Immortal badge

What I found interesting is that there seem to be two types of fires. On one fire, I would take 18 per tick, and another, I took 3x (roughly) at 55 per tick. One is a strangely occurring fire in Mercy also, but only appears for certain characters. It almost seems like you have to have them unlocked, because they appeared for me after completing one of the Mercy Arcs. So strange. Before the arc, the alt of mine with all badges could see the building on fire, but the alt wanting all the badges could not. 

I'd heard about these double fires, sought them out...and could never find them. And by not finding them, I mean, I saw them..but didn't quite understand what was meant by double fires. They are in fact single fire patches, but close enough together to get the damage from both. Yes, I can be a bit obtuse. 

But I'm still puzzled as why one fire only does -18 and the other does -55.  In both cases, in rest, at level 50, on the same AE arc to avoid auto log-off. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I only stumbled on the double fire stack in 2019 after deciding to start a badger. I had thought ahead and rolled two separate accounts with emps to throw green numbers on my badger. I tried out the lava rest and thought the numbers were kinda low, so I looked for CoT red crystals and thought the same. Saw a fire in Mercy and progressively afk'd for varying amounts of damage, until one day I had more damage than I had anticipated. Not at all claiming to have discovered this method, but I like to think it has helped a few folks find their Immortal badge!

• 4 weeks later
On 7/6/2020 at 4:33 AM, Derek Icelord said:

For the Immortal badge line, here's what I've figured out for time required. This assumes +4/x1 and 0% damage resistance to type (fire for Lava and Lethal/Negative for CoT). Lava damage does vary by mission level.

Farm Damage Interval (s) DPS Intervals Per Hour Hours to Badge Days to Badge
CoT Guide 1128.04 11.0* 102.5 327.27 270.87 11.29
Lava (no Rest) 38.89 0.5 77.8 7200.00 357.13 14.88
Lava (Rest) 155.59 0.5 311.2 7200.00 89.27 3.72

DPS is included so you can calculate how much regeneration / healing is required to survive the farm.

The CoT Guide math assumes Rest is being used.

*A Guide's Scimitar attack is assumed to have an 11s recharge time based on log files. There could be a decimal value that would slightly alter the math.

My Warshade doesn't have the HP to generate the Regen levels necessary to do Lava pits or the Mercy Fires and no second because the laptop just won't take it. Feeding this obsession a bit, I created a build to maximize HP outside of Dwarf form to hit 1927hp (after Accolades). This caps my regen at 160.63 HP/Sec.

I've been tooling around and figured this one out: If you run a mission at -1 and use two Blue Level Guides you can bump the DPS by 30%. I have them running at 132.7 DPS or 8.77 days to badge from 0.

For what it's worth, I also tried 3 Green (-2) Guides. They generated 176dps (6.58 Days)... and killed me in about 8 minutes.

Good Luck and Keep Badging!

EDIT:

Moar Numbers!

2 White (+0) Guides produce 152.9 DPS (7.57 Days from 0). 

Edited by PluckySidekick
SCIENCE!
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1 month later

It appears that Issue 27 page 2 changed rest behavior.

Scared me for a minute, you cannot pop break frees after rest starts. And popping a bunch of break frees before resting didn't work either. I thought that meant they had broken our tactic.

Instead it's much easier now, rest is *not* interrupted by damage. You can get to the right spot between two fires and hit rest and it works!

There is still one a downside. Powers will not activate while resting, nothing, nada, ziltch. So, you auto-firing Rebirth doesn't work.

Fortunately, my two pain defenders can keep me alive.

Edited by KaizenSoze
1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

It appears that Issue 27 page 2 changed rest behavior.

Scared me for a minute, you cannot pop break frees after rest starts. And popping a bunch of break frees before resting didn't work either. I thought that meant they had broken our tactic.

Instead it's much easier now, rest is *not* interrupted by damage. You can get to the right spot between two fires and hit rest and it works!

There is still one a downside. Powers will not activate while resting, nothing, nada, ziltch. So, you auto-firing Rebirth doesn't work.

Fortunately, my two pain defenders can keep me alive.

Yeah scroll up in this thread to where I explain how to still get it the immortal badge in two days and use rest by flying over the spot between the two fires in mercy then hitting rest and dropping from the sky to the spot. 

10 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah scroll up in this thread to where I explain how to still get it the immortal badge in two days and use rest by flying over the spot between the two fires in mercy then hitting rest and dropping from the sky to the spot. 

That is a better strategy pre page 2. Now, you don't even need that. You can walk right into the fires and hit rest now.

No jet pack or break frees required.

• Thumbs Up 1

For folks jumping to the end of thread to see the latest.

To summarize the current quickest way to get the Immortal badge:

• Using the  Mercy Island fires that are  just south of the Fortified badge, that's the number four badge
    • You can achieve ~2 million points of damage taken per hour
    • ~50 hours to get the Immortal badge
  • The fires are not visible until you complete Operative Kuzmin's level 7 arc in Mercy Island
  • You need to position your character to take damage from two fires at once while resting to maximize damage
  • You need to start a level 50 mission arc which includes all characters participating
    • Otherwise, your characters will go afk and get logged out in 30 mins.
    • I use Midnight's Hand because it allows a large level range 20-50
  • You'll need two healers to keep you alive
    • I used to two pain domination defenders because they have an healing aura + strong single target heal
      • Set both healers to auto fire their non-self damaging heal and target the badge character
      • Make sure both healers are close enough for their AOE heals to work
    • That means you have to have three accounts or friends
  • Due to rest changes in Issue 27 page 2. Rest will not be interrupted by damage. Position your character and hit rest
    • No break frees required
  • After rest starts, you should see lots of ticks of 18 damage. A lot less than that and your character is not sitting in two fires
  • The character's health bar will be dropping quickly, but the two healers should be able to keep you alive
  • Thanks 1

Side note. Since, rest is now easy to use.

If you have the portable crafting table. You can activate it and craft while sitting in the fire.

As long as you keep the crafting window open then you don't have to redeploy the table. Even if it blows up.

If you do goof and close the crafting window. No biggie, un-rest deploy it, rest again.

Something to do while you're waiting. More badges!

17 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Side note. Since, rest is now easy to use.

If you have the portable crafting table. You can activate it and craft while sitting in the fire.

As long as you keep the crafting window open then you don't have to redeploy the table. Even if it blows up.

If you do goof and close the crafting window. No biggie, un-rest deploy it, rest again.

Something to do while you're waiting. More badges!

Is that right! I could've swore Rest prohibited other power usage, so this is interesting!