Semi Chronological List of PvP Trends-Homecoming

vegetableknife

New returning player here - enjoyed getting caught up. My SG is on excelsior,  a few of us are thinking of learning to pvp. Can someone explain rogue damage? I see it mentioned in this thread but not sure what it means. Also.what is kickball and how to take part?

Edited by Darth_Helmet

3 hours ago, Darth_Helmet said:

New returning player here - enjoyed getting caught up. My SG is on excelsior,  a few of us are thinking of learning to pvp. Can someone explain rogue damage? I see it mentioned in this thread but not sure what it means. Also.what is kickball and how to take part?

Kickball is a pick up group-style arena night we do Weds and Saturdays on Indom. There's more info in the kickball forum thread as well as a primer I wrote up. Check out some of the stream vods on the channels linked at the bottom if you're interested in getting an idea of how it works.

Organized PVP is based around calling targets so multiple people are attacking the same enemy and roguing is basically people purposely not attacking your team's target. 

Edited by xhiggy
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
9 hours ago, MJB said:

I think we can all agree that the all-mighty meatloaf was the first earth/fire on homecoming kickballs

meatloaf23

Because Meat Loaf and meatloaf1 through 22 were already taken...

Edited by barrier

• 10 months later

I have a question. I'm just messing around with PVP, so far just sparring with my daughters. I like the choice of the cold epic for my blaster, especially hoarfrost and hibernate; however, I'm wondering if an aid self and personal force field combination is viable for one on one duals where tactics is not being stacked. Anybody? If I'm totally off-base and should be selecting another epic, let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Gygax

Wow! This thread was a great read, but some of the listed “originators” are a bit inaccurate.

Thank you @Poned & #TheRenegades for being the start of most of the trends we see today.

Things such as Gravity, Empathy, etc were never really thing until poned showed us all how to play them.

it’s no secret Silent Method invented Nature gathers as we know it.

The entire renegades started using fire blast first, blasters & corrs.

great, great job to us. 🥳

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, Phoenix' said:

Still waiting to get credit for being the first Fire Blaster in Zone... 

I don't even think that's true. I think Lib was running around on a Fire/Plant really early on, probs on the second week of kickball? I rolled one shortly after because I thought it would be a fun toon and played it zone a ton because it was, even before the snipe buff.

Edited by barrier
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, Gygax said:

I have a question. I'm just messing around with PVP, so far just sparring with my daughters. I like the choice of the cold epic for my blaster, especially hoarfrost and hibernate; however, I'm wondering if an aid self and personal force field combination is viable for one on one duals where tactics is not being stacked. Anybody? If I'm totally off-base and should be selecting another epic, let me know. Thanks!

I've seen people have good result with PFF/aid self but I've also seen at least one person making Unrelenting from the presence pool work out well too.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 12/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, macskull said:

I've seen people have good result with PFF/aid self but I've also seen at least one person making Unrelenting from the presence pool work out well too.

Thanks for the reply! So, is hoarfrost the staple? Or is it not generally in use? 

19 hours ago, Gygax said:

Thanks for the reply! So, is hoarfrost the staple? Or is it not generally in use? 

hoarfrost is pretty weak on blasters because its recharge is way too long. If you are going ice mastery its generally for hibernate and not much else

this probably isnt the right forum for this though... im sure there are better threads to be asking for build help, or use the pvp discord