Flavour of the Month: Level 50

Cipher

11 hours ago, Xerius said:

It seems I should enjoy being unique (or maybe a glutton for punishment), as my duo seem to be rare.  I apparently have the only 50 Broad Sword / Fire Scrapper and one of only two Broad Sword / Ice Scrappers.

Congrats on the one off.

Cipher, do you think we could ever get a list of vet lvl 50+ or vet lvl 99 type dealy?  I'd be curious to see who continues to play these combos, especially some of the odder ones.

Edited by Thunder Frog
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, Dark Current said:

Why is darkness manipulation so unpopular on blasters?

Isn't that the only manip set that has a sustain that's an enemy-based click attack?  I think that puts a lot of people off.

Then again, based on what I'm seeing in the numbers, most people seem to be making their choices more off of theme or recreating an existing hero/villain, rather than based on an understanding of the mechanics of the set.  So who knows?  It seems like like dark sets are usually popular.  I haven't seen any Drizzt clones in this game though.

8 hours ago, carroto said:

It seems like like dark sets are usually popular.  I haven't seen any Drizzt clones in this game though.

DB isn't that popular of a set as it is a bit wonky with the combos and the ideal attack chain using none of them.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• City Council
19 hours ago, Thunder Frog said:

Congrats on the one off.

Cipher, do you think we could ever get a list of vet lvl 50+ or vet lvl 99 type dealy?  I'd be curious to see who continues to play these combos, especially some of the odder ones.

Sure this is something I can throw together; I was actually already contemplating this myself 🙂

• Like 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 9/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, carroto said:

It seems like like dark sets are usually popular.  I haven't seen any Drizzt clones in this game though.

I was going to make one as my next character XD But he is not going to be a dark/ or /dark anything since Drizzt is a Ranger. I know he can cast some racial cantrip level darkness orb spell and fairy fire but I don't think it's core to his persona. I was thinking a Dual Blade/Invul or /Willpower Brute would fit in more with his aesthetic, how he becomes "The Hunter" when he goes into his "lets cut up 50 goblins" mode in the books

On 9/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, Odhinn said:

Seems that the prevalence is indicative of how iconic the power set is as opposed to how good it is, the world's most iconic superhero is SS/Invul.

My hope is that the team will look at this and prioritize fixing rage given the size of the player base using the set and not conclude it isn't broken because it is popular.

Full Disclosure: I main Tank Invul/ SS , I just don't use rage.

Side Note: jubakumbi, you signature is so true.

Ignore @Hyperstrike and @nihilii they are the crazy ones, Rage needs to be fixed.  Just because people can (live with current rage), doesn't mean they should.

• Haha 2

Concerning the original post, you have to take straight numbers with a grain of salt. You don't see many spines/fire brutes running around simply because they are all solo farming in AE. I'm fairly sure EMP is so popular on Defenders because so many players make sure they have a pocket healer on their dual-box. A lot of the most popular builds to HAVE are not the most popular builds to PLAY. We would need significantly more information to find the most popular play-styles. For instance, my guess is most of the farming Brutes don't have anywhere near as many badges as someone who actually cares about the toon beyond "it makes me money." If you correlate the average number of badges earned, it may give you a better feel for how popular specific builds are in actual play, versus just having one.

3 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

I was going to make one as my next character XD But he is not going to be a dark/ or /dark anything since Drizzt is a Ranger. I know he can cast some racial cantrip level darkness orb spell and fairy fire but I don't think it's core to his persona. I was thinking a Dual Blade/Invul or /Willpower Brute would fit in more with his aesthetic, how he becomes "The Hunter" when he goes into his "lets cut up 50 goblins" mode in the books

It's been quite a while since I read any of those books but I seem to have an impression of him more as an agile finesse-based fighter.  Dodging attacks rather than standing and taking them.  So I'd think that Super Reflexes would be a better fit.  Maybe a Ninjitsu Scrapper, since that would emulate his ability to surround his enemies in darkness and strike them unguarded.

43 minutes ago, carroto said:

It's been quite a while since I read any of those books but I seem to have an impression of him more as an agile finesse-based fighter.  Dodging attacks rather than standing and taking them.  So I'd think that Super Reflexes would be a better fit.  Maybe a Ninjitsu Scrapper, since that would emulate his ability to surround his enemies in darkness and strike them unguarded.

You're right, he is more of a finesse type, I'll look into maybe making him SR. But Dual-Blades for sure !

43 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

You're right, he is more of a finesse type, I'll look into maybe making him SR. But Dual-Blades for sure !

He's easily SR.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, SlimPickens said:

Yeah because 999 out of the 1100 people who picked super strength find the mechanic broken and terrible they must all be wrong and clearly you are right. apparently not enjoying standing around for 10 seconds every minute in trade for mediocre performance is lazy. Just to be clear, I have hated rage since live, because -9999% damage should never be a mechanic in the game, and now with the -def penalty on top its just crap flavored icing on a poop flavored cake.

But anyways, we can agree to disagree in that thread. It is interesting to see the numbers on how many picked ss, I truly wonder how many actually play the toons still after hitting 50, and how many of those play without rage at all to avoid the badly thought out mechanics. I know I rarely if ever play mine anymore, and every time I do I think of how I could be playing one of the many fun characters I have instead and performing better to boot.

Cool animations, iconic powerset. Terrible +dam mechanic.

What a shame, really.

exaggerate much?

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It's funny seeing Sentinel Dual Pistols drop down the charts by a notable amount between the 30s and 40s and level 50. Being resisted by everything on an AT with meh damage is a real drag.

Inversely, it's impressive seeing how steady Dual Pistols/Martial stays on Blasters.

SS/Invuln being babby's first Superman seems to inflate the amount of both on Tankers to a hilarious degree even all the way up to level 50.

Poor Sonic Attack. Only ever appreciated for its debuffs, all the way to the very end.

No matter how much people want to act like Empathy ain't healz0rz, its big green numbers still cement it firmly as the go to for a strictly support focused Defender, even as other sets boast better debuffs, better damage boosting, AoE res/def buffs, etc.

I have an Assault Riffle/Traps that was an old main that I remade.  He's amazing and the proc potential for both pairings is huge!  In fact...I'm extremly shocked at how low Traps scored across almost all ATs that have it.  It's rubbing elbows with Trick Arrow and Sonic Res!  How is that possible lol.  Those three sets are monsters with procs.

lisa.jpg

On 9/26/2019 at 4:32 AM, DreadShinobi said:

What's the deal with the psi/ea stalkers? Is that the pvp thing of the month?

Yep.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, jubakumbi said:

It will be interesting to see some statistics on what combos get the most actual playtime per account.

Based on these charts, like 5 out of 10 people are running around as Spines/Fire, yet I have only seen like two while playing the game...

The number of character types only scratches the surface, these statistics will be really interesting over time!

Because the place they usually can be found it's so called "Firefarms"! They suck at normal content, but rock on specifically designed farm maps where enemies do only fire damage. Some players even AFK while their toons work.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, tjknight said:

I'm pretty shocked by the sheer dominance that Empathy has with Defenders. Like.. wow.  Also, in general how low powerful sets like Pain, Traps, Cold, Thermal, and Sonic rank  among the Defenders.  Inversely, Masterminds seem to make good use of sets that aren't as  popular for Defenders and Corruptors.

Because new to this game players often take Empathy with Defender trying to make a typical "Healer" build that is mandatory in another MMO's. On practive that Defender loses a lot of offensive power while being only slightly better than e.g. Corruptor with the same layout (Regen/Recovery aura, for lnstance, is as much powerful for Def & Corr).

On 9/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Cipher said:

After the Flavour of the Month: 4 months in stats thread went up, it quickly became clear that you all would like to have see the stats narrowed down to a few level ranges. This thread will contain the powerset statistics for each Archetype for characters that are level 50.

A tiny lil' request - on detailed charts, please, also print builds, those scored "0". (no one took them). Because it ends with builds with 1 player on them, it seems to be made automatically, but sentinel overall options =12*13=156, there's only 151 entries, so 5 of them probably scored 0, and due how lists are written currently it may be hard to spot what exact builds did that. Would be great to know, so ppl would try to make builds those haven't made by anyone yet.

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/