Patch Notes for September 10th, 2019

Leandro

On 9/15/2019 at 8:19 PM, QuiJon said:

This is why I have vocally been cirtical of the change. The only real thing the change accomplishes is not to make the raid more difficult, but to at some point block people from being able to take part because not enough people come in for a raid to actually do it for another new instance that formed. 

I've already seen this happen.  Twice.

I'm only on this game two or three days a week because of RL issues.  Having my ability to raid cut off simply because the overflow league is no longer a thing in any meaningful way is NOT fun.  People who think this change is positive, simply haven't been screwed by it yet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

I've already seen this happen.  Twice.

I'm only on this game two or three days a week because of RL issues.  Having my ability to raid cut off simply because the overflow league is no longer a thing in any meaningful way is NOT fun.  People who think this change is positive, simply haven't been screwed by it yet.

Yes, yes I have.  It may not be "fun," but it's completely and utterly necessary.  Sorry.  There's absolutely nothing preventing you from forming and running your own Hamidon raid.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yes, yes I have.  It may not be "fun," but it's completely and utterly necessary.  Sorry.  There's absolutely nothing preventing you from forming and running your own Hamidon raid.

You mean besides lack of organizational skill, social anxieties, the extra time investment involved in forming as opposed to joining any group, the fact that most people are not leaders in any way shape or form ... 

Give your head a shake.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

You mean besides lack of organizational skill, social anxieties, the extra time investment involved in forming as opposed to joining any group, the fact that most people are not leaders in any way shape or form ... 

Give your head a shake.

Those, to be frank, are excuses.  You just don't want to do it.  I'm a loner IRL with little organizational skill, and yet I lead Hamidon raid teams for years, and have lead (and continue to lead) Rikti mothership raids for years.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine.  I understand.  I didn't exactly want to lead raids before either.  But there comes a point where if you want something bad enough, you either have to step up and take the reigns, or step aside.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Those, to be frank, are excuses.  You just don't want to do it.  I'm a loner IRL with little organizational skill, and yet I lead Hamidon raid teams for years, and have lead (and continue to lead) Rikti mothership raids for years.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine.  I understand.  I didn't exactly want to lead raids before either.  But there comes a point where if you want something bad enough, you either have to step up and take the reigns, or step aside.

Only someone who has never dealt with legit mental health issues can possibly make that bullshit claim.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• City Council
1 minute ago, The Philotic Knight said:

How about we all focus on the game changes, instead of each other?

I'm a GM, and I endorse this message.

• Like 4
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Even ignoring the legitimate responses of the poster who replied to this originally, the lack of willing and available players is absolutely preventing someone from forming and running their own raid. More likely than not if you try to start something in Hive 2, you won't have enough people to get rolling until Hive 1 finishes their raid(s) and then people start to stream in from there to keep the train going. Sure, you could do a raid with 8 people, or 20 people, or whatever, and it's been done before, but what's the point? You'd get 100, maybe 150 people a night jumping into the zone because of the quick rewards, and now that those are gone you're getting half that - but still enough that there are people willing and able to help with the raid that can't because the cap doesn't let them. Revisiting the cap to be something closer to, say, 75? That seems like a reasonable compromise.

• Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Even ignoring the legitimate responses of the poster who replied to this originally, the lack of willing and available players is absolutely preventing someone from forming and running their own raid. More likely than not if you try to start something in Hive 2, you won't have enough people to get rolling until Hive 1 finishes their raid(s) and then people start to stream in from there to keep the train going. Sure, you could do a raid with 8 people, or 20 people, or whatever, and it's been done before, but what's the point? You'd get 100, maybe 150 people a night jumping into the zone because of the quick rewards, and now that those are gone you're getting half that - but still enough that there are people willing and able to help with the raid that can't because the cap doesn't let them. Revisiting the cap to be something closer to, say, 75? That seems like a reasonable compromise.

I lead Rikti mothership raids on Excelsior concurrently with the Hamidon raid last Thursday, and there was no issue with getting enough raiders to fill the Rikti War Zone the same time as Hamidon, the vast majority of which were level 50.  That's one night of the week.  So they're definitely available.  Now willing, I grant you may be an issue.  But even then, I didn't mean to imply run a second Hamidon raid concurrently with the first.  There are other times of the day to give it a try.  A Sunday afternoon or something.

Sure, you could raise the zone cap to 75.  But then what happens when player #76 wants in?  Raise it to 100?  Then what happens when player #101 wants in?  You're right back where you started.

• Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, Rathulfr said:

I play a level 50+3 Energy/Temporal Blaster as my main, and this has not been my experience.  All of my attacks appear to animate properly, except for the occasional Power Burst, when my body doesn't move so it looks like it's bursting out of my crotch.  Personally, I find this off-putting.  Hilarious, yes, but off-putting, as well.  But it doesn't happen every time.

What animations are you using? I have all mine set to the original style except for the snipe. The snipe is the alt version. Using quick snipe causes the rest of my animations use the alt set.

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

I lead Rikti mothership raids on Excelsior concurrently with the Hamidon raid last Thursday, and there was no issue with getting enough raiders to fill the Rikti War Zone the same time as Hamidon, the vast majority of which were level 50.  That's one night of the week.  So they're definitely available.  Now willing, I grant you may be an issue.  But even then, I didn't mean to imply run a second Hamidon raid concurrently with the first.  There are other times of the day to give it a try.  A Sunday afternoon or something.

Sure, you could raise the zone cap to 75.  But then what happens when player #76 wants in?  Raise it to 100?  Then what happens when player #101 wants in?  You're right back where you started.

Slippery slope argument doesn't hold much water here. Just based on the number of people I've seen in the second instance of the Hive by the time the raid is supposed to start in the first instance (don't think it's been more than 20 or so), I'd say that 75 would be more than adequate. Realistically, if it were possible to remove the cap but make the difficulty scale up proportional to the number of players in the zone, that might be better, but let's look at this realistically - the reason Hami raids drew so many people in was because it was an easy way to make a solid chunk of merits with little effort. At this point the people that are trying to get into the zone are more likely to be people who are actually interested in doing the raid rather than sitting around waiting for a rewards window, and the 10-20 people that aren't able to get in because they didn't show up 30-40 minutes early are kind of getting the short end of the stick.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 9/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, QuiJon said:

Please tell me how? Hamidon so long as you get enough tanks can be taken down pretty easily. The zone cap doesn't make it harder or more likely to fail the encounter. It adds a bit of time for sure, but not a lot.

So the only issue is did it add enough time, because making it take longer was *THE* entire point.  Hamidon still may not conform to the target 'time vs reward' metric but now it's closer than it used to be.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

11 hours ago, swordchucks said:

MSR remains the zone that's annoying to coordinate.  The trial version will fix a lot of aspects of that, though that's a big undertaking to get into the game.

One would think so, but this is already being tested.  I guess it was under development for a while already.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:35 AM, Rathulfr said:

I play a level 50+3 Energy/Temporal Blaster as my main, and this has not been my experience.  All of my attacks appear to animate properly, except for the occasional Power Burst, when my body doesn't move so it looks like it's bursting out of my crotch.  Personally, I find this off-putting.  Hilarious, yes, but off-putting, as well.  But it doesn't happen every time.

Think how your targets feel!...

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

8 hours ago, Cieron said:

What animations are you using? I have all mine set to the original style except for the snipe. The snipe is the alt version. Using quick snipe causes the rest of my animations use the alt set.

I use all of the original animations.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 9/10/2019 at 4:02 PM, Foxfyre said:

IO's contribute to toons OP'ness far more than Incarnates, IMO.

True but I dont think the game has the ability to remove IO buffs in a zone...where "incarnate powers dont work in x content" is already an established feature at least to some extent. 

That being said since we're already running Hami raids where you kill one set of mitos them zerg him to defeat even with the cap back to 50, I dont think its that big of a deal, really. 

What is the most current build? When I open Island Rum, build 082220192, it downloads an update but when it gets to 100% it goes to Creating Holding Area and nothing happens. Is there a link to a more current build that I need or can download? Also, to play I have to reset the path EVERY time. I must be doing something wrong but at least I can get in the game.

My game controller still does not work correctly, nor can I remap the d-pad (which is where is the issues lies).  This has been the case since the launch of the 64 bit client and the introduction of the option to select a controller.  There was no issue prior to the 64 bit launch and there is no option on the Safe Mode selection, so for now I will still need to use the safe mode.