Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Looks to be Hats/Imperial Defense with Detail 2/Cybertech 3 using Supernatural Face 10

That's it, thank you! The glow of the face was part of the problem throwing me off, must be the lighting where he took the shot.

1 hour ago, That Ninja said:

Anyone have any cool speedster costume ideas? I have a nice looking main costume that's kind of derivative, but I wouldn't mind something that's more modern or just really breaks the mold.

My blaster is a thematically a speedster:

Rimeshock.thumb.jpg.a5a1998e389c76fdaab3931e5dd36bdb.jpg

Characters from comics tend to lean on either lightning bolt, wings, or both to imply speed. You could go with some more classically inspired:

Speedy.thumb.jpg.5991185b15bc0af6c025cd5d33eb7b65.jpg

Speedy.costume

Im working on a new sword toon with the new patch and an awesome name grab. The concept is she bumbled through time, landing in a few different historic spots and learning the sword from various masters. I'm hoping for something with a bit  of the same energy as Arturia from Fate/Stay but maybe more samurai? Really I just want badass swordswoman with a bit of classic armor, whatever looks awesome. I'm working on some stuff myself, but this thread is always so good at helping me see things from different angles or use parts I never think about. Anyone care to help create a new swordswoman/samurai jane with me? 😛

Saberartoria.webp

10 hours ago, Vadmac1991 said:

Need an idea gor a male Seismic/storm/dark corr. Mutant origin. Cant think of anything. Just need some inspiration really

The Big Bang?
The Greek mythological world creation story has Chaos giving birth to Night, who bears Sleep, Death and Darkness...

For Ovid,  Chaos was an unformed mass, where all the elements were jumbled up together in a "shapeless heap".

"Ante mare et terras et quod tegit omnia caelum

unus erat toto naturae vultus in orbe,

quem dixere chaos: rudis indigestaque moles

nec quicquam nisi pondus iners congestaque eodem

non bene iunctarum discordia semina rerum.

Before the ocean and the earth appeared— before the skies had overspread them all—

the face of Nature in a vast expanse was naught but Chaos uniformly waste.

It was a rude and undeveloped mass, that nothing made except a ponderous weight;

and all discordant elements confused, were there congested in a shapeless heap."

Sounds like Seismic Storm Darkness to me!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

The Big Bang?
The Greek mythological world creation story has Chaos giving birth to Night, who bears Sleep, Death and Darkness...

For Ovid,  Chaos was an unformed mass, where all the elements were jumbled up together in a "shapeless heap".

"Ante mare et terras et quod tegit omnia caelum

unus erat toto naturae vultus in orbe,

quem dixere chaos: rudis indigestaque moles

nec quicquam nisi pondus iners congestaque eodem

non bene iunctarum discordia semina rerum.

Before the ocean and the earth appeared— before the skies had overspread them all—

the face of Nature in a vast expanse was naught but Chaos uniformly waste.

It was a rude and undeveloped mass, that nothing made except a ponderous weight;

and all discordant elements confused, were there congested in a shapeless heap."

Sounds like Seismic Storm Darkness to me!

Need a solid outfit idea 🙏

15 hours ago, Vadmac1991 said:

Need a solid outfit idea 🙏

Do you already have a name for this character?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Knowing his name might help inspire some costume ideas... or at least narrow down the possibilities.  Any additional descriptions of the character (where he's from, how he got his powers, any beefs he has with any specific villains, etc.) would also be helpful.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Knowing his name might help inspire some costume ideas... or at least narrow down the possibilities.  Any additional descriptions of the character (where he's from, how he got his powers, any beefs he has with any specific villains, etc.) would also be helpful.

Calamity Strike. Most of the time is a Rogue. Mutant origin. Has beef with Scirocco as the "most powerful weather control" user. An "Omega" level mutant that is also has a Personality akin to Nate Grey (X-men)  here is the second outfit

16616384901217409077285713771332.jpg

I like that greek god speedster outfit, been wracking my brain over doing a Hermes based costume, so thanks a bunch.

I've got a character I've been playing as a main lately that's sort of a dark Captain America. The idea is that this character can be a more militarized american superhero who might buy into the propaganda or who might be a sour type who goes AWOL. He's a Shield/MA tanker, and I've got some costumes that look like black ops night mission look, a more tactical olive green and some gold trim pseudo-military costume, and one that looks like the army wanted to make a knockoff Statesman. Soldier Boy from season 3 of The Boys has been a big inspiration. The concept is pretty broad, so I've got things for golden age propaganda look, to pure military look, to the new movie "tacticool" look most superheroes have now, and so on and so forth.

5 hours ago, That Ninja said:

I like that greek god speedster outfit, been wracking my brain over doing a Hermes based costume, so thanks a bunch.

I've got a character I've been playing as a main lately that's sort of a dark Captain America. The idea is that this character can be a more militarized american superhero who might buy into the propaganda or who might be a sour type who goes AWOL. He's a Shield/MA tanker, and I've got some costumes that look like black ops night mission look, a more tactical olive green and some gold trim pseudo-military costume, and one that looks like the army wanted to make a knockoff Statesman. Soldier Boy from season 3 of The Boys has been a big inspiration. The concept is pretty broad, so I've got things for golden age propaganda look, to pure military look, to the new movie "tacticool" look most superheroes have now, and so on and so forth.

Well, there is always...

AmAgent.thumb.jpg.cff851d6dede160c637950d76c9fbfa5.jpg   AmSol.thumb.jpg.7a886b6f8150591d79499e27bf95b132.jpg

AmericanAgent.costume                                                                               AmericanAgent2.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Vadmac1991 said:

Anyone got a good color set for this guy with bio/Super Strength tank making the bio armor look like muscles? 

Something like:

Bioss.thumb.jpg.dc1719dbbd9831a2cbc8c4aedac06f64.jpg

Bioss.costume

Set your Bio power effects to Minimal FX then  for powers which only have Original or Color Tintable, choose Color Tintable and set the primary to match the skin and the secondary to the lightest brown you can find.

Edit: In a bit of rush this morning. Did not address the left eye. Perhaps tonight when I get home.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Been leveling a new savage melee scrapper and was happy to get the name "Max Savage". I originally intended him to be a sort of fighting game or kung fu character in looks, but the hand slashes are a little too "savage" to seem graceful. I've been trying to since make up all the either earnest or tongue-in-cheek "badass" looks, like Wolverine, Batman, leather jacket types, anything, but haven't found something that could really stick. I forget how much of a "hook" claws are for Wolverine and how making something that invokes his costume seems bare without them.

Anyone have any tips or ideas? Everything is on the table for this guy.

1 hour ago, That Ninja said:

Been leveling a new savage melee scrapper and was happy to get the name "Max Savage". I originally intended him to be a sort of fighting game or kung fu character in looks, but the hand slashes are a little too "savage" to seem graceful. I've been trying to since make up all the either earnest or tongue-in-cheek "badass" looks, like Wolverine, Batman, leather jacket types, anything, but haven't found something that could really stick. I forget how much of a "hook" claws are for Wolverine and how making something that invokes his costume seems bare without them.

I like the Monstrous hands for Savage Melee. It’s more Sabretooth than Wolverine, and they look cool. Subtle, but cool.

My Savage Melee characters Badger Boy, Monster Detective and Sabretooth Tiger:

05653-CEC-322-D-465-D-9651-FA1-BB45-CB51

5893912-F-189-A-405-E-BDA4-56821-E45-D01
938-CF2-AC-51-A4-479-A-BB36-4-F02-B20-D2

10 hours ago, That Ninja said:

Marvel's Black, White, and Blood titles apparently are influencing me. I would say the left costume for a more, "I will hurt you only enough to stop you" feel, and the right costume for a more, "I don't care how much you end up hurting" feel.

NC.thumb.jpg.4fa1820f6b4d8e616514cd87d954a010.jpg    NC2.thumb.jpg.aeb88343c3d6c21a74fa21a87c7849b0.jpg

Nightclaw.costume

Edited by Erratic1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some really neat ideas there. I don't mind if it looks villainous, everything is fair game. From any media, villain or hero, comic or video game or manga or anime or movie, all ideas are welcome. As an aside, is Badger Boy based on The Badger? I was thinking of doing my own send up to him for a costume

20 hours ago, That Ninja said:

Some really neat ideas there. I don't mind if it looks villainous, everything is fair game. From any media, villain or hero, comic or video game or manga or anime or movie, all ideas are welcome. As an aside, is Badger Boy based on The Badger? I was thinking of doing my own send up to him for a costume

Not based on The Badger, but I do see the similarities to his original look. I wanted to make a character to get all the badges and I wanted to try out Savage Melee. I based his costume on my old character Mighty Lad (https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool/art/Mighty-Lad-94031428), and “Badger Boy” just suggested itself.

• 2 weeks later