Salvages price getting crazy!

Bukatti

iirc correctly they capped them at 25k/100k/1 million though they rarely sell for those amounts unless someone's either fiddling around with them or someone's just trying to dump influence on lowbies by overbidding. Just put up a normal bid and wait, should fill within the minute. We can all use that time to consider whether we're really up for the responsibilities that come with owning savages, and whether their savagery is justification for their being bought and sold so indiscriminately.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Bukatti said:

savages

Salvage.  There's an L in that word.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

46 minutes ago, Chuckers said:

Isn't that kinda dumb when you can email yourself inf?  

... who says they're dumping the INF on their own lowbies?  🙂

• Like 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

salvage

1 hour ago, PaxArcana said:

Salvage.  There's an L in that word.

1 hour ago, Blackbird71 said:

Saw thread title, thought there was something wrong with End cost of Savage Assault powers.

hahahaha sorry my bad english

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bukatti said:

rare savages up to 1mil each, and even common savages up to 20k each,

here's my question, does Homecoming sell savages to balance the market just like superpack, or not?

I suspect your perspective is out of whack.  A single farmer generates roughly two-million influence per minute of farming (over a sufficient amount of time spent farming; it can be spikey).  A million per rare isn't expensive.  A million per rare is also the market's maximum price due to HC having seeded the market at that price quite some time ago.  Maybe chill a bit?  😉

Edited by Sunrunner
added missing sentence and a smiley.

3 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

iirc correctly they capped them at 25k/100k/1 million though they rarely sell for those amounts unless someone's either fiddling around with them or someone's just trying to dump influence on lowbies by overbidding. Just put up a normal bid and wait, should fill within the minute. We can all use that time to consider whether we're really up for the responsibilities that come with owning savages, and whether their savagery is justification for their being bought and sold so indiscriminately.

good to know there is cap price

Emailing INF to yourself, doesn't help you share that INF with other people, especially those who might be newly-returned to CoX.

I have an alt that was given 2,000,000 INF for finding a guy playing hide-and-seek in Atlas.  At the time, she was my highest-level alt; I didn't have my own 50's to gather influence with.

Edited by PaxArcana

12 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Emailing INF to yourself, doesn't help you share that INF with other people, especially those who might be newly-returned to CoX.

I have an alt that was given 2,000,000 INF for finding a guy playing hide-and-seek in Atlas.  At the time, she was my highest-level alt; I didn't have my own 50's to gather influence with.

I was under the impression that you can email inf to ANYONE, if you know their global chat-handle. Is that not correct?

• Like 1

And this thread brings to light why having inf farmers is bad. Since inf is generated infinitely, there is no cap on the amount in circulation. So, inf farmers drive up inflation at a ridiculous rate. Honestly I think AE shouldn't give inf. Imagine Germany's economy after WW1, where you had to spend 10,000 marks for a single loaf of bread. The more currency available in the market, the less each piece of currency is worth.

Edited by Jeagan
  • Like 2

I noticed the jump in price too, it used to be all rare salvage was 500k inf. But it looks like only select rare salvage has jumped to 1 million, such as chronal skip and essence of furries. So I think its only the salvage used in high level recipes and purples that has gone up. The lower tier salvage still is 500k. 

1 minute ago, myyth said:

I noticed the jump in price too, it used to be all rare salvage was 500k inf. But it looks like only select rare salvage has jumped to 1 million, such as chronal skip and essence of furries. So I think its only the salvage used in high level recipes and purples that has gone up. The lower tier salvage still is 500k. 

I thank heaven I have never had to use essence of furries.

Patience grasshopper.  Yes there may be spikes in the day where rare salvage sells for 7 digits but normalcy returns.  I did have to up my standard rare bid price by 25k, since it does appear the floor has been raised recently.  However, it's certainly not true that "rare salvage costs 1M".  At least it doesn't to someone willing to wait an hour or 2, certainly 24.

5 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

iirc correctly they capped them at 25k/100k/1 million 

1 hour ago, Sunrunner said:

A million per rare is also the market's maximum price due to HC having seeded the market at that price quite some time ago.  Maybe chill a bit?  😉

Capped prices? I dare either of you to bid on rare salvage for 2 million and report back if you get 1 million refund for going over the cap. 

*puts rare salvage up for 1.9 million*

😜

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

1 hour ago, quixoteprog said:

I was under the impression that you can email inf to ANYONE, if you know their global chat-handle. Is that not correct?

It may be or it may not be.

So ... what about people you haven't met, and do not yet know?

Look, folks, it's simple: some people like to be generous.  To total strangers.  Out of the blue.  🙂

28 minutes ago, Rylas said:

Capped prices? I dare either of you to bid on rare salvage for 2 million and report back if you get 1 million refund for going over the cap. 

*puts rare salvage up for 1.9 million*

😜

That will sit a long time as the seller with the lowest price sells first, and there are almost 10 million sellers with prices lower.

22 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

That will sit a long time as the seller with the lowest price sells first, and there are almost 10 million sellers with prices lower.

They're still not going to see a refund though. The playful point I was trying to make is that "capped price" is a misnomer. The price cap is whatever someone is willing to pay. Well... or 2 billion. Whichever comes first.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

2 hours ago, quixoteprog said:

I friend sent me 4 mil as a way to help me starting out.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."