Patch Notes for September 10th, 2019

Leandro

30 minutes ago, Profit said:

Yes because the mechanics are so hard. Oh please help me with the Hami.

This is not a curse. This is how it should be, and quite frankly the reduction of leechers to the raids are a good thing. You can run a raid yourself you know, there is no 'in-group' of people leading hamis. There is only people willing to lead hamis. But just because your not willing to lead, don't try to claim some vicious elitist motive to who leads the Hami raid because your unwilling.

but oh the Hami mechanics are so hard. Get out of here. 

For anyone unfamiliar with the hami mechanics, here's a guide

Good job nothing quite like seeing someone who can't see further than their nose try to be the navigator for everyone.

The problem I was referring to is you will simply have the zone fill up with free loaders and griefers. No this is not speculation, it did happen on live and with some frequency.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I have to admit I've been profiting offf of the Hamidon raids on Indom recentlly. But it's become madness. With well over 100 supes the past couple of nights, the hami dies in about 30 seconds. And there's been growing ire for people that just "join the league" and then just sit on the rock and don't participate in hunting GMs or looking for/killing buds: which has now become the lengthiest part of the raid since only about 1/3rd of the people are doing that job. Some people have even voiced verbally in bcast "I don't feel like killing GMs. I'll still take the merits though. Thank you."  

And when you threaten to bounce them if they don't help you get the inevitable "Oh you're going to ban me from the zone?! I don' think so chief! I get the merits whether I'm in your league or not."

It's time to get people off of the free merit train. The RWZ raid will also be more challenging again.

Killing the Hami in a massive onslaught was cool endeavor, but I applaud the fix!

• Like 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

9/10 Patch Issue: Steam Controller

Steam Controller not fully Recognized when running

Homecoming/ Homecoming (64-Bit)

Steam Controller was fully recognized prior to 8/22, 8/23, 8/27, 9/10 Patch

Currently

Homecoming (Safe Mode)

fully recognized the Steam Controller.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leandro said:

Tasks

• Added a very obvious waypoint to Laura Lockhart's body in the mission "Defend the UNSF Base".

So I wasn't the only one who got stuck on this mission for a while trying to figure out what the heck to do?  Thanks for the fix!

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, eknudson said:

So I wasn't the only one who got stuck on this mission for a while trying to figure out what the heck to do?  Thanks for the fix!

No. No you weren't.  Not by a great big huge country mile.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

17 minutes ago, TheAdjustor said:

The problem I was referring to is you will simply have the zone fill up with free loaders and griefers. No this is not speculation, it did happen on live and with some frequency.

Obviously you've never lead a raid. It's cool, I've been leading them since issue 5. I'm well versed in both versions of hami raid. The problem you speak of, isn't a problem. People who actively want to raid will generally show up early. Sure, freeloaders and griefers show up, and go AFK on the rock. You make it sound like there are no options, you can bring the wall to the rock killing them, you can spawn hami and hami blast them into nothing. You don't have to invite them to a league. Everyone that wants to actively raid can literally spawn hami, and leave for the abyss. Freeloaders and griefers as a rule have a hard time actually raiding hami.

• Like 4

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

4 minutes ago, Profit said:

Obviously you've never lead a raid. It's cool, I've been leading them since issue 5. I'm well versed in both versions of hami raid. The problem you speak of, isn't a problem. People who actively want to raid will generally show up early. Sure, freeloaders and griefers show up, and go AFK on the rock. You make it sound like there are no options, you can bring the wall to the rock killing them, you can spawn hami and hami blast them into nothing. You don't have to invite them to a league. Everyone that wants to actively raid can literally spawn hami, and leave for the abyss. Freeloaders and griefers as a rule have a hard time actually raiding hami.

You do love to make assumptions. I suppose it's just the tenor of the times. All people have to do, to grief is come in the zone and stay. That means people that want to participate can't get in and those that are have a much more difficult time. Which lets face it is the goal of griefing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shadeknight said:

So what was the point of the Hive/Abyss change besides a big middle-finger to the people running Hamidon?

The point is that entitled hipster leechers who don't do anything at the raid shouldn't be there. Will they still show up? Probably. Will the people who actually bother to lead the raids learn their names quickly, not invite them to league, move the raid to the abyss and not tell the leechers? You bet all these things will happen.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

4 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

So what was the point of the Hive/Abyss change besides a big middle-finger to the people running Hamidon?

I think it was likely server problems from load issues. Just a guess I try not to pretend to greater knowledge than I have. If the developers wanted to reinstate raid mechanics there's lots of ways to do that without doing this. If they felt the raid was being abused all that was needed to put hard diminishing returns on the raid. 1 reward every 20 hours would have done it.

Edited by TheAdjustor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Profit said:

The point is that entitled hipster leechers who don't do anything at the raid shouldn't be there. Will they still show up? Probably. Will the people who actually bother to lead the raids learn their names quickly, not invite them to league, move the raid to the abyss and not tell the leechers? You bet all these things will happen.

The zone cap being dropped to 50 will make Hamidon useless to run. A dedicated leecher will just follow the raid to the Abyss.

Sure, it forces one to do all three mito phases "right" but this screams "NO FUN ALLOWED." to the maximum degree.

• Like 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

4 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Like, I've been on your raids, so I want you to understand that I'm not knocking you, but because I've been on them, I think we both know just how bad Hammy can get warcrime-d when there's twice the number of people meant for the raid actually fighting the thing.  Outside of what it's going to do scheduling-wise, I don't think it's gonna hurt performance as bad as some people think, honestly (the runs at least seem coordinated enough that I suspect things can still go evacless pretty easily).

Granted, as I myself posted, too, it is indeed gonna be a nightmare for scheduling (which might have been what you meant?) when people who are eager to get their Hammy rewards are gonna flood the zone an hour early now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

The zone cap being dropped to 50 will make Hamidon useless to run.

How will it make hami useless to run? The longest part of hami is spawning him. You only clear two waves of mitos btw, the third you dps through. It literally takes about 15 minutes from the moment hami is spawned. That's 15 minutes for 80 merits. Useless?????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The 2-3 full groups did nothing harmful to the server. Everlasting had no lag, no crashes when Hive/Abyss allowed for 100+ people in it. So this has no reasoning behind it other than no fun allowed.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

4 minutes ago, Leandro said:

@ILIWAPCT Nobody on the dev team has a Steam controller. My best guess after a web search is that it's not being detected as an xinput device because the controller is on desktop mode. But since we can't reproduce the problem it will be rather difficult to fix without more information.

Thank You for the Update. 

Safe Mode has no problem recognizing the Steam Controller as did the standard HomeComing Instances prior to 8/22 patch. If the dev team ever gets a Steam Controller here's a link to the video that helped me set it up 

Please don't remove the Safe Mode option. If you have to, consider re-naming it the "Steam Controller" option. It's nice to have a mouse integrated into your joystick. Once you try it you'll wonder how you ever used other joysticks before. 

Look - I like reward merits, emp merits - all that stuff. But, I think if we look at the hamidon raid as it was "intended"...the original dev team never imagined that 4 leagues would just bum rush hamidon and win easily. It was never part of the thought process. 

50 was the old cap, and now we have to adjust. If it were 100, really nothing would change, other than less lag. The lag was not the primary issue the HC team was addressing with this change. They simply fixed a mistake they made back in May. No more, no less. 

We basically got to take advantage of it for a few months. As for RWZ, that I could see being upped to 100, due to the multiple TF's that take off from that zone, and other contacts that are being utilized. 

• City Council
20 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

The caps not being 50 was an unintentional error on our part that happened when we moved to OVH. All we did was correct a mistake.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

6 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

The 2-3 full groups did nothing harmful to the server. Everlasting had no lag, no crashes when Hive/Abyss allowed for 100+ people in it. So this has no reasoning behind it other than no fun allowed.

Excelsior had 150+ people a night, and believe me, there was tons of lag.  It was so bad that I stopped going over a month ago.  Besides that, it was pretty danged clear that Hamidon raids were completely and utterly broken.  Now Hamidon raids will be slightly challenging again and people get to relearn the raid mechanics.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You only need about 60 supers to run the zerg/hamikaze. 1 full league still might even be able to do it if it's full of DPS machines.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

46 minutes ago, TheAdjustor said:

Good job nothing quite like seeing someone who can't see further than their nose try to be the navigator for everyone.

And you know what happens when they do this?  You surreptitiously organize with the people who AREN'T griefers and move to The Hive 2 real quick and lock them out.  There's usually always a way AROUND a problem without having to break through it.
Or you just cancel the raid.  After cancelling the raid a couple times because of the griefers, the griefers will start finding that their teaming options will become limited as more and more people despise them.

Peer pressure works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Foxfyre said:

And you know what happens when they do this?  You surreptitiously organize with the people who AREN'T griefers and move to The Hive 2 real quick and lock them out.  There's usually always a way AROUND a problem without having to break through it.
Or you just cancel the raid.  After cancelling the raid a couple times because of the griefers, the griefers will start finding that their teaming options will become limited as more and more people despise them.

Peer pressure works.

Griefers don't care if you cancel the raid. That's their goal.

With that said your first suggestion is more realistic. Simply don't make the raids public anywhere. Done.

• Like 1