Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

I'm taking costume suggestions for a character named Heebie-Jeebies.  AT and powerset suggestions will also be considered.  😎

That usually refers to a general feeling of dread and/or discomfort rather than in-your-face terror, so I'd go with a stalker... he could be anywhere! Maybe he's behind you right now! Anything fear-based automatically suggests Dark in some form or another, too; I like Dark Armor. But it's also a fairly silly phrase, so... murder clown?

Murder clown!

(I went with Broadsword for his attack set so I could give him a huge rusty knife, but other stuff could work too -- War Mace for a carnival mallet, maybe replace one or both hands with hooks and go Savage Melee... you've got options, is what I'm saying.)

I think I've mentioned this particular trick in this thread before, but I absolutely love Grin mask + Blast pattern + Volcanic (eyes) aura for things like this. Still shots really don't do justice to how unsettling it looks in motion, with the light burning in empty sockets and constantly flickering and warping and changing in intensity.

Bioluminescent is pretty gross/horrifying when colored in certain ways.

I tried to make the design colorful but without using especially bright versions of any given color except the red, to try to make his clothes look old/dirty/worn out.

murderclown.png

AndAlsoJeebies.costume

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Has anyone been able to come up with a good Gandalfy-wizard costume given the robe limitations? If you're feeling creative, would like to see a couple.  Thanks!

(Saw a toon briefly in Ouro on Excelsior called Physical Wizard that was a staff fighter with wizard staff and semi-decent look from afar, didn't get a good look)..

On 10/31/2022 at 7:27 PM, brasilgringo said:

Has anyone been able to come up with a good Gandalfy-wizard costume given the robe limitations? If you're feeling creative, would like to see a couple.  Thanks!

(Saw a toon briefly in Ouro on Excelsior called Physical Wizard that was a staff fighter with wizard staff and semi-decent look from afar, didn't get a good look)..

Bueller?  Bueller?

I tried. It doesn't really feel Gandalf-y enough to me, but figured I'd share anyway. I may have gotten a bit too focused on the robe skirt idea - the pants in Erratic1's design might work better, and the belt could probably be removed entirely. It's only there to sharpen the shape of the kilt anyway.

Gandalfwhiteattempt.png.f7c8e61168aef5c7bc5d5e53f0a1173e.pngGandalfwhiteattempt2.png.834e11359cc1f8b71bb7d4fe9a06f855.png

Gandalfattempt.costume

Edited by VeiledOwl
  • Like 4

Well, there's always the Rob Liefeld approach -- if you can't cover it in pouches, obscure it with smoke (or magic? Sure, let's go with magic)

wizard.png

YerAWizard.costume

• Like 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 10/24/2022 at 7:26 PM, Mjolnerd said:

That usually refers to a general feeling of dread and/or discomfort rather than in-your-face terror, so I'd go with a stalker... he could be anywhere! Maybe he's behind you right now! Anything fear-based automatically suggests Dark in some form or another, too; I like Dark Armor. But it's also a fairly silly phrase, so... murder clown?

Murder clown!

(I went with Broadsword for his attack set so I could give him a huge rusty knife, but other stuff could work too -- War Mace for a carnival mallet, maybe replace one or both hands with hooks and go Savage Melee... you've got options, is what I'm saying.)

I think I've mentioned this particular trick in this thread before, but I absolutely love Grin mask + Blast pattern + Volcanic (eyes) aura for things like this. Still shots really don't do justice to how unsettling it looks in motion, with the light burning in empty sockets and constantly flickering and warping and changing in intensity.

Bioluminescent is pretty gross/horrifying when colored in certain ways.

I tried to make the design colorful but without using especially bright versions of any given color except the red, to try to make his clothes look old/dirty/worn out.

murderclown.png

AndAlsoJeebies.costume 7.8 kB · 0 downloads

Did anyone run with this costume because it not, I may tweek it a little for my character Yuckster. Overdue for a re-roll and this is both yucky and funny! 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Attache on Everlasting (Formely Virtue and Pinnacle)

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter ||  Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

I could use some help with this guy. He is a telepath who specializes in creating illusions of one's worst fears (a Demon/ MM). All my toons are reformed or currently reforming villains and have a costume (this one) that is more personalized, and then another that is a little more generic and in keeping with the aesthetic of my RPSG. I just can't come up with a hero-y costume for him that still retains his look and themes. I've been toying around with something like Scarlet Witch's early MCU costumes that are more on the casual side but options feel limited for male characters. Any ideas would really help!

soothsayer.png

6 hours ago, Sovereigne said:

I could use some help with this guy. He is a telepath who specializes in creating illusions of one's worst fears (a Demon/ MM). All my toons are reformed or currently reforming villains and have a costume (this one) that is more personalized, and then another that is a little more generic and in keeping with the aesthetic of my RPSG. I just can't come up with a hero-y costume for him that still retains his look and themes. I've been toying around with something like Scarlet Witch's early MCU costumes that are more on the casual side but options feel limited for male characters. Any ideas would really help!

While there are plenty of villains who kept their villainous costumes when they became or at least temporarily spent time as heroes, if you are changing the costume to reflect their shift I would go with softening jagged lines, showing skin (face/hands), and brightening color while not wholly abandoning the darker elements of the original.

The following is meant to be suggestive of the approach rather than an end result. The Sinister costume options are swapped to generic Bodysuit, bands replace the glove options so the look of the forearms being wrapped is retained while leaving hands visible, a lighter central base color fades to darkened edges across the costume, and the Circle of Thorns shoulders get replaced with Barbarian Iron to indicate toughness without malign intent. The chest emblem is retained along with the belt as holdover elements from the original costume. An optional mask is shown if you prefer to keep a secret identity.

DeepFear.thumb.jpg.521f5e2b0024e23190e0accc950620ce.jpg    DeepFear2.thumb.jpg.5900fe7b77c2a69586f2996eac48c328.jpg

DeepFear.costume

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 4

On 11/10/2022 at 4:18 AM, Erratic1 said:

While there are plenty of villains who kept their villainous costumes when they became or at least temporarily spent time as heroes, if you are changing the costume to reflect their shift I would go with softening jagged lines, showing skin (face/hands), and brightening color while not wholly abandoning the darker elements of the original.

The following is meant to be suggestive of the approach rather than an end result. The Sinister costume options are swapped to generic Bodysuit, bands replace the glove options so the look of the forearms being wrapped is retained while leaving hands visible, a lighter central base color fades to darkened edges across the costume, and the Circle of Thorns shoulders get replaced with Barbarian Iron to indicate toughness without malign intent. The chest emblem is retained along with the belt as holdover elements from the original costume. An optional mask is shown if you prefer to keep a secret identity.

DeepFear.thumb.jpg.521f5e2b0024e23190e0accc950620ce.jpg    DeepFear2.thumb.jpg.5900fe7b77c2a69586f2996eac48c328.jpg

DeepFear.costume 6.75 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, this looks great! May toy around with the color scheme a bit but this is a fantastic starting point. Thanks so much.

• Thanks 1

I recently made an alt named Stained Glass who is a spines/stone brute with the spines and stone colored to look like, well, stained glass (or at least colored glass).  I have a decent costume for her already, but I'm looking for more ideas.  I basically want a character that looks like she's made of stained/colored glass.  I know that this is basically impossible given the current costume constraints, but I'd like to see what you guys can come up with.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I associate stained glass with church windows, which lead to the idea of a stained glass angel warrior. Then my mind went glass > prism > light > rainbow when I was trying to decide a color palette. Coloration has always been my weak point, so I just went with it instead of trying to figure out something more conventional. It would likely look better with a more cohesive color scheme, though.

Stained Glass face.png

Stained Glass.png

Stainedglass4.costume

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

While trying to get ideas for a costume I stumbled onto a comment posted by @Attache and it got me wondering what we could do for costumes that at least less humanoid. 

My plan would be to make a Seismic / Elec corruptor and aim for a small (using the mini particle costume thingie) creature, earth sprite thing. Kind of like a gremlin or goblin that's aspected towards earth. I'm pretty terrible with costume creation so I don't know how much of this is really doable. 

Attache's critter for reference. (Side note: It seems the detail #1 skull mask isn't available for female characters.) 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.5c8886154534a2dd6ff84ab8bb73b3ec.gif

Other references - image.jpeg.6f61170c4959e3da87c1714f54817ac4.jpeg Download Gremlins Group Colored Fan Art Wallpaper | Wallpapers.com

I would prefer it to be female if its possible. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, lokiie1984 said:

My plan would be to make a Seismic / Elec corruptor and aim for a small (using the mini particle costume thingie) creature, earth sprite thing. Kind of like a gremlin or goblin that's aspected towards earth.

I ran out of steam after the head, but here's my attempt anyway. Some earthy browns would probably work well for breaking up all the green.

Gremlin1.png.c275633c2fb8d72078bca1e90036fd3d.pngGremlin2.png.9adf30f59c32a78b69a82e59d7e5e89d.png

Gremlin4.png.452e3f13b3af0b28bc18bd2318adeb1a.pngGremlin3.costume

• Like 5

On 11/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, lokiie1984 said:

While trying to get ideas for a costume I stumbled onto a comment posted by @Attache and it got me wondering what we could do for costumes that at least less humanoid. 

My plan would be to make a Seismic / Elec corruptor and aim for a small (using the mini particle costume thingie) creature, earth sprite thing. Kind of like a gremlin or goblin that's aspected towards earth. I'm pretty terrible with costume creation so I don't know how much of this is really doable. 

Attache's critter for reference. (Side note: It seems the detail #1 skull mask isn't available for female characters.) 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.5c8886154534a2dd6ff84ab8bb73b3ec.gif

Other references - image.jpeg.6f61170c4959e3da87c1714f54817ac4.jpeg Download Gremlins Group Colored Fan Art Wallpaper | Wallpapers.com

I would prefer it to be female if its possible. 

I love making goblin-concepts. Though I do struggle making pure animal/beast-like figures with this creator...

Anywho. Maybe something like this? Using inspiration from the bottom-right picture and attempting to create a Mask using 2 pieces.

Head: Full Masks

Face: Reptillian

Detail 1: Reptile (the spikes on top)

Detail 2: Cyborg 1 (Try swapping with Death Goggles, Enforcer, or other accessories)

Detail 3: Mandible

Aura: Glow > Eyes

image.thumb.png.4b5816504912b0be6ec09c495768211e.png

• Like 2

Hello again you wonderful content creators. As always this thread has been an amazing resource for creativity and I was hoping to tap on it to help me turn one of my toons into a boss monster for some content I'm writing for my SG! My toon (files attached) is a cyborg ex syndicate working for Powers division. However my goal is to turn her into an evil almost terminator like character who ultimately my SG has to take down. if anyone has any ideas on how to roboticize my toon and get that terminator vibe, or generic killer cyborg. Please feel free to chime in!

mallory reference.png

glare 3.costume

8 hours ago, Thayn said:

Hello again you wonderful content creators. As always this thread has been an amazing resource for creativity and I was hoping to tap on it to help me turn one of my toons into a boss monster for some content I'm writing for my SG! My toon (files attached) is a cyborg ex syndicate working for Powers division. However my goal is to turn her into an evil almost terminator like character who ultimately my SG has to take down. if anyone has any ideas on how to roboticize my toon and get that terminator vibe, or generic killer cyborg. Please feel free to chime in!

I would lean more into the T-1000's earlier costume and colors (once it acquires clothing) with only hints of damage to facial flesh:

T1001.thumb.jpg.fe9fdb0ff347e7fc3bac51bd9cbdfa74.jpg

It is hard to see in the picture above but there are hints of metallic gray around the good eye while the more damaged eye shows more robotically:

T1001h.jpg.823517aea275e083b9ee96a529ad3d1f.jpg

Glare 6.costume

• Like 2

The editor couldn't load the jacket's settings, so its inner colors are wrong in the costume files I've posted. That's why I'm listing the changes I made so they can be applied manually if desired. I didn't alter much - it's less Terminator and more 'your evil robot doppelganger didn't have time to put on their fake skin before you busted down the door to their hideout'.

Glare1.png.fd4a6f1542146e4382f61f5595a97e9b.pngGlare2.png.7c9023c9e1cdd500a362b04b42965976.png

Head > Face > Skull Metal > Skull Metal (white or light grey for both colors). Keeping the scarred face works just as well if you don't want her to go full robot.

Detail 2 > None (or keeping Rebreather 6)

Chest > Clockwork

Belt > Labeaux (similar to Jewel, but accentuates clockwork-ness)

Legs > Clockwork

Glare3.png.13bd82d288df33fe6eed734feae27a8d.png

Glare4.png.e14944c2a6a478955cb06fb4b64a5abe.pngGlare6.png.6611ed2dc7b7549271db18743bcd6323.png

Head > Helmets > Praetoria Police (primary color white or light grey)

Other ideas I didn't implement:

Changing pieces of the shoulders/gloves/boots to either bulkier or skeletal mechanical-looking options. Keeping asymmetry would probably work. A bulky shoulder/glove combo overbalanced on one side for a arm cannon look, maybe?

Some form of sunglasses for the Schwarzenegger look

A palette swap for the evil version

Glare terminator.costumeGlare terminator1.costume

Edited by VeiledOwl
Pictures broke for some reason.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, brasilgringo said:

Bueller?  Bueller?

The cloak, glow, and shading here (sort of) brings it all together to make it seem more authentic and combat-ready. I've always imagined wearing something like this (tight pants/leggings) under robes - not even more loose fabric.

Colors: White, Off-White, Gold, Brown

Head

Face - Supernatural Face 12 - Icy blue eyes

Detail 2 - Beard Full

Hair - Ponytail

Robes

Robe: Terra Off-White

Sleeves: Warrior Off-White

Gloves: Tied Off-White

Chest: Medievil-Assassin with Gold & Off-White to give a tiny cosmetic flair under the neck.

Belt

Warrior: Basic

Legs: Tight Pant

(Upper) Pants-Starburst Off-White & White... this creates a slight shadow variation towards the crotch with bright white toward knees.

(Lower) Tight - White & brown - Drag in the white from upper legs. Brown for the shoes.

Aura: Glow - Off-White, Full Body

Glow vs No Glow

image.thumb.png.ecadd964d7645a469a2a1833f3de6c3d.png

image.png.a100c1852b9add4612b2040c9e0a6f2e.png

• Like 3