Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

On 12/15/2020 at 2:42 AM, Nuclear_Fusion_Kid said:

Here is my take. I went for a more modern look still I tried to make the costume look like it was inspired by a wolf

I must admit, I like this one enough that I saved it even though I have no character or concept that it suits; maybe one day ...

• Thanks 1

Original CoH player [2004-2012]; Freedom Server

Out of my 50-ish toons, there are a small handful that I haven't satisfactorily visualized; I've gotten some great help here, so let's give this one a go.

The Baltic Shield.  Named after the geological formation of Fennoscandia, he's a Scandinavian Captain America-type  (SJ/Shield Brute).  I'm going for a sleek, Silver Age superhero look with, perhaps, a small Viking flair.  Ideally I'm trying to match the feel, if not the look, of one of the Nordic flags which has proven to be elusive in the costume creator, at least to the limits of my skills in there.   I don't particularly care which flag, although my latest rough draft is based on Norway.

1682218368_BalticShield1.thumb.JPG.a956a5da53831532eccfde955e50363c.JPG     757281585_BalticShield.JPG.e6ce642a1a0ef653f257f6bbe96cb45c.JPG  

Flags.JPG.252baf1d5fdb1ac9c4bc03430ec3973d.JPG

Edited by Crimson621

2 hours ago, Crimson621 said:

Out of my 50-ish toons, there are a small handful that I haven't satisfactorily visualized; I've gotten some great help here, so let's give this one a go.

The Baltic Shield.  Named after the geological formation of Fennoscandia, he's a Scandinavian Captain America-type  (SJ/Shield Brute).  I'm going for a sleek, Silver Age superhero look with, perhaps, a small Viking flair.  Ideally I'm trying to match the feel, if not the look, of one of the Nordic flags which has proven to be elusive in the costume creator, at least to the limits of my skills in there.   I don't particularly care which flag, although my latest rough draft is based on Norway.

Well, the two-color flags like Finland are definitely easier to replicate than the three-color ones. I added armor plates so he looks like a warrior, but I stayed away from horns. Other affectations say "Viking," too!

finland.png

finland.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

5 hours ago, Crimson621 said:

1682218368_BalticShield1.thumb.JPG.a956a5da53831532eccfde955e50363c.JPG     757281585_BalticShield.JPG.e6ce642a1a0ef653f257f6bbe96cb45c.JPG  

Flags.JPG.252baf1d5fdb1ac9c4bc03430ec3973d.JPG

How's this?

I remade my old design. Originally the idea was to create an alternative universe Statesman 😉 Works for me 😛 

a.thumb.jpg.2cf35f0fe67ad418cb1211fa459f5044.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.6a2cc816031e8844c2676a7d7e6dc29a.jpg

test4.costume

EDIT:

Ok I'm a retard I reverted the colors of the Norwegian flag ...

-_-' sorry

Here is the update. And new costume file.

ps. just ignore the reverted colors on the shield I just saw I messed that to.

c.thumb.jpg.860729b472f11b00ce87c338326d563c.jpg

test5.costume

Edited by Nuclear_Fusion_Kid
  • Thanks 1

I knew there was a "cross" pattern! I scrolled through 3 times looking for it.  I swear, costume parts hide from me.  (Also, how embarrassing to realize it's the third one down and I guess I was skipping past it.)

I'm really liking parts of both suggestions; thanks guys!   I'll be fiddling around with this one for a bit I suspect, but you've both given me some great ideas.

Edited by Crimson621
  • Like 1

Something easy, inspired by the holiday rocketpack and the recent effort to put the sprints in the costume creator to be customizable.

SOUND EFFECT toggles! Nothing too loud. A toggle or three, that has no other effect except for maybe some idle animations. Cost no endurance and does not turn off when held. That can be customized from a list of choices. Like:

• Jinglebells when moving.
  • Loud footsteps when moving. Heavy, high heel taps, metallic, etc.
  • Werewolf sniffles, howls and roars when idle.
  • Other idle animal noises because why not. Chicken, cow, sheep. Cat mews, purrs and coos... infrequent
  • Clock ticks (like clockwork) that's always on.
  • Dripping noise.
  • Fire crackle.
  • Random giggle, laughter and chuckle noises, when idle. Several different choices. Mad, cute, jolly, male, female, etc.
  • Random mild startle and humming noises, when idle. Hmm? huh? eh? Infrequent.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Izuela said:

Something easy, inspired by the holiday rocketpack and the recent effort to put the sprints in the costume creator to be customizable.

SOUND EFFECT toggles! Nothing too loud. A toggle or three, that has no other effect except for maybe some idle animations. Cost no endurance and does not turn off when held. That can be customized from a list of choices. Like:

• Jinglebells when moving.
  • Loud footsteps when moving. Heavy, high heel taps, metallic, etc.
  • Werewolf sniffles, howls and roars when idle.
  • Other idle animal noises because why not. Chicken, cow, sheep. Cat mews, purrs and coos... infrequent
  • Clock ticks (like clockwork) that's always on.
  • Dripping noise.
  • Fire crackle.
  • Random giggle, laughter and chuckle noises, when idle. Several different choices. Mad, cute, jolly, male, female, etc.
  • Random mild startle and humming noises, when idle. Hmm? huh? eh? Infrequent.

This is a thread for requesting costume help from other players. I believe you are looking for this thread:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

651593087_Screenshot(453).thumb.png.49d8af822519817e4cfba9c6b61c599b.png

Inferno Nova.costume

This is Inferno Nova...  a fire/fire hover blaster wearing an outfit I kinda threw together back on Live and recreated here on HC.  And frankly, which increasingly I don't much care for and haven't been able to improve on.  So I thought I'd toss it out here and see what the talent here could do...

Despite having fire powers - he's level headed, dispassionate, and thoroughly professional.  Not flashy, and not a blapper.  He prefers to engage at range.

The star on his chest is a must keep, though it can be outlined.  Red and Yellow are kind of his signature.  He must have some form of (solid colored and complete coverage) eye protection and the full head cowl.  (Exposure to flames is _not fun_.)  I'm not attached to the belt style, but the jeweled belt is something I use on a lot of characters.  The gauntlets...  I'm kind of attached to the idea of the styles that leave the hands free while adding weight to the forearm.  (He used to use Justice w/ Plate before I saw these in another thread.)  The general Bronze Age (?) classic styling of his costume is my preference.  (He's straight up a hero.)

I hope all that isn't too limiting...  Thanks!

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

1 hour ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

This is Inferno Nova...  a fire/fire hover blaster wearing an outfit I kinda threw together back on Live and recreated here on HC.  And frankly, which increasingly I don't much care for and haven't been able to improve on.  So I thought I'd toss it out here and see what the talent here could do...

Honestly, it's a really solid design already, if maybe a little dated. To me it feels like something that doesn't need an overhaul so much as just a few updates. I tried to move it from looking like the Atom to looking like Solar, Man of the Atom. Don't know if I accomplished that exactly -- a lot of things I tried reminded me more of the 1970s version of (Marvel's) Captain Marvel.

I darkened up the blue to make the red and yellow stand out more. The larger, more "blank" faceplate to help sell the "dispassionate" descriptor. Similar-but-not-the-same gloves because these match the faceplate a little better in my opinion, and the glowy bits, while gimmicky, imply that there's a lot of heat built up inside. Like the glowing coils in a toaster. I would have liked to do something with his shoulders, but it just didn't work with the Claws chest pattern and I 'm a fan of the way that suggests flames without literally depicting them. That "not-fire fire" look led me to add the blends in the lower body to improve on that illusion, and the overall flow from his feet to the "flames" at the top meant a belt would just break it up, so no belt.

The outline on that particular chest detail is strange and doesn't play well with certain patterns and/or color schemes. This was one of them, so I just used a lighter shade of yellow to highlight it instead of a contrasting outline.

Hope it helps!

Untitled.png

inferno.costume

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 4

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

8 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

651593087_Screenshot(453).thumb.png.49d8af822519817e4cfba9c6b61c599b.png

Inferno Nova.costume

Despite having fire powers - he's level headed, dispassionate, and thoroughly professional.  Not flashy, and not a blapper.  He prefers to engage at range.

The star on his chest is a must keep, though it can be outlined.  Red and Yellow are kind of his signature.  He must have some form of (solid colored and complete coverage) eye protection and the full head cowl.  (Exposure to flames is _not fun_.)  I'm not attached to the belt style, but the jeweled belt is something I use on a lot of characters.  The gauntlets...  I'm kind of attached to the idea of the styles that leave the hands free while adding weight to the forearm.  (He used to use Justice w/ Plate before I saw these in another thread.)  The general Bronze Age (?) classic styling of his costume is my preference.  (He's straight up a hero.)

I hope all that isn't too limiting...  Thanks!

Here is my take on him.

Edit:

Or 2 takes 😛

new.thumb.jpg.330184a508a49ab3034be92aa9ac26b6.jpgnew2.thumb.jpg.346395906006835b414dcc15df8a470d.jpg

Inferno Nova.costume

Inferno Nova 1.costume

Edited by Nuclear_Fusion_Kid

So this is part "showoff" and part a request for input.  Anyway, this is "The Free-Flier", a former stunt & test pilot who uses a specially modified flight suit + jet pack/boots to generate super-sonic waves, (read: sonic attacks), and whose dynamically-variable environmental systems grants her a lot of protection and the ability to adapt to any environment, (read: bio-armor).  I really like the overall look of the costume, but I'm torn as to whether I should keep it mostly the browns & blues, or add more of the white & red to the boots,  gloves, & wings.  I'm also on the fence about adding all sorts of fins & antennas to the helmet.  I kind of like the cleaner more streamlined look, but am looking for some input.  I really want to keep the chest, pants, boots & backpack-wings.  Thanks for your consideration!

free-flier 6.png

free-flier 4.png

free-flier 7.png

free-flier 2.png

free-flier 1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

biostem,

I think that costume is about as perfect as can be had excluding minor tweaks for individual subjective tastes. As for the antenna, single comm or double comm would work depending on how retro a look you are shooting for. Personally I favor going without antenna.

In the realm of utter subjectivity, I would go for a deeper brown on the gloves, belt, and boots to shoot for a slightly retro feel ala 30/40s Rocketeer wearing leather even if the boots clearly aren't leather. I also tweaked the colors on the chest and wings for a slightly more modern feel.

1616487875_Free-Flier1a.thumb.png.be86e5035cbb9d952606f9c4a716794b.png

Work is determined that I actually do work, so I did not have time to properly clean up where one of those annoying buttons overlapped an ankle, but the above should get the general idea across.

Edit: Got a bit of time to clean up that ankle. 🙂

Free-Flier 1a.costume

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one I'm a bit more open to other interpretation. The concept is that he is a living shard of Paragon that actively defends all live sub-consciously. He commands the forces of nature (Stone Control/Savage Assault Dom) to detain and neutralize those that would do harm to others.

image.png.c86ef14a477f0211e0e7cd2e82f6145a.png

5 hours ago, Grimz said:

This one I'm a bit more open to other interpretation. The concept is that he is a living shard of Paragon that actively defends all live sub-consciously. He commands the forces of nature (Stone Control/Savage Assault Dom) to detain and neutralize those that would do harm to others.

I am not happy with this but best I could do quickly (I have to start cooking for Christmas dinner soon and still haven't gotten dressed). What I was shooting for was the manifestation of life force manifesting more fully the further up the body you look. So the greens grow brighter near the top. I can see you use Bioluminescence and Fire and Ice. I went with more Fire and Ice saving Bioluminescence for the face. That way, while not captured in the picture (tempted to post an animated gif but as I noted, short on time), the greenish body parts pulse. It more plant and earth and less animal than the original...not quite sure its the right balance. 

Shard.thumb.png.7fb82f1ebaeaf7e368645854ea2fd164.png

18 hours ago, Grimz said:

I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by "a living shard of Paragon", but I interpreted it as basically a living embodiment of the city and its components.  I focused more on the organic elements since he "defends all life", but I have some inorganic elements in there: The left boot is a chunk of road, the right boot is a bit of skyscraper, the belt is some industrial-complex metals, the left shoulder is a heroic shoulder piece (heroes are a big part of the city), and the chest detail is a bandolier (police and civilians are part of the city, too).  I did spectrum in blues for the legs for water and the right shoulder and glove for the parks and woods (chest too, somewhat, but mostly for the glow).  The face, horns, hair, tail, and wings are for the creatures that live in Paragon City both wild and domesticated.

I have no idea if this is anything like what you were after, but I hope it provides some inspiration at least.

shardofparagonfrontleft.png

shardofparagonfrontright.png

shardofparagonhuge.costume

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, biostem said:

So this is part "showoff" and part a request for input.  Anyway, this is "The Free-Flier", a former stunt & test pilot who uses a specially modified flight suit + jet pack/boots to generate super-sonic waves, (read: sonic attacks), and whose dynamically-variable environmental systems grants her a lot of protection and the ability to adapt to any environment, (read: bio-armor).  I really like the overall look of the costume, but I'm torn as to whether I should keep it mostly the browns & blues, or add more of the white & red to the boots,  gloves, & wings.  I'm also on the fence about adding all sorts of fins & antennas to the helmet.  I kind of like the cleaner more streamlined look, but am looking for some input.  I really want to keep the chest, pants, boots & backpack-wings.  Thanks for your consideration!

I really like this design. It's awesome!

The brown, I think, works well. It gives the whole costume a utilitarian, 1930s test pilot/1940s military feel. Rocketeer-meets-Ultimate-Captain-America. Personally, I wouldn't change it.

Regarding the helmet, though, I'm of a mind that it needs a little something. It being so smooth and white and perfect clashes with the "function first" look of the rest of the outfit. But it's easy to go too far with something like that and end up with a chaotic, busy mess. The area over her ears, especially, felt sort of blank, so I added Side Scoops as they look like they serve a purpose other than just decoration (what that purpose is I couldn't say, but a purpose nonetheless). The Fins detail on top is to add a little texture and make the overall cranium region a bit less eggy, and to provide height that keeps the scoops from widening the head and/or looking like big Ferengi ears, but without tacking on a lot of extra points and angles and other unnecessary distractions from the overall look.

I literally altered nothing except adding those two things to the helmet. Great design!

freeflier1.png

freeflier2.png

freeflier-fins.costume

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:21 AM, Grimz said:

I took this idea in a very different direction based on the "living shard of Paragon" concept. What makes Paragon, Paragon? Yes, the people; yes, the heroes running around all over the place; but is there a physical feature that's unique to Paragon, that I can represent in the costume creator? (Basically I played back the "we need a symbol" scene from Ghostbusters 2 in my head.) Of course there is. Many, in fact. One of them is the first thing we see when we log in with a new character for the first time, assuming we skip the tutorial. We all gather in the shadow of one for costume contests. Positron and Valkyrie hang out at the foot of one so that new heroes know where to find them when they're in need. Improbably-huge statues of heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for the people of their city are everywhere in Paragon.

That led me here: a living statue of Paragon City's greatest and most well-known hero. I tried to keep him from looking too clean and prefect, to present something that looks like it's the city itself rising up to protect its inhabitants, Sort of a good-guy version of the Devouring Earth, rather than something created by a person intentionally -- though maybe it's a little of both, a partially-finished piece that came to life before it could be perfected. Is it the spirit of Statesman himself, knowing Paragon still needs him and refusing to cross over? Is he forever linked to the city on some existential level the same way Ghost Widow is linked to Arachnos? Is it all a big hoax, like the Reign of the Supermen? I don't know, that's for you to decide.

stone-statesman.png

stone-statesman.costume

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

A request. I need a costume for a female science gravity control/psionic assault/ice mastery called Recursive Loop.

If it matters she has fold space, so she's a teleport addict with wormhole and fold space.

Hero, villain, other?
Any other details or aspects you want included?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

In spite of having questions, I came up with something anyway, mostly based on the "loop" part.  I included a top and belt with angles to mix things up a bit.  I used the lace cape to match the mesh parts of the top.  I thought about trying some colors, but I like the black and white look, TBH.  It's not terribly science-y, but there's no reason she couldn't be science origin, either.

loopfront.png

loop.costume

• Like 2