Base Builders Cheat Sheet

Dunno then I have some files that don't seem to work properly either..they will work if I stand still, it can take a good few seconds before it starts playing..... though  if I move jump or type in chat music stops but only some files do this.

For example:

my thunderstruck.ogg plays fine, I can run around or _loop it and all works as its suppose to.

my amievil.ogg plays but if I move or jump poof music cuts off.

I have no idea why, they were both converted from flac to ogg with the same program too.

Silk, is there any difference in the length/size of the files that play and don't play? In other words, are the ones that don't play longer/larger files? I was wondering if there is a file limit...

Okay had some time to fiddle around today so ran some tests.

Testing if sound keep playing while running around, not looped and didn't listen to the whole song.

Using the command:  /sgmusic "name"

Songs that play and don't cut off while moving:

Back in Black ~ 14.7MB  4:17s

Damage Inc. ~ 18.7MB  5:30s

Devils Island ~  18MB  5:05s

Hook in Mouth ~ 16.3MB  4:40s

Paradise City ~  22.8MB  6:47s

Shoot to Thrill ~ 18.4MB  5:20s

Thunderstruck ~ 16.5MB  4:55s

Trapped Under Ice ~ 13.8MB 4:04s

Welcome Home ~ 20.6MB  6:28s

Welcome to the Jungle ~ 15.2MB  4:30s

Whiplash ~ 13.3MB  4:10s

You Shook Me ~ 12.4MB  3:32s

The Four Horsemen ~ 23.1MB  7:13s

Song plays but cuts off if I move:

Am I Evil ~ 26.7MB  7:50s

testmix ~ 107MB  31:20s

Could use more testing but if filesize has a limit I would guess it's between  23.1MB and 26.7MB or if length of song has a limit it would be between 7:13s and 7:50s.

Is there no command or feature to change the size of an object?

No.  There never was. 

Scaling was a running joke, as there are items that are super small, and items that are ridiculously huge.

And doorways... don't even get me started  lol

I could be wrong but I seem to recall there having been a way to select multiple items and a way to replicate a selected item. Anyone remember what the keys were for these.... or am I thinking the wrong game?

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I could be wrong but I seem to recall there having been a way to select multiple items and a way to replicate a selected item. Anyone remember what the keys were for these.... or am I thinking the wrong game?

I don't recall this ever being a thing, but according to Leandro's twitch stream last night, it's "on the list"

Adding this here...

can someone give me an idiot proof guide to building above/below the base - i can get out there but cant work out how to then add floors etc

1.  enable room clipping  (F3)

2.  fill a room section from top to bottom, creating a filled wall/pillar

3.  put things on top of the filled section... outside

tips:

You can place a large surface item on top of the section and put things on it.

Filling multiple sections makes for easier building/placing things on top.

You can clear the section back down to floors and ceilings after building what you want on top (so you can build inside again)

You can move your entrance teleporter to the top

You can set the inter-base tp points to go back and forth between inside and outside

You can raise and lower items above and below the base... but you have to stay within the horizontal parameters of the actual plot.

You will need to use lamps & lights outside, as there is no ambient lighting... OR you can wait for the next patch that will allow you to enable outside ambient lighting.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of difficulty working through base building myself.  Certainly I appreciate everyone explanations and input and I've been able to work out some of it.  But I'm a pretty visual learner and maybe a little stupid so mostly what I'm getting for my effort is frustration.

Personally I'm scouring YouTube every day for a comprehensive instructional video.  Haven't found one yet that's remotely current.

So if anyone knows of a good one... or better yet can make one, I love to hear about it.

How do I make floating floors?  I dont wanna have to stack things again.  Is there a way to just vertically move them.  I dont get the hold for vertical movement.  I may be an idoit.

Left Click to highlight item (use shift + left click if it's under another item), in your case a "surface", then HOLD shift while LEFT CLICK and DRAG (hold the shift, hold the left click, drag mouse upwards or downwards).  They really should have included that crucial piece of info, huh?  It confused me too.  Make sure the item stays highlighted, if it slips off, it defaults to another item and THAT is what will be moving instead, which is aggravating as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm having a lot of difficulty working through base building myself.  Certainly I appreciate everyone explanations and input and I've been able to work out some of it.  But I'm a pretty visual learner and maybe a little stupid so mostly what I'm getting for my effort is frustration.

Personally I'm scouring YouTube every day for a comprehensive instructional video.  Haven't found one yet that's remotely current.

So if anyone knows of a good one... or better yet can make one, I love to hear about it.

From one of the Discord pins:  A series of short instructional gifs

https://imgur.com/a/y4X1fbQ

So if I've got this right, the extra base space we can utilize is little more than a rooftop deck?  No walls?  No ceiling?

And you can't use stairs to get to it, it must be a portal?

Unless I'm missing something, Meh.

So if I've got this right, the extra base space we can utilize is little more than a rooftop deck?  No walls?  No ceiling?

And you can't use stairs to get to it, it must be a portal?

Unless I'm missing something, Meh.

Yeah. Missing something. Here's a sample:

basebuild1.jpg

basebuild2.png

Both done using the new base building tools.

Your only limit is imagination.

• Like 2

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Nice stuff you got done there Kheprera!

Those are not my bases. They were built by others. Leandro shared them. There's more on his Twitch video that are just jaw dropping.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

I remember there being an option for duplicating a selected object as well, and I can't seem to find a key that still allows this function anymore.

I remember there being an option for duplicating a selected object as well, and I can't seem to find a key that still allows this function anymore.

I honestly don't remember there being a duplicate key or command.

In the days of stacking desks, I recall buying desks one at a time and placing them in a "pile" to work with.

If there were a duplicate function, the editor would have to know where/how to place your duplicates.  The way the editor works, that seems like it would be problematic.