Fire/Fire Sentinel

Fedifensor

So, I’ve made a Fire/Fire Sentinel, and I’m sufficiently invested in the character that I don’t want to restart.  That said, I’m not sure what advantages Fire Armor brings to the table that I can’t get in other sets.  Anyone want to sing the virtues of Fire/Fire?

So I haven't specifically done a Fire/Fire Sentinel but in general the thing that Fire Armor brings to the table is Damage. Between Blazing Aura, Burn and Fiery Embrace Fire Armor adds more to your damage output than other Armor sets. Now the downside of that is that your defenses are weaker than most armor sets but Rise of the Phoenix means that once you do go down you can just get back up again (and hurt your foes in the process).

Defender Smash!

Fiery Aura for Sentinels doesn't have Blazing Aura or Fiery Embrace.  Here's the power list:

* Fire Shield (toggle, +RES Smash, Lethal, Fire, minor +RES cold, resist disorient

* Molten Embrace (toggle, +DMG, chance for Fire DoT on all attacks)

* Healing Flames (click, +Heal, +RES Toxic)

* Temperature Protection (passive, +RES Fire, minor +RES cold, resist slow)

* Plasma Shield (toggle, +RES Energy, Negative, Fire, resist sleep and hold)

* Consume (click, transfer Endurance, minor Fire dmg)

* Burn (click, create fire patch, remove immobilize, ground only)

* Cauterizing Blaze (toggle, healing every few seconds)

* Rise of the Phoenix (click, resurrect and major fire damage, limited invulnerability, no XP debt for 90 seconds)

I haven't gotten around to rolling Fire/Fire yet, still working on my Water/Nin and Ice/Ice. purely theoretical analysis of it though is that it should have the best damage output with Molten Embrace and Burn. none of the other secondaries have those tools. Also depending on what its like in practice Cauterizing Blaze is potentially a unique and great tool as well.

Having fun with Assault Rifles/Fire.

I think the point of Sentinels is trading in some range and damage for survivability.  I think the coolest things about /fire on Sentinel is Molten Embrace to add to your primary's damage, Rise of the Phoenix to prevent squad wipes, and Consume to keep your endurance topped off. 

Started a fire/fire sentinel and it’s great!  It’s exactly what I conceptualized.  I kept wanting a tank or a blaster fire/fire for this character but this fits much better.  With flying powers she seems unstoppable.  I know ranged powers are larger in terms of damage for players but is that true for NPCs?  It’s neat to fly up and put down the hurt while they run around confused.