Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

1 hour ago, Shocktacular said:

Okay, I've got another one for you guys:

Character name: Hellectricity

AT/Sets: Demons/Electric Mastermind

Costume parameters: Female body type. Default height (about 5' 8") or shorter.
Guidelines (not required, but preferred): Non-human. Villain/Evil.  She's technology origin, but I'm flexible on this when it comes to costume themes (after all, who knows what infernal technology looks like?).  I don't have a specific backstory in mind yet.

I'd appreciate all the help I can get on this one.  I love the name, but I just can't seem to make a good costume this time....

Something out of my usual scope right from get-go... went for the demonic base with tech & bio-tech upgrades. Hopefully something will spark (hah!) some more creative ideas.

image.thumb.png.3a4ef6ba87f7bcacda7009c9284205b6.png

image.thumb.png.de0abae36aec1affcbf720d8b73c70d2.png

image.png.0224a44b2588ef4d1d2591079e05839f.png

hellec.costume hellec-powers.powerCust

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

5 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Guidelines (not required, but preferred): Non-human. Villain/Evil.  She's technology origin, but I'm flexible on this when it comes to costume themes (after all, who knows what infernal technology looks like?).  I don't have a specific backstory in mind yet.

I'd appreciate all the help I can get on this one.  I love the name, but I just can't seem to make a good costume this time....

Infernal technology? This sounds like an excuse to use that Cosmic Corsair skull backpack that's so cool, but so ungodly hard to actually integrate into a design in a way that makes any amount of sense!

So yeah... glowing tech-skulls and pointy bits. Influenced by the Doom franchise, and to a point, Hellraiser, though most of the latter ended up on the cutting room floor. I tried to make the "person" wearing the tech into something you might see at a distance and say, "hey, that doesn't look so bad..." and then she comes closer and you're like "OH GAWD THAT'S AWFUL GET IT AWAY GET IT AWAY GET IT AWAY."

I am only about 60% sure the belt needs to be there, and roughly as confident that a tail doesn't.

hellec0.png

hellec1.png

hellec2.png

hellectric.costume

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I recently created a very fun blaster named Galva Crystal, she is an Elec/Ice blaster and I am very happy with her initial costume, however, I am a bit stuck on how to give her any additional looks. I would love some ideas and inspiration!! 

screenshot_210207-14-19-17.jpg

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

1 hour ago, EnnVee said:

I recently created a very fun blaster named Galva Crystal, she is an Elec/Ice blaster and I am very happy with her initial costume, however, I am a bit stuck on how to give her any additional looks. I would love some ideas and inspiration!! 

Wow, Fire and Ice don't give a lot of options for modifying, do they? When you say additional looks, do you want to stay close to what you have or are you looking for entire new concepts?

I went more conservative, trying to stay close to your original but wanting to play up  on the character's electrical nature and the crystal part of the name:

GC.thumb.png.533367c114d82f3e4649cd43ad074c60.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Wow, Fire and Ice don't give a lot of options for modifying, do they? When you say additional looks, do you want to stay close to what you have or are you looking for entire new concepts?

I went more conservative, trying to stay close to your original but wanting to play up  on the character's electrical nature and the crystal part of the name:

GC.thumb.png.533367c114d82f3e4649cd43ad074c60.png

This is really pretty ! 

20 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

I made her 5'7, and used the electric aura in red. I gave her the skull belt, its a little hard to see in my pic. I have the costume saved if you need the exact pieces, I forgot to jot them down. 

hellectricity.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EnnVee said:

Tried a palette-swap look, with a lot more "busy-ness" in the elements to accentuate the jagged electrical nature & a different take on ice crystals.

image.thumb.png.290f0acac25a08dde19b3324cb18b637.png

galvac.costume

• Like 2

@Cutter

If its not any trouble could I ask for a few costumes for some villains? I got a few concepts on mind but im stuck on costumes, one is for a sonic using villain of mutation origin, someone anarchistic, creative freedom on gender and such and the other is for a darkness powered villain, again, creative freedom on how he or she looks

8 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

If its not any trouble could I ask for a few costumes for some villains? I got a few concepts on mind but im stuck on costumes, one is for a sonic using villain of mutation origin, someone anarchistic, creative freedom on gender and such and the other is for a darkness powered villain, again, creative freedom on how he or she looks

Were you looking for something more classically rebellious?

ClassicAnarch.thumb.png.7106b06fbc2c72e9c205bb291bf1e229.png

ClassicAnarchy.costume

11 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

Taking a stab at these very blank slates!

image.thumb.png.653470fa3ff52d748bdf09c6abff08e9.pngimage.thumb.png.9403c0a6481ebd800df45987328c23e7.png

darkvillain.costume sonicvillain.costume

@Cutter

51 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Yeah, this song is about telling all the authority figures in your life that you reject their claim of power of you. LET'S WAIL!!!!

CA2.thumb.png.a2d085764c1da3c75646570bf101cbff.png

Actually this one works perfect for the sonic gal I got in mind, thank you 🙂 and i apologize for not being specific enough

16 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

Someone else got the sonic one, so I thought I'd do the dark one.  I got inspired for this one!  I started with the head and the rest just came naturally.  I'd seen the "third eye detail with spectrum face" trick and I wanted to try it.  I hope you like the results!
(Also, I really, REALLY wish that female characters had access to that CoT shoulder detail, too!)

oneeyedark.png

oneeye.costume

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

17 hours ago, MattL1222 said:

It looks like you found your sonic mutant, so I thought I'd take a stab at "darkness powered villain."

dark.png

dark1.png

dark2.png

darkpower.costume

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Spoiler

On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, Yellowjacket said:

Going through old posts and got inspired. . . hopefully you're still around and playing this character! SpacerCostumes.zip

spacer.gif

Amazing! Yep, I still play.

These are great ideas I'll have to impliment.

I've updated her page here.

Edited by Xoza
  • Thanks 1

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

• 3 weeks later

Hi guys! I need your help and talent.

I'd like to roll a magic earth/nature controller, something like a D&D earth mage, but everytime I try I end up with a CoT look-a-like.

I imagine this toon as a male, with a beard (not the longest hough) and no hair or with a hood. Any input/help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

G.

4 hours ago, Doc.G said:

Hi guys! I need your help and talent.

I'd like to roll a magic earth/nature controller, something like a D&D earth mage, but everytime I try I end up with a CoT look-a-like.

I imagine this toon as a male, with a beard (not the longest hough) and no hair or with a hood. Any input/help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

G.

How "traditional" a mage look were you shooting for?

EarthMage.thumb.jpg.504affa8e36973c9d239d6bfeab4ebda.jpg

EarthMage.costume

• Like 3