Scrapper Epics

subbacultchas

Are there any good ones to dip into for a pick or two? I see a lot of folks go power for conserve/physical perfection, but as /bio I think I've got end under control already. I've liked Water Spout on a lot of other characters, but don't know if it would just be silly for scrapper.

Suggestions? I'm Titan/Bio and at that level with 1-2 extra power picks left in the build.

Shadow Meld is a miniature version of Moment of Glory, very useful for mitigating alpha strikes. A snipe or an extra AoE is useful for some builds, although TW tends to not need any more attacks than it already has. The pet summons in patron pools can be fun.

I haven't used Water Spout mysefl, but with a KB to KD IO, it shouldn't be any more disruptive for a scrapper than any other AT.

I went with Blaze Mastery for Melt Armor and Fire Ball, although you have to waste a pick on Ring of Fire or Char.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

My default on Scrappers is Blaze; I grab Char/Fire Blast/Fire Ball.  The Debuff numbers on Melt Armor weren't high enough to really be worth taking IMO and Fire Blast is a nice ranged attack that recharges fairly quickly, something that's frequently useful as Scrappers tend to be range-challenged.  Char isn't much used but it's occasionally useful; I toss an Acc/Mez HO into it and call it good.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Shadow Meld alone can be incredible on anything that isn't pure defense. One of its most underrated benefits: while the activation stands at a lengthy 3 seconds, it doesn't root you. So you can activate it while you're moving from group to group, essentially getting a free defense buff out of incompressible downtime.

Due to the nature of TW, i prefer not using a Epic / patron and having all the TW powers slotted : it allows me to have the optimized single target rotation and a full conic rotation.

The taunt is mandatory cause i use my scrapper to "tank" TF in speedruns.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

2 hours ago, Tsuko said:

Due to the nature of TW, i prefer not using a Epic / patron and having all the TW powers slotted : it allows me to have the optimized single target rotation and a full conic rotation.

The taunt is mandatory cause i use my scrapper to "tank" TF in speedruns.

Same here, I run a TW/Bio and I have more than enough stuff to take care of between all the attacks from TW and the /Bio clickies, there just isn't any room in the rotation to put in an extra AoE considering there are already 3 cones and a PBAoE

On 9/1/2019 at 3:20 PM, Hopeling said:

I haven't used Water Spout mysefl, but with a KB to KD IO, it shouldn't be any more disruptive for a scrapper than any other AT.

FYI, waterspout doesn't need kb to kd. It does either kd or ku, I don't remember, but regardless it works as-is. I take waterspout and hibernate on any stalker or scrapper that I can. Waterspout does good damage against a single target or a clumped group and accepts two -res procs. Hibernate is possibly the safest "oh sh*t" button in game because it phases you while healing you and giving end recovery. The phase also allows you to shake off whatever debuffs might have gotten you in trouble. It's even more fun on stalkers because you pop out of hibernate back in hidden status for a crit.

• 2 weeks later

I am now a body only guy none of the others make sense I mean conserve power and Physical Perfection default slots. The issue with fireball and ball lighting is how long I have to wait for the aoe and for my dm/sd it was easier to take spring attack and get it at level 16 vs level 41 and i have it when i sidekick down. Most builds I have I could use more slots on my core powers so body it will be I guess.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 9/21/2019 at 8:30 PM, Xyzor said:

What is the group opinion of Mu Mastery? Is Ball Lightning comparable to Fireball?

Mu fits much better with my character concept and the -End stacks with the rest of me Electric Melee powers.

I have Ball Lightning on my brute and Fireball on my stalker and Fireball is the heavier hitter, but unless it crits it's not going to wipe out a whole spawn of mobs (but when it does crit, it crits hard because of stalker double build-up tricks).

Go with the one you like thematically.

Personally, I think Fireball is more fun because sometimes you just really need everything to be on fire, but I certainly get a lot of mileage out of Mu Mastery as well.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 9/21/2019 at 12:30 PM, Xyzor said:

What is the group opinion of Mu Mastery? Is Ball Lightning comparable to Fireball?

It deals less damage, but not by much. And it's still a 15-foot radius, 16-target AoE, so it's pretty good. The snipe is cool too. The other powers, eh.

If I feel like I am still hindered by endurance, Conserve Power/Physical Perfection. 

If that isn't an issue, Caltrops is available as a tier 1 pick, needs no slots, and is very useful as an extra trouble button.  Make a macro that targets yourself and you don't have to mess with fussy floor targeting to cast it at your own feet, which is where it's most useful. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Basic form is /macro name powexeclocation target "Power"

It's a godsend of a macro/bind, although I would not suggest removing the normal power from your tray. This macro won't show either whether the power is recharged, or the time remaining if you use timers. Plus some situations you will want a ground target aoe, as opposed to an enemy.

** I realized you need one to target you, not enemies. I think substituting self in for target should work, but I'd need to find the original bind options to make sure.

Edited by subbacultchas
  • Thanks 1

I am still all about that Water Spout life btw. I've used some of the other pools and liked both fireball (too heavy an investment) and ball lightning. But none of them bring the debuffs and utility in both single and aoe targets as Water Spout has for me (force feedback proc and 2 -res). 

And it looks pretty friggin cool.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, subbacultchas said:

Basic form is /macro name powexeclocation target "Power"

It's a godsend of a macro/bind, although I would not suggest removing the normal power from your tray. This macro won't show either whether the power is recharged, or the time remaining if you use timers. Plus some situations you will want a ground target aoe, as opposed to an enemy.

** I realized you need one to target you, not enemies. I think substituting self in for target should work, but I'd need to find the original bind options to make sure.

I think the actual form is target_self:

/macro prix powexec_location target_self "caltrops"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291