Jump to content
3333053222

Ice/Fire/Flame AE Fire Farmer

Recommended Posts

This is my take on the Ice/Fire/Flame farmer. This build has a total of 4 AOE knockdowns, with barrier core T4 will permanently softcap fire def and will permanently hardcap fire res. There are also two procs for -res, one in Ice Storm, one in Hot Feet. With accolades, achieves 135% health, and would be surprisingly tanky. This build is extraordinarily expensive, but, I did not keep costs in mind to make it - this is absolutely min/maxed. It still has 136% recharge, but with Agility Core, this effectively in my opinion makes it "good enough." There is also burnout for double blizzard and other absolutely disgusting ridiculous things you could dream of. The recovery rate is over 3 endurance per second over the usage, but you have two performance shifter procs and consume if end gets ugly (burnout). With the following AOEs: frost breath, ice storm, blizzard, fire sword circle, burn, cauterizing aura, and hot feet, I'd imagine that this would be at least extremely competitive with the brute farmers. However, this may indeed require a bit more "attention" than a regular spines/FA or rad/FA but imo, would be a lot more fun and break the huge monotony that is that type of farming. Also, it is worth noting, that because this is a farming build, I did not take many of the single target ranged attacks because in a farm like this, you're obviously not going to single target anything but an occasional boss that you should probably be skipping to go the next mob or at the very end when you should just end it regardless. Not perma hasten but very close and in my opinion, "good enough." This build is completely optimized. This is potentially the fastest farmer possible but I won't make that claim. 

Open this build with pines. 

Barrier adds a permanent +5% defense and +5% resistance to all damage types. These are both at 70.6% and 40.2%. With barrier these become 75.6% and 45.2%.

Edited by 3333053222
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only pointing any of this out since this is a very expensive build for someone to make, but some observations...

 

- burn & hotfeet both cause fear.  This is annoying to deal with in maps and will cause mobs to run constantly. 

 

- there are a number of questionable slotting decisions here.  Especially surrounding procs.  The chance to proc in rains and toggles is abysmal and you’re slotting them at the expense of better defense or recharge bonuses.    If you’re going to put that fury proc anywhere, then stick them in fire sword circle or possibly burn.  

 

- the above is costing you ageless.  Which is almost essential if you’re going to bring burnout into the conversation.  Which, by the way, is a crap party trick that will *maybe* increase your clear speed for one map and then be out of commission for the next.  At the expense of two powers and slots. 

 

- I can’t understand why you only went for one aegis at five slots for an additional 1.x? fire defense instead splitting it between fire shield and tough for the bigger pay off.

 

- those single target powers that you skipped are actually very helpful at executing low health bosses, rather than wait another 30 seconds for the next blizzard.    Plus, they’re amazing slot mules if nothing else.  You can get six Fire resist for only two slots in ranged holds, for instance. Pair two superior entombed with basilisks and you’re still ahead here, getting six resist plus a decent recharge.  

 

- 3 slots in build up, two of which are recharge reduction and the third... gaussians???

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by natewest1987

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, natewest1987 said:

- burn & hotfeet both cause fear.  This is annoying to deal with in maps and will cause mobs to run constantly. 

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but this isn't as big an issue as one would think on a fire farm. Because of the fear and general running from rains, bouncing from mob to mob is the way to do it on an Ice/Fire, and the enemies will constantly run back into Hot Feet and Burn, so they are actually very effective and important for fast clear speeds. I especially agree with you about slotting those single target attacks, they are a huge help.

 

A few more critiques I have of the build on first pass. Health and Stamina are overslotted. With all the recharge Consume should be up often enough, and inspirations can make up any difference. I'd certainly drop the Regenerative Tissue from Health, that tiny bit of regen won't make a difference. I'd also give Stamina two slots max.

 

I'd go with Musculature Alpha instead of Agility, more damage.

 

Bonfire should have Sudden Acceleration instead of Overwhelming Force proc, I think. I'm actually not sure exactly what Overwhelming Force proc does in Bonfire, but I know Sudden Acceleration will absolutely change all KB to KD.

 

Frost Breath is a terrible attack in my opinion. But if you're going to use, I'd use it for procs. Specifically the Annihilation -Res Proc and perhaps Ragnarok chance for Knockdown. Also get rid of all the recharge enhancement in it so it has a higher chance of the procs firing when you use it. But really I think it should be skipped altogether in favor of Freeze Ray and something else should go for Bitter Ice Blast, Burnout is a good candidate for that.

 

If you can find the slots and another power pick, Char is a nice mule for Basilisk's Gaze 7.5% recharge, only takes four slots. I'd drop Assault in favor of that if you can find the slots.

 

Consume only needs to hit 3-4 enemies to top you off, I think using the one slot for recharge is ideal there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overwhelming Force works on Bonfire, it was tested a while back, 100% KD conversion *and* it has raw damage in the IO unlike Sudden Acceleration that only does the KD conversion.


@sovera in Everlasting - I love teaming up so hit me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, natewest1987 said:

Only pointing any of this out since this is a very expensive build for someone to make, but some observations...

 

- burn & hotfeet both cause fear.  This is annoying to deal with in maps and will cause mobs to run constantly. 

 

- there are a number of questionable slotting decisions here.  Especially surrounding procs.  The chance to proc in rains and toggles is abysmal and you’re slotting them at the expense of better defense or recharge bonuses.    If you’re going to put that fury proc anywhere, then stick them in fire sword circle or possibly burn.  

 

- the above is costing you ageless.  Which is almost essential if you’re going to bring burnout into the conversation.  Which, by the way, is a crap party trick that will *maybe* increase your clear speed for one map and then be out of commission for the next.  At the expense of two powers and slots. 

 

- I can’t understand why you only went for one aegis at five slots for an additional 1.x? fire defense instead splitting it between fire shield and tough for the bigger pay off.

 

- those single target powers that you skipped are actually very helpful at executing low health bosses, rather than wait another 30 seconds for the next blizzard.    Plus, they’re amazing slot mules if nothing else.  You can get six Fire resist for only two slots in ranged holds, for instance. Pair two superior entombed with basilisks and you’re still ahead here, getting six resist plus a decent recharge.  

 

- 3 slots in build up, two of which are recharge reduction and the third... gaussians???

 

 

 

 

 

1.

I don't think they do but I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure they've done away with the fear in both of these, at least I know they did in the brute version (maybe the taunts in their hits make it so it overrides fear but idk I've played fire blasters and the enemies don't run away when I've casted burn on them) but with how much knockdown this build has, I really doubt it'll make a huge difference. 

 

2.

I did however debate whether I'd use this in FSC and I may, I just felt like I liked the + chance for fire damage in Hot Feet, and I have gotten good results with procs in toggles despite what people say... But I'll swap it out if I feel it needs it.

 

I realize that the chance in rains is lower, obviously, but it still procs which is nice for me, as long as it gets in somewhere somehow it's good enough for me! I don't know where else I'd actually place that proc other than Ice Storm, Frost Breath is not something I'd open with and I don't think the proc would be great in it versus Ice Storm which can proc an entire group and does very nicely. 

 

3.

While this is as you say a "crap party trick" that only works for one map, I don't plan to consistently farm *all* the time repeatedly the whole way through. It speeds up a run which is nice and that's a lot more I'm getting than from anything else really. I might've taken tactics over it but eh the effects are minimal for blaster but I may keep it in mind.

 

Because I went for more fire res NOT more defense. I only needed 70 and 40 with barrier, ageless is not needed with the recharges I can make and I can use consume immediately after burnout so that's really not an issue, there's really no point in ageless other than it would recharge things faster for a brief amount of time which is great sometimes but doesn't really improve clear speed *that much.*

4.

When is this actually useful though? Theoretically, this is only helpful at the absolute very end of a map. That's the only time you'll actually want to single target things in farming... If I were to chase down low health bosses with these attacks I'd waste lots of time when I could've just had that boss or whatever follow me to the next spawn and then keep pulling more enemies into the Ice Storm... eventually the leftover bosses will die. 

5.

Yes, the recharges make Build Up more consistently up (that's pretty common in most builds unless they're running just one) and Gaussian's proc in Build Up is a high chance, this makes it a 200% damage boost instead of 100%... that's huge. Yes I'll pop reds but on downtimes that's mega helpful.

2 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but this isn't as big an issue as one would think on a fire farm. Because of the fear and general running from rains, bouncing from mob to mob is the way to do it on an Ice/Fire, and the enemies will constantly run back into Hot Feet and Burn, so they are actually very effective and important for fast clear speeds. I especially agree with you about slotting those single target attacks, they are a huge help.

 

A few more critiques I have of the build on first pass. Health and Stamina are overslotted. With all the recharge Consume should be up often enough, and inspirations can make up any difference. I'd certainly drop the Regenerative Tissue from Health, that tiny bit of regen won't make a difference. I'd also give Stamina two slots max.

 

I'd go with Musculature Alpha instead of Agility, more damage.

 

Bonfire should have Sudden Acceleration instead of Overwhelming Force proc, I think. I'm actually not sure exactly what Overwhelming Force proc does in Bonfire, but I know Sudden Acceleration will absolutely change all KB to KD.

 

Frost Breath is a terrible attack in my opinion. But if you're going to use, I'd use it for procs. Specifically the Annihilation -Res Proc and perhaps Ragnarok chance for Knockdown. Also get rid of all the recharge enhancement in it so it has a higher chance of the procs firing when you use it. But really I think it should be skipped altogether in favor of Freeze Ray and something else should go for Bitter Ice Blast, Burnout is a good candidate for that.

 

If you can find the slots and another power pick, Char is a nice mule for Basilisk's Gaze 7.5% recharge, only takes four slots. I'd drop Assault in favor of that if you can find the slots.

 

Consume only needs to hit 3-4 enemies to top you off, I think using the one slot for recharge is ideal there.

1.

Well, possibly it does cause fear but with the knockdowns I don't really think it'll be as much of an issue. Goes along with what you're saying.

2. 

They possibly are. I really like 3 in Stamina, it gives good endurance recovery and it gives health which for a blaster in farming is kind of needed... I felt 3 was very worth it. I could concede to giving up some in health though.

3.

Musculature is slightly more damage in the base which is great, however, that supremely hurts my defense slotting and capabilities with this build and makes getting near perma hasten much harder and makes the T9 up way less and burnout less often and my attack chain to recharge less which slows the runs down horrifically and would make me more squishy. Not a fan. Plus, I'd never use this in a PvE situation either. 

4.

The poster below you already commented on this, but yes, kb to kd on bonfire does work. It gives extra damage... why would I not take it? It's excellent!

5. 

I agree, it is. But at level 2, there's much much else I'd really give an arm and a leg for. It's either frost breath which is sort of useful, the minor ice damage blast which is not helpful, or fire sword which is not helpful. I don't really know what else I could get with it. 

6. 

I can't really give up anything and that's really just going for higher numbers. I have the res and defense I need. I have barrier. I have the endurance. I don't need anything more for def/res. The recharge is nice, I could probably abandon some slots somewhere to get the recharge that I would grant you, I can't really drop assault though (due to vengance as the mule for LotG) as you said and get char and then remove some of the extra on my health slotting, which I actually might for an alternate do and agree with you. 

7.

I can see that argument, I may in fact do that, I'll see if I'm hitting the targets frequently or not with the recharge IO and if I feel it's fine, I will indeed make this change, thank you for the feedback!

 

-- I may revise this and drop Burnout and super speed to gain char and Combustion and take out the slots in Frost Breath and give those to Combustion since it is a nice PBAOE.--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but this isn't as big an issue as one would think on a fire farm. Because of the fear and general running from rains, bouncing from mob to mob is the way to do it on an Ice/Fire, and the enemies will constantly run back into Hot Feet and Burn, so they are actually very effective and important for fast clear speeds. I especially agree with you about slotting those single target attacks, they are a huge help.

 

A few more critiques I have of the build on first pass. Health and Stamina are overslotted. With all the recharge Consume should be up often enough, and inspirations can make up any difference. I'd certainly drop the Regenerative Tissue from Health, that tiny bit of regen won't make a difference. I'd also give Stamina two slots max.

 

I'd go with Musculature Alpha instead of Agility, more damage.

 

I would absolutely take Burn.  I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, as I would consider it mandatory.  Hotfeet, though, WOOF.  Hate that ability with a passion.     Good notes on Health/Stamina too, for the OP.

 

As for Musculature, it's nice, but Agility services multiple purposes here that Musculature can't compensate for.  The 20% defense bonus can help hit your softcap defense without having to waste extra slots for it, and the recharge helps all of your abilities.  A few reds makes up for musculature, and you shouldn't enter a farming map without them, if you're concerned about clear speed.   But fair points, /shrug. 😃

 

Also - good point about Char.   It's a great multi purpose ability that can be used to stack resists, throw in damage procs, or gain some recharge.   I usually like to do 4 basiliks and 2 superior entomb here.

Edited by natewest1987

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

1.

I don't think they do but I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure they've done away with the fear in both of these, at least I know they did in the brute version (maybe the taunts in their hits make it so it overrides fear but idk I've played fire blasters and the enemies don't run away when I've casted burn on them) but with how much knockdown this build has, I really doubt it'll make a huge difference. 

Both abilities do cause fear.   You can see the fear component in Pines on Hotfeet under effects, and because Burn summons a mini pet, it also causes fear.   You're correct that brute abilities carry a taunt component that mostly overrides this.   Some people can deal with the fear component and not be bothered by it, personally I hated it. 

6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

 

2.

I did however debate whether I'd use this in FSC and I may, I just felt like I liked the + chance for fire damage in Hot Feet, and I have gotten good results with procs in toggles despite what people say... But I'll swap it out if I feel it needs it.

Whatever works best for you, but it is not optimized /shrug

6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

 

I realize that the chance in rains is lower, obviously, but it still procs which is nice for me, as long as it gets in somewhere somehow it's good enough for me! I don't know where else I'd actually place that proc other than Ice Storm, Frost Breath is not something I'd open with and I don't think the proc would be great in it versus Ice Storm which can proc an entire group and does very nicely. 

If you haven't done so already then you might want to watch the combat log to see how often this actually procs.   If it's proccing on minions and LT's then its overkill anyway.   You may find that you don't need it at all.   Though, since you've gone this route with knockdown in icestorm, it might actually be interesting to move your OF knockdown proc to Ice Storm as well, which would I guess double your chances for knockdown effect in the rains.  Bonfire isn't going to be a significant source of damage anyway and could do just fine with sudden accelerations knockdown.

6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

 

3.

While this is as you say a "crap party trick" that only works for one map, I don't plan to consistently farm *all* the time repeatedly the whole way through. It speeds up a run which is nice and that's a lot more I'm getting than from anything else really. I might've taken tactics over it but eh the effects are minimal for blaster but I may keep it in mind.

 

Because I went for more fire res NOT more defense. I only needed 70 and 40 with barrier, ageless is not needed with the recharges I can make and I can use consume immediately after burnout so that's really not an issue, there's really no point in ageless other than it would recharge things faster for a brief amount of time which is great sometimes but doesn't really improve clear speed *that much.*

I would put this build together on the test server before you spend the money and time acquiring any of this.   I think you will find in practice it is a lot different than it looks on paper.    Those two power slots that you are wasting for burnout, for instance, would absolutely be better spent in any of BFR, BIB, Char, FR, and especially Melt Armor.  Melt Armor can also be slotted with a Achiles heel, which would more consistently give you -29% resist debuff than what you've got going on with ice storm. 

6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

4.

When is this actually useful though? Theoretically, this is only helpful at the absolute very end of a map. That's the only time you'll actually want to single target things in farming... If I were to chase down low health bosses with these attacks I'd waste lots of time when I could've just had that boss or whatever follow me to the next spawn and then keep pulling more enemies into the Ice Storm... eventually the leftover bosses will die. 

Again, different in practice than in theory.   Additionally those powers are fantastic mules for everything from procs, recharge bonuses, and defense/resist.   Those bosses are the only thing on the map that your damage won't be overkill on and they are absolutely capable of killing you if you mess up.

6 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

5.

Yes, the recharges make Build Up more consistently up (that's pretty common in most builds unless they're running just one) and Gaussian's proc in Build Up is a high chance, this makes it a 200% damage boost instead of 100%... that's huge. Yes I'll pop reds but on downtimes that's mega helpful.

I actually don't know how recharge effects procs in click-type buff powers, but I would otherwise assume that it slaughters your chance to proc gaussians.    I haven't tested this, and math isn't exactly something I bring to the table, so someone else may have better advice here.  Personally, I would rather have a near 100% chance to proc Gaussians with build up, so that my frontload of damage is as strong as it could be.   Blizzard has a long recharge time, even without any recharge slotted into build up, you're still going to have it everytime you drop your burst combo.  I think this is also where you are missing the buck on slotting of -res in gladiator.   Sticking it in a power with a higher chance to proc it is only going to make your burst even stronger.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the redone build that features Combustion as another PBAOE, FSC that has FotG proc, only Gaussian's in Build up, Even more recovery to help with any "crashing" you may encounter, and 12.5% more recharge, with more health, regen, Frost Breath being the one with Anni proc along with Ice storm so this will obviously be proc'd quite frequently. 

 

This build achieves the same basic softcapping and hardcapping and this should be the fully optimized version. 

 

-- Side note: while everyone has screamed at me for not using the fully slotted Char, I can't get any benefit out of it and unfortunately it doesn't help me at all with slotting or freeing anything up or achieving any softcaps. 

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Rct-ResDam%(11), Ksm-ToHit+(13)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def(17)
Level 10: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Cauterizing Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(23), Prv-Absorb%(25), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 24: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 26: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(31), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Ann-ResDeb%(31)
Level 28: Consume -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Combustion -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(36), PstBls-Dam%(37), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Burn -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(43)
Level 44: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 47: Hot Feet -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1514;691;1382;HEX;|
|78DA6594594F1351188667AB4069E94E41406C01C1424B4BAB46A392B8D42860107|
|E0099C0A44C52DB495B0CB825FE053531316C5E59DC6E04C1FFE172ED951A839A78|
|A589A9DFCCFB356DECA4D3E79CF75B4FCE3933B57CC1F1EAD2BD7141749ECFAAC5E|
|2DC39FA2F6905DB949AD1E705F369A2B783E5B9193597D1166297E7357886AA86D9|
|25C3C8174AB1B45ED0E6A6D49C6E2C65D5929ECF09F6E97C3E1B9B35346DC1610D2|
|735D5D073195775B2A0158A8BBAE1B4E6693DB35822ABF7A2A1CFC7D259F5BA99CE|
|2CB1D2418D0CD37B45A83E159BF052118484222865F0C016F319D8FC9CF902BC518|
|BA51F3DC2048D4556C4CFB2E515A635CB96581165B3A45981D94E361B6CB22D205A|
|9A7D0271F65FA0E32F997B14C143BE4DF0B535B1AFC305B6D9994EB0DF01BADBC04|
|98A6A415F620BD7763345CADBCA3DB75AABF093E264C5C9956ED2CC85EA826B4BB2|
|3499FC3CF0933C63E8D61B14AD6EBDBF3157C8C78738C9C7B9FC7EA61BBC45D6007|
|C94C017C4B57F657E033BF6998F507B85BC83BC6FC153D00E9E0443A7797E061C3C|
|8BD89171F02A4575726CE709F874279929F0D031E67126EFE66D8AEA129BADF5743|
|D802D7A1F1C7D082E9B1B86FC4ACF63C44556996B60741D4C6C80D7C8BB977BEA7D|
|8BF375788FB9CDDC01436F98BBE0534A11E6D8F027E4EBDBC6EEF6ED305F83FD7BC|
|C5DF00E618063079E20DF914DE61A73151C5C676E805B546A88F76D288EBD3C9A60|
|8E31936024059665DC3BF3C40FBF93ACB332F29EF9018C7E04EF92578CF3C704D41|
|C1599129890990AE8A5F316E7731A0F618DDDCAFFF734A4542F6AA51269B0C61B94|
|4483926C50520DCA64BDC2BD4C2B755F08CBABC54DDF0728957D3B59B97B318A881|
|FF55A08BBFBBD5E1B82DFCF9A26897C4B243E99129FD43FED045EB7CF5F1BA783B5|
|F14CA0362E87CDB1CD1A6FFA68CC7DFE034741EECD|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

 

Thank you to all for feedback, this should be a much improved revised edition and everyone should pretty unilaterally like these new editions to the build. 

 

I will provide the Freeze Ray variant if requested but I feel most would appreciate the Combustion AOE variant far more. 

Edited by 3333053222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 3333053222 said:

-- Side note: while everyone has screamed at me for not using the fully slotted Char, I can't get any benefit out of it and unfortunately it doesn't help me at all with slotting or freeing anything up or achieving and softcaps. 

Sorry if it seemed that way.   I think most of the people commenting have tried their own variations of this build, so we've seen how it plays out.   The fun thing about this game is there are a lot of ways to get from point A to point B and the community generally is really helpful and open to exploring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, natewest1987 said:

I actually don't know how recharge effects procs in click-type buff powers

You can check out the PPM Info Guide in the guides section (also linked in my sig), it has most of the formulas for PPM. For Build Up, you can reduce the recharge time to 54 seconds and still retain the maximum probability of 90%. So if you can keep the enhanced recharge to 66% or less, you're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You can check out the PPM Info Guide in the guides section (also linked in my sig), it has most of the formulas for PPM. For Build Up, you can reduce the recharge time to 54 seconds and still retain the maximum probability of 90%. So if you can keep the enhanced recharge to 66% or less, you're good.

The revised build fits this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annihiliation proc is kinda garbage IMO. It isn't -20% as MID's advertises. In reality it's closer to 10% against even level enemies and in my testing it has certainly had less uptime when compared to Achilles or FotG in the same powers so I'm not confident the chance to proc is even on the same level as those. That being said, i believe you'd be better of slotting a dmg proc in lieu of the Anni proc.

Take a look at this screen shot. This was on test against even levels enemies with the character level shifted (hence the slightly higher value than I alluded to above). Look at the value compared to Achilles (also pictured). That value only gets small as the difficulty increases (likewise all -res debuffs).
Achilles is shown as -22.2 % where as Annihilation -13.88%.652726258_0oppachillesannihilation.thumb.png.7b4959c6be8230352b5a1fb8ba0576b3.png

Edited by Doomrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doomrider said:

Annihiliation proc is kinda garbage IMO. It isn't -20% as MID's advertises. In reality it's closer to 10% against even level enemies and in my testing it has certainly had less uptime when compared to Achilles or FotG in the same powers so I'm not confident the chance to proc is even on the same level as those. That being said, i believe you'd be better of slotting a dmg proc in lieu of the Anni proc.

Take a look at this screen shot. This was on test against even levels enemies with the character level shifted (hence the slightly higher value than I alluded to above). Look at the value compared to Achilles (also pictured). That value only gets small as the difficulty increases (likewise all -res debuffs).
Achilles is shown as -22.2 % where as Annihilation -13.88%.

I noticed similar results on various resist debuffs on test using combat analyzer.   I'm not sure if this is a result of debuff resistance on mobs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, natewest1987 said:

I noticed similar results on various resist debuffs on test using combat analyzer.   I'm not sure if this is a result of debuff resistance on mobs ?

If the mobs have high damage resists the value it applies against their resistance numbers (in green) will be lower than the base value of the debuff applied (in red). However, no matter the mob type the base debuff value (in red) will remain the same. So against higher resistance enemies, the impact annihilation has against said enemies is even worse. 
FWIW, not that it applies here but FotG has the exact same base value against even level enemies as Achilles does in my last post's screenshot (-22.2%).

TL;DR is Achilles and Fury of the Gladiator proc good; Achilles bad.

 

Edited by Doomrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing that as I use that proc liberally in various builds. Between that and my better understanding of PPM, it's time to rethink some of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharing my ice/fire build with you since I've commented so much about yours - i'll open myself up to criticism too, to be fair, lol.   Maybe it will be good inspiration or maybe it sucks, Idk.  it worked for me.   

 

Couple disclaimers - the build is over accurate.   I haven't tried to correct that yet.   Some of the procs could be better optimized by not taking Agility, and the only real cost in defense, IIRC, is 1 or 2 slots in maneuver / weave to put it back to 45%.   So I try to only stick the 4+ PPM procs in the PBAOE's that would otherwise dip below 50%.   I could slide them to burn, which has a lower target count, but hitting 50% of 10 is still the max burn could hit anyway.   

 

This build has 223% recharge, which Pines does not seem to include Agility, since it counts as an enhancement... so its really 256%.   This is a little over 100% more than the build you put together and provides a 10 second lead on recharge time for Blizzard, among faster recharges across the board.     45% fire defense / 41% aoe, 61.8% smashing/lethal resist & 70% fire resist -- with 10% scaling to close the gap.    Build up would also still recharge just as fast as if you had those two slots in it still.     This build does not use burnout, stated before I'm not really a fan of it.    As even with all the recharge in my build, if I swapped it around and took burnout, I'm still at a 400 second recharge time. 

 

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(7)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(25), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(31), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Hold%(46)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(9), PstBls-Dam%(19)
Level 4: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(11), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(15), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(21), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal(23), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(23)
Level 22: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 24: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37), Erd-%Dam(37), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 26: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Knock%(34), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 28: Bitter Freeze Ray -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(31), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Combustion -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(34)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A)
Level 38: Burn -- Dmg-I(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Erd-%Dam(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(43), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-DefDeb(A), AchHee-DefDeb/Rchg(45), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 47: Bitter Ice Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(50), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by natewest1987

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

Annihiliation proc is kinda garbage IMO. It isn't -20% as MID's advertises. In reality it's closer to 10% against even level enemies and in my testing it has certainly had less uptime when compared to Achilles or FotG in the same powers so I'm not confident the chance to proc is even on the same level as those. That being said, i believe you'd be better of slotting a dmg proc in lieu of the Anni proc.

Take a look at this screen shot. This was on test against even levels enemies with the character level shifted (hence the slightly higher value than I alluded to above). Look at the value compared to Achilles (also pictured). That value only gets small as the difficulty increases (likewise all -res debuffs).
Achilles is shown as -22.2 % where as Annihilation -13.88%.652726258_0oppachillesannihilation.thumb.png.7b4959c6be8230352b5a1fb8ba0576b3.png

Thanks for the screenshot. It appears there is a bug. Can you tell me where you tested this (live or beta)?

 

It was my understanding that the annihilation proc is unresistable, which is nice. However, it appears to be providing 0% resistance debuff, as the final resistance is exactly what it would be if only opportunity and Achilles were applied. I need to analyze this when I got home because I have another screenshot that does not do this, but it's from over a month ago. I wonder if something happened in the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was on beta. Slotting Annihilation into Neutron Bomb. I know resistance resists resistance debuffs to a degree, the higher resistance the more its resisted but even still I believe you're right. This doesn't add up, Annihilation doesn't appear to be applying any resistance debuff.

Edited by Doomrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NateWest1987 posted his build using Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23,

 

How the heck do I download that version?  I clicked on the link, but gave me a page that looked like a lot of development notes and with my lacking adequate patience I couldn't figure out how to download the program.  I have Pines 2.21 currently and his build crashes in that.  I also searched for Hero Designer 2.23 and 2.22 was the latest thing that showed up in Google.

 

Sorry for being lame/impatient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, natewest1987 said:

Sharing my ice/fire build with you since I've commented so much about yours - i'll open myself up to criticism too, to be fair, lol.   Maybe it will be good inspiration or maybe it sucks, Idk.  it worked for me.   

 

Couple disclaimers - the build is over accurate.   I haven't tried to correct that yet.   Some of the procs could be better optimized by not taking Agility, and the only real cost in defense, IIRC, is 1 or 2 slots in maneuver / weave to put it back to 45%.   So I try to only stick the 4+ PPM procs in the PBAOE's that would otherwise dip below 50%.   I could slide them to burn, which has a lower target count, but hitting 50% of 10 is still the max burn could hit anyway.   

 

This build has 223% recharge, which Pines does not seem to include Agility, since it counts as an enhancement... so its really 256%.   This is a little over 100% more than the build you put together and provides a 10 second lead on recharge time for Blizzard, among faster recharges across the board.     45% fire defense / 41% aoe, 61.8% smashing/lethal resist & 70% fire resist -- with 10% scaling to close the gap.    Build up would also still recharge just as fast as if you had those two slots in it still.     This build does not use burnout, stated before I'm not really a fan of it.    As even with all the recharge in my build, if I swapped it around and took burnout, I'm still at a 400 second recharge time. 

 

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(7)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(25), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(31), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Hold%(46)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(7), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(9), PstBls-Dam%(19)
Level 4: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(11), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(15), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Cauterizing Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(21), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal(23), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(23)
Level 22: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 24: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37), Erd-%Dam(37), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 26: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Knock%(34), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 28: Bitter Freeze Ray -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(31), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Combustion -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(34)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A)
Level 38: Burn -- Dmg-I(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(39), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39), Erd-%Dam(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(43), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-DefDeb(A), AchHee-DefDeb/Rchg(45), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 47: Bitter Ice Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(50), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

This is NOT 223% recharge. This is 153.8% recharge. You're using Forced Feedback on Kick to get it to those values, which, it may work and proc all the time, but it resumes back to the normal recharge after 5 seconds and this doesn't perma apply and make Blizzard that much faster than mine. 

 

You also did not cap fire resistance. Remember the 5% top value is even more valuable than then last 5%. This will really hurt you. You also gain a lot less health. You have no Hot Feet (although I can't bar you on this one because you've said you dislike Hot Feet due to fear.)

 

Recharge is great but even still... You could've shored up some of the resist by going for Prev Medicine in Caut Aura and getting more fire resist.

 

Melt is not up as often as you'd believe it to be with the Kick, unless Kick permanently adds 100% (which it doesn't, it still "drops" and has to be restarted with Force Feedback) it is not up as often as you'd be made to believe. 

 

You gain a greater farming benefit out of Degenerative Core not Reactive. Strange, but true. 

 

If you got rid of the extra proc damage on BIB you could've gained 3% more fire res which almost takes you to capped fire resistance without sacrificing realistically any clear speed but improves your damage mitigation.

 

Your accuracy is not good. You will miss lots of enemies. That will floor your clear speed especially in +4. 

 

In your build, things like burn would be up more often given your ageless and kick combo but not necessarily your blizzard or melt armor as much as you'd think given that the FF proc is 100% for 5 seconds not on a full 30-60 second cooldown power. You have no annihilation procs; pros and cons to this. Others debate it and say it's bad, I'm personally in the middle and use it for a small boost. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

This was on beta. Slotting Annihilation into Neutron Bomb. I know resistance resists resistance debuffs to a degree, the higher resistance the more its resisted but even still I believe you're right. This doesn't add up, Annihilation doesn't appear to be applying any resistance debuff.

The formula is this:

New Resistance = Original + (1 - Original)×(Resistance Debuff)

 

If we only look at Achilles and Opportunity, we get:

35% + (65%)×(22.2%+5.55%) = 16.96%

25% + (75%)×(22.2%+5.55%) = 4.19%

 

This is exactly what the numbers show in your screenshot which implies there is no effect from the annihilation proc. I'll dig through on the Sentinel page (I think around page 3 or 4) I can show an example of annihilation having an effect (I'll link to it later). So I dont know what's different between then and now.

 

Edit: Link to what I was referencing earlier when annihilation proc did work: 

 

 

In that example, the original resistance is 20% and it shows debuffs of 5, 9.6, and 12.5. If we ignore annihilation again, we'd get the following:

New = 20% - (80%)×(9.6%+5%) = 8.32%. However the final is -3.68%. This means one of 2 things, either Annihilation is 15% and resistable, or it's 12% and unrisistable.

Edited by Bopper
Added link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the new discussion of how useless Annihilation is, I am now going to completely forego it in Ice Storm and replace this with the OF knockdown for a double knockdown proc monster that immobolizes everything and place the kb to kd AS in Bonfire. 

 

This is THE FINAL REVISION

 

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Blast -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Frost Breath -- Ann-ResDeb%(A)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Rct-ResDam%(11), Ksm-ToHit+(13)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def(17)
Level 10: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Cauterizing Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(23), Prv-Absorb%(25), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 24: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(27), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 26: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(31), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31)
Level 28: Consume -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Combustion -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(36), PstBls-Dam%(37), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Burn -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam(43)
Level 44: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 47: Hot Feet -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1514;695;1390;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F135110C7F7564B4B4B4B2F1404C416102CB4B4801A8D4A225AA3804|
|1F80064039BB2496D37A518F096F815D4C4C470F3C9D6DB8B20F83DBC3C1B1FD418|
|D4C4274D4C9DDDFF346DECA6DBDF39FF9939332767CE4EAD9C77BDBC78774C10DDE|
|319756969EE1CFD17B4BC6D4A4DEBF382F9D8E96D65796E46CDA6B585F8A5790D9E|
|E18A6176D93072F9423CA5E7B5B92935AB1BCB19B5A0E7B282733A97CBC4670D4D5|
|B7059C3494D35F46CDA53992C68F9A545DD705BF3949E5E2C90D577C1D0E7E3A98C|
|7ACD5CCE4CB1DA4A850CD07B59A83C659BF0421184A4222845F04089F9146C78C67|
|C0E5EAFC6D28F1E6182C6222BE267D9F28AD09E654B2C8BB299D2CCC06C219B0D36|
|D916142DCD398138E72FD0F597CC9D8AD04CBE76F8DAECECEBF2804D4EA61BEC718|
|1DE267092A21CA84B74706E2F53A4751BB9E6466B170152DCACB839D30D9A79905D|
|F094244B93C9AF197E52F330AAF58544AB5ADF6FCC15F2F1234EF2F35A8100D30BD|
|E246B103E4AF00BE25ABE32BF81ADFBCC87C8BD4ADE213EB7D02968074F82E1D33C|
|3F03F69D45ECE0187885A2DA38B6ED047C3A4698A3E0A163CCE3CC8F88BD4551ED6|
|283B59FF6FBB0C5EE81430FC015F3C0B0BED2F90871D135E63A18DB00939BE055F2|
|EEE29ABADEA0BF0EEF31B7993B60F83573177C424B443836F2095AF7364EB77B87F|
|90AECD963EE82B709BD1CDBFB18B147B698EBCC35B06F83B90996286F3F9F5B7F02|
|677934C91C668E80D151B028E3DE991D3FF056B27A65F01DF33D18FB00DE21AF38A|
|F1F17907348644A6052662AA08FFA2DC17D9A08638F1DCAFFF734AC542E6AB91CAD|
|B326EA94649D3252A78CD62993B50AD732ADD47C212C2F8797BE0F50CAFB4EB272F|
|5620C113F6AB530BAE57BADD60FBF9F554D12F99648DC991277EA9F1602EFDB1FA8|
|8E53A1EA7826581D1723E6D8668DB7FC34E63AFF013C21EECA|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HellsFury said:

NateWest1987 posted his build using Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23,

 

How the heck do I download that version?  I clicked on the link, but gave me a page that looked like a lot of development notes and with my lacking adequate patience I couldn't figure out how to download the program.  I have Pines 2.21 currently and his build crashes in that.  I also searched for Hero Designer 2.23 and 2.22 was the latest thing that showed up in Google.

 

Sorry for being lame/impatient.

I figured out how to download the zip file and extracted it, but now I am clueless as to how to install it 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HellsFury said:

I figured out how to download the zip file and extracted it, but now I am clueless as to how to install it 😞

I'll look into it when I get home in a few hours, but have you tried updating directly from Pine's? I'm not even sure that is possible, figure I'd ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...