Amusing and surprising NPC chatter

RikOz

Last night I heard some villain chatter that I had totally never heard before. I was collecting exploration badges and history plaques in Atlas Park, and there were a couple Hellions sitting on the wall right next to one of these plaques. I assumed they would ignore me since my character was around level 15 or so, but no. As I approached, one of these Hellions told my character:

"That dress makes you look heavy!"

It was particularly amusing because this character's backstory specifically mentions that she is a former Miss California, a fact of which she apprised this thug before fireballing him.

But yeah, my character got fat-shamed by a Hellion.

• Haha 3

[NPC] Marcone Gunner: Stop wetting your pants and shoot 'em!

[NPC] Faultline: So I said, 'Ninjas and lawyers? Then it's a Tsoo Sue Studio!'
[NPC] Faultline: Get it? Sue like litigation versus Tsoo the gang? No? Oh nevermind, no one appreciates an artiste

• Like 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Back on Live, I remember Hovering my way around over The Hollows and hearing an NPC say ... "No man, I'm telling you, he got the purse!"

Considering how up until that point it had been a forum meme (on the original forums) how none of the muggers ever managed to steal any purses, this was quite hilarious to me.

Still is, actually ...

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

11 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Back on Live, I remember Hovering my way around over The Hollows and hearing an NPC say ... "No man, I'm telling you, he got the purse!"

Considering how up until that point it had been a forum meme (on the original forums) how none of the muggers ever managed to steal any purses, this was quite hilarious to me.

Still is, actually ...

About a month ago, I was running a character over to the contact on the east side of KR between the buildings (I forget his name off the top of my head), flying over a (to me) purple Hellion in the interminable tug-of-war with a woman over her purse. When I left the contact, I flew back out, and the woman was gone, with a Hellion standing where they'd been, rifling through a purse. So it seems as if there's at least circumstantial evidence that they do on occasion get the purse.

• Like 2

I got a chuckle out of seeing a newsie outside a tram station calling out the news that DUAL BLADES were a thing now.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

My all-time favorite bit of NPC chatter came from a random Outcast in The Hollows, explaining things to one of his fellows:

" No, I didn't call you stupid. I said your comment was an oxymoron. It's a rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are put together. Am I the only one who reads the books we swipe around here?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I got a chuckle out of seeing a newsie outside a tram station calling out the news that DUAL BLADES were a thing now.

Persuading the player-base that Dual Blades are actually worth a go?  All I see in my mind is a trench-coated-character doing the Dual Blade power animations...you know, Neo with swords. 

I didn't much like Dual Blades. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Luddite Hacker: The Bad Protest is the one with all the head injuries.

I also liked

Panhandler: Can you spare some change?  I need to get back to Paragon City.  Lost my Monorail pass.

Apparently somebody authorized Monorail passes as good for travel on cargo freighters and smuggler submarines.

• Haha 1

I got a chuckle a couple days ago. Couple Hellions in The Hollows, sitting on a wall directly across the street from the police barricades at the Atlas Park entrance. I don't recall the exact wording (didn't get a screenshot), but it was something like:

"Oh, we could charge the barricades, but we could get injured, we could get caught. Let the Trolls do it. They're dumb."

In one of the office missions where the workers have been turned to androids or whatever, you'll hear, "Have you seen the new TPS reports? They're fantastic!"

There's also a redside chatter from one of the cops, "I said, 'Don't run, you'll just die tired.' He ran."

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 9/4/2019 at 8:28 AM, srmalloy said:

About a month ago, I was running a character over to the contact on the east side of KR between the buildings (I forget his name off the top of my head), flying over a (to me) purple Hellion in the interminable tug-of-war with a woman over her purse. When I left the contact, I flew back out, and the woman was gone, with a Hellion standing where they'd been, rifling through a purse. So it seems as if there's at least circumstantial evidence that they do on occasion get the purse.

If you pay attention, the purse-snatching animations have been improved so that the bad guy actually does end up with the purse for a few moments, in between the struggle and being whacked on. I'm pretty sure I've seen the purse on the ground after the fight begins, too. Never seen the animation you describe; I will watch for it, though!

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com