Is there an easy way to place multiple items at once?

Zep

Just wondering.... Is there way to place items to the right of my character? Always seems to only work to the left.

Is there a way to delete the whole base and start over w/o losing stored items or should I mule everything first?

Thanks!

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• Community Rep

Funny, I usually place items to the right, but it depends on my view. So  yes, you should be able to place items wherever, regardless of the position of your character. The camera view is more important, however.

You can put all the items with storage in them into the entrance room, which cannot be deleted, and then delete the rest of the base. The game will not let you delete a room when there is a storage item with anything in it, in the room.

-Dacy

14 hours ago, Dacy said:

Funny, I usually place items to the right, but it depends on my view. So  yes, you should be able to place items wherever, regardless of the position of your character. The camera view is more important, however.

You can put all the items with storage in them into the entrance room, which cannot be deleted, and then delete the rest of the base. The game will not let you delete a room when there is a storage item with anything in it, in the room.

-Dacy

Thank you!

More questions later 🙂

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

I have a 1x5 area I want to light up -- it wont let me make it into a room, is there a way to work around that?

Is there a way to save/copy/paste a room? 

How do teleporters and other functional objects work? Is there a FAQ somewhere with lots of details?

17 minutes ago, Zep said:

I have a 1x5 area I want to light up -- it wont let me make it into a room, is there a way to work around that?

Not sure what you mean here?  Are there any adjoining rooms to it?  If so, there should be a doorway automatically connecting them.

17 minutes ago, Zep said:

Is there a way to save/copy/paste a room? 

No, although I greatly wish there were.  :(

18 minutes ago, Zep said:

How do teleporters and other functional objects work? Is there a FAQ somewhere with lots of details?

You will want to check out the guide Raevyn put together all about Base Teleporters.  I would also recommend reading through the Base Builders Cheat Sheet.

Those will answer a lot of your questions.

• Community Rep

ShardWarrior answered everything the way I would have, but let me add a bit more. Is the 1x5  area between rooms? That sounds like the size of an area between rooms. Define "light up". Are you sinking lights into ceilings and floors to light an area, or merely placing lights? If it's between rooms, you can't place small objects there, although you can span a space with larger objects. If you are trying to light a space that  cannot have rooms or doors, you could -try- to sink ceiling light #2 into the wall that's as close as you can get to the area that doesn't allow lights. These are somewhat directional, and I've found can light a bit outside of their placement limitation. Face the light towards the area you want to light up (some experimentation will give you the best placement/angle). It's highly likely that the center of the area will stay dim, for the lights can't reach that far.

If it's an area between rooms, you may be able to bridge the two areas, and thus be able to place items, by placing "doors" (from "create room") between the two walls. This only works if the space is only 1 square wide, but it sounds as if it would work here. You cannot place a door at the corners of rooms, so, there is always a square you can't make into a "room" when adjoining rooms, which is why I greatly prefer to build in a huge, single room format.

-Dacy

• Community Rep

Also, what is it you want/need to know about teleporters? Things seem fairly self-explanatory to me, if you read the object descriptions. Teleporters can now each hold up to 10 beacons, so you can cover every single available zone teleport point with 4 teleporters, 3 if you are only going to blueside. There are also points that you can set up within your base, starting with Aleph Point. These can be used to quickly span a large base, or as an elevator/lift imitation, or as a  "door" to a room. The cool thing is, the room the "door" goes to doesn't even have to physically be in that space, it can be anywhere in the base plot.

There are items and NPCs that you can sell and buy inspirations or enhancements from. There is a mission computer, an Ouros crystal that lets you access missions you missed, there are machines that give you temporary buffs created from salavage, there are storage bins for IOs, salvage, and inspirations. There are workstations for creating IOs, and resurrection items that restore you after defeat. I think that's all of the items with function, other than for power and control. I am more confused by "how do they work"...I don't know the programming answer to that, but basically, you put them somewhere, and they do their job. You do have to attach which beacons you want a teleporter to go to, but other than that, yeah, just plunk it down and you're good.

-Dacy

Thanks for the info.

Yes the 1x5 is, I believe, between two rooms. I will try more ceiling lights. Putting plants in there and want it to look right as a small atrium.

• Community Rep

For easiest editing, I would fill this space as much as possible with "doors" from create room, and then open them up to the sky for the atrium effect. Also, the official name for the ceiling light I mentioned is ceiling spot.