Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

On 3/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, TheOtherTed said:

What sort of dark?  Castlevania dark?  Batman rogues gallery dark?  Klingon opera singer dark?

Hmm. Well, maybe the costume in this post helps? I spent about 4-5 hours tinkering with it on and off and I finally like the way it looks. I’m looking for costumes that kind of follow this style, not identical. 

3A635479-A225-42E1-85CD-A4EA9C63C3FF.jpeg

On 3/11/2020 at 10:23 AM, Dynastyjay said:

Hmm. Well, maybe the costume in this post helps? I spent about 4-5 hours tinkering with it on and off and I finally like the way it looks. I’m looking for costumes that kind of follow this style, not identical. 

Ok, here's my first pass - a rough "stealth suit" theme for your character.  Fair warning, I'm not great at complexity, nor do I usually do auras.  Also, I didn't do anything with the scales - just used default height and build.  Hopefully, though, this will jog the creativity of other folks who "jive" better with the costume you've posted.  In particular, I tried to get a "civilian" costume together, using either a trenchcoat or the Baron or Victorian jackets, but just couldn't quite make it work.

Anyway, pics and costume file follow:

DarkityDarkGuy2.thumb.png.ff01d55433aa2af335381b4f1c37249d.pngDarkityDarkGuy1.thumb.png.30715ef813fdc99ca0c3a0031a2d5501.png

DarkityDarkStealth.costume

Edited by TheOtherTed

Hi all,

Is there an NPC costume reference list anywhere?

I'm trying to create a Rogue Isles Police Officer or a PPD Officer running around in the Isles.

I can find these lists of their looks:

RIP: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_Island_Police

PPD: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Paragon_Police_Department

But I can't seem to pick the proper color scheme, get a cap with the symbol on it, recreate the PPD shirt... and I'm SURE it is possible. 

The "Officer" costume set looks nothing like them at all. I'm struggling with upper body and colors. I know it's probably the most basic and non-creative request on here, but if anyone can point me to a link or something saying which combination of costume pieces any of the lower level officers wear, it'd be great.

I hope to change the costume as the character levels up so that it reflects his in-character promotions. 

17 hours ago, Touch said:

Hi all,

Is there an NPC costume reference list anywhere?

I'm trying to create a Rogue Isles Police Officer or a PPD Officer running around in the Isles.

I can find these lists of their looks:

RIP: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_Island_Police

PPD: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Paragon_Police_Department

But I can't seem to pick the proper color scheme, get a cap with the symbol on it, recreate the PPD shirt... and I'm SURE it is possible. 

The "Officer" costume set looks nothing like them at all. I'm struggling with upper body and colors. I know it's probably the most basic and non-creative request on here, but if anyone can point me to a link or something saying which combination of costume pieces any of the lower level officers wear, it'd be great.

I hope to change the costume as the character levels up so that it reflects his in-character promotions. 

They look like they are using the images from the Paragon Wiki, which looked a bit washed out.

You can always visit Null the Gull in Pocket D with a high level hero, swap them the Vigilante and just cruise around the Rogue Isles snapping your own pics of the R.I.P. and PPD.

Or head over to AE and create a mission with them in it.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

9 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You can always visit Null the Gull in Pocket D with a high level hero, swap them the Vigilante and just cruise around the Rogue Isles snapping your own pics of the R.I.P. and PPD.

Or head over to AE and create a mission with them in it.

Or, if you don't want to do that - create a high level villain on the Beta server.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

35 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Female dresses/flowing robes options are pretty dismal, I'm trying to do something along those lines:

There aren't many options with flowing components.  Try the 'bolero' torso option, and the wedding hairstyle.  Cheers!

Looking for a costume for a Rad/Rad brute. Starting in Pretoria. I'd like to use the huge model. Looking for something like a containment suit. No skin peaking out. Covered head to toe. If you don't or can't use huge then maxed out male will do.  Thanks for any help. I've come up with a few looks and nothing is satisfying. 

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Started a new blueside alt today: The Competitor, a WP/StJ tank. The idea was that he's an Olympic athlete who was experimented on and became superhumanly strong/fast/durable. When making his costume, I really wanted to include all the colours of the Olympic Rings - red, blue, yellow, green and black - but I can't really make them work in a way that's satisfying to me. If anyone else would like to take a stab at it, it'd be appreciated!
I originally made him with the classic kind of Golden Age spandex look in mind, so you can continue down that road if you like, but I don't mind people making him look more contemporary!

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

On 3/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, PoitVok said:

Hey all. You have me inspiration for a seer/Hami costume, now I ask for your help once more.

This time, all I have is a name....Hypebeast. 

Powerset is likely savage/energy.

I have faith in all of you. :3

Here's a simple one to start you off.

image.thumb.png.9cf03b4425146d76cef0419847a44e4d.png

hype.costume

• Like 2

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

On 3/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Fista said:

Looking for a costume for a Rad/Rad brute. Starting in Pretoria. I'd like to use the huge model. Looking for something like a containment suit. No skin peaking out. Covered head to toe. If you don't or can't use huge then maxed out male will do.  Thanks for any help. I've come up with a few looks and nothing is satisfying. 

Prolly different from your original mental picture, but this feels like it captures the essence of what you're looking for.

image.thumb.png.b1f572a5c8b405838ee774ef91ec3b5c.png

radrad.costume

• Like 2

@Cutter

On 3/29/2020 at 7:44 PM, Dreamboat said:

Started a new blueside alt today: The Competitor, a WP/StJ tank. The idea was that he's an Olympic athlete who was experimented on and became superhumanly strong/fast/durable. When making his costume, I really wanted to include all the colours of the Olympic Rings - red, blue, yellow, green and black - but I can't really make them work in a way that's satisfying to me. If anyone else would like to take a stab at it, it'd be appreciated!
I originally made him with the classic kind of Golden Age spandex look in mind, so you can continue down that road if you like, but I don't mind people making him look more contemporary!

Trying to get all those colours in is awkward... I kinda totally cheated on the green 🙂

image.thumb.png.4bc170a020457b50596bab32a32a97d2.png

comp.costume

• Thanks 1

@Cutter

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Trying to get all those colours in is awkward...

You ain't lyin'!
(Also, I was going for Sports gloves/boots as well. Great minds...)

Edited by Dreamboat
  • Like 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

4 hours ago, Cutter said:

Prolly different from your original mental picture, but this feels like it captures the essence of what you're looking for.

image.thumb.png.b1f572a5c8b405838ee774ef91ec3b5c.png

radrad.costume 6.57 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:28 PM, Jawbreaker said:

Simple one, the 50/50 pattern for chests and lower body. We have it for faces, never understood why it wasn't implemented for the other two

You actually want this thread...

🙂

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, Cutter said:
On 3/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, PoitVok said:

Hey all. You have me inspiration for a seer/Hami costume, now I ask for your help once more.

This time, all I have is a name....Hypebeast. 

Powerset is likely savage/energy.

I have faith in all of you. :3

Here's a simple one to start you off.

image.thumb.png.9cf03b4425146d76cef0419847a44e4d.png

hype.costume 7.07 kB · 0 downloads

Nice.

I just couldn't come up with a concept for @PoitVoks request. I hope they like it or at least get inspiration from it.

• Like 1