Update from the Homecoming Team (April 25th)

Jimmy

3,300 individual players and only need 2700 of them to donate 1 dollar a month.  Would Patreon be legal?

Why stop at $1 a month for server maintenance/upkeep.

Why not bump it and start on a second or third server

Seriously. If there is any way I or my wife can help we will. If you can take donations ( when you can get to that point) that will be amazing. Everything that has been done so far, deserves EVERYONES respect. You all that are working on this are amazing.

I'm an enterprise architect / solutions architect.  If there's any way I can assist please let me know.

Most of my expertise is in linux but I am also versed in monitoring, a moderate amount of windows stuff, virtualization, cloud infra, automation etc.

3,300 individual players and only need 2700 of them to donate 1 dollar a month.  Would Patreon be legal?

I SECOND that statement!

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some sort of sandwich!

I got dollars if ya want a few....

seriously.

I was willing to carry NLT 3 full accounts at Sunset.

Ask me for 15 dollars a WEEK and we are in.

Hell.

Ask me to fund...outright....a server rack/hardware purchase or percentage thereof....I'M IN.

I SECOND that statement!

Heck, when it all ended I was paying for four accounts (myself and three of my kids) simultaneously.  If this thing flies, no one is going to complain no matter how much it costs a month.  And I agree -- this is a dream come true, and one I did not think would ever happen.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and possibly my pocketbook!)

Thank you very much for the excellent, informative and clear update! Very reassuring. you are building a relationship with the playerbase, and that is impressive so quickly!

Of course everything you've (collectively) done so quickly is Monstrous level impressive.

Thank you to all the team and helpers.

You might be tired of personal testimonials by now, but there's a seven year dormant, seven year sad part of me that is happy, awake and just... glowing.

Wait. Sentinels?

Check your range archetypes and make a new hero....

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

First of all - I can't thank you all enough. But since that has been said 11 million times (and worth every one), I'll cut to the chase:

1. I'm an advanced Windows, MSVC++ and C# developer. I don't have a lot of free cycles, but I can help if there is a need - I can look at what is needed and I might be able to do bursts from time to time.

I am also a 3D modeler and understand game model formats, texturing, modeling, sculpting, rigging etc. I work in Blender, LightWave and Maya. My guess is that you have no need for that, since this is an existing game

server which is quite mature.

2. Even more important: My wife and I would like to setup a recurring donation. Please let us know just as soon as possible on how I can remit that to you.

3. Will this server build be published at some point as a private server build? I would be interested in running a private server for several reasons, including as a backup and also to understand the topology requirements.