Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

A request. I need a costume for a female science gravity control/psionic assault/ice mastery called Recursive Loop.

If it matters she has fold space, so she's a teleport addict with wormhole and fold space.

Like Shocktacular, for some reason my mind immediately went to something (mostly) black and white. Blue as an accent color because of the ice ancillary. Also, I had to use the the big glowing shoulder rings. "Teleport addict" made me think "adrenaline junkie," so I tried to pull off sort of an overall super-science-meets-extreme-sports vibe, thus the goggles, the open jacket (also to show off the Infinity symbol, because recursion), and the textured full-body suit.

recursive.png

Recursive.costume

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 12/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, KaizenSoze said:

A request. I need a costume for a female science gravity control/psionic assault/ice mastery called Recursive Loop.

If it matters she has fold space, so she's a teleport addict with wormhole and fold space.

I went with something a little different.  Here's my take on your character:

recursiveness5.png

recursiveness4.png

recursiveness1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 3

I've got one.

I snagged the name "War Mech" on Indomitable and made an elec/invuln Sentinel.  I already have a costume that I like, but I want some variety for her other costume slots, so I thought I'd ask you guys!  She has no backstory yet, so a wide variety of interpretations of the name are valid.  However, I have three stipulations:

1.  Female body type

2.  Leave the height slider in the default position (about 5' 8" for females)

3.  This is a robot, not a person in a suit

That's it!  Please go nuts (if you'll pardon the machine pun 😛)!

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 12/29/2020 at 2:37 PM, Shocktacular said:

In spite of having questions, I came up with something anyway, mostly based on the "loop" part.  I included a top and belt with angles to mix things up a bit.  I used the lace cape to match the mesh parts of the top.  I thought about trying some colors, but I like the black and white look, TBH.  It's not terribly science-y, but there's no reason she couldn't be science origin, either.

loopfront.png

loop.costume 7.9 kB · 1 download

I love this.

• Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

I would like to be able to dual wield pistols as melee weapons even if we can't get a dual pistol weapons set.

The pistols going off (firing sound, muzzle flash) with the stabbing attack would be nice, but I would settle for being able to pick pistols as my melee weapons on dual wield. 

Some masks with white eyes/ey-holes would be nice. or two tone so that you could pick the eye/eye-hole color.

A couple of different turbans would be nice. Unadorned and with a third-eye jewel as two examples.

Animal heads that scale to the body size versus having to scale the body size to fit the animal head size would be nice. Some animal heads always seem to be too small to to me in proportion to the character's body.

It would be cool to be able to link the travel auras directly to a power so that they turn on when you use the power.

Same goes with a costume part that would appear when you use a travel power - like when you use a raptor pack and the it shows up on your back. I know that there are some/few costume parts that do interact with the travel powers, but being able to pick something like this as part of the power customization would be nice.

So maybe a backpack that has the raptor wings in it that looks like a backpack sort of thing and then when you use fly/hover the wings pop out of it or it simply transforms to a raptor pack.

sorry tired and pinwheeling. I need to go to sleep.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

UltraAlt:
This is not a dev thread, it's for players who want help from other players (I know the name is confusing).
You should probably post your requests here:

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, biostem said:

Here's my attempt at your "War Mech":

war-mech9.png

I really like the face/head here. The glowing eyes coupled with the HUD aura against a black background create a really cool-looking effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I'd like a little help with a character I've created here.  Specifically, with the pilot & casual clothes - She's supposed to be a little kid, but I can't seem to get the proper look.  Could someone please assist me with this.  Thanks so much!

For reference:

commander cuddle-bot2.png

Edited by biostem

I've been fighting with this costume for weeks, I just can't seem to get it to work. It's missing...something. Some part, some tweak, some color...I dunno. 
As an added bonus, I'd like to offer two of my COH patches to the person that offers a solution to my creative block. 

Murder One, Archery/MA blaster.

Murder One.PNG

Murder2.costume

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

8 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

I've been fighting with this costume for weeks, I just can't seem to get it to work. It's missing...something. Some part, some tweak, some color...I dunno. 
As an added bonus, I'd like to offer two of my COH patches to the person that offers a solution to my creative block. 

Murder One, Archery/MA blaster.

Looks interesting! You've done some neat things with overlapping/complementary parts.

Any pieces you particularly like & want retained as-is? Similarly, any no-go stuff? Guessing Natural origin so no obvious machine parts?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

10 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Looks interesting! You've done some neat things with overlapping/complementary parts.

Any pieces you particularly like & want retained as-is? Similarly, any no-go stuff? Guessing Natural origin so no obvious machine parts?

Definitely natural origin, and I really want to keep the corset detail as I like the way it melds with the light armor padding look of the chest. (though a different chest style may work better under it). She needs A hood, not necessarily the one shown., basically I wanted her to have a bit of a leather/metal armor mix without looking too medieval. Kind of taskmaster-ish

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

4 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

Definitely natural origin, and I really want to keep the corset detail as I like the way it melds with the light armor padding look of the chest.

You say that after I've already planned my submission (and my big question was how wed you were to orange):

1592232746_Murder1a.thumb.png.204fa9d5332e1e018a6b94ba0263f879.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

Definitely natural origin, and I really want to keep the corset detail as I like the way it melds with the light armor padding look of the chest. (though a different chest style may work better under it). She needs A hood, not necessarily the one shown., basically I wanted her to have a bit of a leather/metal armor mix without looking too medieval. Kind of taskmaster-ish

First crack at it. I kept a lot of the original parts, with the big changes to the face & gloves, and played around a bit with adding colour:

• Kept the hood, changed the face parts to be sleeker and (IMO) more menacing.
  • Took advantage of asymmetry to play with the gloves a bit. I also changed her skin colour to black - I didn't like the exposed right forearm, so this option lets it pretend to be some kind of ultrathin bodysuit instead.
  • Added the orange highlighting to the bow, kinda ties in a little with the hood detail (if you don't look too closely anyway!)
  • Swapped out the belt for another colour pop.
  • I went the opposite direction with the corset, choosing to black it up to flow down into the armoured pads part of her pants.
  • Motorcycle boots for the leather & metal.

image.png.a3359e676052d303441ca805516b80b5.pngimage.thumb.png.600b9be8575d846f2c8a36a1770e9722.png

image.thumb.png.5ced3f191747107ed8bc39fb26b06be8.pngimage.thumb.png.2fafd8d67131e30b2320e68430585aff.png

murdermurder.costume

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I just did a bit of tweaking, simplifying some elements, adding others. She uses an energy bow projected by her glove--I suppose the cylindrical bit of the Resistance Glove is where you stick in 4 D batteries haha).

(Edit: Sorry, I missed the part about the corset.)

M1-Action.png.1b24bdfc04c5aeef2f449a8384101404.png

Murder1.costume

M1-Left.png.f84b32202956cc564afce4542b513c5d.pngM1-Front.png.aabe6e23f83b70d65e08c493004276fd.pngM1-Right.png.0c3b14a315e798e9ab41dd36249e836c.png

I like how @Cutter coloured the top grey instead of my black, it gives it a bit more techy armour feels.

I decided to bring the cloth element down to her torso and waist (and the belt helps with bringing it down to the lower body) with minimal touches of leather (shoulder and quiver). 

Here's MY Archer/Martial Combat, Lotus.

She uses the same energy projected bow. (hers is the Lithium Ion rechargeable version, but batteries drain fast. I think the D batteries are better.) 😃

She's fun.

Lotus.png.6263c2952fc51898712c1203cbc4c2d7.png

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cutter said:

First crack at it. I kept a lot of the original parts, with the big changes to the face & gloves, and played around a bit with adding colour:

• Kept the hood, changed the face parts to be sleeker and (IMO) more menacing.
  • Took advantage of asymmetry to play with the gloves a bit. I also changed her skin colour to black - I didn't like the exposed right forearm, so this option lets it pretend to be some kind of ultrathin bodysuit instead.
  • Added the orange highlighting to the bow, kinda ties in a little with the hood detail (if you don't look too closely anyway!)
  • Swapped out the belt for another colour pop.
  • I went the opposite direction with the corset, choosing to black it up to flow down into the armoured pads part of her pants.
  • Motorcycle boots for the leather & metal.

image.png.a3359e676052d303441ca805516b80b5.pngimage.thumb.png.600b9be8575d846f2c8a36a1770e9722.png

image.thumb.png.5ced3f191747107ed8bc39fb26b06be8.pngimage.thumb.png.2fafd8d67131e30b2320e68430585aff.png

murdermurder.costume 7.17 kB · 0 downloads

ooooh this is slick!

30 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

I just did a bit of tweaking, simplifying some elements, adding others. She uses an energy bow projected by her glove--I suppose the cylindrical bit of the Resistance Glove is where you stick in 4 D batteries haha).

(Edit: Sorry, I missed the part about the corset.)

M1-Action.png.1b24bdfc04c5aeef2f449a8384101404.png

Murder1.costume 7.73 kB · 0 downloads

M1-Left.png.f84b32202956cc564afce4542b513c5d.pngM1-Front.png.aabe6e23f83b70d65e08c493004276fd.pngM1-Right.png.0c3b14a315e798e9ab41dd36249e836c.png

I like how @Cutter coloured the top grey instead of my black, it gives it a bit more techy armour feels.

I decided to bring the cloth element down to her torso and waist (and the belt helps with bringing it down to the lower body) with minimal touches of leather (shoulder and quiver). 

Here's MY Archer/Martial Combat, Lotus.

She uses the same energy projected bow. (hers is the Lithium Ion rechargeable version, but batteries drain fast. I think the D batteries are better.) 😃

She's fun.

Lotus.png.6263c2952fc51898712c1203cbc4c2d7.png

I like the glove/energy projected bow idea, I used it on my other archer, One Way

851494031_OneWay.thumb.JPG.6ab15484b298f31bacc1b2ddb03ffb30.jpg

• Like 2