Proc Monsters - Tanker Edition

Sir Myshkin

6 minutes ago, carroto said:

It just occurred to me to question whether the initial target gets the same calculation.  Does the first target take damage from the pet, or is that a regular hit which then summons a pet to do the rest?  If it's the former there may be a chance that the first target gets a higher proc probability.  Has anyone looked at this?

I have looked at it with powers like Jolting Chain. The initial target (upon cast) uses the single target calculation (AreaFactor is 1, and you use base recharge, cast time, etc).

All the pets that spring up from that successful initial cast use the 10 foot radius. It also uses a 10 second activation period from the proc enhancement for its calculations (so don't worry about slotted recharge on the pet jumps). 

Feel free to test it out. If you don't see numbers that seem inline with the calculations, let me know. 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

19 hours ago, Bopper said:

I have looked at it with powers like Jolting Chain. The initial target (upon cast) uses the single target calculation (AreaFactor is 1, and you use base recharge, cast time, etc).

All the pets that spring up from that successful initial cast use the 10 foot radius. It also uses a 10 second activation period from the proc enhancement for its calculations (so don't worry about slotted recharge on the pet jumps). 

Okay so my previous numbers were all wrong then.  Here's what I have now, by slotted recharge for the first hit and the rest:

Chain Induction
Hit 0% 0% 20% 20% 40% 40% 60% 60% 80% 80%
  proc% bdmg% proc% bdmg% proc% bdmg% proc% bdmg% proc% bdmg%
First 88.60 108.26 74.99 91.62 65.26 79.75 57.97 70.84 52.30 63.91
2+ 27.45 33.54 27.45 33.54 27.45 33.54 27.45 33.54 27.45 33.54

I'm not sure how to feel about this.  Nice proc chance on the first hit, not so much on the rest.

1 hour ago, carroto said:

I'm not sure how to feel about this.  Nice proc chance on the first hit, not so much on the rest.

It's a fantastic proc chance on the first hit (if no slotted recharge). It also looks like you are getting a little more than a level 50 SO damage enhancement with the jumps (33.54% > 33.33%), so if you are near enhancement diversification limits already, the procs offer up a superior damage boost.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

HEY YOU GUUUUUUUYYS!

ahem

Testing Update: Kinetic Melee!

It's been a bit since I've set aside some focused time to revisit our Tanker changes on Beta/Pineapple. The last update finally hit in early December, and it has been a pretty hectic month and I've finally set aside the time needed to really visit one of the last necessary curiosities of the alterations to Tankers, one of which that reflects some interesting alterations that a lot of folks expressed questionable concern over from the second patch wave. Up to this point there's been some consistencies in how the Melee sets have performed, and with a few other diligent players pushing some unique testing boundaries in other areas in regards to baseline performance of Melee sets, I'm comfortable in scaling down some of the intended testing to the one, final run of Kinetic Melee.

Kinetic Melee is a set I know had some intriguing prospects and was a key set to see the data return from for quite a few people, myself included. The set is focused on single target performance and has a few crowd fracturing abilities that IO's really gravitate towards. To me there is an interesting balance of how KM is designed to function in an SO world, but shine in an IO one, and to a small degree I almost feel like--at its core--there's some piece of Super Strength in the backbone of its design. The testing up to this point has shown how dramatically the IO system, and procs of course, change the dynamic performance of SS, and the queued up challenge became "how similar is Kinetic Melee to that given a similar design structure?"

And now, I have that answer, but we have to talk about a few things first.

Kinetic Melee has three initial attacks that are crazy fast, all sub 1.5/s arcana and can be ran together at 3.8/s in total Arcana animation time to do a baseline damage just shy of its T9 attack. That's 154 damage versus 158 unenhanced on Tanker values pulled from live. Concentrated Strike animates in 3.03/s Arcana. It's pretty crazy that the first three attacks can so closely match one single, hard hitting attack. There is a small discrepency of 0.8/s additional time at a 4 pt damage loss, but the practical application ends up doing some interesting things. It is possible for Kinetic Melee to be a strong ST contender without using its T9 attack, but why consider that? Because Concentrated Strike takes 3.03/s to animate, which can miss and eat up a huge chunk of dynamic DPS in the process. When talking about long-term experiential gains, missing for that long a window--as any Big Game Hunter will tell you--really hurts performance if it happens often enough. Given that I approached testing out KM on multiple fronts: T1/2/3 Attack Chain, a CS Inclusive Chain, and both chains with Gloom spliced in as it is one of the strongest attacks Tankers can get access to broad-spectrum.

Early Attacks on Procs

I was pretty impressed that I still got some relatively solid proc performance out of a set of attacks animation so quickly, with such short recharge times. I stuck to standard philosophy of no inherent recharge for these, devoted the first two slots to Acc/Dam/End, and then loaded them up with procs. Lets take a snapshot:

Smashing Blow:

Spoiler

0:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 115.89 points of Smashing damage.
[00:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 55.62 points of Energy damage.
[00:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Hecatomb: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 92.52 points of Negative Energy damage.
[00:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Touch of Death: Negative Energy Damage for 61.98 points of Negative Energy damage.
[00:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Degenerative Interface for 9.24 points of Toxic damage over time.
[00:15] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 16.88 points of Toxic damage.
[00:16] Smashing Blow is recharged.
[00:16] You activated the Smashing Blow power.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 115.89 points of Smashing damage.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 55.62 points of Energy damage.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 61.98 points of Smashing damage.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 16.88 points of Toxic damage.
[00:16] You activated the Smashing Blow power.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 115.89 points of Smashing damage.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow for 55.62 points of Energy damage.
[00:16] You Stun Rikti Pylon with your Smashing Blow.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 61.98 points of Smashing damage.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Degenerative Interface for 9.24 points of Toxic damage over time.
[00:16] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 16.88 points of Toxic damage.

Body Blow:

Spoiler

You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 103.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 34.39 points of Energy damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psionic Damage for 61.98 points of Psionic damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Mako's Bite: Chance for Lethal Damage for 61.98 points of Lethal damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 61.98 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 13.23 points of Toxic damage.
[01:35] Smashing Blow is recharged.
[01:35] Body Blow is recharged.
[01:35] You activated the Body Blow power.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 103.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 34.39 points of Energy damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psionic Damage for 61.98 points of Psionic damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Mako's Bite: Chance for Lethal Damage for 61.98 points of Lethal damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 61.98 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Degenerative Interface for 9.24 points of Toxic damage over time.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 13.23 points of Toxic damage.
[01:35] You activated the Body Blow power.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 113.36 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow for 37.78 points of Energy damage.
[01:35] You Stun Rikti Pylon with your Body Blow.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 68.09 points of Smashing damage.
[01:35] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 14.53 points of Toxic damage.

Quick Strike:

Spoiler

You activated the Quick Strike power.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 80.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 26.72 points of Energy damage.
[01:36] You knock Rikti Pylon off their feet with your Quick Strike!
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 9.58 points of Toxic damage.
[01:36] Quick Strike is recharged.
[01:36] You activated the Quick Strike power.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 80.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 26.72 points of Energy damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 9.58 points of Toxic damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 88.09 points of Smashing damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 29.36 points of Energy damage.
[01:36] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 10.52 points of Toxic damage.

[01:37] Quick Strike is recharged.
[01:37] You activated the Quick Strike power.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 80.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 26.72 points of Energy damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Mako's Bite: Chance for Lethal Damage for 61.98 points of Lethal damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage for 61.98 points of Smashing damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 9.58 points of Toxic damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 80.19 points of Smashing damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Quick Strike for 26.72 points of Energy damage.
[01:37] You knock Rikti Pylon off their feet with your Quick Strike!
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Offensive Adaptation for 9.58 points of Toxic damage.
[01:37] You hit Rikti Pylon with your Mako's Bite: Chance for Lethal Damage for 61.98 points of Lethal damage.

Now with Quick Strike I added a few more chunks to reflect on something important about that particular power. I have that one loaded up with FF+Rech proc (a key point to make to the function of KM), and that trigger doesn't show up in the combat data, only in the Hit Rolls, but what will be visible in the video is how often that +100% Rech hits, and adds in a significant value to keeping the time down on Power Siphon.

QS has three procs in it (2 dam), SB and BB each have 4 (dam). Average sits somewhere between 1.6-2 procs per attack. If I account them as 1/2/2 respectively, it adds an interesting highlight to the previously mentioned idea of "no T9." I'm adding a potential 358.75 damage "average" to my original unenhanced baseline of 154. A CS Inclusive chain gets to benefit a little bit from this too, of course, but it's an interesting twist. Concentrated Strike will likely only fit a few procs, possibly 4, but likely just 3 under optimal slotting, and with its long recharge it'll carry a good proc potential, but that's still only 3 potential versus 3 minimum, and 5 probable procs using the T1/2/3 in its place.

I broke some runs down into a little chart for comparison:

T1/2/3+Gloom w/ Hybrid T1/2/3+CS+Gloom w/ Hybrid
3:23 2:45 3:24 2:32
T1/2/3 w/ Hybrid T1/2/3+CS w/ Hybrid
3:54 3:17 3:40 2:50

This is only one reflective run per each scenario, and I didn't dive heavily into capturing a lot of "new" data points for this because it demonstrates something I'm already aware of from back on Retail when I tested Kinetic Melee a boat load. The net variance between the use of CS versus not, on average, is minimal. If tested into the 10 data points marker, the divide of something as simple as 3:54 to 3:40 blurs closer together.

There's also a good example of "decent run" compared to a "close to perfect" run with the CS+Gloom Inclusive w/o vs w/ Hybrid. I actually did two test runs with Hybrid and that chain and got a follow up of 2:58, a dramatic amount of missed CS's that reflect how wildly a CS chain can swing.

Pre i24 Proc changes, when I tested this with Scrappers back on Retail Live right before the sunset, I'd average a difference of 10-15 DPS between not using, and using CS in my attack cycle as soon as it was up. The fickle "critical bonus" of CS and Power Siphon is so rarely optimally triggered that it's almost pointless to have as a mechanic, and unreliable in general performance, so no help their either.

Procs end up doing Kinetic Melee a ton of favors in regards to just spiking up that difference in abilities and providing a consistent performance expectation when not using CS, and really give it the ability to forgo the power if wanted without loosing a significant variance in potential ability.

Love/Hate Concentrated Strike

Proof is in the pudding kind of statements, but CS doesn't do Kinetic Melee any significant favors. It's a fun attack, has a love-it-or-hate-it animation for trying to spike damage on a target, but that long animation time is troublesome. I personally always kept it around because I still enjoyed using it regardless, but when it comes to really doing ST performance, it was easy to skip it knowing I could avoid the wild variances if that attack missed. In general team-based game play CS is less of a liability as others are likely able to make up for that missed short-coming, but for soloists, it's definitely something to be mindful of it that attack missing may break your ability to actually take down harder targets (AV's+).

Power Siphon v Rage

With the addition of the Gaussian's +BU proc in PS, just as in testing with Rage, definitely got a lot better overall performance with that burst spike at the entry into PS. While it only lasts for a short five seconds, that's enough to hit every single attack Kinetic can throw (ST) or build into a spike for Burst. Hit PS, cycle QS>BB>SB into Burst, get that quick ramp build up of PS stacks and still have just enough time to que Burst for the added +Dam. While I wasn't able to ultimately crack the 2:00 barrier this go around, I'm still happy to see how close KM actually got to SS's performance levels. The constant up and down of Power Siphon's stacks are the shift that cause that difference for sure.

Collective Final Thoughts

Kinetic Melee can bend the IO/Proc system in the exact same manner that Super Strength can, and the only thing not putting it right in line with it is the shifting +Dam effect of Power Siphon. Kinetic Melee doesn't suffer the (current) drawbacks of Super Strength's Rage crash which makes it a pretty solid alternative choice (imo) for something that performs otherwise the same. The ability to get close to that same window of performance while not punching at a constant double-stacked Rage is pretty stellar. It also gets an extra Cone, and Burst really isn't too terribly different from Foot Stomp (.7/s diff).

Video Tax

The Build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Bio Armor
Secondary Power Set: Kinetic Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), HO:Ribo(3), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 1: Quick Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(5), Hct-Dmg(7), GldStr-%Dam(27), Mk'Bit-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(5)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(33)
Level 6: Adaptation
Level 8: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13)
Level 10: Body Blow -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), PrfZng-Dam%(25)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 14: Smashing Blow -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(37), Hct-Dam%(39)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(19)
Level 20: Power Siphon -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39), GssSynFr--Build%(43)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(25)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(36), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Burst -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dam%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(33), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Concentrated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), GldStr-%Dam(45)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 6: Defensive Adaptation
Level 6: Efficient Adaptation
Level 6: Offensive Adaptation
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1490;723;1446;HEX;|
		|78DA65945B4F134114C767DB2DD8D2522A94FBAD147A85A5551F8C37222246A1910|
		|4E3EBBA6997B2B6B6CDB624FA68A28F26461FFC0AEA831FC744FD0224CA45100495|
		|AC67F7FCC526DD64F73773E6CCB9CE6CEEF182FFC3ADA77342F2DF286BF5BA7A4FA|
		|B9474D393D38A465ED84F3BBDE32C5517F435BD52D79579A3AADE358B5AC5C8ABD7|
		|CD475573080A39BDACEBCA9251D11BF652A3A1E54BC2BF52AD9695655DAB199562C|
		|0992C1AC5F506CD7CCE6CB5A6EB85E03FAD826ED6D78D5ADFCD9A9157E6CD8D86AE|
		|AE5637CA6A4EAB3774F3493FC593A4772F4A1FC98ED0720B85065959B852E03512C|
		|B6E913CE776E60F43028FE51105E1C8E467B2C3B698CBE1608275274BBC1E7FCEF2|
		|7DF223B11F49DA621D7993F983D6DCBCE6716FB3AC6D87796617FCCEF4ED31C7F79|
		|907B4D7C37BADE328D799C6AEF671E88F31FDA3CC12E5E0450EDE353B46AFE82982|
		|2A312E8B5EC4DE8B5CFAEB9CC32FB2DFE12461B93A0E78ADEB083C6696C97E00F60|
		|30FD86EA400C27E04F627613F9666FBBD147C10350A86B9078327341D91C56FF21D|
		|82EFD037DE77F62BF882F757C97737F2EF4EB3CF18987AC73A12F908B38E080F721|
		|C6E92F5C16F9F3D207FFD4EEF85F8437E07784D1EF8CCFEA29FC08FE017F47C8E59|
		|A338865083A12BEC77F822788999BA0C5E654EE39CC814CB08CEC2086A30DA09FAC|
		|00033DB0106992714EB18F21F0BE39CF480A85194EC4F20FF8908E76F52BC538877|
		|EA259FE7D86B663CC5FBE2E85D12BD9B46EF26C85E02B54B38B56E1749304F2A69D|
		|84D6790E77BB63BF316DC7439F59E99667BB359D60B915D05F752411D6617A1739B|
		|995D42FF4937C3BA2213E17E0FCBA777D5BE1A962592F2E94DB7522DAB991649B64|
		|572BE4572A145B2DC225991E196249223F176D17D6789B5E53BFD2F0869866BBBF3|
		|5FE69222B8BFF7B9069D7724A70FDBCDFB12BC6FD7D7F48F79C575EC7CC3FC69FF2|
		|7E0F3B0697CD4345EA2CB934585FE02F6CDEAB1|

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

It's an amazing posting

After reading all of your articles, I'm build up a rad/energy

The build is a combination of the rad/spine and the bio/energy build you posted.

I'd like to get some feedback on how to upgrade it.

The pylon time about 6 minutes with t1 mascul and t1 degen

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Energy Melee

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), PrfZng-Dam%(11)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), PrfShf-End%(13), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 4: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-EndRdx(17)
Level 8: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Bone Smasher -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), TchofDth-Dam%(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(19), PrfZng-Dam%(21), GldStr-%Dam(21)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 14: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-EndRdx(25)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 20: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dam%(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(31), PrfZng-Dam%(31), Obl-%Dam(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 28: Radiation Therapy -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), Erd-%Dam(33), TchoftheN-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(34), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 30: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 32: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), Obl-%Dam(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), ShlBrk-%Dam(40)
Level 38: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 41: Energy Transfer -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42), GldStr-%Dam(42), PrfZng-Dam%(42), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(43), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(45), CldSns-%Dam(45), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- PstBls-Dam%(A), CldSns-%Dam(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43)
Level 50: Musculature Boost 
Level 50: Degenerative Interface 
------------

55 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Personally curious about putting procs on Lightning Rod, Shield Charge and Thunderstrike. 

I heard the aforementioned Tele-nukes don't do much with procs. 

I can absolutely confirm that procs work too well in Savage Leap. I'm not aware of any reason why shield charge or lightning rod would work differently. 

25 minutes ago, KelvinKole said:

I can absolutely confirm that procs work too well in Savage Leap. I'm not aware of any reason why shield charge or lightning rod would work differently. 

Savage leap is a PBAoE just like any other PBAoE. LR and SC are placed targeted AoE's that summon a pseudo-pet. Other ouddities, I believe, is that those pseudo-pets have damage caps limited to pet damage caps so if your AT has a higher cap, you top out and can't go higher than the pet cap. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leogunner said:

Savage leap is a PBAoE just like any other PBAoE. LR and SC are placed targeted AoE's that summon a pseudo-pet. Other ouddities, I believe, is that those pseudo-pets have damage caps limited to pet damage caps so if your AT has a higher cap, you top out and can't go higher than the pet cap. 

They take PBAOE enhancements though.

And function more like PBAOE than a targeted aoe because the damage done is PBAOE once the teleport part is over, ideally you are literally in the middle of the mob hence the point blank part of the PBAOE.

I can confirm avalanche procs knockdown really well in both LR and SC.

5 hours ago, Leogunner said:

Personally curious about putting procs on Lightning Rod, Shield Charge and Thunderstrike. 

I heard the aforementioned Tele-nukes don't do much with procs. 

4 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

FWIW, Number Six mentioned that Savage Leap is mech'd differently than the other tele-nukes as it does not use a pseudopet (which is why you would see better proc performance from Savage Leap). The pseudopets use the toggle formula (10 second activateperiod), so long base recharges dont help with the proc performance.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bopper said:

FWIW, Number Six mentioned that Savage Leap is mech'd differently than the other tele-nukes as it does not use a pseudopet (which is why you would see better proc performance from Savage Leap). The pseudopets use the toggle formula (10 second activateperiod), so long base recharges dont help with the proc performance.

From the stand point of: I activate power and more stuff falls down with the proc vs less without.  Id say pseudopet or not they are working.

Some even mag up to kb when hit.

Edited by Infinitum

Procs will work in the Tele-Nukes, but it'll apply as Bopper already mentioned (with a different formula). There's still a pretty good ratio of use there at least, and any extra damage is better than none. At the time I would've had a build made for Shield I wasn't fully considering the implications of how the pseudo-pet formula versus the power itself would potentially lead to conflict in proc expectations. I'm not even sure if [we] had fully determined that before I ran that test in earnest, I honestly don't remember being aware of the toggle-pet-proc "issue" at the time, just that I'd confirmed that the ability could proc, and didn't consider looking further into it (a mistake of over-simplification, looking back at it now). On the flip side, I recorded everything after a certain point, so I might actually have some data in a file I can reference some Shield Charges out of (not many, but something).

It is rather strange knowing I have a video of something, and go to send it to someone without realizing I never uploaded it anywhere. Sitting on 30+GBs of test capture. Side ramble, sorry.

14 hours ago, SaMaGui said:

I'd like to get some feedback on how to upgrade it.

The only thing I'm left with a question on is what kind of attack chain you were focused on. There's a bit of shortcomings in your recharge and accuracy (really only looks to be enough for ... +2), which of course if you're focused on teaming than you're fine, I'm sure you'll run into some friendlies to help boost you up a bit. Really the choices you make are coming down to personal play style. Between Rad Therapy, Ground Zero, and Whirling, you've already got three AoE's at your disposal, is Dark Obliteration necessary? I only mention this because Energy Punch is a better attack over Barrage, you'll get more filler mileage out of it at 1.056/s Animation ontop of having a better DPA. Barrage might be your optimal attack to slot for a set bonus chaser. You're also over slotting S/L resists by 6%.

I'd say take stock of what your attack pattern is really adding up to and consider if you're sitting on too many AoE's that you can refocus some of your sets, move some slot choices around and possibly get a Kistmet +6% in there to help your accuracy on a global scale.

thanks a lot sir myshkin

Okay, I fix the build and brought it back.

i focused primary ST damage chain

i got weave for global rech+

and added kismet +6%

I gave up a little damage and got a Tohit from the set effect.

I've done it as efficiently as I can, but I still think who can make it better.

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), PrfZng-Dam%(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(11)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13), RgnTss-Regen+(13)
Level 4: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Dam%(15), Hct-Dmg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), GldStr-%Dam(19), TchofDth-Dam%(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(27)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(31), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33)
Level 14: Radiation Therapy -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Erd-%Dam(31), Obl-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), TchoftheN-%Dam(34), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(34)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg(34), Erd-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Absorb%(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(40), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(42)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 28: Build Up -- RechRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(45)
Level 30: Beta Decay -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 32: Assault -- EndRdx(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Apc-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dam%(A), GldStr-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(50), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 41: Tactics -- EndRdx(A)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(27), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(29)
------------

Edited by SaMaGui

21 hours ago, SaMaGui said:

I've done it as efficiently as I can, but I still think who can make it better.

You definitely moved it in a good direction. First, I apologize as I have the flu, so I could've easily missed/messed something up with foggy brain, but I saw a few areas of opportunity to push your net resistances a bit further.

You don't really want to bleed over the cap, it doesn't really benefit you in the grand scheme of things. Given that, I flipped a few sets from S/L bonuses to E/N, yes your Energy is ridiculously high, but your Negative has room for growth, so this is an acceptable trade. Bumped that up to ~86%. For set placement, don't be afraid of doing a 5-piece of a specific set if it gets you a solid global bonus that warrants the loss of a few points of damage from a proc. The Armageddon and Hecatomb, at 5, gives you 20% Global Rech, that's too good to pass up (imo), and depending on which ability you look at, the shift in value was a minor point loss, and a minor point gain.

I traded Weave for Maneuvers, if you're on a team that's got good support and already running a bunch of Leadership toggles, it's a better choice to pitch-in with than Weave (which you'd never use). Also, are you comfortable not having an actual travel power?

This is what I came up with:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), PrfZng-Dam%(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(11)
Level 4: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Dmg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), PrfZng-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), TchofDth-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(31), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33)
Level 14: Radiation Therapy -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Erd-%Dam(31), Obl-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), TchoftheN-%Dam(34), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(34)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Absorb%(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 28: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(45)
Level 30: Beta Decay -- EndRdx-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 32: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Apc-Dam%(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Energy Transfer -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(48), PrfZng-Dam%(50), TchofDth-Dam%(50), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1460;710;1420;HEX;|
		|78DA6554594F135114BEB733055B4A4B2D4B91B52C5DA174A20FC68DA8A089D0848|
		|8F1B599C0B54CA86D332D89C427131397B88089F12FA80FFE025FFC01BE1A8D4FBE|
		|A1029AB83F98F130E713483AE9F4CBD9BEFB9D33F7DEFCB5A9C08BF33726850C9C2|
		|D99B55AE192595E56B6376F16AD05B1F334D3DBCFDEC294BAA2CA3595BD682E5A66|
		|DDAA940BA7EDAB15BB1BE1BC2A29959D2E2BBBB8CA8608CC552AA5ECAC32AB56B9D|
		|8EA1AE7ACE2529D2CBF6BCD57955A0CFDCF5A54766DC9AA764D57AD85EC197BA5AE|
		|0AF3959552216FD6EACA5E8D929638BD7713F42777D4395EF15D13C2D085E707F02|
		|7A3FE0BF89BB1E90FE301FFBEDA3788D53C1C7B8B9C778CFE65C1F89EED97292AE5|
		|5A8F7CC4358127C05314E8D3858FF835C1FC1AEA8319CE09C619DBD2C014E3C124A|
		|39F6ABDA8F5DED439768BB1FD36105A3BC1DD59204CE8E21ECDA419DA9A31932866|
		|12C50C3AE963FA985FF37548D7D73FC3B1FE6F8C89BFC2EDE33EF1B580AF05F587C|
		|03B08DE0794D3EA0ED3F1B64E8267DBE3D60F0AE45E679DB128DBB13BDC47807A0D|
		|A1D7D031EE29769471F838101CC327D91E39C1B846EB86F10DC31B9C33F211F8893|
		|1FE19B805DC6494348308AF2B220E3D42234F073AED408709749840E74394D3C539|
		|B22BC31DA580EBA4A61B6ABAD17D0ACA53E83EDDA4B9FEF46B8AB7137E603B4853E|
		|86135B2077C63CFB8CB87C4DBE76E3747F6C5107B45B108ED0AD233C06B8A01C416|
		|887208131D7ACA531E7BCE383EC67AC60DE61EDF609D1339B643A46314B5A36B5C3|
		|3B10E7CCC6860E719D87106766084B424A125092DEDE4CB60CA19ECB4165A230B5F|
		|165C61CACBC197435EAF2EF038F4DBF942297DF7CC3AE98668AEC16334780E37788|
		|E347866F756A163C2FAE674B8C827C304BA267C6DBB27DCD9F2EFDE08424638FEC5|
		|BFEF9688E1E45C90EECC7A2F738FDBFBEB825CF775CF27256E955EDC3233C46D600|
		|2FF00BE17DFA3|

And then, shortly after I exported the code I realized Barrage was turned on, boosting your resistance based on the Might of the Tanker proc, and was like "Aw crap." Told you, foggy brain. So I shifted a few things again and took that out of the equation and got you close to 90% Cap on quite a few things without the proc being active, and that's this build:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 4: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Dmg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), PrfZng-Dam%(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), TchofDth-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 28: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(45)
Level 30: Beta Decay -- EndRdx-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 32: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Energy Transfer -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(48), PrfZng-Dam%(50), TchofDth-Dam%(50), Mk'Bit-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

|MxDz;1460;710;1420;HEX;|
		|78DA6554594F135114BEB733055B4A4B2D4B91B52C5DA174A20FC68DA8A089D0848|
		|8F1B599C0B54CA86D332D89C427131397B88089F12FA80FFE025FFC01BE1A8D4FBE|
		|A1029AB83F98F130E713483AE9F4CBD9BEFB9D33F7DEFCB5A9C08BF33726850C9C2|
		|D99B55AE192595E56B6376F16AD05B1F334D3DBCFDEC294BAA2CA3595BD682E5A66|
		|DDAA940BA7EDAB15BB1BE1BC2A29959D2E2BBBB8CA8608CC552AA5ECAC32AB56B9D|
		|8EA1AE7ACE2529D2CBF6BCD57955A0CFDCF5A54766DC9AA764D57AD85EC197BA5AE|
		|0AF3959552216FD6EACA5E8D929638BD7713F42777D4395EF15D13C2D085E707F02|
		|7A3FE0BF89BB1E90FE301FFBEDA3788D53C1C7B8B9C778CFE65C1F89EED97292AE5|
		|5A8F7CC4358127C05314E8D3858FF835C1FC1AEA8319CE09C619DBD2C014E3C124A|
		|39F6ABDA8F5DED439768BB1FD36105A3BC1DD59204CE8E21ECDA419DA9A31932866|
		|12C50C3AE963FA985FF37548D7D73FC3B1FE6F8C89BFC2EDE33EF1B580AF05F587C|
		|03B08DE0794D3EA0ED3F1B64E8267DBE3D60F0AE45E679DB128DBB13BDC47807A0D|
		|A1D7D031EE29769471F838101CC327D91E39C1B846EB86F10DC31B9C33F211F8893|
		|1FE19B805DC6494348308AF2B220E3D42234F073AED408709749840E74394D3C539|
		|B22BC31DA580EBA4A61B6ABAD17D0ACA53E83EDDA4B9FEF46B8AB7137E603B4853E|
		|86135B2077C63CFB8CB87C4DBE76E3747F6C5107B45B108ED0AD233C06B8A01C416|
		|887208131D7ACA531E7BCE383EC67AC60DE61EDF609D1339B643A46314B5A36B5C3|
		|3B10E7CCC6860E719D87106766084B424A125092DEDE4CB60CA19ECB4165A230B5F|
		|165C61CACBC197435EAF2EF038F4DBF942297DF7CC3AE98668AEC16334780E37788|
		|E347866F756A163C2FAE674B8C827C304BA267C6DBB27DCD9F2EFDE08424638FEC5|
		|BFEF9688E1E45C90EECC7A2F738FDBFBEB825CF775CF27256E955EDC3233C46D600|
		|2FF00BE17DFA3|

Edit: I wanted to add in, don't take these builds as the gospel of what you have to do, these are just tweaks I would personally make, and you can definitely continue forward with what you planned if those choices are more in line with what you want out of the build. At this stage it really is just a min/max approach. Have fun with what you're playing 🙂

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lancek said:

Are there any procs that make Touch of Fear better?

Two (Three for Tankers) damage procs and a handful of status afflicting procs (disorient, recovery debuff, recharge debuff, +to-hit chance).

Thanks! Sir Myshkin

After a full day of testing, I thought your build was better.

And I didn't realize.

the damage to the tanker in mid's build is wrong

There's a huge gap between program and reality

Almost 20 percent of the  damage is lower than it really is.

I would like to modify the database, but I think it's hardl to do it manually.

Anyway, the tanker is much stronger than it looks

and proc is certainly makes him a monster

i love it

Edited by SaMaGui

Yeah, the planner hasn't been modified for the Tanker patch at all.

It isn't that hard to do manually, but it is quite tedious.

Options->Advanced->Database Editor->Main Database Editor

Tanker Melee->pick a set->pick a power->Edit (or double click)

switch to Effects tab (3rd tab)->find XX damage to target (to critter) entries->Edit (or double click)

The only field to modify is the Scale section, leave the rest alone.  I usually open up the game and go into the character creator, pick the same powerset, set the slider to level 50 and then tab back and forth, modifying the scale until it it matches the damage listed in game.

Once done, save your way back out and reload the build (or just close and reload planner).  Doing for any one powerset doesn't take too long, but doing it for several can be a pain.  I usually just fix ones I'm looking at at any given time.

PS.  There are many other ATs powersets where the numbers don't line up.  Dominators have several due to patches, too.  It is always worth double checking them in the character creator vs just trusting the numbers in the planner.

Since no one's talked about it much yet, how does this look for Katana?  Invuln/Katana, specifically.

I kinda split the difference between Proc Monster (Sting, Flashing, Lotus, and Golden) while also building for Defense softcap and Psi resistance with 1 enemy in range.  Tough I wound up not needing turned on, so I muled it.  Dull Pain hurt not to slot, but I needed the slots in Dragon's Roar for that extra 3.13% Fire/Ice Defense.  I muled Dull Pain with Preventive Medicine figuring I could at least get a solid +Absorb out of it.

Invuln/Katana

Edited by SableShrike

20 hours ago, SableShrike said:

I kinda split the difference between Proc Monster (Sting, Flashing, Lotus, and Golden) while also building for Defense softcap and Psi resistance with 1 enemy in range.

Proc Monster builds are very forgiving to the idea of "being" or "not being" a proc build. The moment you start mixing and hunting set bonuses in the attacks, it takes away from the intent. Unless you were trying to get something that could exist at iCap while still having some potential extra output, Invuln takes care of itself pretty sufficiently if you just accept relying on its tools to do so. There's also the fact it can hit resist cap on S/L, so chasing S/L Def isn't really necessary in the first place, but is also something Invuln can end up padding on its own (and is just one more set bonus to pointless chase for "extra"). You saw yourself how there's a bit of a struggle in trying to piece all aspects together.

The other key thing that makes this idea work is supplementing your recharge with global bonuses and Hasten to keep the tight nit attack chains/cycles that we give up by not slotting recharge enhancement. That has to be present, otherwise you're sitting on large gaps of time, incomplete chains, and a real struggle to deal with harder targets efficiently.

Given that, if you mess with the slotting dynamic a bit... Ignore slotting order as I just pulled my Invuln template and tossed Katana into it and used the 8 floater slots to fulfill the S/L and Psi parts, you can end up with this:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Invulnerability
Secondary Power Set: Katana
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-Psi/Status(43), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(36)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(13), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 4: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(7), Prv-Absorb%(9)
Level 6: Resist Elements -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(11), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 8: Unyielding -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(9), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(15), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(23), ImpArm-ResPsi(50), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 14: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(31)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Flashing Steel -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Erd-%Dam(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Obl-%Dam(37), ScrDrv-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Dragon's Roar -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 32: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 35: The Lotus Drops -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(40), Obl-%Dam(40)
Level 38: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Soaring Dragon -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 44: Golden Dragonfly -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1430;683;1366;HEX;|
		|78DA6594DB4E13511486F7B453A1A507CA5828505A2887D2D69656F04EE542D0203|
		|421D178DB8CB02D139BD2B4D548BCF20D1435DE788A8911D0F8025EF900DE78465F|
		|C00305131FA0AE99F583C699B4FD66FEBDF75AFF5E6B4F0BD766BC2FCFDC98168AF|
		|75459AFD78BE7F5CA65597315F492B124CCAB8DBE51568B33F292ACD46576AE72F5|
		|4AB9226BFA45A36C34D6340C176459CAECBCDED02BBA082CAEAE96B30B525F96B5F|
		|A8A51F558CFE7AA522EFBACDBD34669A561544ADEFD89557AD066ABC65276966297|
		|D68A05BDDE90B5B5303918A5EF5B37FD28A6A79643F4D0CD802A52C78879556492C|
		|4842A9E2604AE964B7C745A63DE6DE6D017F02BF8C66171F8355153C53B8AAF707C|
		|5599E2B88E1C38C9F4E6991349CEFF9ED638798DCBF98DE3AADFC11FCC433FC11D6|
		|67B93F981D6BA90CF1567FF9E287330C69CC0BEF243CC5749EA086AD07692A03A45|
		|3BB83F37482D73C3933BC47E3BFD608079D8037630BB7DCC4FE4A9039E3AE0C90F4|
		|FDDF094FFCF9346F97CBC46F13D316BEA16D10D669CC602DC0F2590169616063F53|
		|AEA055F0961A84CFAE5DAE4DD71E333CCF8CFE662A144FE378426BD1259CA484A08|
		|48EA2F2A4F5A04A3D883CD8096ACC6DCADE8B2AF5624E1FAAD4872A4550A508AA14|
		|45959ED129EBC729EB6F3AAC9330BC03EE32471EAAD6DC11C19E46AE0B8B1BB4760|
		|07E07EA7C0237498BA14AB134CF1BDBE4B12D1A8B2357FC386B632740E44E207702|
		|B913C8F9C8C96F8E996B14719F53BC71C41BBFC91E93B7C075F036337507BCCB7C4|
		|16BD3589BBECFDA9107E06310B933D86F669A9FB77C4264B9DE227B16278AFA9483|
		|96430F22EAC11B4C1FB3C349F5E0BD6FA56CA3399B92B729933665CAA62CD894451|
		|56949512CC5DD29CCDD594E9A9E837F0B8CEEFD5514658877EDB9C0BBDAB5CDFEF5|
		|EFEC75EEA7FF1EF30F8296E241|

I found that build a bit unsettling from a proc standpoint, however, and corrected it to the following one. It does not hit 45% without at least 5 targets in radius, but it does support a decent base line without diving into additional sets, and all of the attacks are kept (relatively) "pure" for procs. Accuracy for the build is also settled at 5 targets for +4 under Invincibility.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Invulnerability
Secondary Power Set: Katana
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(36)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(3), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(13), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ags-Psi/Status(48)
Level 4: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(7), Prv-Absorb%(9)
Level 6: Resist Elements -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(11), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 8: Unyielding -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(9), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(15), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(23), ImpArm-ResPsi(50), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 14: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(31)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Flashing Steel -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(36), Obl-%Dam(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Dragon's Roar -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 32: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 35: The Lotus Drops -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 38: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Soaring Dragon -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dam%(42), GldStr-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 44: Golden Dragonfly -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(45), Obl-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
------------

|MxDz;1430;689;1378;HEX;|
		|78DA65945B4F135110C7CFB65BA1A557D6D272694B6BA137282DE09BCA83A051684|
		|2A2F195AC702C1B9BD2B4D5487C32D1C447C38B2FDE626204347E019FFC00BE7847|
		|BF80378A891FA04E77FEA071376D7FBB336766FE67E66C4BD766DD2F4EDF98118AF|
		|B64456F3496CEEBD5CBB2EE28E965635974AE2EFA46D9BA342B2FC96A43E6CF54AF|
		|5EA954655DBF68548CE6BA06774956A4CCCFEB4DBDAA0BDFE2DA5A25BF20F515596|
		|FAC1A3597F97CAE26E58AC7BC3D6594579B46B5ECDE5F58A3076DAE662CE7E72877|
		|797DA9A4379AB2BE1E260523F47DE3A41FA5A3A9AD8810DD4454319E21A654F1242|
		|570B51DE2835D88A22ADC3BCCF867F00BF8DA66F2C82BA2A68AB79457E1BC0E655A|
		|317DB60238C5741799D949E6C451AEFF8E62ED88B57FE5FCEA37F03BF3D00FF027B|
		|37B97F99E621D1CAB3A12BC0F5794391C634E607FC538F3658626C231B6AE1304D5|
		|2EBAC1FDB5011A99139A9C41D6EBF7823EE66117D8C3ECF3303F92A61E68EA81262|
		|F34F54153F13F4D1AD5F3602E9EC79DDE3A45749399209F0F3E5F4E98B630F8896A|
		|051487592B009DBD2DEE4DEF1E333CCF8CFE662A944FE3390BAD4D97B09325084B7|
		|0129D275B085D0A21F3B01FD4983B54BD1F5DEAC79A017469005D1A429786D0A528|
		|BAF4944EDB204EDBE003954FD3319CAAE3CCA4602D499CB6E4235EB749B111E88D3|
		|4D8B745B618DB9498D91D558C6EB16F9B7C09D44ADCE41CA3B741D4485DE798146A|
		|A55A36F3743EB4F39BD3A93582BCCF285F1AFB4EDFE13C990D30C7F19934E7CD225|
		|FF616F339C5E6A025778F63C6EE83583B064DE3D0343EC3CFDB1E21F25C57E4CFE2|
		|44D19C0AB015308321F5E04DA64F67C219F5E0BD6F672DDE82C552B458A62C96698|
		|B65C162595451962C8A6971FA456777A6925DD7C1BF06BC7B7F2D8A12E75DBB2EF0|
		|AE5A96D5BFFE5DBDC1BDF3DE65FE01BB61E0DC|

Edited by Sir Myshkin
Clarity and Second Build

4 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Be quick about it.

I dunno, I'd almost rather wait until after it goes live to break it, that way there's no tacksies backsies 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1