Fire / Fire / Fire - Dom all the Best IO's

Cyrickain13

Fire control is balanced around hot feet. You are trading control for the best damage aura in the game. Arguably fire control is currently broken because you can put a KB2KD enhancement in bonfire. This puts the power on par with earthquake and ice slick. In combination with the fact that most immobs do not provent KD anymore, fire control actually has a lot more control than it did in the early days of COH 

7 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

Correct. It’s a power between fire cages and flash fire. Which doesn’t make sense in a control set. Smoke it more of defender/corruptor power. So fire control feels like it’s missing a aoe control of some sort. Flash fire is kind of slow to recharge so there is nothing in between to off set the lack of aoe control. I feel that smoke should do some sort of control, be stronger in its to hit de buff, or put a different fire aoe in the mix and make smoke a bonus effect on fire powers. It’s just an idea. I know nothing will change with it. 

Also hot feet endurance needs to be lowered it’s way to costly imo 

There are lots of controller sets with all sorts of different debuffs in their power sets.

A ToHit debuff is kinda nice when running solo.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, ... said:

Fire control is balanced around hot feet. You are trading control for the best damage aura in the game. Arguably fire control is currently broken because you can put a KB2KD enhancement in bonfire. This puts the power on par with earthquake and ice slick. In combination with the fact that most immobs do not provent KD anymore, fire control actually has a lot more control than it did in the early days of COH 

I'm going to argue that this is broken.

The efficacy of Fire's entire set has been a long known quantity.

The KB->KD was still implemented knowing this.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

I'm going to argue that this is broken.

The efficacy of Fire's entire set has been a long known quantity.

The KB->KD was still implemented knowing this.

I agree. Perhaps I should have said that fire control "was balanced" around hot feet. 

Also, I don't think the OG devs predicted how effective the OF KB to KD IO in bonfire would be. They really had to nerf it; some of the original videos are hilarious. 

That said, a lot has changed. Plant control, illusion control. Not the same meta anymore. 

Edited by ...
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ... said:

I agree. Perhaps I should have said that fire control "was balanced" around hot feet. 

Also, I don't think the OG devs predicted how effective the OF KB to KD IO in bonfire would be. They really had to nerf it; some of the original videos are hilarious. 

That said, a lot has changed. Plant control, illusion control. Not the same meta anymore. 

Yeah.  Bonfire's KB was just...a bit MUCH...

• 1 month later
On 4/29/2023 at 7:29 AM, Spectre7878 said:

Correct. It’s a power between fire cages and flash fire. Which doesn’t make sense in a control set. Smoke it more of defender/corruptor power. So fire control feels like it’s missing a aoe control of some sort. Flash fire is kind of slow to recharge so there is nothing in between to off set the lack of aoe control. I feel that smoke should do some sort of control, be stronger in its to hit de buff, or put a different fire aoe in the mix and make smoke a bonus effect on fire powers. It’s just an idea. I know nothing will change with it. 

Also hot feet endurance needs to be lowered it’s way to costly imo 

What level is your Fire Dom?

I feel like you need to read the power descriptions to learn what they actually do.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Fire_Control 

Fire has three good AoE controls:

Cinders - available at level 18 - PBAoE, Foe Hold. Holds all the foes around you.

Flashfire - Big ol' stun. Should be using this first thing on every spawn.

Bonfire - Big ol' knockback + damage field. Combine this with a +knockdown IO and/or Fire Cages to keep enemies from flying away and to maximize damage. Plus you can drop this in doorways or hallways to stop badguys from getting to you.

Smoke is a light control: you control your enemy's toHit and Perception. The best uses are when two spawns are close to each other you can blind one spawn with Smoke while fighting the other. Or if you're stealthing a mission you can use Smoke to blind the enemies near a glowie and click it without triggering aggro. (Just make sure you've turned off Hot Feet.) 

You can also 4-slot it with Dark Watcher's Despair for +5% Global Recharge bonus https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Sets_for_improving_To_Hit_Debuff

A couple IOs in Hot Feet will minimize its endurance cost and solve that problem. Or if you get perma-dom you get to refill your endurance bar so fast you rarely run out of endurance.