A Question from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

I'll admit I'm still reviewing the list of all requests/wishes that have already been captured but, here's a couple I've had on my mind lately (apologies if someone else has suggested these already):

1) Further augment powers/power sets to change & better support Arch types - instead of just switching primary/secondary sets with arch types (like between Tank/Brute) 

Allow things like a ranged char to have Shield Defense where they can actually throw the shield at targets (like CapAmerica) for a ranged attack

If using Ninja Run or new power that allows chars to hang or craw up walls & buildings, or spider power to hang upside down like in caves (range attack from ceiling, etc...)

2) create some sort of award that once unlocked allows a char to mix & match any powers thus creating a customized power set 

3) destructible environment & new power set with powers that allow rebuilding (support char) - get awards for keeping city repaired

more to come ...

For me, I find micro-transactions break immersion and pull me out of the game, so if they are included, I would really like to see a subscription model rolled out alongside, so that people like me can continue to enjoy the game, and the bells and whistles can be added without altering game-play.

Further to that perhaps adopting something akin to the Kingdom of Loathing donation/subscription model would make the player base content,

As for the game itself, I love the idea of new content, within reason, but new arcs, new stories, I like the idea of new ATs but I don't really need them, I think the present variety gives us enough,

However as was earlier said I would love if the build changing allowed you to change AT instead of just power picks/slotting, so one toon could have a tank build, MM and a blaster, and so on,

If it were possible, having a nemesis system, maybe a generic arc with your nemesis stuck in as AV, the arc being origin, AT and choice dependent, could be fun,

Or a nemesis group, to replace the somewhat generic gang, one group that would pop up as you progressed, targeting you specifically, there could be ambushes and what have you, and they could be showing up in the more common style missions; for example: click the glowie, defeat all, then rescuse someone's dog type of things,

As for transparency, NCSoft and all that, I want the game to be online and available, I don't need much more, so whatever makes that work, I should be happy with

• Like 2

I would dearly love to have the ability to do a character exports, for two reasons. First, to be able to have our own backups of our characters and second, to be able to import them back into our own private servers if the need ever arose.  I can't stress how much I don't want to start over anymore.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bnaked said:

I would dearly love to have the ability to do a character exports, for two reasons

/buildfile exports your character's build.  You can save your costume at Icon or Facemaker.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I wasn't thinking of the character builds, per se, but the actual information that comprised the characters (xp, inf, level, etc).  Something that could be imported elsewhere.  I have my builds and costumes pretty much documented at this point.  So in the event of Homecoming shutting down (god forbid), I could import my characters to a personal server without losing my progress.

• Like 1

Ability to get more server transfers.

More story arcs in the 20-40 range. Some of the recent ones are really cool.

Purchasable costume temp powers, that would be perma.

Occasional GM-run contests on servers. Those were fun in the day, when a Comm Mod or someone should up to play etc.

Featured build of the week, to expose people to new stuff.

How about this for a wish for the devs, toning down or the ability for the user to tone down the effects of everyone else's special effects.  That way I can actually see the target I'm shooting at...It took me a year and a half when the game was out originally to actually SEE Clamor's design.

• Haha 1

Some MM primary sets with Melee abilities for the MM.  

For blast sets.  some More pure T9 Ranged Nukes.  Right now the pure ranged ones seem lackluster.

T9 Ranged Nukes.

Archery,

Assault Rifle

Beam Rifle

Electrical Blast - but the Short Circiuit is pbaoe

Ice Blast

Water Blast.

1. A rebuilding of Galaxy City. Slowly bring back the city from ruin. As it rebuilds have the enemy factions battling for power. Heroes must struggle to keep control as the city is rebuilt. Story Arcs could tell the story of it's comeback.

2. Mastermind Secondary power revamp. Seems the secondary is more of a Defender set for most of the powers. Would like to see more of a "Blaster/Scrapper" mentality for the player.  More "Hero" type options for Mastermind pets. Early in my thought of this so not sure what to implement here. 

3. More higher level content for the Skulls, Hellions and Outcasts.

4.  Newer Graphics Engine yet keeping System Requirements as low as possible.

Thank you for your serious interest and hard work in reviving City of Heroes!

Edited by PennZephre
  • Like 1

You really want this? fine, I could give you a wide and extensive list of things I'd like to see "to come"

Pet customization. (pet designer)

Mythical creatures mastermind set, with [Summon Dragon] as one of the big final power choices and [Basilisk] somewhere in there pet with -Regen + Pure Toxic DoT [Extreme?] + Hold.

Weapon Customization (Weapon builder)

Weapon graphics allowed in non-weapon sets. 

Custom firing points for ranged attacks, (so you can shoot fire from a sword or your mouth, (or even your bum) rather than your fists for example)

Player AE TF/SF higher AE rewards but required to finish x number of missions at a set diff.

Player Zone Maps (Origin place map, maps related to player specific stories, not necessarily in Paragon or such.), like SG builder but to build own maps (indoor and outdoor) can be in AE and or allow each player to have their own actual zone that can be accessed with permission etc.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Joshex said:

Pet customization. (pet designer)

Mythical creatures mastermind set, with [Summon Dragon] as one of the big final power choices and [Basilisk] somewhere in there pet with -Regen + Pure Toxic DoT [Extreme?] + Hold.

Mythical creatures MM? OMG, I want.  A dragon would be awesome, so would a unicorn, though not as impressive as a fire-breathing dragon, it could do mind or sonic and be beautiful.  And minotaurs and griffins and gorgons and a phoenix and Cerberus or two.  Sigh!  What a wonderful idea. 

Edited by Tahliah
clarity
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tahliah said:

Mythical creatures MM? OMG, I want.  A dragon would be awesome, so would a unicorn, though not as impressive as a fire-breathing dragon, it could do mind or sonic and be beautiful.  And minotaurs and griffins and gorgons and a phoenix and Cerberus or two.  Sigh!  What a wonderful idea. 

I couldn't agree more!

one thing I was thinking was there'd have to be elemental considerations for some summons, dragon for instance can be ice/water, fire, air/storm, earth/steel, and dark(element buttons pop up when summon is clicked before the summon location is chosen).

I think the benefits of [Dragon] should be that it's a pet that can withstand AV damage when buffed and enhanced and so long as you keep healing it, it should have a natively high Res[85% to all, except lethal[75%], this pet only] and Def [90% all] extreme HP [5000?] for itself, maybe it's slow but has [flight], [extreme element AOE] (though only fires once every few minutes (uses claws and bite[high Lethal], tail whip [high smashing] at other times)) should also consider it should have a chance to Confuse in [cone] (looking into a dragon's eyes an lead to being enchanted). [summon recharge: Very Long, 20 minutes+?]

Benefits of element attack after initial AoE:
Fire: High DoT

Ice/Water: Low DoT, High Hold

Air/Storm/electric: High Stun, -to hit, -end(sapper)

Earth/Steel: moderate earth hold + moderate stun.

Dark: -to hit, -regen

Skins should include chinese dragon and medieval style dragon skins.

[Basilisk] weak to damage of any type[no self protections low HP], but especially weak to other pets (even when buffed other pets 1-shot it). Extreme damage DoT to anything it touches and anything that touches it's trail till killed DoT and trail linger after defeat for x time (30 seconds?)(more like a trap than a pet).

[Pheonix] should be a summon that auto re-summons itself after X time of defeat. can fly, [high fire damage] with DoT, can be told to resurrect anything even other pets (then it dies and will need to be resummoned by the player) moderate HP.

Edited by Joshex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaemonWithin said:

I'd like to be able to load my old characters back.  I saved them back in 2012.  I still have the files.  

Bump... I know it's only been 3 minutes.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

New powersets with all-new animations, no recycling from other powersets.

New animations for travel powers. I like the temp disc flying power but it would be nice to make that my permanent and enhanceable Fly.

More alternate animations for more powersets.(Think Flares where it has two different animations but so many other powers do not have this option)

If possible, more ways to spruce up old zones, giving reasons for people to visit them more often. Maybe some random ambushes to your 50 as he travels through Steel Canyon as an option. Maybe more vehicles or NPCs flying through the air in each zone? If that is too much, please continue to add different looks to the windows in each zone.

Create some new enhancement sets that better match powers. One example comes to mind are Endurance Modification sets that mostly use Acc yet many of those are wasted on powers like the Self Endurance power from Ninjitsu. It doesn't need Acc.

New missions with different interiors at all levels!!!

I know not popular but I don't mind a subscription or microtransactions to support the game. I know development is not cheap and especially not free. If we get some truly big changes, I would expect to pay for them like any other game.

more:
I'm remembering all the good ones;

I remember people have also requested:
1: an underwater zone.
2: a Turok hidden valley/sir arthur connan doyle's the lost world style "hot spot" zone where dinosaurs are still alive and in abundance and various formerly human mutated monstrosities roam free. (maybe accessible through oranbega?)

and lets not forget the reanimated dinosaur bones trope.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 4:27 AM, Joshex said:

1: an underwater zone.

This would also be incredibly cool. 

I know there are (or used to be) underwater areas in the game (I think in Cim, maybe?), but I haven't seen them.  I did run into a neat underwater area running the Midnighter's arc.  In the mission where you rescue that aggro-crazy Lady Jane there is a bridge over some water, and if you jump in, you're underwater and can swim under the bridge.  It's pretty amazing fun!  I'd love to have something swimmy to "arrest" under there.  Heh.

• Like 1

Two suggestions that I feel would really help. 

1.) Create an account wide badge that enables access to Cimerora with any character. Maybe after you have completed the Cim arc like 3 - 5 times or something, or even just once. Having 60+ characters it is really annoying when I am playing one and I try to join an ITF only to realize I haven't run the arc. 

2.) Sorting options for the character selection screen. Maybe with two layers, sort first by and sort second by, that way you could sort by archetype and level, or by level and then by name. If not two layers, just one would be really helpful. Manually arranging my characters is a real chore as I like to sort them by level, but the way the sorting works I basically have to move the character one slot at a time until they are in the right place. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, atomictoyguy said:

Two suggestions that I feel would really help. 

1.) Create an account wide badge that enables access to Cimerora with any character. Maybe after you have completed the Cim arc like 3 - 5 times or something, or even just once. Having 60+ characters it is really annoying when I am playing one and I try to join an ITF only to realize I haven't run the arc. 

2.) Sorting options for the character selection screen. Maybe with two layers, sort first by and sort second by, that way you could sort by archetype and level, or by level and then by name. If not two layers, just one would be really helpful. Manually arranging my characters is a real chore as I like to sort them by level, but the way the sorting works I basically have to move the character one slot at a time until they are in the right place. 

For item number 1, there is a quick answer.

Just go to Night Ward.  Take your character up the path to the house on the hill, which is very close to the portal exit.  Go in the door, and you are immediately awarded the Midnighter badge.

What was no more, is REBORN!

I want there to be no bad choices presented.  That means balancing existing powersets and ATs, updating old content such as missions and particularly TFs.  Streamlining or doing away with TO's, DOs, and SOs - they just seem to be vendor trash now.  

I want bad old zones remade into good new zone.  But I do not want more generic city zones.  We have a lot of city.  Boomtown being redone like Faultline would be a waste.  Come up with themed zones that are unique and cool - chinatown, a theme park, cyberpunk area, etc.  

On 11/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, DougGraves said:

I want there to be no bad choices presented.  That means balancing existing powersets and ATs, updating old content such as missions and particularly TFs.  Streamlining or doing away with TO's, DOs, and SOs - they just seem to be vendor trash now.  

I want bad old zones remade into good new zone.  But I do not want more generic city zones.  We have a lot of city.  Boomtown being redone like Faultline would be a waste.  Come up with themed zones that are unique and cool - chinatown, a theme park, cyberpunk area, etc.  

most existing powersets are somewhat balanced, but if I had the raw numbers and battle calcs i might be able to suggest some fine-tuning. updating old content? I like the old content, we can have new content as well.

Enhancements: you may think they are useless but you'd be arguing a point that others would disagree with.

TO's when you first start a toon, you are likely to have no inf to put into it, to be honest it'd be an expensive task to pay the upkeep cost of it as it levels. also keep in mind there are no sets at such levels. anytime below level 10 TO's are the difference between being good and being great.

DO's are less expensive than SOs and for a toon below level 20 DO's are going to be the most cost effective thing to upgrade every 3 levels as, even in most content these levels go fast. you wouldn't want to dish out for SOs every 3 levels till you can earn enough to slot everything with it, that monitary ability comes a bit later.

SO's, do remember that while IOs are available at most levels, making, buying or even collecting the things to craft them and the inf necessary is kinda rough. the average price at Lv 20 to LV30 when they will make the most difference is about 30k each. you might think that having it stable and not decreasing with level makes the difference, but you also need to factor in that the enhancement value increases with the level of the enhancement. so slotting Lv20s is just not gonna cut it at 25 and Lv20s is gonna be like wearing paper armor at 30, while that may be a valid function at a comic convention, yeah you will need to buy more IOs and replace them every few levels anyways. at this point every 3 levels you should be able to slot a full selection of +3 SOs which can make or break.

around 30+ I start doing IOs that's where I can start affording them and also where their enhancement rates start being whats necessary to deal with the foes at any significant difficulty. around 40 I suggest starting with sets and a good build.

In summary each type of enhancement was designed with a specific mission difficulty and level in mind. they are all necessary. and by the way, they can help you afford those nifty sets. when you no longer need something sell it in WW/BM quick sale style for 1 inf each, you will get more than that most of the time. In fact you'll get more than the store price in most cases. Anything that you have that there are 0 bids for, just take it to an origin store and sell it, sell everything you don't need after every few missions or arc or whenever you fill up.

if all the enhancements were awesome, no one would ever want to sell them.

Zones, graphics upgrades could be possible, new contacts might be good, but completely recreating a zone might not be the best. the zones are rather themed. but yes new themed zones are always fun.