Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

My attempt:

With a name like that (plus name-dropping the Taskmaster), some kind of death/skull imagery was needed.

I kept the corset but used a version with slightly more coverage; I wanted to make it look like a tactical/protective piece. Changed the chest texture underneath as a result.

The asymmetry thing others are doing really works well for an archer. I armored up her left side more than her right because that's the side of her that's facing the enemy when she's firing at them (Justice gloves on both hands, one with plate, one without). Protect the side that needs it, but otherwise stay mobile for spinning kicks and the like.

Shamelessly stolen from upthread: HUD + hood + eyes against a black background = badass, or at least that's what I was going for.

murder1.png

murder3.png

MurDiddlyUrderer.costume

murder2.png

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

4 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

My attempt:

With a name like that (plus name-dropping the Taskmaster), some kind of death/skull imagery was needed.

I kept the corset but used a version with slightly more coverage; I wanted to make it look like a tactical/protective piece. Changed the chest texture underneath as a result.

The asymmetry thing others are doing really works well for an archer. I armored up her left side more than her right because that's the side of her that's facing the enemy when she's firing at them (Justice gloves on both hands, one with plate, one without). Protect the side that needs it, but otherwise stay mobile for spinning kicks and the like.

Shamelessly stolen from upthread: HUD + hood + eyes against a black background = badass, or at least that's what I was going for.

murder1.png

murder3.png

MurDiddlyUrderer.costume 7.57 kB · 0 downloads

murder2.png

oooh this is so good as well. You guys are making this a tough one

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

On 12/31/2020 at 4:03 PM, Shocktacular said:

UltraAlt:
This is not a dev thread, it's for players who want help from other players (I know the name is confusing).

Just happened to read this as it wasn't quoted.

Thanks. I'll pin that thread.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

This was a tough decision, so I loaded up each suggestion and played though some missions while changing costumes in between. They were all great, but Biostem's entry felt the most awesome while playing. I may fiddle with the glove/shoulder options at some point but right now I am digging this one. Thanks everyone for joining in! I'll have to do this again some time, it was really a lot of fun. @biostem inbox me your address and I'll get your prize in the mail

murder-one1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

On 1/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, biostem said:

I'd like a little help with a character I've created here.  Specifically, with the pilot & casual clothes - She's supposed to be a little kid, but I can't seem to get the proper look.  Could someone please assist me with this.  Thanks so much!

My first thought was, if she's a little kid, let her be a kid!  The casual wear doesn't need to be that fancy, especially the boots, and the combination of backwards cap and shades really hides her age (or lack thereof).

I can appreciate the struggle, though - most of the "young faces" are really "young adult" faces.  Only young faces 3, 5, 10, and 15 seem child-like to my eyes.  Also, using face shapes "average 2" and "average 4" seem to make the face more youthful - without making it monstrous 😨

I went with Feisty hair in the pic, but I also liked Serrated sugar, Shag, Gamine, Bangs, Club, and High Ponytail.  Pigtails are RIGHT OUT.  The forward cap could work though.

There wasn't much I could do about the shirt.  I'd hoped to go with a "baggy" or "jacket" option, but couldn't find anything I liked.

As for the pilot outfit, I thought it was fine as it stands, so I'll let someone else tackle that one.  Anyway, here's my first attempt:

1832221032_KidHero.thumb.png.c0ea9ceba0d1227e28071bf574c1c083.pngKid Hero.costume

Edited by TheOtherTed
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2020 at 10:37 PM, Shocktacular said:

I've got one.

I snagged the name "War Mech" on Indomitable and made an elec/invuln Sentinel.  I already have a costume that I like, but I want some variety for her other costume slots, so I thought I'd ask you guys!  She has no backstory yet, so a wide variety of interpretations of the name are valid.  However, I have three stipulations:

1.  Female body type

2.  Leave the height slider in the default position (about 5' 8" for females)

3.  This is a robot, not a person in a suit

That's it!  Please go nuts (if you'll pardon the machine pun 😛)!

warmech.png

War Mech.costume

Mash-up of a bunch of different mech costumes I've made. Tweak the colors to your liking 🙂 (the weapons are just for show :P)

Edited by Yellowjacket
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 10:37 PM, Shocktacular said:

I've got one.

I snagged the name "War Mech" on Indomitable and made an elec/invuln Sentinel.  I already have a costume that I like, but I want some variety for her other costume slots, so I thought I'd ask you guys!  She has no backstory yet, so a wide variety of interpretations of the name are valid.  However, I have three stipulations:

1.  Female body type

2.  Leave the height slider in the default position (about 5' 8" for females)

3.  This is a robot, not a person in a suit

That's it!  Please go nuts (if you'll pardon the machine pun 😛)!

Or something a little more thematic. . .

warmech2.png

War Mech2.costume

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

warmech.png

War Mech.costume 9.18 kB · 0 downloads

Mash-up of a bunch of different mech costumes I've made. Tweak the colors to your liking 🙂 (the weapons are just for show :P)

7 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

Or something a little more thematic. . .

warmech2.png

War Mech2.costume 8.92 kB · 0 downloads

😮

... whoa!  These are amazing! 
Thanks!
😄

On 1/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, Jawbreaker said:

I've been fighting with this costume for weeks, I just can't seem to get it to work. It's missing...something. Some part, some tweak, some color...I dunno. 
As an added bonus, I'd like to offer two of my COH patches to the person that offers a solution to my creative block. 

Murder One, Archery/MA blaster.

Murder One.PNG

Murder2.costume 7.11 kB · 1 download

Murder2YJ.costumemurd.thumb.png.885730dc8b980db751fcabf51d19709c.png

Your original costume is pretty good, not really much to "improve" but I did change some things up.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, Jawbreaker said:

I've been fighting with this costume for weeks, I just can't seem to get it to work. It's missing...something. Some part, some tweak, some color...I dunno. 
As an added bonus, I'd like to offer two of my COH patches to the person that offers a solution to my creative block. 

Murder One, Archery/MA blaster.

Murder2.costume 7.11 kB · 2 downloads

A few tweaksmurd.png.1771ebbfcca507f43c08b6b41e5f83ab.pngMurder2YJ2.costume

On 8/18/2020 at 5:37 AM, Xoza said:

Okay, I've got a bit of a project! I've got a 50 character (Novae ZOOTsRk.png) and I want to put a bit more time into her outfits and have various stages to those outfits.

A bit of backstory... She's a cosmonaut from a different world/dimension/future on a deep space science vessel who took part in witnessing the celestial event in some part to do with a nova and star (unrefined details right now). The event impacted the ship, infused her with abilities and threw her through space/time, finding herself in Paragon. A fire/fire blaster (colored blues/whites to look more energy) and similar to Captain Marvel in chaos, uncontrolled power when fully released. She wears a combination of mostly white with light blue and some black.

Reference images I've been using.

First image that inspired the character.  Window_Back_view_Brown_haired_534510_1024x1024.jpg  3a9106566952e84fcb597e6c6225fd90.jpg  arena-of-heroes-by.jpg  9cde7a3a0e652d994d0287a4208b265d.jpg  thumb-1920-924329.jpg  b918936c516fb8cf602712482772a12d.jpg  spacesuits-for-future-space-travel-.jpeg  b962a2a8ad70ba5489837534ee2a4ac6.jpg  Aisling_Duval_portrait.jpg  f3bb69370003dcb11012dbbf61188af2.jpg

Outfits I'm looking at creating using these.

1. Casual future/cyber civilian (colony/world) outfit. Political and Science looking
  2. Another casual / coat future civilian outfit.
  3. Casual space vessel outfit.
  4. Space outfit with some protections.
  5. Outer space outfit (helmet)
  6. Outer space outfit with protection. (helmet)
  7. Heavy space outfit (helmet)
  8. 'Celestial' unchained power (no helmet)

Going through old posts and got inspired. . . hopefully you're still around and playing this character! SpacerCostumes.zip

spacer.gif

• Like 3

I recently read some of the "X of Swords" Marvel comics and absolutely fell in love with the new Captain Avalon costume. I decided I needed to make something similar in Homecoming, but I just can't get it to work. I keep getting stuck on the fact that the costume designer is limited to 2 colors per costume piece. Two or three color costumes are easy, but four or more colors start to become a problem to keep neat and good looking. I want to keep the red, black, white and gold if possible. I'd appreciate any help. I also would like ot keep it as close as possible to the standard "Tights" costume options (i.e. spandex) as possible.

Thanks in advance for the help!

References:

.spacer.png

(below, see the middle and last panels)

spacer.png

Edited by NiklasWB

2 hours ago, NiklasWB said:

I recently read some of the "X of Swords" Marvel comics and absolutely fell in love with the new Captain Avalon costume. I decided I needed to make something similar in Homecoming, but I just can't get it to work. I keep getting stuck on the fact that the costume designer is limited to 2 colors per costume piece. Two or three color costumes are easy, but four or more colors start to become a problem to keep neat and good looking. I want to keep the red, black, white and gold if possible. I'd appreciate any help. I also would like ot keep it as close as possible to the standard "Tights" costume options (i.e. spandex) as possible.

It can be tricky working with a lot of colors, but thankfully "neutral" ones like black/white/grey make things a little less complicated because they don't tend to clash with anything. Gold is slightly less problematic too, since a lot of costume pieces have non-colorable gold accents (the hem/border at the bottom of the Patrician Toga, the pattern on the Praetoria Police chest armor, the buttons on the Victorian Steampunk corset, several Imperial Dynasty chest and leg patterns for women).

In my experience, it's usually best to pick one or two "main" colors and one "accent" color, though any of those being a neutral one makes it more likely that you can work in something extra, so we're actually in good shape here with black and white plus two other colors. Unfortunately, the two-colors-per-thing limitation you mentioned means that accessories like chest and shoulder pieces are almost certainly going to be needed, if only to have somewhere to put all of those colors!

Ultimately, I think this may be a case of having to settle for "similar to" rather than "actually a recreation of" -- and not just for ToS/copyright reasons. The character editor can only do what it can do, and we can only work within those limits. We can either lament not having a "spiderwebs" pattern or a "power ring" hand model, or we can look at what we do have and make something out of that. I managed to put this together, not exactly what you asked for, but based somewhat on the source character. Is it Captain Avalon? Absolutely not. Does it evoke a similar "feel"? I'd like to think so.

Hope it helps!

avalon.png

Avalon.costume

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

8 hours ago, NiklasWB said:

Thanks in advance for the help!

References:

.spacer.png

(below, see the middle and last panels)

spacer.png

This is a tough one. . . Nothing really ends up working the way you'd want it to. Would probably be much easier with the Champions character creator.Avalon.thumb.png.d5da327ec8fc4a5548a5f96f3281ee60.png

AvalonCostumes.zip

Thanks for the effort guys! Really good job, but it's just too far away from what I'm looking for. I want something sleek and "natural", and most options feels to tech-based or too "armored". I guess the character creator is just too limited in this particular instance. I'll keep fiddling and see if I come up with something more to my liking. Thank you all for the suggestions.

2 hours ago, NiklasWB said:

Thanks for the effort guys! Really good job, but it's just too far away from what I'm looking for. I want something sleek and "natural", and most options feels to tech-based or too "armored". I guess the character creator is just too limited in this particular instance. I'll keep fiddling and see if I come up with something more to my liking. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Yeah, it's really about the line patterns on the suit.  They're too complex and specific to recreate with what we have.  I would focus more on taking the general color scheme and mask design and then developing something unique, but inspired, by it.

Though, I have to say, I prefer the old Captain Britain togs, myself.  Of course, trying to figure out how to model the Union Jack on a costume would present its own problems.  😛

6 hours ago, NiklasWB said:

This is about the best you can get as a spandex hero. <insert chest symbol of your liking>

avalon2.pngavalon3.thumb.png.3a9319f39eca5e6952fc9a07d746f962.png

avalon 6.costumeavalon 7.costume Getting into captain falcon territory, lol

Edited by Yellowjacket