Pet slotting and double domination

Mansome

Hi all I am trying to get the most out of pets while making them more survivable. The biggest issue is I don't know what the defense or resistance numbers are for the pets. I wanted to use the defense or resistance pet io to help with their squishiness. 

My next issue is building for perma Dom. How much recharge is s needed for perma Dom and do incarnate abilities help you at all with domination recharge or status effect duration?

I have the defense IO slotted right now and i can't say it does much even with it stacking with Maneuvers and Link Minds, sadly. The resistance one may be better, i am not sure.

Perma Dom can be achieved (though a bit finicky, depends on how well Hasten syncs up, or if you managed to delay Hasten with queuing attacks or something) with (minus Hasten) around 70-75%, but you'll want a bit of wiggle room, so you'll likely want to get to 80-85% or higher for it to be consistent, and give yourself a bit of time to hit it even if you're in the middle of an attack or something.  If you take the Secondary Mutation power from the P2W vendor, you have a chance of Quick Reflexes which gives you a 30% bonus which I used while leveling for occasional periods of perma dom before i got all my IO's in place.

Incarnate abilities generally work by effectively adding to your powers the way an enhancement would, so if you took Spiritual in your alpha, you get a SO worth of recharge to all powers that can accept recharge. Since you can not slot Domination, I don't think it counts, (but i may be wrong about that, i never took the recharge Incarnate abilities because I had already achieved perma dom, so figured some other stuff would benefit me more)  but it would improve the recharge rate of Hasten, which would in effect reduce the recharge of Domination some. Status Effect duration they will help with but it's selective, you have to choose which status effects you want it to boost.

*edit - having a look, Ageless would probably help with Domination, if you wanted to go that way, though i'd personally prefer to rely on IO bonuses rather than a second clicky power to get the recharge for Domination high enough.

Edited by RayeGunn
  • Like 1

I don't recommend relying on incarnate powers to reach perma-dom, the opportunity cost is too great. First, as the above poster mentioned, Domination can't be slotted, so a recharge Alpha will do nothing for you. Ageless can work, but Destiny is one of your most valuable incarnate slots, and with Domination refilling your End every 90 seconds or so, you won't usually benefit much from the recovery effects. Rebirth is a serious QoL improvement on my Dom, as I have no other form of self-heal, and the secondary effects bonus of Clarion can improve your controls.

Also, and this is most important, the fewer active powers you need to worry about to maintain Domination, the better. I have complex keybinds setup to swap my autoexec between Hasten and Domination basically every time I press a key, but I still occasionally let Domination drop because I was chain-queuing powers without paying attention. It's easy to do, and it really, REALLY sucks (especially when soloing AVs/GMs).

• Like 1