Hypothetical Scenario If the Deal Succeeds

Abraxus

34 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

For example, saw someone in chat have a meltdown after hitting 50 that they had to do all this 'complicated work' to gain Incarnate powers.

Interesting.  Lately, when I see someone talking about Incarnate stuff, I refer them to the excellent guides poster here that go over it in better detail than I could provide.  Then, I also recommend they hit the Beta server, create a character, level them to 50 instantly, then craft any Incarnate powers they still wonder about in mere seconds, and actually try them out on the spot!  I did this myself on T4 powers I had never taken, but was curious about.  As soon as it was done, I went and found a mob to devastate with this new power, and see if it was what I envisioned.  If so, then I could shoot for it on the Live server.  If not, I knew I wasn't missing anything, and wouldn't waste my time or resources pursuing it.

That is a demo you just can't duplicate on the Mids Hero Builder. 😎

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

22 hours ago, Abraxus said:

Interesting.  Lately, when I see someone talking about Incarnate stuff, I refer them to the excellent guides poster here that go over it in better detail than I could provide.  Then, I also recommend they hit the Beta server, create a character, level them to 50 instantly, then craft any Incarnate powers they still wonder about in mere seconds, and actually try them out on the spot!  I did this myself on T4 powers I had never taken, but was curious about.  As soon as it was done, I went and found a mob to devastate with this new power, and see if it was what I envisioned.  If so, then I could shoot for it on the Live server.  If not, I knew I wasn't missing anything, and wouldn't waste my time or resources pursuing it.

That is a demo you just can't duplicate on the Mids Hero Builder. 😎

TBH, IMO, asking in-game is already a red-flag for me.

If someone has access to the game, they have access to the Internet and therefore all the data they need, rather than having others stop playing to tell someone how to play.

Add to that, as you mention, the ability to test anything in game by either choosing it and respeccing or on the test server, having all of the data on the powers is in the game, and any in-game requests for such data become even more cumbersome on other players. 

When I am in the game, I am there to play, not teach others how the rules work, or ask others to stop playing to do so for me.

I find the 'baby birds' that want it all 'laid out in a row' to be more annoyingly lazy than anything.

Just my PoV.

*shrug*

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

TBH, IMO, asking in-game is already a red-flag for me.

If someone has access to the game, they have access to the Internet and therefore all the data they need, rather than having others stop playing to tell someone how to play.

Add to that, as you mention, the ability to test anything in game by either choosing it and respeccing or on the test server, having all of the data on the powers is in the game, and any in-game requests for such data become even more cumbersome on other players. 

When I am in the game, I am there to play, not teach others how the rules work, or ask others to stop playing to do so for me.

I find the 'baby birds' that want it all 'laid out in a row' to be more annoyingly lazy than anything.

Just my PoV.

*shrug*

Well, to be clear, when I speak of folks asking about Incarnate stuff, it's typically here in the forum, or in Discord.  I don't get a lot of chatter in-game asking for complex information.  I know it happens, but I have not personally encountered that situation much.

Edited by Abraxus

Just now, Abraxus said:

Well, to be clear, when I say speak of folks asking about Incarnate stuff, it's typically here in the forum, or in Discord.  I don't get a lot of chatter in-game asking for complex information.  I know it happens, but I have not personally encountered that situation much.

With success will come all of the good and bad aspects of this.

It just 'is'.

If everyone is welcome to play, we will get the good and the bad.

My issue is really far more based on humans taking personal responsibility over just having everyone else expend effort for them.

It is not something, IMO, that will ever go away and will rise exponentially if the floodgates open.

One of the prices to be paid for success.

I don't mind posting a link to point someone to a place where they can educate themselves, but that is usually the extent of my spoon-feeding.  The exception to that would be if I know someone wanting to get into the game, especially if they have never played an MMO at all, and they obviously need some extra help.  Then I will take time to tutor them until they understand enough of the basics to have fun, and become more independent. 

I actually had to do that for one of the players in my Super Group who was struggling to keep up, and was constantly lost.  I remembered all to clearly the very first time I logged into the game, after the thrill of spending 2 hours in the character creator on my first toon, the finally connecting with my friends who were Everquest veterans, and already knew the basics, for some team play.  They seemed to be moving around maps, and missions effortlessly, and I was silently going out of my mind trying to quickly assimilate the knowledge, and techniques required for basic play.  I finally got it, but only after weeks of anxiety filled playtime with them, that should have been fun. 

So, I made a special effort to take this individual, who reminded me so much of myself in his lack of prior experience with MMO gaming, and spent three hours one day, walking him through the tutorial, and the basics of the game.  It was gratifying to help someone who desperately wanted to play with the group, and even more, wanted to have fun while doing that. 

All that said, it's not something I'd be willing to do for just anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, GM Widower said:

We do believe that a deal would result in quite a large influx of new players, yes.

One thing that would really have to happen for that to come to be is that there would have to be some kind of advertising on the web, gaming magazines, sites and other forms to let people know that the game is back and how they can go about getting on it.