Huntsman (pre- and post- 24 branch leveling builds)

So I've got a few questions (relatively new to end game builds and completely new to SoA).

1. Why do you fill out Frag Grenade with Force Feedback enhancements?  Wouldn't you want to avoid the knockback, and also maybe give it some more damage instead?

2. Is 6 slotting WAWG mainly to utilize the set you've put in it? (Trap of the Hunter)

3. How important are Vengeance and Victory Rush?  I see both abilities in a lot of builds, but I've never seen anyone in game actually use them...

4. Thoughts on putting 'better' enhancements in single shot / burst?  Some other set that gives more raw stats?  I feel like the chance for heal isn't all that useful either.  I saw somewhere that generally damage procs (or -res procs) in attacks are recommended.  I know you were probably after the recharge set bonus though.

5. What do you recommend for incarnates for your Spider Crab build?

6. I saw in your archived thread that you were considering updating the build to include ATO enhancements and possibly others, such as Overwhelming Force.  However I don't see any of those enhancements in your current build links.  Did you not see a good spot to slot those?

Thanks for all the info by the way, I'm enjoying my Huntsman so far (lvl 35ish) but hoping to understand the intentions behind the build a little better.

1. Why do you fill out Frag Grenade with Force Feedback enhancements?  Wouldn't you want to avoid the knockback, and also maybe give it some more damage instead?

Because the web grenade will suppress Knockback.  With this slotting, I can do web grenade then frag grenade, or do frag grenade then web grenade.  That then gives me an "option to toss" a pack of $Targets on their butts before I web them.  It just allows some flexibility.  I also wanted the AoE Defense bonus from the 6 slots (plus the 2-5 set bonuses).  The difference in damage production is like about 30, which I considered a fair tradeoff at the time.  I may review the builds and update them later, once I've put in more playing time.

2. Is 6 slotting WAWG mainly to utilize the set you've put in it? (Trap of the Hunter)

Yes.  I needed to fill a hole in Ranged Defense and this was the lucky power to draw that straw.

3. How important are Vengeance and Victory Rush?  I see both abilities in a lot of builds, but I've never seen anyone in game actually use them...

Let's put it this way ... they'll make a difference when they get used.  How often you use them is up to the Player to determine.

4. Thoughts on putting 'better' enhancements in single shot / burst?  Some other set that gives more raw stats?  I feel like the chance for heal isn't all that useful either.  I saw somewhere that generally damage procs (or -res procs) in attacks are recommended.  I know you were probably after the recharge set bonus though.

Yes I wanted the recharge set bonus.  That means either Entropic Chaos or Decimation for the 5 slot bonus, unless reaching for Level 50 Purple sets.

As for the heal not being useful ... given how many times Single Shot and Burst get used as part of a standard rotation for an attack chain, the amount of healing derived will certainly help you out on the margins.  I look at the procs from that as being "free" regen ticks and let the dice fall where they may.  So sure, they aren't the most heavily damaging set in existence, but those Entropic Chaos procs help fill a hole for being able to recover from damage taken.  And yes, there's Serum for the Crab builds, which because Serum makes your green bar "deeper" also means that the Entropic Chaos procs will heal you for even more per proc.  So there's that.

5. What do you recommend for incarnates for your Spider Crab build?

EVERYONE and their little brother asks me this question on pretty much every build I post.

The "real" answer is ... whatever makes you happy.  No seriously.  Everyone has slightly different playstyles and "imperatives" for how they want to play THEIR character(s).  When it comes to Incarnate slotting, you're going to be the best arbiter of what is best for you.

Besides, I've got NINE ALTS TO FEED and all of them are still in the single digits on levels because I keep playing the forums instead of playing the game.

6. I saw in your archived thread that you were considering updating the build to include ATO enhancements and possibly others, such as Overwhelming Force.  However I don't see any of those enhancements in your current build links.  Did you not see a good spot to slot those?

When I was making up the builds posted in this thread, that indeed was the case.  The ATOs simply didn't provide a superior alternative to what the build was needing in terms of demand for set bonuses and so on.  It is, of course, entirely possible that I overlooked some possibilities, that will become more obvious after playing the game (and the build), but it's hard to do that without a lot of hours playing behind me ... which I didn't have (yet) at the time of the beginning of May (and honestly still haven't gotten around to yet).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

It was more a matter of dropping in (unique) Purple Sets into various things so as to maximize them.  A number of the purple Sets with a proc in them work perfectly fine at 5 slots if you skip the single purpose IO (that winds up being wasted by ED).

My preference with purple sets is to skip the single aspect IO and then use enhancement boosters on either the Dam/End or the Dam/Rech. That gets you to the ED cap for Damage and either ED caps Recharge (if it's a long recharge power) or gets you some extra endurance reduction (if it's a fast cycling power).

When I was making up the builds posted in this thread, that indeed was the case.  The ATOs simply didn't provide a superior alternative to what the build was needing in terms of demand for set bonuses and so on.  It is, of course, entirely possible that I overlooked some possibilities, that will become more obvious after playing the game (and the build), but it's hard to do that without a lot of hours playing behind me ... which I didn't have (yet) at the time of the beginning of May (and honestly still haven't gotten around to yet).

My Crab Spider is currently at level 40 so here's my thoughts on the ATO sets.

Dominion of Arachnos I like. It's got a recharge bonus in the 5-piece slot which is always good. I've currently got it in Venom Grenade since I use that as my opener and I find the proc happens often enough to be decent damage mitigation. I'm pretty confident that this will remain in my final build since I've got three targeted AoEs and the sets for those are kind of meh anyway. So I like the set and Venom Grenade seems to be a good place for the proc.

Spider's Bite I'm less sure on. I'll probably end up keeping it since the Superior version has a 5% Melee Defense for four pieces which is hard to pass up but it's a lower priority. The global enhancement hasn't wowed me. The low rate and low damage aren't exactly game changing, I suspect I'll end up dropping it to make more room for defensive globals.

Defender Smash!

Thoughts on the build below?

Very similar to your build, Redlynne, but I tried to make it a little more 'greedy'.  I feel like I do ... okay damage, but I'd like to feel my personal contribution a little more.

I figure adding another pet in (unfortunately not perma, unless maybe enough FF procs) and slotting more damage/procs would help with that. 

One thing I noticed is that WAWG wasn't working well for me.  Majority of mobs were dead by the time I used WAWG and maybe VG/HB (at lvl ~50 content). 

Instead, I'll just let someone else open (since really I'm a dmg/support), then just stick to VG -> HB -> FG -> whatever.  Plus I slotted FG with KB->KD, so it'll work as a bit of CC.

I probably will miss the Entropic Chaos healing proc, and I definitely won't be a great soloist with this build due to little CC (maybe could work with one of the other pets?).

Another thing I found was that Intuition rather than Musculator might be a better Alpha incarnate.  You lose some damage, but you gain hold duration, range, and defense debuff.  The range, especially, let's me slot HB with an additional proc.  You lose 12% damage, but part of it is lost to ED anyway so it's probably not so bad.  I'm thinking I could maybe drop tactics too (attacks have -def, plus all attacks have some accuracy, and still will have TT:L on), but I'd need to find another place to get +rech.

Anyway, curious to hear your thoughts!

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier

Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier

Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Single Shot

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (3) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (3) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (5) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (29) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 2: Burst

• (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (46) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 6: Maneuvers

Level 8: Heavy Burst

• (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range
  • (13) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (15) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (15) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
  • (17) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers

• (42) Red Fortune - Endurance
  • (42) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge

Level 12: Venom Grenade

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (19) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 14: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 18: Frag Grenade

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (23) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (23) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (25) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (25) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic
  • (27) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (34) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 22: Mental Training

• (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 24: Fortification

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (27) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection

Level 26: Tactics

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff
  • (34) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (34) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (37) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance/Recharge

Level 28: Serum

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (45) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (46) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (46) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 30: Hover

• (A) Flight Speed IO
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 32: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (33) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 35: Summon Spiderlings

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 38: Call Reinforcements

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure
  • (40) HamiO:Peroxisome Exposure

Level 41: Mace Blast

• (A) Empty

Level 44: Disruptor Blast

• (A) Empty

Level 47: Summon Blaster

• (A) Blood Mandate - Accuracy/Damage
  • (48) Blood Mandate - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Blood Mandate - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (48) Blood Mandate - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (50) Blood Mandate - Accuracy
  • (50) Blood Mandate - Damage

Level 49: Vengeance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Conditioning

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

Level 2: Health

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (42) Miracle - +Recovery

Level 2: Hurdle

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (29) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (31) Endurance Modification IO

Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon

Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany

Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface

------------

------------

The only problem with Huntsman builds is one of subtlety...

all of your effects are very subtle. There's few gigantic explosions, your dps is solid and quickly mows down a spawn, but you don't insta-trash like a blaster nuke. your leadership is powerful and soft-caps most of your team, but no one notices until the dominator wanders too far and wonders why he died, Your brutal debuffs are only noticed because your team kills much much faster than usual without the fancy glows and circles. Your pets are there, but no one really pays attention to Pet dps because while it's enormous, per-shot it's so much lower than players, and people mostly grumble about them getting in the way, and you cannot jump into the middle of a spawn easily and tank it out until others get there to finish off the bosses.

The only ones who even notice you are there are the ones stuck in the middle of melee who's speakers are filled with dozens of ratatatats while everything falls down. And they might not even notice if you have a blaster's booms and splashes.

Often times you feel seriously undervalued on teams, Although you very, very seldom get kicked for not assisting...you also aren't the first on their list for valued comrades, despite your insane contributions. +15% to-hit, +20% damage, +30% defense, -20%-40% enemy resists, You will never hear "Good Buffs' or "Good heal" or "Nice job clearing that spawn" because YOUR buffs work nearly as well if you are doing absolutely nothing but following the leader and resummoning pets occasionally. The only team leaders desperate to get you are the ones that play hunstmen themselves, and REALLY understand what you bring subtley to the table.

It can be a little disheartening because you cannot easily jump into a +4/+8 spawn by yourself and clear it before the team catches up, or put cute special effects on everyone else, or surround all the enemies with rings of fire. Sometimes that makes the huntsman a little hard to get into playing...

Looks like I haven't told this story in this thread yet ...

So I was playing my Hunts(wo)man on a Strike Force (back on Virtue, in the day) and we had a Force Fielder and an Empath with us along for the ride ... and because of the combined effects of Force Fields and my Auras, the Empath basically had "nothing to do" and was just waiting for people to get damaged (which they weren't while they stayed with the group).  So I pointed this out to the Force Fielder and the two of us decided to stick close to each other for best overlapping of Auras and just let the melee monsters go nuts (which they were THOROUGHLY ENJOYING doing!) ... while the Empath continued to have basically nothing to do, aside from tag along and watch.  I figure the Empath kept thinking that there would be a sudden nasty situation that would demand tons of endurance to counter ... and it just kept NOT HAPPENING for them.

So after another mission complete, I told the Empath (who was a Defender) in team chat that they should feel free to start Offending whenever they were ready.

The Empath Defender Just STOPPED.

They'd been moving with everyone, but the Empath just STOPPED moving.  I figure the Player was so stunned by the suggestion that they had taken their hands off the keyboard.

About 15 seconds later, the Empath replies in team chat with "What did you just say?"

I pointed out that yes, they were an Empath and a Defender, but while everyone stayed within range of the stacked Auras of the Force Fielder and myself hardly any damage was being taken, leaving the Empath Defender a unique opportunity to go offensive and start dealing damage along with the rest of us.  Yes, Empathy was their primary powerset, but they also had a secondary, and although they were a Defender there was no good reason why they couldn't be an OFFender right now on this team because they were MORE than JUST a DEFender.

And The Empath Defender Just STOPPED.  AGAIN.

Finally, after about another 20 seconds of silence (while I politely waited for them to get it back together again) ... the Empath said in team chat ... "That may be the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me."

After that, the Force Fielder, Empath and my Hunts(wo)man were practically inseparable for the rest of the run.  That Empath switched over into Offender Mode and basically never looked back for the rest of the run.  The three of us became the "leaders" of the group, since anyone who got too far ahead (and out of range of our Auras) encountered a rude awakening faceplanting in relatively short order, followed by a side order of mockery from the Force Fielder and Empath.  The Go Darwin Go factor kicked in, our overly ambitious melee monsters "learned" they tended to live longer by sticking with the group and we proceeded to lay waste to everything in our path ... wholesale ... rather than retail.  And I swear, that Empath Defender had more fun being an Offender on that run than they had ever had before with that character, to the point of starting to succumb to Scrapperlock (or at least, Blasterlock) due to the amount of gusto on display at finally being "allowed" to Join The Team as a damage producer.

Good times.  *^_^*

Needless to say, I got quite the Thank You from the Empath after all of that, especially since they'd assumed at first that I was insulting them, rather than inviting them to join the carnage so they wouldn't be bored following us around anymore.

Yeah.  Good times.  *^_^*

I'm still really proud of that one ... and at the time, what I was doing was about as "obvious" to the team as an Empath not needing to heal all the time.

So yeah ... just because I make it LOOK easy doesn't mean it IS easy (without me) ...

• Thumbs Up 1

IifneyR.gif

Aw!  That was a really nice story!

I respec'd my crab spider again last night to try to go full longfang and...well...it sucked.  I ate pavement about 7 times last night in a group and it wasn't nearly as fun as my jank-ass take on Red's builds or the builds themselves. 

I highly recommend following the builds as detailed, and if you DO decide to go it alone... use them as a baseline for spider's sake! 

What are the pros and cons of the different crab soldiers? I like the idea of using the backpack attacks. What will I lose in doing so?

The backpack attacks animate more slowly, but they have a different damage type (Energy instead of Lethal) and the Cone attack has a wider arc (60º instead of 30º).

My personal preference is to use 2 builds on the same character ... one that is all rifle attacks and a second that is all backpack attacks (aside from the Web Grenade, which can only be fired from the rifle for some reason).  Of course, doing that would be EXPENSIVE since you're basically slotting out TWO BUILDS by doing that, but hey ... it's good to have long term goals.

To elaborate more fully, in the time it takes to animate 5 different backpack attacks (with no repeats) you can animate 6 rifle attacks (with no repeats) in the same amount of time.  This means that use of the backpack attacks results in a different ... tempo ... of game play.  Whether that slower tempo is to your liking is a question that only you can answer.

In order to use the Wide Area Web Grenade you HAVE TO use the rifle, since there is no backpack equivalent attack, since Aim replaces Wide Area Web Grenade on the Crab primary powerset, compared to the Arachnos Soldier primary powerset.

IifneyR.gif

• 3 months later

I based my Huntsman/Bane on your Bane build and so felt like this was the most appropriate place to share what I have come up with. I hope it will be useful to anyone looking to add a little extra to the defensive layers of the Bane based Huntsman:

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Kithix: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(5)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(7), GldArm-ResDam(42), GldArm-RechRes(43)
Level 2: Burst -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 6: Wide Area Web Grenade -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(15), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(15), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(17), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(17), TraoftheH-Dam%(19)
Level 8: Heavy Burst -- AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rng(21), Dtn-Dmg/Rng(21), HO:Centri(23), AchHee-ResDeb%(23)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43), Rct-Def(43), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(29)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 16: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(31), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Ann-ResDeb%(33)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Build%(36)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 26: Cloaking Device -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 35: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Surveillance -- AnlWkn-DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(46), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(46), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), HO:Endo(46)
Level 44: Wolf Spider Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 47: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(42)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25), Pnc-Heal/+End(27), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------

The biggest change I made was the drop Tactics, Vengeance and Victory Rush. I used the power choices and slots this freed up, along with a couple other slots I felt could be pulled off other powers, to fit in a number of the defensive globals which were skipped in the original build. Since the new globalmule powers included some space for LotGs I was able to move the LotG out of TT:Maneuvers and slot in a full set of Reactive Defense. I also switched the set in Frag Grenade to Annihilation as I felt that the -res proc and set bonuses would be about as good as Force Feedback while avoiding enhancing KB. One of the major goals of my tweaks was to improve the build's resists. I did this by adding the Shieldwall global, slotting a couple Gladiator's armor pieces into Bane Spider Armor(I also wanted the extra kb protection), using Wolf Spider Armor as my mule for Unbreakable Guard +hp to take advantage of the few % of extra resists, slotting a full set of Reactive Defenses in TT:Maneuvers including the scaling res bonus, and switching one Centriole Exposure in Heavy Burst for a Detonation:Damage/Range(sacrificing a 3% range and 5% damage on the power for an extra S/L bonus. Finally I switched a couple of regular sets out for ATOs and a purple set since I have the inf laying around for it.

• 2 years later
  • 2 years later
On 5/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, Redlynne said:

Level 1: Single Shot

• (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
  • (3) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
  • (3) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
  • (5) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (5) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20

Level 2: Burst

• (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
  • (9) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
  • (9) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
  • (13) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (13) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20

I see you like to use entropic chaos. This might be a noobi question but is that an attuned enhancement set?  I know they don’t work under the minimum range of the sets but I was not sure if they would work for a level 50 or someone of the set range cap. Or are you getting level 35s?

7 minutes ago, balor said:

I see you like to use entropic chaos. This might be a noobi question but is that an attuned enhancement set?  I know they don’t work under the minimum range of the sets but I was not sure if they would work for a level 50 or someone of the set range cap. Or are you getting level 35s?

If you use a set that caps out at 35 then that is the highest the bonuses from the attuned enhancements will scale. Sometimes it is worth using some lower level enhancements when they give set bonuses a build uses, especially if you are already hitting scaling caps on important features. IE a lot of DMG sets push hard into the red on DMG at higher levels, and the lower level sets often compromise on accuracy, which is often a minor concern for SoAs given all the ToHit and accuracy bonuses they can get elsewhere.

Thanks Henoros!

I was trying to wrap my head around that.  I just returned after a two year break and working on my mid 30s huntsman.  My mid build for him is on a old broken computer so I'm working on relearning everything.  Main goal is a simi solo huntsman and yea I know these are designed for groups but my life style mostly promotes solo play.  Darn real life impacting gaming.

11 minutes ago, balor said:

Main goal is a simi solo huntsman and yea I know these are designed for groups but my life style mostly promotes solo play.

The Huntsman build I posted does just fine solo. Since it is pretty closely based on Redlynne's I have no doubt his would as well. Huntsman should end up feeling kinda like a Sentinel to run solo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henoros said:

The Huntsman build I posted does just fine solo. Since it is pretty closely based on Redlynne's I have no doubt his would as well. Huntsman should end up feeling kinda like a Sentinel to run solo.

I feel like a goof but you have only 2 posts on your account and both are right here.  Did you post under a different account name or on the discord with your build?

Huh, I don't know if I had a different user

6 minutes ago, balor said:

Did you post under a different account name or on the discord with your build?

I don't know if HC got rid of display names on the forum, or if I just didn't get the info for it into my PW manager, but I posted as Radament in 2019.