Lost connection to mapserver

Islander

I've got this error message off and on for a few days, "Lost connection to mapserver". When it happens, my character is jerked back to the position it was ten seconds ago or so. For example, it just happened several times (around 11:25 CET).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a server problem or a network problem?

I'm playing from Europe.

• Retired Game Master

Network problem.  It means the client isn't able to talk to our servers anymore.  "Rubberbanding" (character moves forward, then snaps back to prior spot) is a symptom.

• If you're using Wi-Fi, you may have a weak signal, see if the problem continues on Ethernet where you're playing (find a network cable and plug in.)
  • Do a speedtest when it happens.  If your network speed is beneath 1MB, you may have issues running multiple network apps and City of Heroes at once.  Also, Latency: if your latency to the Internet is unusually high (800-1000ms or longer) even with high speeds, you might have issues playing the game.
  • If your Internet goes out infrequently (no network connection for a period of time, then it comes back) then you won't be able to play while the network is down.
  • The only server that is physically located in the EU is Reunion.  All other servers are in Canada, which might affect performance periodically.