Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Doing a chameleon character and can't quite settle on a face. The first one I like for a general lizard-man look, but it doesn't really look like an actual chameleon.

The other two are attempts to make the head more like a real chameleon's head, with a triceratops-type crest, large eyes with small black dots and a slightly bulbous chin.

Suggestions?

Chameleon-faces.jpg

Currently trying to come up with something inspired by/similar to this. Feel free to take a jab at it costume creators :P. I love this thread though, great advice, and just great costumes.

Friday.png

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 7:38 PM, Thayn said:

Currently trying to come up with something inspired by/similar to this. Feel free to take a jab at it costume creators :P. I love this thread though, great advice, and just great costumes.

Friday.png

wf1.thumb.JPG.2b5bb1c2c782111e94daf5a23258cb3a.JPG wf2.thumb.JPG.6614406cf839fce1b7b823b9075482db.JPG

I took a stab at your waifu 🙂

Edited by Yellowjacket
  • Like 2

I'm looking for a bit of advice for my latest character "Daemchyld" - She's a half-demon who had lived outside of society for most of her life.  She wears a mixture of demonic armor and various fashions from the human world that catch her eye.  Thanks for your consideration!

daemchyld2.jpg

daemchyld1.jpg

daemchyld6.jpg

daemchyld2.costume

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, Garble said:

Doing a chameleon character and can't quite settle on a face. The first one I like for a general lizard-man look, but it doesn't really look like an actual chameleon.

The other two are attempts to make the head more like a real chameleon's head, with a triceratops-type crest, large eyes with small black dots and a slightly bulbous chin.

Suggestions?

Chameleon-faces.jpg

I gave it a shot and couldn't really  anything better than what you came up with. I clipped the warrior helmet detail into the bunker shield using the brow and cranium sliders and that sort of works? It's techy looking. Making the head tall deep and skinny helps it read as a chameleon also. I think the first one you made with the yellow eyes is a great look,  you don't have to take the chameleon theme too literally. Spider-Man looks nothing like a spider, after all.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 1:34 AM, biostem said:

I'm looking for a bit of advice for my latest character "Daemchyld" - She's a half-demon who had lived outside of society for most of her life.  She wears a mixture of demonic armor and various fashions from the human world that catch her eye.  Thanks for your consideration!

daemchyld2.jpg

daemchyld1.jpg

daemchyld6.jpg

daemchyld2.costume 7.16 kB · 1 download

Cool costume / concept. I'm not really getting much of a "demonic armor" vibe, though. I went a little more sinister with a witchblade-esque armor and one with some regular armor. The second one has "Armor Plate" bottoms that match well with the high heel design. A tiny bit bolder with the color. You could change the red to purple or whatever suits your fancy. I did pale skin for thematic reasons but obviously keep the darker tone if that's what you want.
dc.thumb.JPG.f539f81e0191505b1c75e68318ebb01a.JPGdc2.thumb.JPG.aca82ce5253810754872b2fbcefe2950.JPGdc3.JPG.9fdbfc603087083c6192d44468cb464c.JPG

Edited by Yellowjacket
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, biostem said:

daemchyld2.jpg

daemchyld1.jpg

daemchyld6.jpg

Okay, I had to take a crack at this one.  I ended up going in a different direction a bit: I wanted her gathered fashion accessories to come from various points in history, hence the Roman vambrace, Old West boots and shoulder piece, fancy ascot, acid-washed jeans, and techno-style trenchcoat.  I also tried to pick bits that someone of a demonic persuasion might find appealing (especially with the skull shoulder piece and the wickedly-curved spurs on the boots).  For the demonic armor, I mostly used CoT pieces, with pain pads and the ascension face piece, mostly because they're pointy, in the traditional black and red.

I hope this helps!

halfdemonfront.thumb.png.d69945f45cd89ff246c6254615f52b94.pnghalfdemonback.png

halfdemonsword.pnghalfdemon.costume

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 6:34 AM, biostem said:

daemchyld2.jpg

daemchyld1.jpg

daemchyld6.jpg

Hi Biostem, thought I could take a crack at this for you. She's a little bit demonic, a little bit armoured and a little bit fashionable :). I actually started out with the armour in the generic demon red and black, but figured red'n'blackers aren't very fashionable anymore... Hope you like.

Daemchyld001.png.82bf099068df9e85c6eaafae151f1603.png

Daemchyld002.png.6c884c54520e3d3c8df6b51d4287c6ce.png

Daemchyld001.costume

• Like 3

I seem to recall from long, long ago you could make "Genie hair" but for the life of me I can't seem to locate it in costume options.  Was it a hat maybe?  Or just a hairstyle?

I'm trying to make something that looks sort of like Lady Deadpool's mask with her ponytail sticking out the top.  Obviously not trying to copy her, but I always liked that look for a mask.

Lady Deadpool Render by bloomsama on DeviantArt

Coming back to the game finally after it first initially got shut down, Trying to make a character based off what I made when I was younger that I wanted to make a comic on and such, you know normal kid things, been thinking about it again recently and might give it a shot, so got some questions and i'll also shoot the images out for people to give a crack at it cause im not doing to hot with it, my main question is, is there a way to import a symbol though localized at all? I have a unique symbol that fits him done up, and nothing in the symbol list is really hitting the fancy besides maybe the atomic symbol as the symbol I use has relation to it (unless you guys can find something that works great of course lol). But here is the upper part of the suit I drew when I was younger and his face, and the symbol he uses. The symbol is a Quantum Mechanics symbol, being a physics student I always wanted to create a physics specific based hero and found this unique symbol and just loved how it looks, he has a very Snyder Superman feel to his demeanor but is a hero, he is human, has the normal superman powers but has some actual physics based powers I created for him specifically. If you are interested in what they are I would love to share, but other than that his stance on heroes for his comic self is he grew tired of being "the hero" and anymore dresses like a normal person watching things go on around him, a disgruntled and bored hero who has just given up on trying to save those who he believes are just set for destruction etc. hope that helps with any design feels for you guys for who he is. (sorry for the short story)

Screenshot_2.png

imgbin-quantum-mechanics-symbol-physics-quantum-entanglement-symbol-RqWtvZpeZbAm4wMS6qfiXsSXi.jpg

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crysis said:

I seem to recall from long, long ago you could make "Genie hair" but for the life of me I can't seem to locate it in costume options.  Was it a hat maybe?  Or just a hairstyle?

There is a hairstyle under "standard" called "topknot", which is what I think you're looking for...

topknot1.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 5/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, Crysis said:

No idea what your talking bout, ignore my avatar. ;)

• Haha 2

@Crysis Yep. As Biostem notes, "Topknot" is most likely what you remember.

@DJ1 lol

@Zevrock Welcome back to the game and welcome to the best part of the forums!

As for getting a custom symbol into the game, at this time the only way is with a "mod." As for the web comic bit,

there are artists here & three of them are even doing comics (@ToxinFox here, and @Cobalt Arachne here,

and @Twitless over here) that they post in other artz threads but I don't know if you realize how much

work goes into creating a comic book. You are talking dozens of hours if not hundreds so unless they

really love your character or you pay them really well you will most likely not get a free comic made here.

There are chances to win artwork of your character from time to time though so keep your eyes open for those.

Keep working on your story concept too, who knows maybe one day it'll be a comic we can all read and enjoy. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 5

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

So, ok.

I was looking at various designs of the Scarecrow, and in particular checking out his designs from the games Injustice 2

Spoiler

491a3dd652ed5ee81345eddcebae35a6.jpg

8eff99be79e1676c3335ba7f1b1374b0.jpg

as well as Arkham Asylum.

Spoiler

d6hxvu5-7be2ba73-c1a3-4107-9d81-e584fdf3

And so I went into the character creator, and tried my hand at designing a similar feeling character:

A8GdB9A.png

fYhyPcR.png

6JjOfLo.png

But I am not super in love with any of these designs I came up with, I feel like there's something missing. I'm not married to either the zombie skin or the hook on the hand(I just saw a chance to make a Candyman reference and took it), but I'm just using those as examples of the sort of thing I'm going for. Anyone have any better designs for me to check out?

8 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

So, ok.

I was looking at various designs of the Scarecrow, and in particular checking out his designs from the games Injustice 2

Hide contents

491a3dd652ed5ee81345eddcebae35a6.jpg

8eff99be79e1676c3335ba7f1b1374b0.jpg

as well as Arkham Asylum.

Hide contents

d6hxvu5-7be2ba73-c1a3-4107-9d81-e584fdf3

And so I went into the character creator, and tried my hand at designing a similar feeling character:

A8GdB9A.png

fYhyPcR.png

6JjOfLo.png

But I am not super in love with any of these designs I came up with, I feel like there's something missing. I'm not married to either the zombie skin or the hook on the hand(I just saw a chance to make a Candyman reference and took it), but I'm just using those as examples of the sort of thing I'm going for. Anyone have any better designs for me to check out?

Here's my attempt.  I really liked the green on the mask in the first picture, so I tried to do something like that, with some of the stuff from your third costume added in.  I don't know if this is exactly what you were going for, but hopefully it helps!

scarecrow.png

scarecrowhood.costume

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later

So, Ukase is far too embarrassed to ask this himself, so while he was on a call, I snuck on here and typed this out. He's at his wit's end coming up with a gorilla with a thong for reasons that escape any rationale I can think of. 

So..this is gonna sound super strange - but what he wants is the closest thing he can get to a gorilla. And, heaven help those whom he teams with, a thong. 
He claims it's impossible to have monstrous fur and a thong. Nor any gorilla/ape/monkey type heads. But he wouldn't really know - he just hits the random button most of the time. 

But, I'm sure some of you know the costume creator better than he does. Maybe it's hidden in there somewhere. 

I will see to it that you're rewarded if you submit a file I can download for him when he's not looking, if yours is chosen. 

Thanks!