Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Don't need a whole costume design, just advice, but this seemed like a good place to ask:

For an anthro cat or wolf character, how do you make their chest, legs, and feet look good?

Head and tail are easy, monstrous gloves with animal fur works for the hands, but I always get lost trying to choose a shirt, pants, and shoes for them. I'd like to show as much fur as possible, but the pure "Animal Fur" chest and leg options show too much human skin. What's even worse is that you can't change the skin color - it's always caucasian skin.

So, what do you do? What costume parts for chest, legs, and feet work well with a "natural" anthro cat or wolf concept?

Edge, you CAN change the skin color.  Next to the regular colors is the "Skin Color" tab.  IT can be a bit finicky to click on, though (try clicking on the color swatch or the words, that usually works best for me).  Here's a picture to show you:

skin color1.png

The skin color palette is, unfortunately, not as diverse as the regular palette, but it offers some options, at least.

Edited by Shocktacular

7 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Edge, you CAN change the skin color...

Thanks for trying to help, but you misunderstood me. I know about the skin color palette. What I meant is that if you set the Chest or Legs texture to "Animal Fur", part of the texture always shows a caucasian skin tone even when you choose a different skin color in the skin palette. Try it for yourself and see.

1 hour ago, Patti said:

Can you post a screenshot?   I am having a problem seeing it on my end, please.

So, after playing with it some more, I figured out that the 'skin' color on the 'Animal Fur' texture does change depending on what colors you choose, but it tends toward light skin, especially if you choose a shade of white/grey/black as your base tone.

Note that in both of these screenshots, the "Skin" palette color is set to BLACK, yet it has no effect on the costume parts.

Here's an example of a 'leopard' style that I've gotten to look decent, but look closely at the elbows, knees, and abs where there is "skin" showing.
Leopard.thumb.PNG.77f522e3ed3fa923d681af8a988d0d33.PNG

Ok, now look how he appears if I change his colors to black and white for a "snow leopard". Again, look at the elbows, knees, and abs:WhiteLeopard.thumb.PNG.5940b523fc90ab80d5c79991447b022f.PNG

Edited by EdgeOfDreams

Got another one for ya...

Ce6WG1D.pngeBXzFnN.png

Dark/katana, inspired by Shen from LoL (big bulky ninja tank). I really like how the Imperial Dynasty pieces *almost* match with the Circle of Thorns skirt patterns but something about the costume is just not sitting right. I think it's that I can't find a belt/pants/boots combination I'm happy with. And the tanker is boring, I wish there were more male costume pieces that leave the arms bare.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

Looking for ideas for Ronin the Barbarian.

He's a katana/nin scrapper but I will be rerolling him as TW/Nin

Looking for Conan meets Japan/Samurai costume, but everything I have come up with so far falls a little flat...

I thought I might take a crack at this.  All but one of my many, many characters are female, so I'm not as familiar with the male costume pieces, but this is what I came up with.  Personally, I like the version with the Imperial Dynasty chest detail... but I couldn't get the tone of the red (or any color on this piece) to match any better than this.  The costume file is for the version with the chest piece.  You can just set it to "none" if you don't want it.  I hope this helps!

roninbarbarianchest.png

roninbarbarianbare.png

roninbarbarianchest.costume

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 2:30 AM, BasherBot said:

Trying to make a radioactive cyborg hunter (named Radiated Enforcer). Anyone have ideas on how to alter/improve this design?

Just so I'm clear, is this "Radiated Enforcer" himself a cyborg/robot/human in a suit?  What kind of powers does he use?  Do you want to stick to oranges & browns, or are you open to other colors?  Thanks!

Edited by biostem

13 hours ago, biostem said:

Just so I'm clear, is this "Radiated Enforcer" himself a cyborg/robot/human in a suit?  What kind of powers does he use?  Do you want to stick to oranges & browns, or are you open to other colors?  Thanks!

He, himself, is a cyborg (sorry that it wasn't clear that cyborg hunter meant he was a cyborg that hunts criminals). As for powers, he uses electrical emitters in his cybernetics along side iridium canisters to create a radiation effect (Radiation Armor/Electrical Melee Tanker). And, yes, I am open to other colors

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, BasherBot said:

He, himself, is a cyborg (sorry that it wasn't clear that cyborg hunter meant he was a cyborg that hunts criminals). As for powers, he uses electrical emitters in his cybernetics along side iridium canisters to create a radiation effect (Radiation Armor/Electrical Melee Tanker). And, yes, I am open to other colors

Thanks for the clarification.  Here's my attempt at "Radiated Enforcer":

spacer.pngspacer.png

radiated enforcer 5.png

radiated enforcer 3.png

radiated enforcer.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 4

image.png.df306e62a62ae4be1420509f999644d8.png

I attempted to redesign the outfit for my Archery/Atomic Blaster: Rad Recurve (name I got from the person who designed it last time). Was hoping for a power rangers meets iron man look... but I failed miserably lol. I would like some help I'm not good with the costume creator if ya all couldn't tell

Edited by BasherBot

Hey Basher. Had some free time and connection was too slow to allow me to play, so...

how's this? I took it that you liked green.

1709509906_request1.png.dd3e4a94c1ac12368d9e96b09a85a5ed.png

The bow is an energy bow that comes from his left armament/glove, which adds to the tech feel and hopefully fits your power rangers thing.

1019270980_request2.png.1878515f55dbe51012a375b62c93c24d.png

I've attached the costume file if you're interested

costume request.costume

Edited by Six Six
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

Hey Basher. Had some free time and connection was too slow to allow me to play, so...

how's this? I took it that you liked green.

1709509906_request1.png.dd3e4a94c1ac12368d9e96b09a85a5ed.png

The bow is an energy bow that comes from his left armament/glove, which adds to the tech feel and hopefully fits your power rangers thing.

1019270980_request2.png.1878515f55dbe51012a375b62c93c24d.png

I've attached the costume file if you're interested

costume request.costume 7.23 kB · 0 downloads

I love it

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

How's this?

1099100201_MMMercs.png.aeee5faef368ea5c998a1d379bacde3b.png

Mercs T-Shirt.costume 7.06 kB · 0 downloads

You can remove the backpack and it still works. 

Or with a Jacket like this:

Mercs Jacket.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads

MM Mercs Jacket.png

That first one is sweet. I love the look, it was exactly what I was going for. I just kept gravitating towards the jackets and it kept looking too bulky up top with not enough style.