Right click problems

goombalord

For the last couple of months I have been having issues with my right mouse button in game.  When I try to move camera I often have it pop up the right click menu on teammates and enemies.  This has lead to me accidentally kicking teammates, adding them to ignore, etc.  I originally thought it was my mouse failing, but after testing in other games, I am unable to reproduce the issue.  I asked in games today if others had experienced this and at least one other has seen it.  It seems that the game does not want to maintain the hold on right click.  Any suggestions on improving this?  I really want to stop being the accidental jerk who kicked a teammate for no reason.

Thanks.

• Retired Game Master

Possible fix, you can remap the free camera rotate to another button like the middle click (usually scroll wheel click) so it's separate from right click.

• Retired Game Master
1 hour ago, goombalord said:

Good suggestion.  Since I use the free camera rotate way more than I do the right click menu, is it possible to remap the right click menus to another button? 

Unfortunately no.  Right Click Menu is not able to be changed with binds.

image.png.59f7bae7af276013c0199e1a355d5ba4.png

The option you'd want to remap is "On Demand Mouse Look".  "On Demand Mouse Look" auto-faces your character as you move the camera as you're used to doing with the right button.  Another option is "Toggle Mouse Look", which when you press a key, it's on until you toggle it off again.  "Toggle 3rd Person View" zooms in and out of your 3rd Person character (Full POV or 3rd Person), which won't help what you're needing to do.

"Rotate Camera" is a fixed rotation similar to holding down PageUp, where you aim the camera in relation to your character and the camera 'camps' on that position (ex. If you see your character's face, then run forward, you'll see everything behind you.)  "Rotate Camera" is fixed when you press "Reset Camera" (Page Down.)

• Thanks 1