This was unexpected...

Yomo Kimyata

1 hour ago, Robotech_Master said:

You can park up to 2 billion in single bids on level 53 Hami-Os, you know...no need to mess around with 10 mil minus one Inf bids on Super Packs...

True, but if things go pear-shaped I'd rather own 200 Super Packs than one lvl 53 Hami-O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

True, but if things go pear-shaped I'd rather own 200 Super Packs than one lvl 53 Hami-O.

No one will ever own a Level 53 Hami-O. They literally can't exist in the game anymore, due to the way Hamidon Raid drops work. That's why people park excess cash on bids for them. Likewise, Discipline Inspirations (and their medium and large variations) and Consignment House/Black Market Transporter Inspirations have listings in the auction house, but the items themselves no longer exist in the game.

Back on Live, people might have still had a few of those things floating around, left over from before they were removed from the game—but since Homecoming started with a wiped database, these items have never existed in the current game, so there is literally no chance one could randomly come to exist and fulfill an auctionhouse bid. (Unless a GM had some way to create one, I guess, but even if they did, I doubt they'd ever actually do something that antisocial.)

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I park my inf on purple bids. Worst case scenario, I get cheap purples that I can use at some point in the future or flip right now for even more profit. Then again, with my net worth there isn't all that much to park as I don't really make an effort to earn more once I'm in the 3-4B zone.

Edited by DSorrow

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

8 hours ago, Robotech_Master said:

No one will ever own a Level 53 Hami-O. They literally can't exist in the game anymore, due to the way Hamidon Raid drops work. That's why people park excess cash on bids for them. Likewise, Discipline Inspirations (and their medium and large variations) and Consignment House/Black Market Transporter Inspirations have listings in the auction house, but the items themselves no longer exist in the game.

Back on Live, people might have still had a few of those things floating around, left over from before they were removed from the game—but since Homecoming started with a wiped database, these items have never existed in the current game, so there is literally no chance one could randomly come to exist and fulfill an auctionhouse bid. (Unless a GM had some way to create one, I guess, but even if they did, I doubt they'd ever actually do something that antisocial.)

Aren't all enhancements of the same type put into the same bucket regardless of level?  So if someone puts up a level 2 Hami-O (*exaggeration*), and you bid on a Level 53 Hami-O and you win, you get it at Level 53?

Or is that just for set IOs and nothing else?

Edited by Williwaw

35 minutes ago, Williwaw said:

Aren't all enhancements of the same type put into the same bucket regardless of level?  So if someone puts up a level 2 Hami-O (*exaggeration*), and you bid on a Level 53 Hami-O and you win, you get it at Level 53?

Or is that just for set IOs and nothing else?

For Hami-Os, bucketing caps at 50. Compare a level 53 HO listing to a level 50 one. If they were bucketed, they should have the same number of bids and the same price history. But you'll see a different number of bids and no price history at all for the level 53 one.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

On 9/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, Sakai said:

I was thinking...can we not boost a Hami O 3 times to make a 53?

I don't know, but am not taking the chance that someone more enterprising than me finds out!  In other news, I moved my bids to Winter Packs.  Feel free to sell them back to me now, Nemesis!

Who run Bartertown?