Base Builders Cheat Sheet

On 5/27/2019 at 7:02 AM, gilce said:

How do you select the map outside the base, and what are the available maps?

Are you referring to your plot size?  If you are the base owner or have the appropriate permissions, you should see a button for "Upgrade Plot" once you enter the base in your entrance room.   That's where you select a different plot size.

If by background/lighting - those are an option under the Options button in the base editor.  You can define lighting type and sky.

Hi all,

I have attempted several times to get music to play in my SG base, but with no luck. When I type in the command, I get confirmation that the sg music has been set, but when I exit and re-enter the base, I still hear no music. This is the message I get when putting in the command:

Your supergroup background music is now AtlasPark_AtlasPlaza.

I don't see any Music Channel as was suggested much earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ok I'm new to modern base building. I am amazed and a little intimidated by the changes. But the one thing I want to ask is how do I make th ed illusion of an open sky in a room? I have not seen a clear answer on this one. Please P.M me with info!!

God it's good to be back in paragon 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, Acroyear said:

Hi all,

I have attempted several times to get music to play in my SG base, but with no luck. When I type in the command, I get confirmation that the sg music has been set, but when I exit and re-enter the base, I still hear no music. This is the message I get when putting in the command:

Your supergroup background music is now AtlasPark_AtlasPlaza.

I don't see any Music Channel as was suggested much earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I couldn't get Atlas Plaza to work at all.  Not sure why because the OP says it will.

There's a list in the OP that should have something for you that works and is satisfactory.  It took me reading it a few times and practicing before I got the hang of it.  And I accidentally found a song called "Rave2" and "Rave3" that are pretty good for dance club themes.

The Paragon Wiki list doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

Try:

/gmusic "SkullsRaveMusic_loop"

...as a test.  It takes a moment for the music to start.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

20 hours ago, Display Name said:

I couldn't get Atlas Plaza to work at all.  Not sure why because the OP says it will.

There's a list in the OP that should have something for you that works and is satisfactory.  It took me reading it a few times and practicing before I got the hang of it.  And I accidentally found a song called "Rave2" and "Rave3" that are pretty good for dance club themes.

The Paragon Wiki list doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

Try:

/gmusic "SkullsRaveMusic_loop"

...as a test.  It takes a moment for the music to start.

I tried the music you suggested, and it worked, and it rawks!  Also, I just tried using /sgmusic AtlasPlaza, and that did the trick. I was using the ogg file names listed on ParagonWiki, but I don't think those are accurate anymore.

Thank you very much for your help!

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

You can build above the base.  Basically, in the object editor fill the room from floor to ceiling, press F3 to enable room clipping and move your base entry portal on top of the room.   Take a look at the Base Builders Cheat Sheet

I've done this though but still can't fly outside the room when not editing. Do I have to move the spawn above?

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

Just now, ShardWarrior said:

Type /stuck into the chat once you have moved your entry portal above the base.

Okay, so it's just about getting around that 'invisible wall barrier' that rooms have. I can still use rooms / basements below though, as long as I set up teleporters, I wouldn't be able to, say, take stairs from the 'interior' to the exterior?

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

30 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Okay, so it's just about getting around that 'invisible wall barrier' that rooms have. I can still use rooms / basements below though, as long as I set up teleporters, I wouldn't be able to, say, take stairs from the 'interior' to the exterior?

Correct.   There are some fantastic examples of this in the "Show Off" and Passcodes threads.

Edited by ShardWarrior

On 8/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, Acroyear said:

I tried the music you suggested, and it worked, and it rawks!  Also, I just tried using /sgmusic AtlasPlaza, and that did the trick. I was using the ogg file names listed on ParagonWiki, but I don't think those are accurate anymore.

Yeah, this typically happens because the file name is wrong. The system will always tell you that the music has been changed, but if the file name is wrong, it will either go with no music or the previously working track. You should also hear the new loo p kick in within 10 - 30 seconds, so you shouldn't need to leave and re-enter the base to verify.

I would message the OP to see if there's a typo in the OP for that loop.

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

I've tried to rotate the direction you walk out of the spawn portal. Is this possible?

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

On 8/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, Acroyear said:

There are two,:

\Ogg\Music\AtlasPlaza.ogg

\Ogg\N_Music\AtlasPark\N_AtlasPlaza.ogg

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 months later
  • 3 months later

So...I accidentally put down a Meteor Fall sky object in my bar. The object is deleted, but the meteors don't seem to be stopping. Is there a way to kill this effect?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. Logging out/in fixed it! 🙂

Edited by ectest

• 1 month later

Impish Kat, thank you very much for this cheat sheet!  Its incredibly helpful.

As I was trying to find a city ambience with traffic in it, I finally came across one...

KingsAmb1_Loop

I do not believe that is empty wind you are hearing but very low traffic and low sounds of a city.  I believe its taken from King's Row Ambience.

I've tried replacing Kings with other city zones and I came up with two that worked:

SteelAmb1_Loop

TalosAmb1_Loop

and these seem to have much more intense city sounds, such as high volume traffic of a bustling city zone.  So I was happy that I found one for my above/below base.  I've tried FoundersAmb1_Loop and IPAmb1_Loop, IndependenceAmb1_Loop, and I think I even tried GalaxyAmb1_Loop, in case anyone is keeping track.

Also of note, I think CricketsBirds_loop has a typo.  I tried it and the sound didn't work, but when I deleted the 's' after 'Cricket', it worked.  So I think it should be:

CricketBirds_loop

Thank you again, Impish Kat!

• 1 month later

I'm a little late  to base building, and finding the editor very frustrating. I came here hoping  to find some sort of nudge tool but, no luck. The preformatted list of music was pretty cool, though. A little cut and paste and, I was able to add it to my ever-expanding popmenu. Unfortunately, the paragonwiki list was a little more involved so I didn't I didn't bother, this round. If anyone's interested, SGMusic.mnu plays everything from the OP list and SGStuff.mnu includes the music, an updated cheat sheet and, a few other sg commands I've come across, along the way.  I rushed through the sorting and tweaked some of the file nicknames, for formatting reasons, hopefully that doesn't pose a problem.  Enjoy!

SGMusic.mnu

SGStuff2-5.mnu

Edited by qwy
Updated SGStuff to v2.5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guides

MMPetMouseExpanded MM Numpad Controls | Chain Attack Assitant | Load/SaveFile - Relative Paths | KeyBindReset - Basics Of Going Global.

SGMusic.mnu - Popmenu Audio Player for your SG Base

See my profile for some of my other projects.  

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Is there an actual step-by-step guide on how to create an outdoor base?  This one seems fine if you already know what to do, which I don't.  I made a column out of my entrance room by filling in every level.  Then I put the portal on top.  Now I'm overlooking the unused grid of my base area.  Can I balance an entire outdoor construct like the waterfall above on this column I've created?  If so, what do I use for the ground level?  All I can find is a small patch of grass.  The huge still water tile is apparently not able to be placed on my column.  I'm a creative person, but the fundamentals of this process are missing. 

Is the Rikti WZ Crash Site music available for looping in a base?  It might be on the list, but I can't pick it out from those.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 4 weeks later

Hello, does anyone know how to remove a wall design during base building?? I accidentally added a mid wall design and I don't know how to get rid of it, and using undo didn't work for me. I'm new to building so any help would be much appreciated.

14 hours ago, SJRouge91 said:

Hello, does anyone know how to remove a wall design during base building?? I accidentally added a mid wall design and I don't know how to get rid of it, and using undo didn't work for me. I'm new to building so any help would be much appreciated.

You will need to click the "Pick Style" button on the editor menu while in the room and then click on the mid wall area.  That should bring up the available styles for you.

4 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

You will need to click the "Pick Style" button on the editor menu while in the room and then click on the mid wall area.  That should bring up the available styles for you.

Thank you for the reply, and hopefully as you can see with the attached screenshot, I was wondering if I can remove/delete the mid wall completely?? I realized I could just swap this for a more tech-themed mid wall, but I just wanted to know if we can delete the mid wall like if you were just starting to build, and no option for the mid wall had been chosen yet. Sorry if my question is kinda confusing.

CoH- problem with mid wall.pdf