Fire / Fire / Fire - Dom all the Best IO's

Cyrickain13

Hi,

1) 2,19 recovery for 1,6 endurance drain with only Victory rush, aim  for ageless recovery or condider Consume

2) going so high in ranged defense without achieving the soft cap is a waste to me : Imo, or you reach 45 or you dont slot any defense.

3) No hasten : you dont try to perma hasten so no Perma Domination. For a half billion build. Not worth to me.

4) No Hard controls : A dominator without hard controls (holds / stun) is useless : if you want to do a fire damage theme toon go try a fire fire fire BLASTER.

Edited by Tsuko
typos, sorry for my rusty english
  • Like 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, Tsuko said:

Hi,

1) 2,19 recovery for 1,6 endurance drain with only Victory rush, aim  for ageless recovery or condider Consume

2) going so high in ranged defense without achieving the soft cap is a waste to me : Imo, or you reach 45 or you dont slot any defense.

3) No hasten : you dont try to perma hasten so no Perma Domination. For a half billion build. Not worth to me.

4) No Hard controls : A dominator without hard controls (holds / stun) is useless : if you want to do a fire damage theme toon go try a fire fire fire BLASTER.

Thank you for the input:

1. Guess you are talking about not having enough END recovery vs the amount of END spent on toggles

2. 45% is the soft cap for ranged? - I find that I don't die as much with some defense

3. I just noticed that redoing my pines to fix that (still not sure what % I need to be at for haste)

4. I have Ring of Fire (hold), Fire cages - AOE Hold, Flashfire - AOE slow disorientate - Plus Smoke AOE - To Hit Debuff

16 minutes ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Thank you for the input:

1. Guess you are talking about not having enough END recovery vs the amount of END spent on toggles

2. 45% is the soft cap for ranged? - I find that I don't die as much with some defense

3. I just noticed that redoing my pines to fix that (still not sure what % I need to be at for haste)

4. I have Ring of Fire (hold), Fire cages - AOE Hold, Flashfire - AOE slow disorientate - Plus Smoke AOE - To Hit Debuff

1) yes, cause i see no tool for endurance management : Dominators are spammy AT and endurance is often an issue. Consume, Power sink in Mu mastery, Aid Self with field medic and Ageless incarnate can all help you.

2) 45% is the soft cap yes, and if you can play without its fine 🙂 just that if you have it, you could handle +4 content.

3) Some AT could live without hasten but perma hasten (or very close with some Force Feedback + recharge) allow you to reuse Domination before it ends (allowing easier endurance management) and staying in "god mode" : the Destiny incarnate Ageless is priceless to help to achieve this.

4) Ring of fire / fire cages are awesome for dps : but they are Immobilise powers not hold : they just forbid movement, not action. Flashfire was not in the main topic and Smoke tohit debuff is not that big if you face strong enemies.

On side note too, bonfire used on enemies immobilised by fire cages (to negate KB) is the highest power in DPA (Damage Per Activation) you can have in fire control.

I think you based build can be cool and fun to play but if you really cant to invest almost half a billion, you just could have more for your infamy 🙂

• Like 2

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, Tsuko said:

Maybe you are right - rolled one up on Justin and its quite a bit of fun.

I think I have been playing a Domster….(Dominator/Blaster)?

1. Typical Attack string AoE - Smoke - Fire Cages - Pyro Incarnate Fireball - Fireball - Imps clean the rest.

2. Single target string - 1. smoke 2. Fire Cages 3. Blazing Bolt - 4. Flares 5. Fire Blast - 6. Blaze - Imps clean the rest.

Edited by Cyrickain13
added line

Had a level 50+ Fire/Psi dom back in the day.  

Overall (as long as you put Flashfire back), the build doesn't look bad.  I used  FlashFire + Fire Cages  to keep mobs stunned, and in place.  And if they stay in place you're free to unleash your AoE's on them. Plus they can't fire back.

Good luck. 

• 1 month later
On 9/2/2019 at 10:42 AM, Tsuko said:

On side note too, bonfire used on enemies immobilised by fire cages (to negate KB) is the highest power in DPA (Damage Per Activation) you can have in fire 

That is a great idea. I had pretty much decided I was going to drop Bonfire as the KB annoys me and I didn't feel like slotting the KB>KD IO in there. 

I'll reconsider and see how it plays out. 

Thanks bunches and happy hunting. 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, Sakai said:

That is a great idea. I had pretty much decided I was going to drop Bonfire as the KB annoys me and I didn't feel like slotting the KB>KD IO in there. 

I'll reconsider and see how it plays out. 

Thanks bunches and happy hunting. 

Just be careful, one miss of Fire Cages and Bonfire will send a mob flying across the stratosphere lol.

• 3 weeks later
On 10/20/2019 at 12:48 AM, Tater Todd said:

Just be careful, one miss of Fire Cages and Bonfire will send a mob flying across the stratosphere lol.

Take bonfire and put a kb->KD slot in its single slot. That's all you need to never worry about scatter again. On a high recharge build bonfire will be up every mob without the need for further slotting. 

Also no hotfeet? This is a good source of damage but I agree with the above responses on needing a tool outside of domination to refill your blue bar if you choose to take it. Enemies that are hit by flashfire are gonna be too stunned to scatter from hot feet and if you throw a bonfire down as well they won't be going anywhere. Fire cages or not.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, Sakai said:

Was thinking about this the other day. Does Hot Feet help my Domination build?

Hot Feet adds soft control and can be turned into soft control with KD if you slot the Avalanche proc.  Hot Feet also adds a ton of damage if it has the right procs loaded in it.

That's about it though.

1 minute ago, Tater Todd said:

Hot Feet adds soft control and can be turned into soft control with KD if you slot the Avalanche proc.  Hot Feet also adds a ton of damage if it has the right procs loaded in it.

That's about it though.

Avalanche Pric you say. That's a good trick. 

I do like Procs in there. 

Thanks bunches. 

Honestly I said this multiple times. As a dom trying to focus on having higher defense and resistance is a waste of build. I know everyone has difference playstyle and i respect that. but answer me this. What good is all that resistance will help when you have them locked down in the first place? You really should be focusing on the important stuff which is strengthening your mezzs and working on permadom. With you doing that it will also increase hitpoints/end use/ and damage. 

With a fire dom you have three pets that's going to do your melee damage and they're pretty good. Slot for recharge and they will be up and running even if taken down. What more you skipped all the melee attacks or attacks that would put you in close range of an enemy so why even focus on resist and def? You're gimping yourself by not permadoming (and again I understand everyone has their own style of play, but permadoms is what makes us gods on the battlefield) Your end use is bad. Looking at your numbers within a second rotation of your chains you should be low on end.

Progressively this game has moved past strategic gameplay and is morely a dps game. Corrs/blasts/scrapp are going to eat through most of the stuff you even begin to laydown.  So trying to make a damage build is going to greatly put you behind them.

Not sure why you skipped char and took ring of fire when your aoe immob has the same mag as the single target. Not to mention putting the fiery orb proc you have been better since you can put it in position to hit multiple targets as opposed to one enemy. Looking at your build your single target immob is one sec slower than the aoe. I'm not sure if you have any experience with that proc (fiery orb) but it fires off a lot and will greatly supplement the dps with your imps had you just slotted it in fire cages.

You skipped bonfire/cinders/flashfire? Ok at this point you're not a dom because your crowd control is done. Why not just roll a fire/fire/fire blaster? You would do far more dps than this build. 

You took hover what's the point in aiming for kb protection?  I am really lost here. Hover won't allow for you to be knocked back just makes you do a silly flip. Also perma doms don't worry about kb.

I wish you the best of luck with this build but honestly you defeat the purpose of being a dom.

PS put some health procs in health and an an end proc stamina.

Edited by mbre2006
  • Like 1

• 3 years later

I have played many different dominators. I like the set because of it holds and damage. For the life of me my fire fire fire dom is the hardest to slot and build in my opinion. I love his theme and look. I just can’t seem to figure out his issues. I think the hardest part on this dominator is endurance and recharge. 

1 hour ago, Spectre7878 said:

I have played many different dominators. I like the set because of it holds and damage. For the life of me my fire fire fire dom is the hardest to slot and build in my opinion. I love his theme and look. I just can’t seem to figure out his issues. I think the hardest part on this dominator is endurance and recharge. 

Too much of a Good Thing.

While you'd think a solid Fire^ setup would be immensely one-note (and subject to enemies aimed right for such builds, it isn't.  Or at least not BADLY.

Conversely, you have so many options on how to go, and never enough slots.

This can lead to build paralysis and the need make tradeoffs you may not feel totally comfortable with.

Congrats!  You're a min-maxer! 
😁

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

The build I tried to make on mids of him was not great at all. I don’t want to give up on him. Just hate to be force to take powers so i can achieve Premadom. I wish there were better sets that help with doms endurance and overall recharge beside luck of the gambler

• 2 weeks later

Also smoke seems like a pointless power in a controlled set. I feel like there is a hole missing in the ape control powers. I want to like this build but I feel something is missing. If hotfeet is supposed to be a hold power the the endurance should be lowered. That’s just my opinion 

20 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

If hotfeet is supposed to be a hold power the the endurance should be lowered.

Hotfeet is a slow and damage toggle. (I slot A/D/E and KD proc from Avalanche for the 15 slow resists, A/D/E, S/E from Ice Mistrals - really wish for 2 more slots for another 10 slow resist). Maxes slow to cap, good endurance reduction, decent accuracy with global bonuses, and max damage with Incarantes. Cinders is the PBAoE hold; Char the single target hold.

Get a spawn bunched up -> Flashfire for stun -> bonfire with KD proc -> Fire Cages to keep ‘em in place -> run in and let Hot Feet (and Imps if you took them) eat the minions and lieutenants, Consume to boost recovery and refuel endurance while AoEing and targeting bosses.

Cinders is more an emergency power if Flashfire misses too many or if adds come before Flashfire recharges. Fire really leans on Flashfire as its “every spawn” hard control.

20 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

Also smoke seems like a pointless power in a controlled set.

Smoke is skippable. Has a use, like if two groups are close together. Smoke group 2 while taking care of group 1. I have taken it before to exemplar (currently also going back and forth on phase shift and rise of the phoenix) so I have another out of sticky situations, but it’s hardly a must-have power. 

It’s a fun combo. This was my first dom Live (though only made it to the mid teens) and first here. Certainly stick with it!

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

I will try to keep going with this character but I still feel there is a whole in the sets aoe holds smoke isn’t much control so it feels off

Smoke really isn't a "Control".
It's a ToHit Debuff

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Correct. It’s a power between fire cages and flash fire. Which doesn’t make sense in a control set. Smoke it more of defender/corruptor power. So fire control feels like it’s missing a aoe control of some sort. Flash fire is kind of slow to recharge so there is nothing in between to off set the lack of aoe control. I feel that smoke should do some sort of control, be stronger in its to hit de buff, or put a different fire aoe in the mix and make smoke a bonus effect on fire powers. It’s just an idea. I know nothing will change with it. 

Also hot feet endurance needs to be lowered it’s way to costly imo