Homecoming Servers Code of Conduct
Last updated May 29th 2019
The Homecoming Team aims to maintain a clean, welcoming, and fun environment where everyone is able to enjoy the game. In order to achieve this, we require that all players agree to this Code of Conduct.
These guidelines must be followed in-game, on our forum, and on our Discord.
There are three overarching ground rules that must be followed at all times:
- Anything an Administrator, GameMaster or Community Rep says overrides anything else in this document - if they give you an instruction, please follow it.
- Don’t try to do anything you couldn’t get away with on the live servers.
- Enforcement of these rules is based on intent. If we deem that it is your intent to be breaking the rules and causing trouble, then that will be cause for action. If you unintentionally break these rules we will be far more lenient.
Staff can be identified in-game by the underscore in their name (for example: GM_Jimmy or CR_Miss).
- This is the internet, and there are some unsavoury characters about. Do not under any circumstances share any of your own personal information, or the personal information of another user.
- Never share your password with anyone. No member of staff will ever ask you for your password (we will, on occasion, need to ask you for your login name (or ‘auth name’) for troubleshooting or granting prizes.
Help us help you:
- If you encounter a negative person please block or ignore them; do not escalate the situation by engaging them yourselves. If their behaviour continues, please report them (see ‘Violations and Consequences’ below).
- If you have a bug to report, please post in our bug forum.
- If you have server instability or connection issues to report, please use the #report-server-issues-here channel on our Discord.
- If you have general feedback or a suggestion, please post in the Suggestions & Feedback forum.
- If you require in-game assistance, please submit a ticket to our support site.
Spread the love:
- If you see another user asking for help and you have the ability to help them, please do so!
- Encourage and uplift each-other. Compliment each-others costumes.
- Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.
- Do not abuse or harass others
- This includes players, Homecoming staff, and players or staff from other communities
- If someone wants you to leave them alone, you must leave them alone
- Obey the content guidelines (see below) at all times
- This includes messages and actions in-game, on the forum and on Discord
- Do not spam
- Do not impersonate others
- This includes Homecoming staff, players, and other prominent members of the wider City of Heroes community
- Do not attempt to bypass the profanity filter
- For example: By replacing letters with numbers to allow a word to pass through the filter, or naming your pets something vulgar
- Do not cheat or abuse exploits
- If you find an exploit please report it to a member of staff immediately
- Do not engage in real-world trading
- For example, do not attempt to exchange real money for in-game services
- Obey the multiboxing policy (see below)
The following is considered prohibited content:
- Anything illegal:
- This includes anything related to gambling, child pornography, terrorism, controlled substances, and any real world criminal activity (yes, we know City of Villains exists)
- Hate speech:
- Hate speech is defined as anything threatening or abusive towards a specific group based on their race, religious beliefs, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Controversial and adult content, including:
- Sexual, provocative, pornographic, or adult content
- Violent content
- Controversial religious content
- Anything involving controversial real-world individuals or organisations
- Anything involving sensitive events, both current and historical
These content guidelines apply to anything you can create or share in-game, on our forum, or on our Discord. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Character names, descriptions, and costumes
- Chat messages on any channel in-game
- This includes private channels, such as team or supergroup chat - we generally do not proactively monitor these channels, but if we receive a complaint, you will be liable for anything you have said
- The guidelines will be strictly enforced on server-wide channels
- The guidelines are relaxed in private chats which are only accessible to consenting parties (such as /tells)
- Messages posted on Discord or on our forum
- Pet names
- Supergroup names and bases
- Architect missions and any content they contain
- Anything else another player can see or experience
We allow a basic level of multiboxing on the Homecoming servers outside of peak times. These rules apply on a shard-by-shard basis (by ‘shard’ we mean Torchbearer, Excelsior, etc).
- If there are less than 1500 people logged in to a shard you may play with up to three accounts at once.
- If there are more than 1500 people logged into a shard you may only play with a single account.
- If you are caught multiboxing when there are between 1500 and 1600 players logged in, you will be warned and expected to log off immediately. If you ignore requests to do so your accounts will receive a 24h ban.
- If you are caught multiboxing repeatedly with more than 1600 players logged in, all of your accounts will receive immediate permanent bans.
Please note that this policy does not apply to groups of players simply playing from the same home/network. It only applies to individuals playing multiple accounts on their own.
Violations & Consequences
A violation of this Code of Conduct may result in any of the following actions:
- The removal of your character’s name, costume, or description
- Deletion of your character, supergroup, or Architect mission
- Restrictions placed on your ability to communicate (eg: a chat ban)
- Temporary or permanent suspension from our servers