Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

6 hours ago, Doc.G said:

Hi guys! I need your help and talent.

I'd like to roll a magic earth/nature controller, something like a D&D earth mage, but everytime I try I end up with a CoT look-a-like.

I imagine this toon as a male, with a beard (not the longest hough) and no hair or with a hood. Any input/help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

G.

My stab at it.

image.thumb.png.99025deed0bdb87526d4956af459431f.png

earthmage.costume

• Like 2

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

7 hours ago, Doc.G said:

Hi guys! I need your help and talent.

I'd like to roll a magic earth/nature controller, something like a D&D earth mage, but everytime I try I end up with a CoT look-a-like.

I imagine this toon as a male, with a beard (not the longest hough) and no hair or with a hood. Any input/help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

G.

Hopefully this is suitably far removed from CoT. I don't know what the big gold gauntlet is for, I just thought it looked magic-y.

Untitled.png

druid.costume

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 5

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

7 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Are you looking for the traditional brown/green earth tones with a classic look?

I think there is some of that already here or are you looking for something a bit different?

I've searched this thread but using my phone and probably missed them, sorry! 

I guess the classic look is what I'm looking for although any "heroic" recall would be great.

Random request time.  I've got two insane-space-genie-from-another-dimension type characters, and I'd like to add a third.  Long story short, I have three names that I recycle (in MMOs in which they'd fit - sorry, FFXIV).  I've matched two of those names with costumes that I like, but I can't seem to put together third costume that retains the theme without copying myself.  Since you folks helped me with the other two costumes, I figured I'd hold out my artistic begging bowl once again.  Here are the two I've been running with:

808050179_Crazyspacegenies.png.ca864e3726d79e07b7b17d3edbbfe071.png

Both are corruptors - Dark/Dark on the left, Rad/Storm on the right.  The first is the sly and sneaky type, while the second is the model of arrogant nobility.  The unknown third would be a practical yet savage type - likely a melee AT, but I wouldn't rule out blaster with Ninja Training.  Whatever she ends up being, she'll need a sword (or two).  I'd like to show more of the third character's face as well, but I'm not sure how to get around the "scarring" on the Organic face.

Having typed that, I just realized that instead of being an insane space genie from another dimension, Number Three could work as a near-human hunter of insane-space-genies-from-other-dimensions.  That would free up the face limitation, but I'd still like the eyes (or at least one of them) to have some sort of glow that says "why, yes, I am from another dimension, and, yes, I am insane."

22 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Random request time.  I've got two insane-space-genie-from-another-dimension type characters, and I'd like to add a third.  Long story short, I have three names that I recycle (in MMOs in which they'd fit - sorry, FFXIV).  I've matched two of those names with costumes that I like, but I can't seem to put together third costume that retains the theme without copying myself.  Since you folks helped me with the other two costumes, I figured I'd hold out my artistic begging bowl once again.  The unknown third would be a practical yet savage type - likely a melee AT, but I wouldn't rule out blaster with Ninja Training.  Whatever she ends up being, she'll need a sword (or two).  I'd like to show more of the third character's face as well, but I'm not sure how to get around the "scarring" on the Organic face.

Having typed that, I just realized that instead of being an insane space genie from another dimension, Number Three could work as a near-human hunter of insane-space-genies-from-other-dimensions.  That would free up the face limitation, but I'd still like the eyes (or at least one of them) to have some sort of glow that says "why, yes, I am from another dimension, and, yes, I am insane."

How's this, built on a DB/Ninjitsu Scrapper chassis:

image.thumb.png.4a1ec42c4d7c4d14408e3d3c76a537ca.png

space genie.costume

• Like 3

@Cutter

On 3/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, Christopher Robin said:
On 3/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, Mjolnerd said:

................I don't know what the big gold gauntlet is for, I just thought it looked magic-y.

It's comments like these that haunt Serge's dreams.

Totally read that somehow as: "It's comments like these that power Hamidon's heart"

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

How about a neck cover (from face) in shoulders so we could use other Face things like make up or Camo just a thought.

I believe you're looking for this thread, citizen. The one you're in now is for players to request help from other players in designing their costumes.

• Thanks 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 hours ago, Troo said:

Totally read that somehow as: "It's comments like these that power Hamidon's heart"

Not sure how you got there but you may want to avoid any salads for a the next few days. 07K1tHnz_o.png

I meant the proprietor of Icon. I imagine if your calling in life is, as he says,

to make sure heroes fight crime with style and panache then seemly

arbitrary costume choices would be the bane of your existence.

"Why did you choose those golden gloves Hero? Did they call out to your soul!?!"

"Well I'm magic themed and they just looked kinda magic-y to me."

/e facepalm. "Leave my establishment at once!" rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 3/13/2021 at 11:34 PM, Damoklese said:

Here is a quick mockup for an Earth Mage type.

EarthMage.png

EarthMage2.png

whoa this is great too. Would it be possible to have the costume file by any chance?

by the way FYI I'm actually using the one posted by Mjolnerd (what a nickname!).

• Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 4:26 PM, Cutter said:

How's this, built on a DB/Ninjitsu Scrapper chassis:

Wow, good start!  I guess I've never given Imperial Dynasty a fair chance before.  However, the top is showing more skin than I'd like.  Unfortunately, after playing around a bit, I found a couple of potential deal-breakers.  First, the trim color on the "Top/Bottom with Skin" version of Imperial Dynasty is fixed.  Second, that color is not available in the costume creator palette.

Ugh.  That limits my options for fixing the top.  It's either 1) go monotone with the top, 2) obscure or overhwelm the leggings, or 3) take the tights version of the leggings.  Here's one attempt at #2.  Ignore the hair - I kind of like it, but it doesn't scream "space genie" to me.  Keeping it as a placeholder for now.

Also, the freaking boots in this game kill me.  Still.

BTW, went Dual Blades/Electricity Armor scrapper - never used Electricity anything before.

778349550_Spacegenie3.thumb.png.551a36d5bae1552854a98a6d583b6ebf.png

Space Genie 5.costume

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Wow, good start!  I guess I've never given Imperial Dynasty a fair chance before.  However, the top is showing more skin than I'd like.  Unfortunately, after playing around a bit, I found a couple of potential deal-breakers.  First, the trim color on the "Top/Bottom with Skin" version of Imperial Dynasty is fixed.  Second, that color is not available in the costume creator palette.

Ugh.  That limits my options for fixing the top.  It's either 1) go monotone with the top, 2) obscure or overhwelm the leggings, or 3) take the tights version of the leggings.  Here's one attempt at #2.  Ignore the hair - I kind of like it, but it doesn't scream "space genie" to me.  Keeping it as a placeholder for now.

Also, the freaking boots in this game kill me.  Still.

BTW, went Dual Blades/Electricity Armor scrapper - never used Electricity anything before.

778349550_Spacegenie3.thumb.png.551a36d5bae1552854a98a6d583b6ebf.png

Space Genie 5.costume 7.27 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, the lack of secondary colour options on the Imperial-with-skin outfit is obnoxious, as the imperfect colour match. But it's such an aesthetically neat piece that it's hard to resist! I'm sure you can pull something out of it that you're happy with.

@Cutter

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

I  re-read your post @Sublime and now it sounds more like you just want

someone to make a complete costume for you as close to a Luddite as

possible and not actual help with picking out options in the CC.

If that is the case then here ya go.

Costume file attached below.

FKxgbIyq_o.jpg

I put the former text in a spoiler box if you want 

suggestions on how to tweak it yourself.

Spoiler

Well @Sublime Luddites are not a group you can have exactly as they appear ingame,

they use custom parts, but you can get close. It depends what is more important to you.

Up top if you want the belt on the outside then robes are best. MA3 and Warrior probably get closest.

If you don't care about the belt being visible then you can go with jackets or vest and give up the belt.

Below is the same deal if you want the boots outside the leggings you have to go with tights or tucked.

But to get the resistance or denim patterns you have to choose pants and then boots will be underneath.

For the boots Resistance or flared base in a leather pattern get close. RetroSci-fi3 is also a good option.

For head there are 3-4 faces that get close, the hostile ones are probably your best bet.

There are a few exceptions to the above statements of course,

here are a couple quick variations to show you what I mean.

a ludd5.costume

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 5

07K1tHnz_o.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

I  re-read your post @Sublime and now it sounds more like you just want

someone to make a complete costume for you as close to a Luddite as

possible and not actual help with picking out options in the CC.

If that is the case then here ya go.

Costume file attached below.

FKxgbIyq_o.jpg

I put the former text in a spoiler box if you want 

suggestions on how to tweak it yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

Well @Sublime Luddites are not a group you can have exactly as they appear ingame,

they use custom parts, but you can get close. It depends what is more important to you.

Up top if you want the belt on the outside then robes are best. MA3 and Warrior probably get closest.

If you don't care about the belt being visible then you can go with jackets or vest and give up the belt.

Below is the same deal if you want the boots outside the leggings you have to go with tights or tucked.

But to get the resistance or denim patterns you have to choose pants and then boots will be underneath.

For the boots Resistance or flared base in a leather pattern get close. RetroSci-fi3 is also a good option.

For head there are 3-4 faces that get close, the hostile ones are probably your best bet.

There are a few exceptions to the above statements of course,

here are a couple quick variations to show you what I mean.

a ludd5.costume 6.85 kB · 2 downloads

Apologies that i didnt write down more clearly, yeah i was having difficulties just creating (*Cough* copying *cough*) Luddite costume but this is awesome! Thank you for this! 🙂

• Like 1

@Sublime No worries. That is the purpose of this thread. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Here's a couple more. One using assorted armor pieces & the other

using color patterns to suggest the shape of the Luddites tunic/gambeson.

iPOpZAi9_o.jpg                  4tfgyTWU_o.jpg

a ludd6.costume a ludd7.costume

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png