Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Okay, I had to take a shot at this one (pun intended 😛).  That name was just too good to pass up. 

My first thought was "more color!" so I added a dark blue to the palette.  I also wanted to put a pattern on the chain mail because I thought it would look cool. I'm not sure about the pattern on the bottoms, but it seems to match the top.  The light grey/silver ended up being more of an accent color.  I don't quite have the color balance nailed on the bottom from the front view, IMO, but I hope you like it!drawbackerx.costume

draw-backerx.png

draw-backerxback.png

• Thanks 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Got a random not-quite-a-request for you all.  I really like the Microbial aura.  It's got this Lovecraftian weirdness to it that reminds me of his short story "From Beyond."  I'd love to make a character around it, or at least an alternate costume for one of my weirder characters, but I could use a kick of inspiration.

If you've used the aura before, would you be willing to share an image?  No special constraints - I just want to get some brain wheels rolling.

• Like 1

If you don't want to have to wait for a request, you can show off costumes you want to share at the Costume Exchange Warehouse!

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

• 3 weeks later

I'm making a Fire/Dark corruptor villain with a backstory that he is the offspring of Durin's Bane (the Balrog Gandalf fought in LOTR).  Can anyone workup a costume that would be appropriate?  I'd like him to look similar to Durin's Bane but maybe a little less imposing as he's not as powerful as his father.  I don't really have any specifics other than that.  

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

I'm making a Fire/Dark corruptor villain with a backstory that he is the offspring of Durin's Bane (the Balrog Gandalf fought in LOTR).  Can anyone workup a costume that would be appropriate?  I'd like him to look similar to Durin's Bane but maybe a little less imposing as he's not as powerful as his father.  I don't really have any specifics other than that.  

Thanks in advance!

So something like:

Balrod.thumb.png.31b4a7966ade4f65c188c8bab0e589b5.png

You can only get the whip if you play Mastermind/Demonic Summoning.

While there is a Fiery Aura option, to my mind Bio Plasma looks better (and if you go one of the melee classes, you can take Fiery Aura and layer it in too).

Balrog.costume

On 8/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, optimistic said:

Thanks in advance!

Here is my attempt.  I hope you can use it!  Cheers!

son of balrog2.jpg

son of balrog3.jpg

son of balrog1.costume

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, TheOtherTed said:

Got a random not-quite-a-request for you all.  I really like the Microbial aura.  It's got this Lovecraftian weirdness to it that reminds me of his short story "From Beyond."  I'd love to make a character around it, or at least an alternate costume for one of my weirder characters, but I could use a kick of inspiration.

If you've used the aura before, would you be willing to share an image?  No special constraints - I just want to get some brain wheels rolling.

This is what I've got at the moment. It's not quite there, yet. I originally had the Argus face and zombie body with this idea, but it evolved into a guy with chronic illness whose mutant immune system is exterior to his body (currently represented by Poison/Dark Defender colored the filthiest browns I can manage).

Screenshot (88).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WitchofDread said:

help with creating other banshee costumes

There are a lot of interpretations of what a banshee is and I may have drawn inspiration from a less aesthetically beautiful one, but perhaps there is something you might find useful from my go:

Banshee.thumb.jpg.00e3d0df1d07e47104551089e3fdbdec.jpg

Banshee.costume

Muted fairy dust aura during combat, red eyes from dark armor color selection (Soul Noir With Eyes).

Edited by Erratic1

Okay, I just HAD to try my hand at this banshee costume.  I looked up "banshee" on wikipedia and this costume is somewhat based on that (gray cloak, green dress, long hair, Irish-theme).  The idea is that she looks mostly normal from the back, but when you see her face... HOLY $H17!!  I used the fireflies aura for eyes in combat only in red for an extra bit of freaky when she's fighting. Costume file: bansheeS.costume

Back, mostly normal-looking:

bansheeback.thumb.png.298e17ed690449fac8eeb42d58098eac.png

Front, no aura:

bancheefront.thumb.png.9c02f18d4710aa54d1d825285caf51f6.png

Front, with aura ("now she's pissed off"):

bansheeaura.thumb.png.81d53dad0dd8852dbd31bd26b8f7066e.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hello all you fantastic costume creators! I’m looking for something that fits the theme of a demons/dark MM, but doesn’t seem too out of place as a hero!  Gender doesn’t matter, and it could be based on a demon itself, or a mage, or I’ve even thought of doing something like the demons summoned are manifestations of the bad guys “inner demons” type thing!  Thank you in advance! 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:36 PM, Loreweaver said:

Hello all you fantastic costume creators! I’m looking for something that fits the theme of a demons/dark MM, but doesn’t seem too out of place as a hero!  Gender doesn’t matter, and it could be based on a demon itself, or a mage, or I’ve even thought of doing something like the demons summoned are manifestations of the bad guys “inner demons” type thing!  Thank you in advance! 

I played around with a few designs, and here's what I came up with, (1 is brown and 2 is tan/beige):

demdark1.jpg

demdark2.jpg

demdark1.costume demdark2.costume

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

One of my characters is a storm/dark/soul def but I'm really struggling to actually solidify her identity and i end up just recycling other costumes i have on different characters. I need some help either creating a whole new identity for her or tweaking her existing costumes.

When it comes to creating costumers for my characters i prefer to have a continual theme, colour scheme, or a recurring item such as the barbarian chest piece she wears in every costume. 

uNTMC6BBvex_DgKXEJng-ybbE-m1Nl2WJcSEBEXk1V1cM5THOHRyHMHetIhwqrzhw7cPxscRwQBBMR_gq-4KOU6KTywaC0LgeRGCyD31iEhHmBt_rGFfQd2lmly34klbP4GyaRV-=s0

-jOzftN4oCqj1aDwZ-nbOT3Psim1GvicXgmEdGN01_6-vdJ9msSbH1wmxgXpNkgGZa8L41Ls9LYW-dVwWNTaxwKqDOFg2gXxVhx88sPPMhPyTp51SxBNMjWXiHy1zng9Dp-cU7p6=s0

CMe6mrMod6wnn74twRLie7TgFimxYGLUtgVTTSzCQXXZSJ95Ty2-9vFXtmrx1S0g4iiyaxyPw4__NA36DkMBqJ0_VpCwVE6bWzmny3Sy0IqwK2JMN8cJT1PMc6JqYRH7JACm-zk3=s0

10 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

One of my characters is a storm/dark/soul def but I'm really struggling to actually solidify her identity and i end up just recycling other costumes i have on different characters. I need some help either creating a whole new identity for her or tweaking her existing costumes.

When it comes to creating costumers for my characters i prefer to have a continual theme, colour scheme, or a recurring item such as the barbarian chest piece she wears in every costume. 

What's your character's name?  Is she a hero, villain, rogue, vigilante, don't-care?

12 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Storm and Dark suggested the costume colors to me, including hair:

WeatherWitch.thumb.jpg.59e533171b88b1bc7899b8a959230e4e.jpg

WeatherWitch.costume