Noob Brute questions

blizofoz45

DPS

-It sure feels like my DPS is better than the same build as a scrapper. True?

Regeneration

-Is this a viable solo secondary at high level? I didn’t feel like changing armors from fight to fight with the other secindarries.

-Does it make any sense to slot enhancements for Health when you have regeneration? Seems like a no-brainer since regen has a higher bonus value but I didn’t know if the two stacked.

Enhancements

-I know I need to build Fury quickly so I was wondering if the returns on faster recharge are more worthwhile than going all damage/accuracy?

DPS

-It sure feels like my DPS is better than the same build as a scrapper. True?

Regeneration

-Is this a viable solo secondary at high level? I didn’t feel like changing armors from fight to fight with the other secindarries.

-Does it make any sense to slot enhancements for Health when you have regeneration? Seems like a no-brainer since regen has a higher bonus value but I didn’t know if the two stacked.

Enhancements

-I know I need to build Fury quickly so I was wondering if the returns on faster recharge are more worthwhile than going all damage/accuracy?

1.)  DPS may well match or exceed a scrapper in the early going, as Fury can be a large damage buff, and noone is getting much from enhancements.  Midgame to Early-Endgame, the Scrapper will pull comfortably ahead, especially against bosses, due to increased crit chances.  I suspect but have not tested that once one is deep in IOs and Incarnate, the higher damage buff cap of the Brute will close the gap with the scrapper to some degree, especially with team buffs.

2.)  Solo on what difficulty settings?  'Standard' Difficulty, x1/+0?  Regen will be fine - but thats not a very high bar.  Reaching 'solos safely at x8/+4 difficulty' will likely be very hard for /regen - but Id expect doable with IOs and a plan.  (and also with Tough/Weave, maybe Combat Jumping for more Defense, pursuing defense through IOs and Incarnate stuff, etc.)  Im not going to be one to tell you to dump regen, but I think the Groupthink is that Willpower is slightly less regen than regen, with significantly more defense and resistance and less clicky-maintenance.

3.)  They stack, and you can never have too much +regen, but putting extra slots in health is probably very low priority - youll see more return on investment in killing things faster or taking less damage, at least initially.  Later, the pursuit of maximum self-healing, or specific IO set bonuses, may change this equation - but once your 50 and have run a few dozen trials and tanked a few of them, youll be in a position to know what you need for your playstyle better than anyone on a forum can tell you.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute