Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

@Dilanlius you can also opt for the flak jacket (also under Tight, not Jackets) instead fo the T-shirt. gives it a bit more of an armoured look. and instead of the beret, you can use the bandana, or cap/backwards cap. they all give that merc feel as opposed to the military or high tech helm.

😃

Edited by Six Six

Okay, I have 381 character slots used on Torchbearer, with many of those characters having multiple costume designs, and now I'm drawing a blank.

With Issue 27 coming and a sonic manipulation power set coming for blasters, I decided I'm going to make a sonic/sonic blaster and have already secured a name (not the one I wanted, which was Screamer, but I got Squealer, so that will have to do).  But I have zero idea of how to costume Squealer.  Heck, at this point, I don't even know if she'll be red side or blue side...  sometimes I let the clothes make the man (or woman) when it comes to alignment.

So...  any suggestions for Squealer?

Hey, was hoping to get some help designing a costume for my first toon. The concept I have going for him (Sir Grimly. Dark/Fire Scrapper was the build I have planned for him) was that of a martial artist/cult leader/gentleman who uses soul fire to empower his attacks and body. I would prefer that black be the primary color, but I'm open to other color schemes as well.

Edited by Grimz

Hey Grimz! I took a shot at this, I hope it sparks inspiration! Figured this guy looked pretty charismatic in an ominous sort of way. Used the ghost aura to simulate the souls he's collecting, the aura's on all the time though you could change it to just combat only.

Used light and dark blues to simulate souls.

cultleader.png

CultLeader.costume

• Like 2

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

"Yoink!"

runs off with the costume file

41 minutes ago, Grimz said:

A shame I already downloaded the file and created the character 😛

*laughs*

Glad you two enjoyed this!

• Like 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

I could use some help. I'm trying to create a sea monster character (probably a water blaster) but I'm having trouble nailing down a look. The first one I came up with is this:

seamonster.thumb.PNG.d8af2d809e0723b06aa125b0bee8908e.PNG

(he has a tail, you just can't see it in this picture). I kinda like it, but I'm not really feeling it 100%. I'm not sold on any of the animal/monster heads. I did try playing around with different gloves and boots (like the fish monster gloves/boots or the patterned ones with the finned option) but nothing felt right. I'm stuck!

Anyone have ideas on how to monsterize this guy a little more?

2 hours ago, Convict24601 said:

Anyone have ideas on how to monsterize this guy a little more?

Slime aura for that dripping with goo effect.

Additionally, when the next update (issue 27) goes live, you will be able to customize your stance between Normal, Ninja, and Beast so that you can always be in that hunched over Beast Run stance without actually having to have that toggle turned on and draining precious Endurance.

Edited by Player2

• 3 weeks later

I'm not sure how this works... but I've been trying to make a samurai bunny. I don't want to use katana because of the silly visual glitch so I'm just saying he lost his sword. He will probably be a wp/stj tank. 

But if anyone wants to help me create a male bunny samurai. I would be ecstatic the only things I absolutely want would be his bunnyears and tail would have to be visible.

Edit1: I dont have any screenshots :c SORRY!

Edited by StrangeJelly

Lots of great costumes done for other peeps in this thread. You folks deserve a reward. How does 1 billion inf sound?

Create the baddest costume and bio ever!
Baron Havok is looking for the meanest, nastiest and downright terrifying to join him in a raid on Terra Volta and he'll pay for your services.

1778510548_CCcopy.thumb.jpg.5bd6a285d4eea66ce0d780c8a082d031.jpg

One winner will walk way with a whopping 1 billion INF wired to him or her

2nd place receives 500 million

3rd gets 250 million INF 

5x runners-up will each bag 50 million INF
Everyone else will be treated to one helluva show on why red-side is the best side.

Part 1: Looks that kill
There will be 4 categories with 2 winners  from each category. 
The reason is simple - fairness. A dark god is far more flashy than a mobster but both are equally valid as a villain. If you're unsure what category you fall under, just go with your gut feeling.  

1. Science & Technology 

Evil geniuses, sadistic scientists, ruthless robots, any machination of menace and mayhem

2. Mutants & Monsters 

aliens, abominations, biohazards, failed (or successful) experiments, any being that is inhuman in either look or behaviour

3. Magic & Mystical

Dark divinity, evil elementals, wielders of fell magic, arcane atrocities, demons, devils and all the denizens of desolation

4. Natural & Self-made

Mob bosses, hired hitmen, skilled swordsmen, ninja assassins, rebellious riffraff, or even just plain corporate a-holes. 

Part 2: Show and Tell
We can see you're evil, now tell us how good your are at being bad. The 8 finalists (2 winners from each category) will then be judged by their biography.  No bio automatically disqualifies you from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Origin stories, character descriptions, your prepared evil monologue you keep in your breast pocket while you wait for the perfect moment, anything goes as long as it is creative... and vile. Bios should be in English; since not everyone is good with English (even some native English speakers) wrong grammar and spelling will be forgiven... this time. It's the idea that counts so let your wild side go on a rampage.

Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell your friends' friends and your enemies' enemies.

Go hit the costume creator and work on that killer bio. See you all on Dec. 5.

Original post by @TrueBornTyrant

If you are interested in being a judge send an email to @Rivvic in-game.
Judges have to be in a post-apocalyptic themed costume.

Original Artwork featured in the poster was created and is credited to bliz (Liz Chesterman) that I grabbed from a Google search.

• Like 1

Can we get some more stylish men hair styles.  I know of like 5 off hand that are most popular and even those are limited in like the shading/style aspect.  Most of the ones that have two colors are rather bland in my humble opinion.

I'm keen to see some takes on Faora-Ul from Man of Steel, seeing a take on her Battlesuit would be real cool!

8rKNHPf.jpg

Seems I'm here I'm interested in seeing a take on Vayne from League of Legends, specifically Project: Vayne!

kAeoJhk.jpg

Better LEG SLIDER for the costume creator. I want to be able to have short legs!

ARM SLIDER. I get that we probably wont be able to get itty bitty T-Rex  or long orangutan arms, but let us stretch or shrink them a little bit.

Glove/hand costume options, one elongated fingers and one with long nails. Something more noticeable then the current monstrous hands. Maybe not quite Freddie Krueger length nails but close.

3 and 4 fingered alien/mutant hands with matching feet.

A proper Tarzan loin cloth, with different patterns. Both under belt and skirt selection. Belt is just so it can be worn with monstrous legs. Would be nice to have a matching shirt top to go with it, as well.

A ballerina Tutu. Again, under both belt and skirt options. Ballerina slippers, with or without stockings, to go with it.

Puddle movement aura.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, StrangeJelly said:

I'm not sure how this works... but I've been trying to make a samurai bunny. I don't want to use katana because of the silly visual glitch so I'm just saying he lost his sword. He will probably be a wp/stj tank. 

But if anyone wants to help me create a male bunny samurai. I would be ecstatic the only things I absolutely want would be his bunnyears and tail would have to be visible.

I took a swing at this.  I have no idea if this is anything like what you were after, but at the very least it's a place to start.  I used white and pink for the bunny features, with green and orange armor because carrots.

samuraibunnyfront.png

samuraibunnyback.png

samuraibunny.costume

• Like 1

This is Adamant Eve. She's one of my favorite alts, and I have a lot of alts. The first of only two (so far) of my 50s from live that I've taken all the way to 50 again on Homecoming. As one might imagine, she's an Invulnerability/Super Strength tanker, sort of in the vein of Colossus from the X-Men powers-wise. She's magic-origin, though I've never really come up with a backstory more specific than that. I feel like "magic" in her case is a power source rather than a skill, so more Wonder Woman or Moon Knight than Doctor Strange or Zatanna.

I've tweaked her look from time to time over the years, but from day one it's been basically what you see here: silver metal "skin" and blue-gray clothes over the top with gold accents. And it's... fine, I guess? But it's not exciting to me. I'm not really a fan of the whole "street clothes as a superhero costume" approach in general, but unfortunately, it's where I keep landing with her, mostly because I want to be able to show off that she's made of metal (it's kinda her whole "thing") without having her run around nude or basically so -- applying a pattern over the metal just looks like it's painted directly on her body. So I've ended up using shirts, jackets, robes and other styles that sit above the main layer so I can put the Metallic pattern underneath. Trying to show off a lot of skin without showing too much skin is kind of a paradox, who knew?

But maybe someone here can improve on this, solve the problem in a way I haven't considered. I'm open to changing pretty much anything about her design except for it being obvious at a glance that she's made of steel, and I'd very much prefer to steer clear of "titillating" and toward "badass." Looking more like a magic-powered superhero instead of a regular person who happens to be extra shiny wouldn't hurt either.

AdEve.png

AdEve2.png

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

3 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

This is Adamant Eve. She's one of my favorite alts, and I have a lot of alts. The first of only two (so far) of my 50s from live that I've taken all the way to 50 again on Homecoming. As one might imagine, she's an Invulnerability/Super Strength tanker, sort of in the vein of Colossus from the X-Men powers-wise. She's magic-origin, though I've never really come up with a backstory more specific than that. I feel like "magic" in her case is a power source rather than a skill, so more Wonder Woman or Moon Knight than Doctor Strange or Zatanna.

I've tweaked her look from time to time over the years, but from day one it's been basically what you see here: silver metal "skin" and blue-gray clothes over the top with gold accents. And it's... fine, I guess? But it's not exciting to me. I'm not really a fan of the whole "street clothes as a superhero costume" approach in general, but unfortunately, it's where I keep landing with her, mostly because I want to be able to show off that she's made of metal (it's kinda her whole "thing") without having her run around nude or basically so -- applying a pattern over the metal just looks like it's painted directly on her body. So I've ended up using shirts, jackets, robes and other styles that sit above the main layer so I can put the Metallic pattern underneath. Trying to show off a lot of skin without showing too much skin is kind of a paradox, who knew?

But maybe someone here can improve on this, solve the problem in a way I haven't considered. I'm open to changing pretty much anything about her design except for it being obvious at a glance that she's made of steel, and I'd very much prefer to steer clear of "titillating" and toward "badass." Looking more like a magic-powered superhero instead of a regular person who happens to be extra shiny wouldn't hurt either.

Here's a first stab at this. Maybe something here you can use as an inspiration!

image.thumb.png.8d44576fd8a4c7b0687d08c872bf6a51.png

eve.costume

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...