Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Does anyone have a nice costume for a fairy character?  I don't like the look of the fairy pets.  😞  I want to make a fire or water and nature character with fairy wings but I can't find a design I like so much.  I like the Disney fairies like Tinkerbell but don't want to copy it directly.  Thanks for the help!

Edited by MaidenJustice

Do you have any other references you'd like to base it off of @MaidenJustice?

I was searching around and since I happen to like more the modern-sci fi designs. I found some below that we could base it off of.

9e05ffa760f7f737a4f915a72818ec8e.jpg3bbc15bc30f1930728d3648196d22ebf.jpg

Thoughts?

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

Could use some refinement in color hue maybe but they do compliment the powerset without having to change the color of the powers.

Defender - Nature/Water

8kO0KiB.png or 8Y9URPh.png

TechFey.costume

Fey.costume

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

On 3/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, PoitVok said:

Hey all. You have me inspiration for a seer/Hami costume, now I ask for your help once more.

This time, all I have is a name....Hypebeast. 

Powerset is likely savage/energy.

I have faith in all of you. :3

Hami as in Hamidon? Then Seer like a caster and melee scrapper, brute or stalker?

Can definitely come up with something, but, just need to know this to help refine it.

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

Here is my attempt.  I hope you like it!

Nice Bio! I completely forgot about the ears!

Edited by Xoza
  • Thanks 1

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

3 hours ago, Xoza said:

9e05ffa760f7f737a4f915a72818ec8e.jpg

Thoughts?

I like those reference pics! I think dual blade has an energy blade like the above, or maybe go with Psi Melee. I'd love to get wings similar to the above!

A quick pass at it, I may see if dual blades has the energy blades I remember. 

Celestial Armor gloves are too large to fit even though they are thematically very similar to the refernce pic

image.thumb.png.5f860b845d07b46e66e83f07e30e8c5e.png

• Like 1

I have a rad/sonic character. So far he is a arcane skeleton with wings but it doesn't match the science origin and honestly fits better in the magic origin, so that cosumte is going to a magic alt.

Alright with that out of the way for my ad/sonic character, he gets his powers from cosmic radiation kind of like the power cosmic in marvel think Galactus, Silver Surfer or the eternals unlike them, my character gets it in a accident. I want him tall and athletic with a badass high tech containment suit that supresses his powers but when he removes his suit , his full power is revealed (he is made of pure cosmic radiation). For colors mainly black. His armor has a glowing effect from the radiation kind of like this:

glowing armor.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkWing said:

Alright with that out of the way for my ad/sonic character, he gets his powers from cosmic radiation kind of like the power cosmic in marvel think Galactus, Silver Surfer or the eternals unlike them, my character gets it in a accident. I want him tall and athletic with a badass high tech containment suit that supresses his powers but when he removes his suit , his full power is revealed (he is made of pure cosmic radiation). For colors mainly black. His armor has a glowing effect from the radiation

Here's a quick costume I put together.  I hope it's at least a starting point you can work from:

surger sentinel 2.jpg

surger sentinel.jpg

surger sentinel.costume

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkWing said:

Alright with that out of the way for my ad/sonic character, he gets his powers from cosmic radiation kind of like the power cosmic in marvel think Galactus, Silver Surfer or the eternals unlike them, my character gets it in a accident. I want him tall and athletic with a badass high tech containment suit that supresses his powers but when he removes his suit , his full power is revealed (he is made of pure cosmic radiation). For colors mainly black. His armor has a glowing effect from the radiation

Here is a slightly different take on your concept:

surge sentinel 4.jpg

surge sentinel 3.jpg

surge sentinel 2.costume

• Like 1

So I'm here with another request. I would like to fall in love with my Beam Rifle/Time Blaster again. xD

The theme I've got for him is he was a former member of the Praetorian Police force, and an avid tinkerer who was promoted to powers division after inventing a non-lethal beam rifle and a "temporal displacer" for his time powers. I have him on heroside now, level 35, Technology origin, and I just can't get a good look like I do with my other toons.

I'm looking for a good "protector" kind of costume, if that makes sense. Something that would inspire a normal citizen, since that's kind of his whole schtick. I'm roleplaying him as having a difficult time reconciling his desire for peace and safety with the fact that his former dimension of Praetoria was basically an authoritarian dictatorship. If you need more info, I can gladly provide.

This is his current costume, and it's not bad to me, but I'm struggling to come up with additional looks.

595015616_ShatterPoint.png.62c8b8acae20c5b481cf9e8422557015.png

Thanks again in advance!

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:27 AM, GastlyGibus said:

I'm looking for a good "protector" kind of costume

So I took some aspects of previous costumes I've used and incorporated your description of the character, to come up with this:

*Note - The 1st version of the costume has a backpack instead of the cape, but I decided the cape looked more heroic...

chrono-soldier 1.png

chrono-soldier 2.costume chrono-soldier 1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, biostem said:

So I took some aspects of previous costumes I've used and incorporated your description of the character, to come up with this...

I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!

I took the costume and made a few little modifications of my own, and this is the final look.
1967908717_StalwartVow.jpg.4c012e335a241c662305ded8b2920a42.jpg
1161767105_StalwartVow2.jpg.d00bd6fb00d8d4c241616de4055351bc.jpg

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:02 PM, Xoza said:

Do you have any other references you'd like to base it off of @MaidenJustice?

I was searching around and since I happen to like more the modern-sci fi designs. I found some below that we could base it off of.

9e05ffa760f7f737a4f915a72818ec8e.jpg3bbc15bc30f1930728d3648196d22ebf.jpg

Thoughts?

I really like the pink one very much!  Thanks!  Thanks @Xoza and @biostem for the costumes.  I will use them both!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, DarkWing said:

I have a rad/sonic character. So far he is a arcane skeleton with wings but it doesn't match the science origin and honestly fits better in the magic origin, so that cosumte is going to a magic alt.

Alright with that out of the way for my ad/sonic character, he gets his powers from cosmic radiation kind of like the power cosmic in marvel think Galactus, Silver Surfer or the eternals unlike them, my character gets it in a accident. I want him tall and athletic with a badass high tech containment suit that supresses his powers but when he removes his suit , his full power is revealed (he is made of pure cosmic radiation). For colors mainly black. His armor has a glowing effect from the radiation kind of like this:

glowing armor.jpeg

I'm not very familiar with the male costumes on CoX, but I just HAD to take a crack at this one.  Unfortunately, there's only so much that one can do without the availability of tri-colored costume pieces.  This is what I came up with.  Let me know what you think!

cosmicradmaleback.png

cosmicradmalefront.png

CosmicRadMale.costume

• Like 3

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:41 AM, MaidenJustice said:

Does anyone have a nice costume for a fairy character?  I don't like the look of the fairy pets.  😞  I want to make a fire or water and nature character with fairy wings but I can't find a design I like so much.  I like the Disney fairies like Tinkerbell but don't want to copy it directly.  Thanks for the help!

I took a stab at this one, too.  This is based on a design for a character that I had on live.  The skirt and belt combo is supposed to look kind-of like a rosebud.  I used the witch top to look like leaves and vines.  I wasn't really sure what to do with the gloves or boots, so I just went with bare hands and feet.

rosebudfairy.png

rosebudfairy.costume

• Like 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Anyone ever take a stab at making an updated version of Hero One's costume?  I am trying to incorporate the Union Jack (which I really wish we had in game!) into the chest piece somehow but cannot seem to get it right.  I think I can manage something like this with the pattern and chest pieces, but wanted to keep the cape and helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any suggestions?

Edited by ShardWarrior

21 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Thanks but I was not looking to make a version of Captain Britain or Union Jack - more of how to incorporate the Union Jack into an updated look for Hero One.  His costume - other than the cape (which I wish we could have) -  is a bit bland to me.

spacer.png

He's Hero One!

He does not need a flashy costume.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.