Immortal badge

BeowulfinIA

For the Immortal badge line, here's what I've figured out for time required. This assumes +4/x1 and 0% damage resistance to type (fire for Lava and Lethal/Negative for CoT). Lava damage does vary by mission level.

Farm Damage Interval (s) DPS Intervals Per Hour Hours to Badge Days to Badge
CoT Guide 1128.04 11.0* 102.5 327.27 270.87 11.29
Lava (no Rest) 38.89 0.5 77.8 7200.00 357.13 14.88
Lava (Rest) 155.59 0.5 311.2 7200.00 89.27 3.72

DPS is included so you can calculate how much regeneration / healing is required to survive the farm.

The CoT Guide math assumes Rest is being used.

*A Guide's Scimitar attack is assumed to have an 11s recharge time based on log files. There could be a decimal value that would slightly alter the math.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

4 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

For the Immortal badge line, here's what I've figured out for time required. This assumes +4/x1 and 0% damage resistance to type (fire for Lava and Lethal/Negative for CoT). Lava damage does vary by mission level.

DPS is included so you can calculate how much regeneration / healing is required to survive the farm.

*A Guide's Scimitar attack is assumed to have an 11s recharge time based on log files. There could be a decimal value that would slightly alter the math.

Really might want to take a look at the double stacked fire patches in Mercy Island (where the building is on fire) that do 16 ticks per 0.5 interval. I was averaging around 2 million damage received per hour if that helps. Calculations were posted in previous pages. This damage output is higher than what Rest can provide, it is not intended for solo damage farming. It required two dedicated single target heals spamming plus slotted Rest and a self heal on auto.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 2 weeks later
On 7/6/2020 at 7:33 AM, Derek Icelord said:

I've been doing CoT lava farm AFK for the time being just because non AFK I'm doing the Mender AV mish for damage dealt (not flashback so didnt wanna waste it) since lava damage changes with level I should hurry up and get my damage dealt badge. Thanks for the info #necro on the thread lol

• 2 weeks later
On 7/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, Glacier Peak said:

Really might want to take a look at the double stacked fire patches in Mercy Island (where the building is on fire)...

Edit: Nvm, I found it.

This might seem like a stupid question, but... Where is the double stacked fire located in Mercy? I've been looking around the island and have yet to find two fires overlapping for double damage. So far, I've only seen two buildings on fire, and neither have stacked fire patches as far as I can tell.

Added a few pictures of the two buildings.

Building1.png

building2.png

Edited by Giovanni Valia

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

2 hours ago, Giovanni Valia said:

Edit: Nvm, I found it.

@Giovanni Valia The one I use is on the back side of the burning building, located at: -2388.6 239.0 -102.6. As noted with the big red arrow, by standing in between these two patches you take both their damage aura.

Mercy Island.jpg

I wanted to verify this spot again after I posted, so I did two runs. My average was 2,079,048 damage taken per hour. Therefore, using this method, it would take approximately two days (48 hours) to complete all of the damage taken badges.

Edited by Glacier Peak
math!
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

@Glacier Peak

Thanks Glacier. I was using a different double fire spawn, but that one looks easier for positioning. I find that simply slotting out two defender bots w/ crafted IOs and using s3 slotted rest  isn't enough to outpace the double fires. Wondering if I'll need to slot set IOs to heal enough, even with two pocket defenders.

Off-topic: Thanks for posting that PvP build on the spreadsheet, the Ice/cold dom. corrupter. I'm having a friend give it a spin.

• Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

12 hours ago, Giovanni Valia said:

@Glacier Peak

Thanks Glacier. I was using a different double fire spawn, but that one looks easier for positioning. I find that simply slotting out two defender bots w/ crafted IOs and using s3 slotted rest  isn't enough to outpace the double fires. Wondering if I'll need to slot set IOs to heal enough, even with two pocket defenders.

Off-topic: Thanks for posting that PvP build on the spreadsheet, the Ice/cold dom. corrupter. I'm having a friend give it a spin.

Yeah it is neck and neck with my two healers pushing their single target heal, but if you get the recharge high enough and you add in an incarnate self heal on your badge character, it tends to shore up the gap. I have ran the farm for up to 10 hours without having to reset due to a death. My badger is also hp capped as well. As for IO sets, it's likely they are helping as well on my healers. Both have already received Empath just from healing my badger lol

Edit: I failed to mention I also set up a level 50 Ouro mission that way nobody gets timed out. I used Clear Mind/BFs to get out of immobilization from Rest and then move my badger in to that position.

The PvP build for the Ice/Cold should come with a caveat - debuffing is second to damage in PvP right now. In some rare 1v1s (mostly against melee characters) and other debuffers will it come out on top, but if it is facing a damage centric AT or build, it hasn't proved advantageous. The biggest reasons is a lack of a dedicated self heal (though I picked up the temp from the P2W vender and the Incarnate destiny self heal).

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

• 1 month later
On 7/29/2020 at 4:47 PM, Glacier Peak said:

@Giovanni Valia The one I use is on the back side of the burning building, located at: -2388.6 239.0 -102.6. As noted with the big red arrow, by standing in between these two patches you take both their damage aura.

Mercy Island.jpg

I wanted to verify this spot again after I posted, so I did two runs. My average was 2,079,048 damage taken per hour. Therefore, using this method, it would take approximately two days (48 hours) to complete all of the damage taken badges.

Is there another location/mission/whatever for this? From what I've seen, the building is not always on fire and/or the fire is not always in the same place.

5 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Is there another location/mission/whatever for this? From what I've seen, the building is not always on fire and/or the fire is not always in the same place.

@Shocktacularthe trick with this building is if you go to it and it's not on fire, you either have to travel away from it a mile or so and come back a few times or log out and log back in. I've seen it on fire with one of my characters, while the other didn't see it on fire at the same time. It's a weird one, but try doing either of those things I mentioned and it should display on fire again. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

It also seems to stop being on fire while I'm AFK, though.  
I left my badger in the fire one evening and the next morning she was just sitting there like a dumb*** while the fire was on the other side of the building.

I get an Ouro mission then head to the spot to prevent afk from occurring. Might be worth a try for ya. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

• 2 months later

Necro post, but AFK farm a pair of -1 Ice Thorn Casters.  500 damage a pop, can tank 2 of them while in rest.  Probably not good on a squishy, for my fire farm brute its a cake walk with heal on auto.  Just don't use CoT Guides, they have Broadsword attacks and even with a -1 I don't thinks it survivable with 2 of them as they quickly killed it; same with a single Demon.  Ice Thorn casters seem to be weak in regards to other CoT, in melee range they just keep swinging Ice Sword.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

Extra crispy thread necro.

The mercy fires are just south of the Fortified badge, badge four in Mercy.

Still testing what max damage rate I can get.

The max damage rate that is possible is basically your healing per second against your damage received per second. Add more healers (secondary accounts) and you can essentially heal and take a maximum of 99% of your health (100% would mean you are defeated). 

I ran across a mission with a triple stack of fire that damages you while running through the Ouro badges, but already having the badge I just completed it and didn't take notice. I know there are other ways to get to the highest damage received (while sustaining an equal or greater healing received), but once you get the badge it kind of becomes moot.

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

The max damage rate that is possible is basically your healing per second against your damage received per second. Add more healers (secondary accounts) and you can essentially heal and take a maximum of 99% of your health (100% would mean you are defeated). 

I ran across a mission with a triple stack of fire that damages you while running through the Ouro badges, but already having the badge I just completed it and didn't take notice. I know there are other ways to get to the highest damage received (while sustaining an equal or greater healing received), but once you get the badge it kind of becomes moot.

At the moment with two fires. I am getting 18 per tic per fire.

It requires two healers to keep me alive. No way I could handle three fires. Widow low hps doesn't help here.

Not sure what the interval for the fires are. The percentage is moving much faster than with one fire.

So, thank you for the tip.

@Glacier Peak

Please, check my math. I rarely do these kinds of calculations.

Taking your calculated damage per hour 2,079,048.

2,079,048/60 mins = 34,650.8 damage/min

34,650.8/60 secs = 577.51 damage/sec

36 damage * interval = 577.51

interval = 36/577.5 = ~.06 tick

An interval of .06 is a lot faster than lava's .5. No wonder it's so much faster.

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

@Glacier Peak

Please, check my math. I rarely do these kinds of calculations.

Taking your calculated damage per hour 2,079,048.

2,079,048/60 mins = 34,650.8 damage/min

34,650.8/60 secs = 577.51 damage/sec

36 damage * interval = 577.51

interval = 36/577.5 = ~.06 tick

An interval of .06 is a lot faster than lava's .5. No wonder it's so much faster.

That looks right to me. That is why the double stack of fire works so well, as long as you come prepared with secondary healers. The pain domination aura helps too - you have to stand pretty close, I think within 8 ft for it to apply its occasional extra hp.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Thank you all. I got the badge today.

The Mercy fire does appear to be the fastest known method at the moment.

As estimated, it took around 50 hours. Damage rate was ~2,000,000.

I used the Villian Oro level 50 mission Midnight's hand. It has a very wide level range, so I could put both my level 20 and level 35 healers on my team.

Edited by KaizenSoze

• 3 months later
1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

I haven't tried it, but it might be possible to teleport the person resting into the fire.

Near complete TP protection in the description. They're on to us.

59 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This fires in Mercy are still the best method. Just hover or fly (or use a temp jetpack) over the fires, then click Rest. It will drop you right on the fire after a brief pause. Do the exact same thing as before.

Why can't things just be easy? QQ

52 minutes ago, PluckySidekick said:

Near complete TP protection in the description. They're on to us.

Why can't things just be easy? QQ

Risk versus reward I suppose. If you want the badge bad enough, you'll fulfill the requirements to do so. The way that others in this thread, including myself have described it, is the most efficient (time over cost) to do so.

Pocket D Zone Tour