A Question from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

7 minutes ago, donobeastson said:

I would like if the inspiration option "Combine 3 into..." allows you to also upgrade to the same color, 1 tier up. Say, combine 3 Insight into 1 Keen Insight.

Edit: I would also suggest that mastermind pets on your team/league have collisions with friendlies disabled.

Devs from the old game had made sure to prevent that so players wouldn't abuse the inspiration system through the vendors

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Community, stability, transparency. 

Obviously I'd love to see new content,  some improvements to existing assets, and so on,  but all built on the bedrock of maintaining our excellent community, knowing our characters are safe, and continuing transparent communication. 

• Like 3

updated character models and textures

new power sets/finished power sets/updated power sets (hard light!)

loss of archtype/power set restrictions

upgrades world textures

ability to move with a mouse and not turn on the constant move feature

improved base builder UI

more options for the procedural side missions(both new areas and new stories)

the old story comics placed on the website

more story content, not just endgame incarnate stuff

improved lighting(I placed this at the bottom cause I know this would take a major overhaul of the engine like when cryptic did it to sto)

and if you open an in game cash shop, reasonable pricing.

-+-+-
all that said, I honestly already have what I wanted, CoX back. Thanks for your hard work and efforts to make this resurrection a legal and sustainable thing

• Like 3

I would like to see new content, and more changeling raids. I wouldn't mind paying a small monthly fee if it was needed; a discount for couples or families would be awesome. Please keep the micro transactions to a minimum Play to win games are not fun for those that are on a budget. 

Most of all I am happy to have the game back! 

Edited by Wild Ivy
  • Like 1

Powers balance changes with free respecs.  Don't let energy melee, dual pistols, and so on stay bad for the sake of nostalgia or fear of backlash.  Just freaking do it and grant respecs.  Actual rebalance.  I know it isn't easy, but just do it.

New powersets.  Work on creating animation and particle effects.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

New Incarnate content and Incarnate slots.  I want to see The Coming Storm arc completed using the Lore Bible and Paragon's artwork (I'm guessing they had the Battalion designs completed before shutdown). However, under no circumstances do I want Praetorian Cole replacing Primal Cole as Statesman. To me, one of the best things about Who Will Die is that it moved the signature heroes to the side for us to take that lead role.

Elemental weapons, not as a powerset, but as an option across all weapon based powersets. For example, Lightning/Fire/Water/Energy/Psionic swords, axes, bows, guns, hammers, etc. More travel powers and a lot more costume pieces, especially ethnic hairstyles (including an overhaul or revamp of the currently existing ones, a lot of them are terrible).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SeaLily said:

NPC costume parts on player characters

agreed, as mentioned in costume category, long hair styles,....better modern tactical clothing gear, tactical battle gear, vests, holsters,  tactical travel?  modern tactical jump pack? female mm pets for all mm archetypes...

• Like 2

Updated textures for everything. starting with costume pieces.  I have 16GB of system ram with 6GB of video ram. For many people even 8GB of ram is common. Anyone else remember how in 2004 at release 1GB was a tad overkill. I looked it up, in late 2004 the best video card you could buy had 256MB of ram. There is room now lets use it :D

• Like 4

I would love to see:

• The other incarnates mentioned in mids
  • The return of Super Group base raids
  • A copy/paste option for base editing (of multiple items)
  • Mastermind pet customizations 
  • A Tank class with crowd control might be interesting
  • A way to turn off the out dated graphics card check when opening the game
  • The ability to openly stream the game or post Youtube videos regularly like other games
  • An official mids designer that is updated as the game is updated
  • The release of the other pool powers listed in mids
  • Updated graphics engine would be really cool.

That's all I can think of at this moment. All of them are minor things, but might still be fun. I'll add more if I think of anything.

Edited by Vayek4
  • Like 1

New taskforces, especially more redside strike forces or "purple side" task forces.  Some well-designed incarnate tier taskforces (as opposed to trials) so that there's a layer of accessible but challenging incarnate content that doesn't revolve around "mini raids."  Leave behind the whole "time to complete" as a metric of rewards and do things to counteract "rush culture."  The way merit values are currently assigned to content creates perverse incentives for players and can actively detract from the fun.

Trials as they currently are designed, I can really take or leave.  Most of them are too short and too oriented towards rushing from objective to objective as quickly as possible.  Honestly I'm over "rush culture" and would like to have a game with a steadier sense of pacing and fewer incentives to bypass things.  If trials could be made more deliberately paced and engaging, use mechanics that provide opportunities for decision-making and managing an encounter, provide good roles for crowd control and support characters, and start using everyone's health pools as a resource instead of having a binary "you're fine or you're dead" feel for most characters, I'd be keen with up to 3-team trials as well.  But in doing so, do away with "participation metering" for rewards - again, this creates perverse incentives for players and actively detracts from fun.

• Like 3

@Flux Vector

Formerly from Virtue

There's no list long enough on a personal level, but if it had to be something I'd appreciate the older Paragon City zones getting the Atlas Park treatment, or Kings Row treatment if that's not possible. So the former is a total zone revamp, while Kings Row got some new storylines and the Skulls got an update. I'd love to see the same applied to the Outcasts, the Lost and so on, each one could be done in an Issue to stagger the release.

The other thing would be revisiting older Task Forces and in particular the most unpopular ones, such as Synapse, Citadel & Numina. On a person level I feel the Shadow Shard task forces should just be nuked and re-done completely, but then I imagine that would tie in to any Shadow Shard content/update.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I'll second some of the things I've seen already:

- more content

- inexpensive pay model ($15/month is too much)

- Transparency with the dev team

Other than that, I'm just happy to play the game again. I missed the last 2 issues or so when they came out so I'm looking forward to that content right now.

• Like 1

In order of preference:

1) New content.  This can mean new incarnate trials, new story arcs, new zones, etc.  I expect this is probably the most difficult to implement.  But, without new content the game will eventually get too repetitive doing the same missions over and over.  Perhaps there's some way to leverage the Architect Missions and promote the best ones to actual game content missions?  Also some existing content should be updated.  Older task forces stand out here.

2) New power sets are always interesting.  I'd also like to see updates of existing, older, sets to make them compare well against the more recent sets.  This has to be done carefully, though, since you don't want to ruin a currently decent set.  It would be nice if no set was considered underpowered, though I expect some sets will always stand out.

3) New costume options are always welcome.

Edited by Keleko
  • Like 2

More ways to earn incarnate salvage and empyrean merits outside of trials. 

More quick and easy TF/SF that can be completed with 4 people. Perfect example is summer blockbuster. 

Generally any sf/tf that can be done in 30 minutes would be awesome. I mean something that can be done in less than an hour even when the team is struggling. Dfb and summer blockbuster are great examples.

• Like 2

Keep to the open progression. I like the simplifications made to token currencies and how I'm not herded into content I don't want to do just to progress a character. If you maintain the 'play how you want' philosophy we have now, I'm happy with just about anything else y'all do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to see some more NPC costume pieces become available, if possible. Things like Tyrant's shoulder guards or the D.U.S.T. Camo suits from first ward. I know a lot of NPC costumes are one piece but any that can be made available would be awesome. 

Also gotta throw another hat in the ring for more content. Wharf filled in would be nice but I'd really like to see more signature arcs. Maybe some that follow some of the smaller NPCs.

P.S. - I'd also love to see the Romulus/Romulus Nictus swords added to dual blades. Love the look but not on broadsword. 

Edited by Daemonic Shadow
  • Like 2

Homecoming is in a sweet spot right now so don't change too much.

- No character wipe.

- New content development. Paragon's writers were just getting into a really nice groove when the game was shut down. The i24 story arcs were incredible. If anything re-hire Dr. Aeon and get him to continue the plot.

- Some kind of guarantee that we can keep playing without worrying of being shut down again. Or a way to move our characters and bases to a private/illegitimate server if another shutdown does happen.

- I'd ask for my old characters back but I think my main is better off now than when he was at shut down. At the least I'd like my SG base back.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

COH will always be something I come back to every now and again if nothing updates and everything stays the same as it is now, with maybe some small additions here and there.

However, what would get me interested and really keep me playing consistently is knowing there would be consistent new missions, story arcs, task forces, etc. that are come with every update. New power sets would be cool, revamping out-dated old missions/Task Forces is welcomed, and the game's graphics getting an update would be nice, but new content is absolutely essential for me. Continuing the main arc/batallion stuff mainly, but also making brand new arcs for characters of all levels is what I want to see. It can even be with enemies already in the game if that makes it easier... I just want to see more arcs with the quality of some of the later ones we saw. It really felt like the development team was hitting their stride in this regard before the shut down. Obviously it'll be new people handling it, but thus far I have no reason to think the homecoming team won't be able to execute quality stories for us to play.

#2 would be getting rid of those old, cramped, purple cave maps and replacing them with the bigger caves. In all arcs. Except one... just for the heck of it so they're not completely extinct (it'd be a bit cool to still have them for that one mission/whatever).

And I'm mostly a melee toon guy, so any power set additions to Scrappers/Tanks/Brutes/Stalkers would be #3.

Edit: Actually #2 would be adding back in the remainder of the original incarnate tree/continuing with that and releasing them with each update. While I'm sure some people would be against it, I still want to have that all-powerful toon that can wreck multiple AV's at once like what we saw at the beginning of Mender Ramiel's arc. Sure it'd make normal missions trivial... but that's part of the fun. To grow a toon so powerful you can laugh at Maria Jenkins missions solo +4 x8 (which I'm sure some can do already, but still).

Edit 2: Oh, and I second no p2w. Although I'd be fine with requiring a subscription to play the game (not sure I'd recommend it though, but I'd happily pay that).

Edited by Killerizor
  • Like 1

I'd like to see more ancillary pools, so that there is one thematic match for at least every primary that an AT can access.

Fully implementing the planned origin power pools.

I'd also like the iffy and/or outdated power sets to receive some thoughtful attention to make them play better. Stone Armour could do with a real niche, for example.

Then of course I'd like more costume pieces, auras and so on.

• Like 2