Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Not sure who you are or why you are on someone else's account instead of making one for yourself but I can tell you from

experience a gorilla is definitely possible if you get creative.  I've made one and I have seen others make them as well.

I don't think a thong will work though (yay?) as the Monstrous Fur bottom specifically has no overlay option &

only allows a single color so even the appearance of a thong via color differentiation wouldn't really work.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

15 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, Ukase is far too embarrassed to ask this himself, so while he was on a call, I snuck on here and typed this out. He's at his wit's end coming up with a gorilla with a thong for reasons that escape any rationale I can think of. 

So..this is gonna sound super strange - but what he wants is the closest thing he can get to a gorilla. And, heaven help those whom he teams with, a thong. 
He claims it's impossible to have monstrous fur and a thong. Nor any gorilla/ape/monkey type heads. But he wouldn't really know - he just hits the random button most of the time. 

But, I'm sure some of you know the costume creator better than he does. Maybe it's hidden in there somewhere. 

I will see to it that you're rewarded if you submit a file I can download for him when he's not looking, if yours is chosen. 

Thanks!

*Heavy sigh*
Doesn't work if you're going for fur. Also thong is unfairly only available on the female model. So without stopping to ask if I should, I give you Steampunk Bikini Gorilla. I now know how Dr. Frankenstein felt. . . this creature shall torment my conscience for the remainder of my days. Please. No reward.
TG.JPG.a1e999f6cab91d6efb2d8236e9f5ba84.JPGtg2.JPG.da5fcddc99c831feb024e52004acee4a.JPG

stg.costume

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

I was listening to the radio the other day and they played 'Electric Dreams' by The Human League, I found myself remembering the film of the same name (which the song was also played on) about a computer that falls in love with a Cellist....anyway I digress.

Suddenly I've found myself desperate to be immersed in as much 'eighties' as possible, thus was Gozer the Destructor promptly cloned.

In addition I am trying to put together a Ghostbusters outfit on the character designer but cannot for the life of me find a jumpsuit so....I'd be very interested to hear any ideas or advice about costume parts I could use that might best represent the Ghostbusters uniform.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

On 6/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, CaptainAmazing said:

In addition I am trying to put together a Ghostbusters outfit on the character designer but cannot for the life of me find a jumpsuit so....I'd be very interested to hear any ideas or advice about costume parts I could use that might best represent the Ghostbusters uniform.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil.

I got something semi-okay using the Jackets option with the Official Shirt and Pushed sleeves.  For bottoms, it was a toss-up whether to go with regular pants, tight pants, or baggy pants, although I used the "Cargo" option in any case.  For the belt, I used Leather Eyelets, although there are several options that approximate the look in the movie.

I hope this helps!

On 6/22/2021 at 2:06 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

It's tough to get something exact, but here's my attempt:

ether hunter2.jpg

ether hunter1.jpg

ether hunter2.costume ether hunter1.costume

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 1:45 AM, biostem said:

There is a hairstyle under "standard" called "topknot", which is what I think you're looking for...

topknot1.jpg

Not thrilled with the mask stitching, although it's not as noticeable from a distance, but otherwise got it close to what I wanted.  Thanks!

image.png.6ef03b74843308677570ccbba60ff74e.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone got a good costume, or idea for something Victorian era inspired? I know we have the steampunk pieces, but was just wondering if anyone was sitting on a good one they'd like to share for inspiration!

On 7/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, Thayn said:

Anyone got a good costume, or idea for something Victorian era inspired? I know we have the steampunk pieces, but was just wondering if anyone was sitting on a good one they'd like to share for inspiration!

I don't know how well this embraces Victorian dress, but here's my attempt - "En Garde 'n Unmarred":

en garde n unmarred2.jpg

en garde n unmarred1.jpg

en garde n unmarred4.costume

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, Thayn said:

Perhaps you'll find your interest piqued by the very latest technological marvel of the modern age?

steam.png

steam2.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

Is... is he not wearing any pants????

All the top futurists agree: by the end of the Twentieth Century, advances in new technologies such as "electro-nomics" will make the need for pants a thing of the past! Primarily because they would be ignited by the fires from the coal-fed rocket packs everyone will be wearing.

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Haha 3

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

• 4 weeks later

Any suggestions on how to make a bear head in the CoH costume creator? I know there is not a costume part named Bear Head per se, but I think I have seen characters in-game which looked like bears, so presumably people have combined some of the other costume parts to make something bear-like. Many thanks in advance.

And yes, the reason I ask is that this thread inspired me... 

Just got the name 'Protect' for a retiring police officer that turned into a PB.

I also managed to snag the name 'Serve' when I was coming up with a name for the initial character and figured it would be better for a MM or controller. Any thoughts on a costume? My initial thoughts were for a mummy who could raise the dead around him, but I couldn't really come up with a costume more than just a guy with a mummy head. Also thought about a demon summoning MM but it's pretty up in the air at this point.

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

'Serve', huh?  Is this a heroic character or a villain?  Either way, a pissed-off waiter/waitress could be a way to go...

Or a very confused chef...

"It's a cookbook!!!"

Edited by biostem
  • Haha 1

So I created this character, called "The Drawbacker", who is an archery/temporal manipulation blaster.  I like her design, but it is missing something, therefore I am here asking for some input from you fine folks.  I'd love to see if any of you can add a bit of flair or pizzazz - something to give the costume a bit more interest.  My only request is that you keep the waist-cape and chainmail.  Thanks for reading!

drawbacker1.jpg

drawbacker2.jpg

draw-back1.costume

9 hours ago, biostem said:

So I created this character, called "The Drawbacker", who is an archery/temporal manipulation blaster.  I like her design, but it is missing something, therefore I am here asking for some input from you fine folks.  I'd love to see if any of you can add a bit of flair or pizzazz - something to give the costume a bit more interest.  My only request is that you keep the waist-cape and chainmail.  Thanks for reading!

For pizzaazz without changing much you might consider nothing more than slightly less muted color settings:

Drawbacker.thumb.png.ba2dc11f1d7a2e47d9679075ce7ca326.png

The left side is the costume with no changes other than a slightly more golden hue in the appropriate places. 

The right side is my frustration that the waistcoat is part of the belt settings as Archery/Temporal screams to me to have both quiver and clock. I tried Trenchcoat to get the look but then the belt option wasn't available (and changes would have been necessary to the chest but I think that could have gotten close).

I may fiddle with it some more as the day progresses.

Edit: Forgot to add the costume files.

Draw-Back2.costumeDraw-Back3.costume

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1