding a similar inherent +Dam value. Were you leveraging any other -Res besides what Evolving Armor provides? I'd suspect that if I stacked Bio on to the SS half of the WP/SS I tested, including LBE with the additional -Res, that'd push even further. Also, single-stack or double-stack on Rage? Given the time, I'm assuming double.

The contrast still exists though that you took Bio/SS (something I was considering testing tonight) and got a time frame that I did with Bio/NrgM. without the push of Rage. That just... doesn't add up in my head from a +Dam perspective.

14 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Honestly that sounds about right. When I toggled Hybrid on, that shift pushed me below 4:00, and by comparison of Bio Armor adding a similar inherent +Dam value. Were you leveraging any other -Res besides what Evolving Armor provides? I'd suspect that if I stacked Bio on to the SS half of the WP/SS I tested, including LBE with the additional -Res, that'd push even further. Also, single-stack or double-stack on Rage? Given the time, I'm assuming double.

The contrast still exists though that you took Bio/SS (something I was considering testing tonight) and got a time frame that I did with Bio/NrgM. without the push of Rage. That just... doesn't add up in my head from a +Dam perspective.

I had fury of the gladiator in genetic contamination for a little bit of extra -res and yeah, double rage.. I'll include the build. I'm sure it can be improved, and you might be able to use procs in something like Genetic Contamination that has a low base damage to improve its performance a bit. I did try a variant with LBE for the achilles and got 3:32 in the one attempt I did with no hybrid, but the build loses AoE potential for that, which I'm not a fan of.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3

Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Bio Armor

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 1: Jab -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), Rct-ResDam%(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Adaptation 
Level 8: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(43), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Haymaker -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19)
Level 14: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(25), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Rchg(21), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(43)
Level 28: Rage -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 30: Taunt -- Range-I(A)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 35: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 6: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 6: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 6: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

|MxDz;1585;736;1472;HEX;|
		|78DA65945B4F135110C7CFB25BA1A5406B818288F402425BBAED72D14722222442B|
		|55AE39B69D672282BB56DB6DB441F4DBCBE794BF802DE78F1E3186F1FC01B6A0404|
		|BC649DEE8CB0C96EB2FB9BF33F73E6CCCCC99ECCB519EFCBB91B534CF09E2CA9B55|
		|AFE825A5EE17A4BA66EA8865629B3C6D30C6F0827F2337C89976B5C9ED62AF9B37A|
		|512D6B85FC09FD6A45EF23870C2F712EE7EA55B07386CECB456399B5652B95923CA|
		|B15970DAD5CF458A35C95F345AF652E70B50A7AC7FFC122D76BCB5A3578AAAA15E4|
		|69BD6EF07CAE522FE5336ACDE0FAF51EC84781F747143E42234353649B2288123BB|
		|0856CD9216E23473D8C1E5362F7254B6B7A407C88941E111F233720BE80F1052144|
		|F1C3C84D9813696FB14BB0B4F64EA46F037D7C3E1C6F81AF0B7DCD5DB09B695DF31|
		|7F43BF81919CFA07FF20C52869CDD98B3CBBDC42CCD5324DE6AB2E8D570ECBD826C|
		|5F41FE827D5A058F957BEB18ED1384B8FD1213E040DB30AED896054424D6730E193|
		|E8F1CCC2145F0EDA07C3BA8C721EA71987A1CDE45FE863DFDB8A7E8A7DAA2545B94|
		|6A8B526D0AB805A8B6C030D6D239428C21BBE3C40472906A9620A72ECAA98B7ADF7|
		|31AF739344B9C4746C0374867184C347AE3660AF10FE4DB8B73AEDE9B78E6A129AA|
		|F1368E07EF2087EF22E3F79063907F9FD064ADED7B82791D7E4A7C863CF29CF882B|
		|8864CC1DA7EAC9DF5C7F1BCFE422E03CCEA9D6BE003E690FC884C7D22522F15EAAD|
		|B28EEC861A2358078B503F2620D410F577E815FA1D7D477C4D7C831C7E4BA4FE166|
		|03842FFCA4812B5984C4C11D3C8B882E4B026416B12E3A88D4E102789C790C9E348|
		|3FE42DD3D9C894776A128692C8A23097A61EA5DF535FA5BD7FB8F12B99268B497B3|
		|7801977CCA61D8AE250C61DCA84435970285989B60545B014B70FEE0354CC75CFDE|
		|BD41B3DFECCA45ACF4ABC3EBBB5D59C59AB71B7707C5FD69B3776C774AD6636566D|
		|9976CB66AB32FDBECB92084A6B5F3817DBB18DBB7576DFA5A64DFFE0734D412E9|

5 hours ago, Cawshun said:

I had fury of the gladiator in genetic contamination for a little bit of extra -res and yeah, double rage.. I'll include the build. I'm sure it can be improved, and you might be able to use procs in something like Genetic Contamination that has a low base damage to improve its performance a bit. I did try a variant with LBE for the achilles and got 3:32 in the one attempt I did with no hybrid, but the build loses AoE potential for that, which I'm not a fan of.

Looking over your build there's not really anything inherently wrong with it, but from a performance stand point, the Proc-loaded versions get to put out "more" damage. Were you using Jab as a primary attack? I suppose I should check more specifically on whether you did your test as a build on the Living Server, or was it done on Pineapple? I didn't catch that part. I assumed Pineapple, but if wasn't, you would've been working with Bruising still, which also skews the metric somewhat. Jab though, that's a pretty under powered attack; everything you would've gained from Gloom is just offset in how bad Jab is.

I feel like if I build a Proc version of a Bio/SS to test, I'd just be trying to formulate a build that's struggling just to compete with Energy Melee for no reason. SS really bothers me in how it looks so much better than it unreasonably ends up performing.

26 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Looking over your build there's not really anything inherently wrong with it, but from a performance stand point, the Proc-loaded versions get to put out "more" damage. Were you using Jab as a primary attack? I suppose I should check more specifically on whether you did your test as a build on the Living Server, or was it done on Pineapple? I didn't catch that part. I assumed Pineapple, but if wasn't, you would've been working with Bruising still, which also skews the metric somewhat. Jab though, that's a pretty under powered attack; everything you would've gained from Gloom is just offset in how bad Jab is.

I feel like if I build a Proc version of a Bio/SS to test, I'd just be trying to formulate a build that's struggling just to compete with Energy Melee for no reason. SS really bothers me in how it looks so much better than it unreasonably ends up performing.

On Pineapple, though I just started a character on live. I have enough recharge to get away juggling gloom, haymaker, and Knockout Blow for the most part. In the rare moments of any downtime, foot stomp can be thrown in, as I believe it's the next highest damage ability in the setup. The rotation was generally something like KoB - Haymaker - Gloom - Haymaker - KoB repeat, throwing DNA Siphon in on CD below KoB in priority. What is the -regen% on DNA siphon, anyway? It seemed to be noticeable, but neither the information screen nor mids have an actual % for it. The numbers make it look like there would be more downtime between abilities than I experienced in testing. When I'd try to throw in another attack it usually resulted in delaying KoB.  It seems to be worth waiting a fraction of a second for Knockout blow as it hits like a truck and delaying it tended to be a damage loss. That's just my feeling from experimenting with it, though.

I think SS is one of those sets that can struggle a little early on, but performs well in the later levels, especially when fully built. It's not dethroning TW or anything, but from my experience with different melee kits it tends to perform above average. Foot Stomp is extremely satisfying in a group of mobs, too. Did you test the energy melee character much in AoE? A lot of content in the game has a focus on AoE, so I'm curious how procced out whirling hands performed. 

Special request, but if anyone posts a pylon kill time, can you also provide what your attack chain was? I'd like to use that for comparison purposes.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On Pineapple, though I just started a character on live. I have enough recharge to get away juggling gloom, haymaker, and Knockout Blow for the most part. In the rare moments of any downtime, foot stomp can be thrown in, as I believe it's the next highest damage ability in the setup. The rotation was generally something like KoB - Haymaker - Gloom - Haymaker - KoB repeat, throwing DNA Siphon in on CD below KoB in priority. What is the -regen% on DNA siphon, anyway? It seemed to be noticeable, but neither the information screen nor mids have an actual % for it. The numbers make it look like there would be more downtime between abilities than I experienced in testing. When I'd try to throw in another attack it usually resulted in delaying KoB.  It seems to be worth waiting a fraction of a second for Knockout blow as it hits like a truck and delaying it tended to be a damage loss. That's just my feeling from experimenting with it, though.

-Your build (since it throws more set bonuses in, especially purple sets) has more global recharge to pull off reducing that last 1.5/s needed to extract Punch from the chain.

-Siphon... I think is -150% if I remember right. The impact on the Pylon is -.44% (-131.69 HP/s). The struggle point with hitting the Pylon's with -Regen is that it regens based off periodic server ticks, and not static growth like characters/players, and if that debuff falls off prior to the appropriate tick, whoops. That's one small factor in why I feel I got some shifty times with Energy Melee. It becomes super noticeable when you get near the end and that last sliver just. won't. go.

-Are you using Ageless during the test? Given you can't really toggle that appropriately to get just the static base value, you'd have another 10% Global Rech in there that'd easily account for a slight off-ness in what you're looking at, versus what you get in practice. I also noticed you had the FF+Rech in both KOB and Hay, if your proc fell and you dropped down, that'd be another place you'd experience a delay. If you keep your combat stats displayed for your global rech, it's easier to watch for when you're up or down.

Did you test the energy melee character much in AoE? A lot of content in the game has a focus on AoE, so I'm curious how procced out whirling hands performed. 

I did, I just didn't collect it into a video. With as many videos as I've ended uploading, the edit times have grown unintentionally, trying to keep that down and is why I don't include that part of the process normally. Only did it with SS because of Rage and demonstrating Proc impact it. Your Foot Stomp is 167 (no +Dam procs and no Rage, 260.7 w/ 2xRage). Proc'd out Whirling Hands would do ~180 average, ~250 w/ BU (Gaussian Proc'd). Proc'd Foot Stomp, ~290 w/ 2xRage. Just using the Mid's probability data which is pretty inaccurate (under valued, it counts global in its formula when it shouldn't), but I don't have any other hard math figured for the abilities otherwise.

And while not AoE specific, the fact that Energy Transfer hits for ~1,000 means I can tab through Bosses pretty fast. An even-con Boss is 2.5k HP (rounded up), if I hit it with ET, Whirling, tab off to a Lieut to hit it with BS/EP, tab back five seconds to the Boss and hit it again with ET, and another WH, it's probably dead, or a hair's breadth from dead, along with most of the minions at that point who can only take >500 points of damage, and likely that Lieut I punched, leaving maybe one or two other Lieuts in a spawn alive.

At Even-Con I can clear a basic mission in less than 3:00 w/ Bosses in every spawn and one EB on the map (actually tested for that, strangely enough, and only the Bio/NrgM).

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Special request, but if anyone posts a pylon kill time, can you also provide what your attack chain was? I'd like to use that for comparison purposes.

Granted they're in the videos, but:

Energy Melee: Energy Transfer > Bone Smasher > Gloom > Energy Punch > Bone Smasher

Super Strength: Knockout Blow > Haymaker > Laser Beam Eyes > Punch > Haymaker

Radiation Melee: Devastating Blow > Radioactive Smash > Gloom > Radioactive Siphon

This doesn't have a vid:

Stone Melee: Seismic Smash > Stone Fist > Heavy Mallet > Stone Fist > Hurl Boulder (with Arctic Breath cycled in as it comes up every 10-13/s) is what the build is capable of. Rylas tested that for me, time on it was 5:24. That was reliant on a test-build with Leviathan, that's not an optimal chain (but surprisingly still strong all together).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Granted they're in the videos

That is certainly true. However trying to read the combat log on my 4 inch screen with mediocre internet connectivity would make that a chore to work out. Especially for each build. Thanks for including it, it's a helpful best practice when tracking these things. I hope others will include their's as well when reporting their test results.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Are you using Ageless during the test? Given you can't really toggle that appropriately to get just the static base value, you'd have another 10% Global Rech in there that'd easily account for a slight off-ness in what you're looking at, versus what you get in practice.

Yeah, I think I was just looking at the .4s delay between haymaker's cooldown and gloom's cast time at capped recharge. Maybe WoW's global cooldown is just so ingrained into me that I don't notice the delay.

8 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Just using the Mid's probability data which is pretty inaccurate (under valued, it counts global in its formula when it shouldn't), but I don't have any other hard math figured for the abilities otherwise.

It's really wonky with SS and is actually capping the damage early, possibly because of the live damage cap. You can see this if you look at Foot Stomp's damage with 1x Rage vs 2x Rage with the Gaussian's proc in. The damage remains the same.

10 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

And while not AoE specific, the fact that Energy Transfer hits for ~1,000 means I can tab through Bosses pretty fast.

image.png.5abe6fef7a0165a1b3c2a8f09b026ab4.png

It doesn't quite hit as hard as your Energy build hits with ET, but it deals with bosses fairly quickly.

The overall performance between the two kits is probably similar. Close enough at the very least that a player could run either and still be effective in damage while being a tanker. At the end of the day with the way CoH tends to play, it's not a big deal if one out performs the other as long as neither are under performing. I'm looking forward to seeing your results with a proc Bio/SS. 

Speaking of Bio/SS, I've been beta testing Weaken Resolve in the chain (KoB>Haymaker>Weaken>CrossPunch>Haymaker), which seems to be working out well as it can hold some nice procs, including a 90% achilles' heel proc SS doesn't have easy access to. Current top time for me (hybrid toggled off) is 2:47 on Bio/SS, not as good as the 1:42 I got on Bio/TW but still great for a SS time while also applying nice -res (see screenshot). Melt Armor and possibly other stuff are getting nerfed on Pineapple soon, so we'll see.

screenshot_190928-01-35-24.jpg

• Like 1

Wasn't really planning on rebuilding Super Strength given I still have like four other builds to run through, but this has kind of become a thing, I suppose, to really see where the break down is with Super Strength. Anyway, my Bio Armor blank doesn't support as much global recharge as the Willpower did by about 18% difference (trying to recall off the top without looking, 234 versus 251...er, sorry, 134 versus 151, got too used to seeing it bumped). That's still enough that there's about a 1/s variance still on KO Blow. Due to limitations of power space, I couldn't keep LBE in (really wanted that extra -20% Res to try out) so swapped for Gloom. Good damage, still isn't -Res, but whatever it's basically the go-to chain-fill attack for a Tank at this point (IMO).

Edit to Clarify: This is Bio/SS (Soul) Tank being tested, T4 Musc, Ageless, Degen, Hybrid Assault Cores...

Some times to chew on... I went in and cycled in and out of Hybrid Assault. Originally took on a couple of initial Pylons, and then just kind of said "Eh, screw it, lets see how many I can clear in 30 minutes." I got down to nine before they started popping over. I didn't pull all the times, and I even tried tossing in Foot Stomp for a bit to see if it helping provide FF+Rech procs would help balance my time spent in exceeded recharge. Did enough that my time shift was just ~10/s from not using it.

• 2:28
  • 2:20
  • 2:24
  • 2:42*
  • 2:18*/**
  • 2:46*
  • 2:44*
  • 2:20
  • 2:12**
  • 2:32

*Used Foot Stomp

**Hybrid On

There's about three times I didn't pull from my video, and the bottom three were a re-check after the fact, Normal, Hybrid On, Normal (respectively) for those last ones. I'm definitely not editing any of the footage, if folks want to see it I'll just straight upload it to Youtube as-is. Times are a pretty huge difference from before. More stable form of -Res out of Evolving Aura apparently. Didn't involve any of the new Origin Pool. DPS range on that is 378-418. On a Tank.

Chain: Punch > Haymarker > Gloom > KOB > Haymaker > Punch

Creeping on that 1:42 Hybrid Bio/TW time @Auroxis

I also decided to take a shot at Comic Con AE since it is loaded up over on Pineapple. Set to +4/8 and whatever it'd throw at me. Finished the map in 7:30 (give or take few seconds). Funnily enough I realized, after a fashion, it wasn't anything but Bosses I was spending most of my time collecting them up and Foot Stomping huge spawns of Bosses to death.

Edit #2:

I didn't want to drop another post to this update since it was relevant to this information. Took the Bio/SS back on to Pineapple and tried out swapping Gloom for LBE w/ -Res and the times weren't very good. 2:45, 2:50, and 2:15 on a last one that I used Hybrid for. Shows me that, comparatively, LBE is kind of terrible by comparison of Gloom for performance. So I tried a different avenue and plugged Gloom back in, but took the new "Weaken" ability from Force of Will, and also Mighty Leap to see the "Takeoff" ability (disappointed it's just Foot Stomp).

Revised from that, running Hybrid:

• 2:04
  • 2:09

The fact that I can't bake the extra -Res in to my abilities is a suffrage point. Weaken doesn't have any damage component, and there's no real good way for me to monitor its up time since I need to be able to watch my own combat log for when Rage crash slides off to reapply, so Power Analyzer's off the table. Going this path also forces the loss of Combat Jumping, which sucks because it brings the build (in this case) below 45% on elementals. Not a real issue for non-proc builds, but that's a struggle point for sure. This is also super-reliant on the bump buff that Maneuvers got for Tanks. Without that, it's even worse.

Biggest take away is that, yes, I probably could break below 2:00 for a time, and that's just stupid. I'll be discussing this particular aspect in the Beta thread for Rage.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
i'm tired
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Auroxis said:

not as good as the 1:42 I got on Bio/TW

I was meaning to refer to this, my apologies. I'm incredibly tired at this point in the night and just wanted to get the post up.

Tank Testing Update #4

I think I may have finally built one of the purest forms of a Proc Monster. Rad Armor/Spines (Soul). With eight abilities stacked 4-5, and five more stacked with 1 each (limited), any ability that could've had some kind of proc in it, does. Built purely for resistance, and it works like a champ. Given this set is massively focused on AoE, I decided to use its clearing ability, in combination with a survival test, by tossing it head-first into a Comic-Con farm. Lots of enemies, lots of opportunity to get myself knocked out if I play my cards right (over aggro, attack with cones past, get threat to spill over and trade with other enemies). Definitely saw my health bar going back and forth, but never felt in any danger as I was cycling my three Rad clicks constantly, and the one being used as an AoE attack just happens to contain recovery/regen options as well.

It's fairly easy to get Radiation Armor up to Res cap on several of its components, with the remainders being decent. Cold and Psionic are the weak points for this set, and there really wasn't much I could do about patching either of those with this kind of build plan. The other short-coming was Recharge. This build doesn't exactly need a huge amount because it can cycle a lot of stuff, but when it's surrounded Beta Decay gets to take over and give a nice solid jump, and then Ripper with a FF+Rech smooths the curve over. My goal with procs/Beta/rech was to get Hasten to a perma-state, and the build can achieve that without Ageless. It can also achieve an insane value of Recovery (EPS), I think at one point I hit 9/eps. Ageless ends up only existing just to speed up the cycles a tad bit further. That also opens up other Destiny options if a player wanted.

Lets break this down...

Radiation Therapy

• A regen debuff, a regen debuff resistance debuff, a heal, a recovery boost, and a minor damage kick. This is a pretty diverse ability, and interestingly the core of its function has nothing to do with the damage part, it just sits as a thematic bonus that opens a window for us to do something absurd: proc the heck out of it. The power has a super fast cast (1.188 Arcana), a chunk of end, and a super-high accuracy. With a high enough global there's almost nothing inherently necessary to do with this ability. It looks to be very tasty with the idea of adding heal or end-mod to it, but out of the box it's going to be pretty great. I chose to avoid doing anything other than focusing on flooding this thing with procs...
  • There's about 12 utility/damage (mostly damage) procs that this ability can be suited with. That majority are damage focused tools, but a couple of others like KD, Absorb, -Res, are included in that package as well. This is a pretty open-game ability. If I wanted to up my mitigation/control ability tossing one of several KD procs would be an option, or the Tanker AT-O +Absorb just to focus on the two prominent choices. My opt here was damage, damage, damage. At the +4 range, things get naturally resisted a bit, so those 71 pt procs are going to get scaled down into the mid 50's against 54's.
    • The best thing to do here, especially with that base 60/s recharge, is get a -Res into this ability as it'll have a killer probability; one Fury of the Gladiator to help all those procs roll better on the damage front.
    • I also ultimately decided to toss in the +Absorb proc from the AT-O to help build survival, and also kick a small Rech in there. There's a tiny window of flexibility with this power starting at 60/s, and I wanted to creep it closer to 15/s without going over board.
    • The rest gets filled with whichever +Dam procs you want (I'd suggest start with the exotic types first).
  • In practical application not every proc goes off every single time, but here's a small snapshot:
    • Spoiler

2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Radiation Therapy for 23.19 points of Energy damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Radiation Therapy for 5.79 points of Toxic damage over time.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 46.63 points of Smashing damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Scirocco's Dervish: Chance for Lethal Damage for 46.63 points of Lethal damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage for 46.63 points of Energy damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 46.63 points of Negative Energy damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You reduce your targets damage resistance temporarily
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Gavin with your Reactive Interface for 8.69 points of Fire damage over time.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Austin with your Radiation Therapy for 23.19 points of Energy damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Austin with your Radiation Therapy for 5.79 points of Toxic damage over time.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Austin with your Scirocco's Dervish: Chance for Lethal Damage for 46.63 points of Lethal damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Austin with your Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage for 46.63 points of Energy damage.
      2019-09-30 18:56:44 You hit Austin with your Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 46.63 points of Negative Energy damage.

• The average ended up being 3.5, a lot of 3's, a lot of 4's, just on the damage aspect. The -Res aspect was pretty consistent, about 75%. And the ability itself looks to have a 10 target cap. Against level 54 enemies, 178-220 damage per target is pretty significant. Then on top of that it was doing a 206 heal with a 41.23 kick on each target hit (so 618 pt heal). Oh, and its a DoT for the Therapy damage, so that former range is just the immediate burst, not including the follow-up minor hits.

Ground Zero

• This ability is in the same boat as Radiation Therapy in terms of having a boat load of utility/damage procs available to it, but unlike RT, it doesn't have an insanely boosted accuracy, and the recharge is much longer (90/s base), so we're likely to need some course correction here. I have Tactics worked into the build (and that's got a slight buff based on current patch on the Test server), so I tossed in a purple Acc/Dam/Rech to help along a bit. Mainly focused on getting accuracy good on +3.
  • GZ has a bit longer animation compared to RT, but is somewhat in line with an average PBAoE effect. That aside, for a probable damage over animation time, GZ and RT have the highest DPA in the set (excluding Epics/Gloom). So despite its longer animation, and partially committed probability, even in ST situations this power should get used because of how hard it's going to effectively hit. Speaking of, I'm not sure what the hit-cap is on this ability. I pulled just one instance out of the combat log from a single activation and it came back with 28:
    • Spoiler

HIT Austin! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 49.49.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Winifred! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 50.22.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Greggory! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 38.53.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Austin! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 45.44.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Rudolph! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 49.14.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 Ground Zero missed!
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Maximilian!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 77.09.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Stephan! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 34.82.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Donovan!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 78.08.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Greggory!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 72.40.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Stephan! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 36.19.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Roberto! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 1.90.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Tom!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 67.86.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Gavin!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 75.58.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Preston!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 99.89.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Rudolph!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 84.84.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Rudolph! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 49.74.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Vincent!! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 97.37.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Maximilian! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 52.65.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Winifred! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 11.13.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Phoebe!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 94.58.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Buchanan! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 51.22.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Henry! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 34.64.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Vincent! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 3.07.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Todd! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 21.22.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Henry! Your Ground Zero power had a 71.62% chance to hit, you rolled a 35.03.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Austin! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 5.75.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 MISSED Preston!! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 68.21.
      2019-09-30 18:57:40 HIT Roberto! Your Ground Zero power had a 57.84% chance to hit, you rolled a 34.23.

• In the situation of something like the Comic Con farm where you're surrounded by far more can even aggro on you, this turned that power into a beast, and every single time I activated it my combat log just became this rocket-ship of data going "SCROOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" for eternity. Didn't help that with things like Quills going off in there too, there were constant jumps of "Here... JUMP! JUMP! data data JUMP!" It made trying to follow along nearly impossible, and even though I recorded it, the log literally skips in burst chunks so there's no way of even keeping up with it.
    • 90/s base recharge, minor rech improvement, this ability rides at the probability cap of 90%, and it sees a lot of mileage from 5 procs. This thing is hitting for 300-350 damage depending on whether there's any -Res going on. And it's doing it to a WIDE range.

Quills

• Damage auras are a troublesome concept when it comes to procs. We can drop a bunch in them, but the aura's themselves run on the Toggle formula, so one check every 10/s, despite the aura itself potentially having a pulse effect (like Quills every 2/s). It's also painful obvious when this power misses because it goes off so often. Originally I only went with two slots devoted to enhancement, I ended up shifting a fourth over with Scirocco's Dervish in order to bump a 9% global Accuracy onto the build and balance the power out a bit more. That still leaves three total procs in the aura which is pretty decent. I figure I usually saw at least a few in each cycle, but it may not be enough for some to warrant to added benefit. Personally, for this specific kind of power, I tend not to (maybe one, in this case, as it completed a 4-set for the accuracy bump). At a minimum, the power needs 3-4 slots to function well (Acc/Dam/End).

Spine Burst

• This power needs at least three slots devoted to just getting its act in line with Accuracy (and Dam/End), this needs to hit consistently as it's going to be the key most bread-and-butter power used every ~6/s. Past that it gets six +Dam procs to play with.
  • This is probably the most important and most-used ability in this build, and was the one I deemed the most relevant to tossing the Overwhelming Force KD proc into. Every burst becoming a guaranteed PBAoE KD ring is an incredible addition of mitigation, and I'd say one of the biggest factors in helping me stay alive but just soft-controlling the incoming potential damage by keeping this falling over.
  • 16/s base recharge, 3/s cast, this thing riding at nearly 20/s total is going to have a pretty decent probability overall.

Ripper

• The Tanker changes on Test right now include a cone-widening effect for abilities that fall below a certain threshold (such as Ripper does) that ends up widening and extending its coverage to improve AoE possibilities on Tanks without dramatically altering any one specific attack. It is an interesting blanket-mechanic-fix that was used. As much as I dislike the animation personally, it becomes a necessary power for Spines because it lacks strong ST performance. Ripper happens to be a generally strong attack in general, and the modifications on Test turn this into a pretty huge swing. When I boiled down to just a group of Bosses, tossing Ripper over and over is what allowed me to mow through them more efficiently. Didn't even need to reposition for cone effect, the alterations made this thing pretty much bleed all over the place.
  • The only spot in the build with access to FF+Rech, definitely include it here because any activation on a per-minute basis is going to help this build. Just one 5/s trigger is enough to balance out Hasten (w/ Ageless, or in general w/o if it can get multiple triggers per minute), and also bring Radiation Therapy into the sub-15/s zone and Ground Zero into the sub-30/s zone.
  • Probability wise, somewhere around 60%. Got a fair amount of double-procs when Ripper hit, but there were enough offset 1's with fewer 3's that it's just not quite 2/3 consistently in practice (thus 60%). I'm only going to spend so much time validating 82,310 lines of combat log from just one hours worth of play.

Effective Testing

Since I decided to use the Comic Con farm in AE as the testing ground for this, I'm pretty confident in its survivability, as well as general performance. I was able to clear +4/8 (No Boss) in 7:00 minutes pretty comfortably (no pressure, speeding, intentional herding). When I added Bosses in, for metric, I ended up with 8:30, those things really slowed the process despite making concerted effort to horde the Bosses up as I cleared each mass of spawns until I was sitting on 6-7 Bosses and whittled them down collectively between AoE's and Ripper extensively. I also wanted to see what an even-con baseline was like so I turned the difficult back to "0" and ran in to packs of 50's; that only took 4:43/s (w/ Bosses), so almost half the time as the previous. By the end of my test run I had collected a level and a half of XP and moved on to other ventures.

For more practical (and consistent) testing application, I went back into the RWZ and collected up some level 54 Rikti and mowed them over, for comparison's sake. They all moved pretty quickly, as expected. When there's not hordes of enemies trying to stand on top of you, one or two "small" 10-16 sized spawns seem down right easy.

Lets not forget, either, the (now traditional) attempt at a Pylon. We must remember that Spines is primarily an AoE driven set, I went into this thought process with full anticipation that it'd be terrible and I'd likely give up the attempt early. I put Gloom into the build to give  stronger ST ranged attack over Impale, and also to help general ST performance, but between that, the RadArmor AoE's packing a ton of heat, and a plethora of -Res procs, the Pylon ended up being a lot easier than I expected it to. When I chose a Hybrid Assault to slot, I dropped in the double-proc one thinking more in terms of AoE than ST concept; I ended up accidentally triggering the Hybrid during the run, but it ended up not being as huge a swing in my favor as I'd thought the hiccup would be. There's definitely a speed variance between up and down, but not in a way that it made a huge difference. Without it the DPS traction was more in line with a 5:30 time, with it though I ended up getting 4:43, but I only activated it the one time (so no second trigger after four minutes when it popped back up).

There's a lot of potential to play around with best potential chains here though. Throw Spines with the -Res proc could do for Spines what Shockwave does for Claws by opening up greater long-term potential, but it doesn't have quite as good a DPA as we'd want. I initially went in with a chain of Barb > Gloom > Barb > Ripper, with RT and GZ activated over Barb in the rotation. What's interesting is Barb Swipe is actually the best ST attack that Spines has, and if not for the fact that I really wanted to keep opportunities maxed for getting FF+Rech going for RT/GZ, I'd probably swap their activations with Ripper as it's got slightly lower potential output.

I do have footage of the test, I'll sift through it and see about maybe putting something together. Maybe a few highlights out of the Comic Con, and then the Pylon run.

Build: Radiation Armor/Spines (Soul) Tank:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Spines

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23)
Level 1: Barb Swipe -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(13), Hct-Dam%(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(5), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), Erd-%Dam(9), TchoftheN-%Dam(9), Obl-%Dam(11), ScrDrv-Dam%(11), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(13)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(15)
Level 14: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(33), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), TtnCtn-EndRdx(34)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(21), Prv-Absorb%(23)
Level 20: Spine Burst -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 22: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 24: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-%Dam(27), ScrDrv-Dam%(27), Obl-%Dam(29), ShlBrk-%Dam(29), TchofLadG-%Dam(31)
Level 28: Ripper -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), Obl-%Dam(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 32: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Quills -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(43), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), Obl-%Dam(45), ImpSwf-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Throw Spines -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), Ann-ResDeb%(42), ImpSwf-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), CldSns-%Dam(50), GldJvl-Dam%(50), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(34), Mrc-Rcvry+(34)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(36)
------------

|MxDz;1438;720;1440;HEX;|
		|78DA6554396F1341149EB5D749EC38A7731F4EEC9038BED6B6A0424004049020962|
		|28268AD553238AB18DBF23A40A0A2A000713734881201050D088553E207D0502010|
		|1515E14840E2AECCF37C8F10C92BEF7E9EEFBD6FDE3147FAC4A4F7EEBED31342F3E|
		|ECE99B69D3964E61764C99536B3D6ACA83EF5F4FAC16626E51199B7A571D09CB3CC|
		|B255C86776968E164A3E36A7654E4A63A668E5A52D9AA60B859CB1D7CACE97AD7CD|
		|6AB4653D22463D6A306334529E75AFEF173B264CF5BC5EE3D456BD6D8555A2CCBCC|
		|4C613197499B765996967A288B517ACF85E8A355F3AAB8C477A710295DE83F80753|
		|F81ADBF187F03BBFE001F6CD4BE05E75D100A9BA30E8523AFC08FBC066E7A037C12|
		|2629B40E6D07FD19D485E32A348E6BC0F334BF133E4EA7A121B708B027CE18055E2|
		|05F177C3517E759C7755C0C55BBAEA93CEBCFEAC4B945C39A43C56CE8818F47309E|
		|42FEDE098C355A2EB75AB78A7057E8119768B646CDA32235BE74A8D99A9F13FA74E|
		|124EF26CEB889331EE68C8739E34002D845BE2DDC81964E70FE0388EAFF06BC4CB1|
		|DAB8C36D2BE0DA3F307E04767C62FCCCABB30A5C26AD0F99BB7C2785CA73EC18235|
		|739B60D9D0E6D677C07ED43D27672D59D366C8F88EB06A77547A11FBE0DDB15B2F5|
		|72ACDEADE0FAB8C37D1C6B803B3C50E754BCFF05D93B74F198B4FDACEDBFA163975|
		|C675C425FE33C4782E7489C418C20F57090577D308ADAE28CED641B824D0C05C03D|
		|A55841EE67907B12E19E448E0B95578C63C53856EC2676E7B3104E4C553B7A0F9AD|
		|07D6078199A70109AF07B6084B5B3341C67EDF82DD416BF034C24514B6A05FD4AC5|
		|A04DA5F804511D515E8B6800717CC4195C9BC1B575109764BF24EFA7015DF053A15|
		|F75F786F5F5335B89D45893354CAA86D95CC36CA961A66A98699DC312A329C6DD2A|
		|AA1D5699AC7AD66F03A1C551E317CF861B22809E040EF319DA4F18D2C5DA46DD387|
		|45FFF739AC637CA08DF287F01B8ACE5D9|

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Build: Radiation Armor/Spines (Soul) Tank:

Really enjoying seeing the proc mechanic and how it can be best leveraged on Tankers. Keep up the good work!

With your most recent build, you didn't find the low defense numbers to be an issue with your survivability? Or are the Mids defense numbers not accurate? I realize that's the price you pay for going proc-heavy and ignoring set bonuses. Did you just pop purples or was the defense not an issue?

19 minutes ago, TungstenShark said:

Did you just pop purples or was the defense not an issue?

I didn’t even turn the defense toggles on, nor even put them in my tray. I focused and fully invested in Resists alone. Get into a rough enough spot and that may not play out well in some cases, but I was cycling all three Rad clicks, the heal one typically only when I needed it though. The healing from Radiation Therapy alone was generally sufficient if I was patient enough. It just really isn’t reasonable to try and build defense into a build like this when if forced you to sacrifice your attack slot choices to do it.

kind of one of those things where you gotta pick a choice going in, defensive (sets) or procs. 

Being at 90% Resists also helps not worrying about defense.  I doubt I’d try and do the same thing on a Scrapper.

3 hours ago, Amarlex said:

Could you post your Bio/SS/Soul build? I assume it's pretty similar to how the WP/SS is, but I'd like to take a look at it just to see how you went about slotting.

Ah, hmm, yeah:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Bio Armor

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), HO:Ribo(3), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 1: Jab -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(5), EndMod-I(40)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 6: Adaptation
Level 8: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13)
Level 10: Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), PrfZng-Dam%(25)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 14: Haymaker -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(19)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Dam%(43), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43), UnbCns-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(25)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-%Dam(36), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29), GssSynFr--Build%(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(33), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dam%(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(40), Obl-%Dam(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 6: Defensive Adaptation
Level 6: Efficient Adaptation
Level 6: Offensive Adaptation
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

|MxDz;1490;718;1436;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B4F135114C7EFB453B1A5A554687909B454E88B0E1D64A9121131288D2|
		|4356EC7A60C6542699B6989AF950B976EDCB8F103A80B3F8ED1F805489487200A28|
		|19CFCCFF804DDA64FABBF7CC39FFF3C8BD937F32EFFF78E7C5AC90FCB72AC546437|
		|B50ACAEEBA6275F2C1B2561FF3AE889C2AACDEBAB7AB5A12B73464DBB6F968B55A3|
		|A4DD34376AE6103BE4F58AAE2B85CD3AAD0B4D53AF969B6BC2BF5CAB559425BD583|
		|7AAE580B35930CA6B4DDAF99C5DA1AEEB2BC133AF15DD6CAC19F5BEDB75A3A4CC99|
		|9B4D5D2BD4362B5ABED868EAE6D37EAA2745CF7E9CFE24BB42CB2D145AA8B270A59|
		|937C82CBB456ADAEDEC277D2DBE5F61933F81173E83835FC003D295E0EB92B6D977|
		|0B4C44C9AC7AC54FF271C3C7E3DE619D5DF0E21EF307E8DB07A307E021C57A106B1|
		|DC7315F3B574794FD4741FF0898A5DABDF0F1785791BFB7CCD488095944D685E31B|
		|4922A6BFE1727842FA9D4E3396ABF310EFBA8F98C7A042FA01EE25F008BAB11526E|
		|BC758FF0AEB4FBC847E848A0F22560A8631FBC153DA0ECBE20FE50E71EED077C45D|
		|FAC67C85789572F770EE9E346C1309309D616E4037BD88FD24E7962877187311E14|
		|1D4E7265B1FD7D3672FA88E7EE72C08F197EA19E05C031634E202F5C49F213EFE98|
		|FB7CCE9CC5FB69AA7348A097A10C6673F98CEFA12553EE61D61FE6598C74317DCC0|
		|0A8763283E029D536CAE76034CCE7A597C9B38A93FE18F73B16437D3354D738E71C|
		|BFC6F3BB0E26DECA20F798E29ECEE637467A499E55D2E9A543A498250AC9F099CBE|
		|478EE1FA0977DC7DC7239F3CD4E427F4A855F887415BE6B0ACF616A817D1641F51E|
		|9F03F2CDC157E4623C4F59F0CFB2AF886589947C7E7BAD74DBDB5C9B456DB35C6DB|
		|3CCB45996DA2CCB32A7258BE458BCDDC29EA653C9B6EFFC3B21A42C66BBEB6BF976|
		|C4F81E3FC40CBAEE4ACE5DDA698D4B226EEFBF4D925E638E5D6FC0DFF6F78273FE6|
		|A591FB5AC4F22E4CAEB7F9E66EAAF|

Something very important to note about this build, Rage must not be stacked during the crash. Activate the second Rage after the crash period and the Gaussian's proc will kick you up for a considerable amount in those next few attacks. Between that, and the Hybrid Assault, I could stack my damage up to 400%. This build does everything in its power to absolutely invalidate and make a mockery of the entirety of the concept towards Rage's crash.